M&M2E Cyborg Gunslinger, needs building critique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Miracle

M&M2E Cyborg Gunslinger, needs building critique

Post by Miracle »

STR 14 (+2)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 16 (+3)

TOU 7 (3 flatfooted)
REF 12
DEF 23

FORT 8
WILL 8

ATT 4 (close), 12 (range)

GRAB 6
KNOCK -3 (-1 flatfooted)
INIT 11

Bluff 12 (+15)
Notice 12 (+15)
Sense Motive 12 (+15)
Vehicle 12 (+15)

Assessment
Attack Focus (range) 8
Challenge 3 (Improved Daze, Improved Taunt, Improved Trick)
Daze (Bluff)
Defensive Roll 4
Equipment 7 (motorcycle, heavy pistol x3)
Improved Initiative 2
Precise Shot 2
Taunt
Uncanny Dodge (sight)

Eagle Eye (Hard-to-Lose Device 2)
Sensory Shield 3 (+6 to saves vs visual effects)
Super Senses 7 (Detect Weakness [ranged, accurate, acute], Extended Vision 2 [1000 ft])

Gun Arm (Hard-to-Lose Device 6)
Cover Fire: Damage 8 (Extras: Autofire, Range [Ranged], Alternate Effect 6)
. . Destroyer: Damage 12 (Extras: Penetrating, Range [Ranged], Flaws: Distracting, Drawbacks: Inaccurate 2 [-4])
. . Kneecap: Paralyze 8 (Extras: Alternate Save [Reflex], Range [Ranged])
. . Spray: Damage 8 (Extras: Area [Targeted Cone], Selective Attack)
. . Warning Shot: Stun 8 (Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Range [Ranged])
Last edited by Miracle on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny

Re: M&M2E Cyborg Gunslinger, needs building critique

Post by badpenny »

Miracle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:24 pm
Bluff 12 (+15)
Notice 12 (+15)
Sense Motive 12 (+15)
Vehicle 12 (+15)
While not illegal, of course, I think maximized skills like this without addition of anything else to be rather one note.
Why buy pistols when you have them as HTL Devices?
Immunity 5 (sensory effects, Flaw: Limited [visual])
Super Senses 7 (Detect Weakness [ranged, accurate, acute], Extended Vision 2 [1000 ft])
If this is built-in and would require surgery to remove, it's not a Device.

Detect Weakness should be something you talk over with your GM because it's one of those YMMV effects and before investing points into it, you might want to find out what your GM is willing to give your for it. I've encountered GMs who look at something like that put it on par with Precognition (with no clear parameters for use and they no doubt fear it's expansive reach).

I'm not sure about the Sensory Effects Immunity. That's always been an issue for me given the cost of the flat Immunity vs. the Sensory Shield effect, which only gives you a bonus to resist.
Gun Arm (Hard-to-Lose Device 6, Feature [can switch back and forth between a gun and an arm])
. . Destroyer: Damage 12 (Extras: Penetrating, Range [Ranged], Flaws: Distracting, Drawbacks: Inaccurate 2 [-4])
I don't think you need the Feature. That could just be descriptor, but my warning above about removability applies here, too. You list Alternate Effect 6, but I only see 4 of them.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
Miracle

Re: M&M2E Cyborg Gunslinger, needs building critique

Post by Miracle »

badpenny wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm
Miracle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:24 pm
Bluff 12 (+15)
Notice 12 (+15)
Sense Motive 12 (+15)
Vehicle 12 (+15)
While not illegal, of course, I think maximized skills like this without addition of anything else to be rather one note.
I thought so too, but couldn't think of a number for 'really good at what they do', so i have them 3 points in each skill. In third edition, this would be almost capped out.
Why buy pistols when you have them as HTL Devices?
Something I'll get into later, but the arm is removable.
Immunity 5 (sensory effects, Flaw: Limited [visual])
If this is built-in and would require surgery to remove, it's not a Device.
I'd think so, but if they're knocked out or somehow immobilized, the arm and the eyes can be removed. Would that be something of a complication?
Detect Weakness should be something you talk over with your GM because it's one of those YMMV effects and before investing points into it, you might want to find out what your GM is willing to give your for it. I've encountered GMs who look at something like that put it on par with Precognition (with no clear parameters for use and they no doubt fear it's expansive reach).
Ever seen one of those movies where they can scan people? That's what I was going for. Weakness being like an opening. Basically its good for a surprise shot or power attack.
I'm not sure about the Sensory Effects Immunity. That's always been an issue for me given the cost of the flat Immunity vs. the Sensory Shield effect, which only gives you a bonus to resist.
I think i'll go for the sensory shield effect
Gun Arm (Hard-to-Lose Device 6, Feature [can switch back and forth between a gun and an arm])
I don't think you need the Feature. That could just be descriptor, but my warning above about removability applies here, too. You list Alternate Effect 6, but I only see 4 of them.
[/quote]Yeah, the last two points i couldnt decide on. Second edition Devices are 5 points with no give.