J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Dresden, Mouse, Murphy, Molly, Thomas, Ninjak, Archer&Armstrong, Bloodshot

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, I have no idea who any of the Valiant characters are, so this is VERY informative to me. Archer & Armstrong is about an immortal and his super-assassin buddy? No clue! Was the original series about that?
Davies

Re: J-Mart: Dresden, Mouse, Murphy, Molly, Thomas, Ninjak, Archer&Armstrong, Bloodshot

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:15 am Man, I have no idea who any of the Valiant characters are, so this is VERY informative to me. Archer & Armstrong is about an immortal and his super-assassin buddy? No clue! Was the original series about that?
Yep, though I don't think Archer was an assassin in the original so much as just a super martial artist.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:33 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:15 am Man, I have no idea who any of the Valiant characters are, so this is VERY informative to me. Archer & Armstrong is about an immortal and his super-assassin buddy? No clue! Was the original series about that?
Yep, though I don't think Archer was an assassin in the original so much as just a super martial artist.
Actually,Archer was a Monk from a rather.....unusual monestary(?) called(and i kid you not) the Blue Lama's stuck up somewhere in the hills of California.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:54 pm
Davies wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:33 am
Actually,Archer was a Monk from a rather.....unusual monestary(?) called(and i kid you not) the Blue Lama's stuck up somewhere in the hills of California.
I knew Archer's background was a bit different in the original series, I just didn't know exactly how since I have only read the reboot and that's where I focused my Wiki research, too. That's interesting.

As I said earlier, I cannot recommend the new series enough. I blew through the first 3 trades in no time flat. It's just good fun.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: 271 - Man Mountain Marko

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Since I'm moving some of my fighting game builds to my other thread, I'm filling their spots with new builds. I felt like it'd been a while since I dropped some jobbers so I'm adding a couple of my faves.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:53 pm We've need to add a few new members to our JOB SQUAD! Check out this charter member on Aisle 2!

Well, when the meat wagon comes to pick up what's left of you -- tell'em it was Man Mountain Marko who stomped you into the floor!! - Man Mountain Marko

MAN MOUNTAIN MARKO
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-11
Weight: 270
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Olive
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: The Maggia

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+1), Expertise [Performance] 4 (+4), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Interpose

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Protection 2, Immunity 1 (Pressure), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Nemesis: Daredevil.

Abilities 48 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 4 + Defenses 8 = 72 / 72

Build Comments: Man Mountain Marko is a fine jobber. One of the first DD comics I ever got had him as the main thug. Amazingly enough, I thought he was kinda cool. Oh, the folly of youth.

Secret Origins: Man Mountain Marko has been shown to have superhuman strength and endurance, roughly comparable to if not slightly exceeding that of Spider-Man. It has been said this is a result of steroids and genetic manipulation.

The Story so Far: Marko was first seen as Silvermane's loyal lieutenant in an incident dealing with an ancient tablet which he stole. He attacked Curtis Connors when he thinks the formula he created has killed Silvermane. Marko was quickly defeated by Spider-Man.

Marko, along with the villains Eel, Discus and Stiletto robbed the Debutante Ball of Millie Hogarth. Unfortunately, for them, Millie's father was the agent for Power Man and Iron Fist, who were called in to defeat the villains.

During a trip to gather protection money, Marko had some sort of breakdown and trashed an entire bar, with Spider-Man inside of it. Investigative reporter Ben Urich told Spider-Man that Marko had apparently also kidnapped a child. Ben knew of a facility where Marko was known to work out. Spider-Man found steroids in Marko's locker. The owner of the gym told him that the Maggia genetically altered Marko in order to make him stronger. Spider-Man stole the information from the Maggia and confronted Marko at his home. Eventually Marko was subdued and it turns out the kid he 'kidnapped' simply had a twisted sense of hero worship, admiring Marko's size and strength.

Man Mountain Marko was later seen as a sexually threatening hitman sent after private investigator Jessica Jones. This was part of a conspiracy by a powerful business magnate who wished to use Jones and Captain America as a way to humiliate the current President of the United States. Jones severely beat Marko, then literally threw him at the feet of the businessman, who was in the middle of a golf game. Marko and his bosses were soon arrested by Clay Quartermain and the forces of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Later, Marko developed a singing career focusing on the concept of violence against female super-heroes. While on a plane with the super-hero Dazzler he became enraged over the perceived lack of alcohol. He injured passengers and took a hostage, whose wrist he breaks to prove he was serious. Dazzler, at low power, managed to subdue him.

He has been seen recently in Gotham City meeting with the crime lord Black Mask.

Characterization: Marko is a super strong thug, plain and simple.

Friends and Foes: He works for whoever he can find to give him a job. He has had several run-ins with Daredevil and Spider-Man.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 272 - Man-Bull

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another fine jobber.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 am We've got another member of our JOB SQUAD Line getting stocked on Aisle 2!

Now that is some impressive jobbing, folks. I mean, he not only got pwned, but looked goofy while doing it. Kudos, William.

MAN-BULL
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP 1
Height: 7-0
Weight: 450
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Brown
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+11), Deception (-1), Intimidation 9 (+8), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Tough Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 8 pts
Ramming Speed: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 2 pts
Horns: Piercing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extras: Binding, Dangerous); 2 pts
GORE!: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5, Tripping, Flaw: Limited [only when charging); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +8; Horns +8, Critical 19-20; Gore +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +9 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Daredevil (or really, any hero wearing red…)
Mental Instability: Man-Bull's intelligence is constantly in flux, but generally deteriorating as the long term effects of his transformation come to fruition.

Abilities 40 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 16 + Defenses 8 = 75 / 75

Build Comments: Gotta love the jobbers, man. Another of my favorites is the wonderfully lame Man-Bull. Big, dumb brick brutes are a dime a dozen in comics, but he has horns. That makes him better than a lot of others. Plus, I can always do my Joey Styles homage GORE! GORE! GORE!

Secret Origins: William "Bill" Taurens was born in Camden, New Jersey. He was hired by a Mister Kline to round up people to test an experimental serum taken from bulls made by his agent The Professor. His attempts were all thwarted by Daredevil. As a result, Bill ended up being a guinea pig for the serum which turned him in to humanoid bull.

The Story so Far: With his new powers, Man-Bull attempted to take his revenge on Daredevil and the two have clashed on several different occasions, with Bill generally coming out on the short end of the stick. He did try to go straight for a while, but ended up falling back into his villainous ways to make ends meet.

Characterization: Man-Bull is a jobber villain with little intelligence. He’s generally just used a pawn by other mastermind villains.

Friends and Foes: He has a rivalry with Daredevil, but it’s pretty one-sided.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 273 - Shaggy Man

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Super jobber on Aisle 1...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:17 am Check out this new item for our Villains Line on Aisle 1!

Ok, Shaggy, you go with Scoob and...

Whoops. Wrong Shaggy...

SHAGGY MAN
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 14; DPL: 14; FWPL: 5; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+24), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (-2), Insight (+1), Intimidation 12 (+10/+12), Perception (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+5), Stealth (+2/-2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Shaggy Man Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shaggy Hide: Impervious Toughness 19; 19 pts
Synthetic Life Form: Immunity 41 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects, Aging), Regeneration 10 (1/every round); 51 pts
Alternate Effects of Strength: 2 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 14 (Extras: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Shaggy Man must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Shaggy Man must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Groundstrike Affliction +14, Burst Area; Shockwave Affliction +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To whoever is controlling him at the time.

Abilities 74 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 81 + Defenses 12 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: I LOVE the Shaggy Man. He’s the perfect super powerful team jobber that the JLA or Avengers need. He’s strong enough to be a threat to a whole high-level team, but not smart enough to be a serious threat.

Secret Origins: Shaggy Man is a robotic creature created by Professor Ivo.

The Story so Far: Shaggy Man was created from dead body parts and a plastic and titanium alloy, becoming an extremely strong but mindless synthetic being. Various applications have been utilized to defeat each incarnation of it, ranging from burial deep into the sea, to placing an entire mountain on top of him. The sole purpose of Shaggy Man is destruction and mayhem.

When the robot came to life, it went on a rampage that not even the JLA could stop. The Flash persuaded Ivo to create another Shaggy Man with the theory that they would destroy each other. But Hector Hammond captured one of them and sent it to the JLA satellite so that it would destroy them all. Green Lantern trapped it and Aquaman imprisoned it in a trench deep in the Pacific Ocean.

Recently, when a JLA team located the headquarters of The Secret Society in a secluded mansion, they infiltrated the base but were attacked by a new Shaggy Man.

Characterization: The Shaggy Man is a mindless engine of destruction and one of the strongest creatures on the planet.

Friends and Foes: The Shaggy Man only responds to whoever controls it and sometimes even that process breaks down and it becomes a threat to its master, too.
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Archer&Armstrong, Bloodshot, Man Mountain Marko, Man-Bull, Shaggy Man

Post by Ken »

Awesome Shaggy Man!!! I might have gone with higher Regeneration and slightly lower Toughness*. But still awesome.

(I'm recalling Superman and Shaggy duking it out on the exterior of the JLA Satellite [as the satellite is falling out of orbit] in JLA (vol. 1) #104, and seeing the Shaggy Man flying completely apart, and coming back almost instantly.)

Final panel? Kal-El was wrong.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy): Earth-T304

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're starting our month (maybe more) long Spider-Verse Special! We're going to be posting many members of Spidey's friends and foes from all over the Thorpocamultiverse and we're starting it out with this new item for Aisle 2!

You're a good cop, dad. You put on that badge and carry that gun because you know if you don't someone who shouldn't will. When I put on this mask, I only did it -- Because it freed me from responsibility. I thought I was special. And Peter Parker died because he tried to follow my example. I have to take responsibility for that. To make his death mean something. But I can't do it in a jail cell. This mask is my badge now. If I don't define what it means... monsters like this will. This is where I'm needed most. - Spider Woman Gwen Stacy

GHOST SPIDER (GWEN STACY)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 9; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-5
Weight: 125
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York City, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Spider Army

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 8 [10], DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+13/+15/+19) [Agile Feint], Athletics (+8/+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10/+12), Deception 4 (+7/+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Percussion] 2 (+5), Expertise [Police] 2 (+5), Expertise [Science] 4 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 5 (+7/+15), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 5 (+10), Stealth (+10), Technology 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Defensive Strike*, Equipment (1), Evasion (2), Extraordinary Effort, Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Quip Machine: Enhanced Skills 4 (Deception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Deception checks to feint/Taunt); 2 pts
Spider-Senses: Enhanced Advantages 10 (Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Defensive Strike*, Evasion 2, Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended, Counters Concealment]); 29 pts
Spider-Strength: Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks); 2 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Accelerated Climb*), Enhanced Skills 1 (Acrobatics 2 ranks), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 9 pts
Web Shooters: 39 pts Traits, Removable (-8 pts); 31 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 6 pts
Web Slinging Array: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees); 30 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 10 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Web Nets: Ranged Shapeable Area Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Extra: Affects others, Shapeable Area [30 ft volume], Attack, Quirk: Requires anchor); 1 pt
Web Spinning: Create 10 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Permanent, Quirk 3 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor, Web objects dissolve after 1 hour]); 1 pt

Dimensional Travel Watch: 6 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 4 pts
Travel the Web if Life and Destiny: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3 [Any Dimension]); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Smartphone: Feature 4 (Cellular Communication, Photography, Data [Technology checks involving computers, limited], Digital Video Recording); 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +10 (+12 with Spider Sense) [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Web Shooters +10 [Web Slinging Affliction +10; Web Spinning Create +10; Web Throwing Move Object +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24] Parry +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Gwen is torn about what to do with her life; be Spider-Woman or forge a life as Gwen Stacy.
Enemy: J. Jonah Jameson is the first of many to come…
Guilt: Her friend, Peter Parker, died after becoming The Lizard to try and "be special" like her and she has great guilt over it.
Power Loss: Sometimes the flu, a radiation drain or just her own mental state can cause her lose his powers. If she does, her stats change to STR 0, STA 1, AGL 2, DEX 1 and Parry ranks drop to 2.
Relationships: She is close to her father, Captain Stacy, and her friends in the Mary Janes.
Responsibility: With great power comes great…
Secret Identity: She keeps her identity as Gwen Stacy secret from the public and as with all super heroes with dual lives, it can be quite the struggle to maintain.

Abilities 80 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 77 + Defenses 14 = 199 / 199

Build Comments: So when Dan Slott was plotting out Spider Verse a few years back, where they were throwing in “every single one” of the Spider-Men/Women of the multiverse, they decided to do a handful of one-shots for different Spider People. One of them was for a world where Gwen Stacy got bit by the radioactive spider and became Spider-Woman. I read it and I thought it was a cute story, very similar to Peter’s, of course, with a couple of little twists. I liked it. But something happened that I didn’t see coming:

Spider Gwen blew the hell up!

The book, Edge of the Spider Verse #2 had multiple printings, rare in this day and age when the comic is fading. Then there’s all this Spider Gwen fan art, tons of art from professionals, fan fiction, Spider Gwen cosplay out the wazoo and comic nerds clamoring for more. And they got it. Solo books, tons of crossovers and even the Unbelievable Gwenpool spin off. And in the book, Gwen is the drummer for Mary Jane Watson’s band, aptly named the Mary Janes and they worked on a song, “Face it, Tiger” (wink, wink) and now there are bands that have written their own versions of the song, posting vids and on and on. It’s been pretty amazing.

Secret Origins: On her Earth, high school student Gwen Stacy was bitten by a radioactive spider giving her the abilities of a spider. She goes by the name Spider-Woman and used her newly found powers to for more personal gain rather than helping people by becoming a professional drummer. Her friend, Peter Parker remained a weak individual that Gwen needed to save from bullying. This made him develop an inferiority complex causing him to create a serum to make him more like Gwen after she has revealed to him her powers.

This caused him to become their Earth’s version of the Lizard and Gwen is forced to fight him. Unfortunately due to the serum during the battle Peter dies and she vows to use her powers for good. Unfortunately Gwen is blamed for Peter's death and a campaign against her, spearheaded by J. Jonah Jameson, is started.

The Story so Far: Gwen is the drummer of a band named the Mary Janes (Which includes Mary Jane Watson, Glory Grant and an unknown third member) although she is often late for practices and concerts because of her double life. While out fighting crime she is also targeted by the police force who is being commanded by her own father Captain George Stacy.

Due to Captain Stacy's success against organized crime he a hit is placed on him by the Kingpin who uses his lawyer Matt Murdock to hire hit man Aleksei Sytsevich. Aleksei tracks Captain Stacy down at a Mary Janes concert and attacks him. Gwen steps in and is able to defeat him but is cornered by her own father. There she reveals to him that she is Spider-Woman and he allows her to escape.

Gwen was one of the first spider-totems to join Spider UK's Spider-Army in order to combat the Inheritors during the Great Hunt..

She was sent to Earth-21205 to recruit the spider-totem of that reality, a Peter Parker who was driven to madness and grief caused by the death of the Gwen of that reality and became the Goblin; however, that Peter was killed by Verna and her Hounds. Angered, Gwen swore vengeance and warped away from that reality.

Spider-Woman was later present during the final fight against the Inheritors, during which the villains were finally defeated and dealt with.

Characterization: Gwen Stacy harbors much of Earth-217 Peter Parker's personality and conflicts, such as receiving negative media attention of herself and having the conflict of being a superheroine over her normal life of a band member. She is a sarcastic, wisecracking heroine when fighting criminals and supervillains. She originally used her powers for attention. But after advice expressed to Gwen by her father that Spider-Woman could use her powers for good purposes, she was motivated to stop bullying, which Peter Parker of her Earth was a victim of.

Friends and Foes: She is close to her father and her bandmates in the Mary Janes. She has formed relationships with several of the Spider totems of the Multiverse during her time in the Spider Army and with with the Web Warriors. She and Miles Morales shared a brief romance and remain close despite their inter-dimensional divide.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

368 - Venom

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new item in our Spider Verse Line hitting the Aisle 2 shelves and it's a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL!

Too much has happened to both of us for things to go back to exactly the way they were before. I need some time to think about the way things were between us. I need to know how much of what I've done in the past was because of you......and how much of it was me! And a real big part of me is afraid to have those questions answered. - Venom Eddie Brock

VENOM (EDDIE BROCK)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 8; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-3 (Variable)
Weight: 235 (Variable)
Eyes: Blue (White as Venom)
Hair: Reddish-Blonde (None as Venom)
Skin: Fair (Black as Venom)
Race: Human Symbiote Hybrid
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 7 [9], DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+10/+14), Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 0 (+9/+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+6), Expertise [Symbiotes] 12 (+13), Insight (+2), Intimidation 9 (+11) [Startle], Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 3 (+5/+13), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 2 (+10), Stealth (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Evasion (1), Fighting Climb*, Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Bite, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (5), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Spider Sense Immunity: Immunity 1 (Spider-Senses, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense and Uncanny Dodge detection); 1 pt
Venom Senses: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Accelerated Climb*, Evasion, Fighting Climb*, Move-by Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Enhanced Agility 1, Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Parry 1, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended, Counters Concealment]); 21 pts Healing Factor: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 6 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 7 pts
Cellular Morphing: 10 pt Array; 12 pts
Morphing: Morph 2 (People roughly same size and gender); 10 pts
Blending: Concealment 2 (Flaw: Blending); 1 pt
Fangs: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2; 1 pt

Organic Webbing: 40 pts Traits
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging), Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr); 6 pts
Web Slinging Array: 31 pt Array; 34 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 31 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 11 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Webbing over the eyes: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Split, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Web Spinning: Create 6 (Extra: Continuous, Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Permanent, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +9 [Bite +13]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +11]
Ranged Attack +8
Webbing +10 [Webbing Slinging Affliction +10; Webbing over the Eyes Affliction +10; Web Throwing Move Object +11]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+10 with Venom Sense) [DC19/20] Parry +9 (+10 with Venom Sense) [DC19/20]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +11, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: The Venom symbiote has a hunger for adrenaline that requires him to hunt prey to feed.
Enemy: Carnage, Mr. Negative and several others.
Motivation: Trying to be the hero he belives he can be as well as trying to restore the symbiote to its less violent ways.
Power Loss: Without his powers, he loses all powers and his abilities drop to Str 4, Sta 3, Agi 2, Fgt 5.
Vulnerable: Venom is particularly vulnerable to fire and sonic effects. He takes one additional degree of effect against fire and two degrees against sonic effects. Since Venom’s webbing is derived from himself itself, excessive use can weaken the him, rendering his powers impaired, disabled, and finally debilitated.

Abilities 90 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 87 + Defenses 4 = 213 / 213

Build Comments: Eddie is the man most identified with the Venom symbiote so I guess it makes sense for him to be back as Venom, especially with movie coming out later this year. Eddie lost the Venom symbiote and kinda faded out for a while, then the Marvel writers got the great idea to have him get negative Venom powers from Mister Negative to become Anti-Venom. Then he got the Toxin symbiote for a while but now he’s back “home”.

I like Eddie as the tortured soul trying to do right better than the pure killing machine that he has been at points so that’s how would use him. It will be interesting to see how the movie comes out. Tom Hardy rarely swings and misses but I’m not getting the warm fuzzies about the movie so far. I guess we’ll see.

Secret Origins: As a child, Edward Charles Allan Brock is raised in a Roman Catholic household in San Francisco. Eddie's mother died from complications during his birth and as a result his father is cold and unaffectionate towards him. Eddie excels in academics and sports in an attempt to earn his father's approval but does not succeed. In college, Brock switches his major to journalism after reading an article on the Watergate scandal. After graduating he moves to New York City and obtains a job as a journalist for the Daily Globe. Though he proves himself to be a highly talented journalist, his father still only treats him with indifference.

As a reporter, Brock investigates the serial killer Sin-Eater and is contacted by Emil Gregg, who claims to be the killer. Pressured by the authorities to reveal the killer's identity, Brock writes an exposé announcing Gregg as the Sin-Eater. However, the real Sin-Eater is caught by Spider-Man and Brock is revealed to have been interviewing a compulsive confessor. Brock is fired from his job in disgrace and divorced from his wife. Unable to find reputable work, he is forced to work for tabloid magazines and his father ceases communication with him entirely. Brock becomes obsessed with gaining revenge against Spider-Man, blaming him for catching the real Sin-Eater. Brock takes up bodybuilding to reduce stress but his anger and depression remain.

Meanwhile, Spider-Man uses the sound of bells at a church to remove his symbiote costume after realizing it is attempting to permanently bond with him. His professional and personal life shattered, Brock contemplates suicide and goes to the same church, where he prays to God for forgiveness. The Symbiote, having waited in the rafters of the church since leaving Spider-Man, senses Brock and bonds with him, granting him powers equal and greater to those of Spider-Man, and imparting knowledge of Spider-Man's secret identity.

The Story so Far: Brock taunted Peter Parker with minor assaults, such as pushing him in front of an oncoming train and then grabbing his ankle while scaling an Atlantic City building. The alien costume could cancel out the wall-crawler’s spider-sense presumably by projecting conflicting frequencies upon Spider-Man's brain waves. Venom finally made a bold move when he confronted Parker's wife, Mary Jane Watson, at their old Chelsea apartment. Although Venom’s twisted sense of morality did not allow him to physically harm Mary Jane, Spider-Man immediately realized the nature of this threat. Remembering the symbiote's weakness, Spider-Man retrieved a sonic blaster from the Fantastic Four, and fired the blaster at Venom. Spider-Man then discovered that the symbiote could not be separated from Brock because it had completely bonded with him. Spider-Man rationalized that further use of the weapon on Venom might kill him and decided to relent. Trying to escape and rethink his options, Spider-Man was caught unaware by Venom. He captured Spider-Man and secured him to the inside of the church bell with a considerable amount of webbing. Spider-Man narrowly escaped the bell’s crushing clapper before defeating Venom by forcing him to deplete his webbing supply, of which the alien symbiote was actually comprised. Before the alien could regenerate enough of its mass to become a renewed threat, Spider-Man brought Venom to the Fantastic Four who imprisoned him in a sonic containment cell. The Fantastic Four then shipped Venom to the government super-prison in the Colorado Rockies called the Vault.

In the years since, Eddie has gone back and forth between hero and villain, being involved any many significant superhero events. He eventually contracted cancer after losing the symbiote but was healed by Mr. Negative and gained a new symbiote and became Anti-Venom. After losing that symbiote, he gained the Toxin symbiote for a time.

Recently, Eddie returned to the FBI, seeking to recruit new replacement members into the Symbiote Task Force. When he heard rumors that Venom had returned to villainy, Eddie travelled to New York and volunteered his services. Upon arriving and seeing that his "darling" symbiote had indeed returned to Earth, Eddie tricked Spider-Man into helping separate the suit from its current host, Lee Price. Once the suit was taken away, Eddie freed it from its containment, reclaiming it to become Venom once again.

Characterization: By his own admission, Eddie was never a particularly functional or benevolent man, though he frequently made efforts to better himself. Obsessed with and desperate for success, as a child and into his adulthood he stole and lied in order to get the acknowledgement he desperately craved and further his career. Despite excelling academically and becoming a successful journalist, Eddie was never able to impress his father. His Catholic upbringing significantly influenced his actions, in particular as Anti-Venom, and for a time he came to see himself as having been chosen by God to cleanse Earth of the symbiotes. However, Eddie's faith was not unshakable, and he would occasionally find himself doubting whether God was listening, which led him to ultimately abandon his faith.

Friends and Foes: Eddie also has an odd habit of forming protective bonds to young women such as Beck Underwood, Jenna Cole, and Jubulile van Scotter, using them as a moral compass to guide his actions. Eddie and Spider-Man eventually developed a sufficient degree of mutual respect. Eddie also showed that he had developed a suffiecient degree of respect for Flash Thimpson as well.

Despite reuniting with the symbiote, Eddie refused to relapse into his Lethal Protector mindset, determined to go straight and become a true superhero. The symbiote's re-corruption and renewed proclivity for violence, coupled with its volatile obsession with staying bonded to him, led Eddie to question his decision to reunite with it. However, Eddie resolved to stay bonded to it and find a way to help it recover. But at times, the symbiote overpowers him and bad things can happen.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Archer&Armstrong, Bloodshot, Man Mountain Marko, Man-Bull, Shaggy Man

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:53 am Awesome Shaggy Man!!! I might have gone with higher Regeneration and slightly lower Toughness*. But still awesome.

(I'm recalling Superman and Shaggy duking it out on the exterior of the JLA Satellite [as the satellite is falling out of orbit] in JLA (vol. 1) #104, and seeing the Shaggy Man flying completely apart, and coming back almost instantly.)
I may make that change. I just find 3E Regeneration to be really powerful so I try to make the Regen 10 the max. But I might make an exception for him. That's a pretty nice trick he had going on there.
Thorpocalypse

369 - Agent Anti-Venom (Flash Thompson)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new item in Spider Verse line that has a bit of a SYMBIOTIC relationship with our last new item!

Looks like I'm...what they'd used to call you Brock? I'm ANTI-VENOM! - Agent Anti-Venom

AGENT ANTI-VENOM (FLASH THOMPSON)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 8; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 4-1 (6-2 with Prosthetics, Variable as Anti-Venom)
Weight: 160 (175 with Prosthetics, Variable as Anti-Venom)
Eyes: Blue (Black as Anti-Venom)
Hair: Blonde (None as Anti-Venom)
Skin: Fair (White as Anti-Venom)
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Guardian of the Galaxy

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 8 [10], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+12/+16), Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 0 (+10/+12), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Military] 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+10/+18) [Tracking], Persuasion (+3), Stealth 5 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, Assessment, Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Fighting Climb*, , Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Guns), Languages (2) (Farsi, 4 others, Base: English), Leadership, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Power Attack (2), Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1 [2]), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Spider Sense Immunity: Immunity 1 (Spider-Senses, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense and Uncanny Dodge detection); 1 pt
Venom Senses: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Accelerated Climb*, Evasion, Fighting Climb*, Move-by Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Enhanced Agility 1, Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Parry 1, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended, Counters Concealment]); 21 pts
Healing Factor: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 6 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 7 pts
Cellular Morphing: 10 pt Array; 12 pts
Morphing: Morph 2 (People roughly same size and gender); 10 pts
Blending: Concealment 2 (Flaw: Blending); 1 pt
Fangs: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2; 1 pt

Anti-Venom Powers: 30 pt Array; 31 pts
Curing Others: Nullify 10 (Foreign Agent-Based Powers, Extras: Simultaneous, Continuous, Flaws: Range [Close], Fades); 30 pts
Curing Disease: Healing 10 (Extra: Restorative, Persistent, Flaw: Others only); 1 pt

Organic Webbing: 40 pts Traits
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging), Speed 4 (32 mph/500 fpr); 6 pts
Web Slinging Array: 31 pt Array; 34 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 31 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 10 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Webbing over the eyes: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Split, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Web Spinning: Create 6 (Extra: Continuous, Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Permanent, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Arsenal: (22 pts)
Tri-Gun: Ranged Damage Multiattack Ballistic Damage 7; 21 pts
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius), Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +10 [Fangs +12]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +12 [Web Slinging Affliction +10; Web Throwing Move Object +10; Web Spinning Create +6; Tri-Gun +7, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Fragmentation Grenades +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Anti-Venom Sense) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Anti-Venom Sense) [DC20/22]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Without the symbiote, Flash lost his legs below the knee in the Iraq War.
Enemy: Carnage and several others that he's acquired as Agent Venom/Anti-Venom.
Patriotism: Flash is a decorated soldier and he truly believes in honoring and defending his country.
Power Loss: Without the symbiote, he loses all powers and his abilities drop to STR 3, STA 3, AGL 0, FGT 6 and cannot walk without his prostheses.
Relationships: He is close to his high school friends.
Vulnerable: The Anti-Venom symbiote is particularly vulnerable to fire and sonic effects. He takes one additional degree of effect against fire and two degrees against sonic effects. Since Anti-Venom’s webbing is derived from himself itself, excessive use can weaken the him, rendering his powers impaired, disabled, and finally debilitated.

Abilities 98 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 118 + Defenses 4 = 270 / 270

Build Comments: Spoiler for some…

Flash Thompson…is dead. I refuse to accept that. He became too great of a character over the years for that to happen. His time as Agent Venom had its ups and down but was fun overall. Basically the government ripped the symbiote out of Mac Gargan and had been experimenting with it to gain control over it. Once they did, they picked Flash, who figuratively jumped at the chance to be bonded with the symbiote since it would allow him serve his country and walk again. The symbiote was originally kept sedated so Flash could maintain control, and they set it up where Flash could only use it on 20 missions, then he’s done. And guess what? He had it for years. I figured after the positive response that would happen. I did not think, however, that it would set him up to be the significant death at the end of Dan Slott’s Spider-Man run. But again, I refuse to accept that so he’s kickin’ in the Thorpocaverse as Agent Anti-Venom. Since he got that symbiote to help Eddie and Pete fight the Red Goblin who was Norman Osborne with the Carnage symbiote.

Yeah, I know, they just can't help themselves when it comes to the symbiotes. But at least it's off Norman. For now... ;)

Secret Origins: Eugene "Flash" Thompson was a former classmate of Peter Parker. Flash grew up in Forest Hills, Queens, New York. He lived only a few blocks from Peter's house. He lived with his father Harrison Thompson, a police officer in the New York Police Department, his mother Rosie Thompson and his little sister Jesse. Flash was physically abused by his alcoholic father, leading to Flash's own violent, bullying nature.

Like Peter Parker, he went to Midtown High School, where he bullied him daily. The bullying continued for a long time even after Peter gained his Spider powers who never used them against Flash, even when tempted to do so. The only exception was a boxing match between the two in the school gym, where Peter evaded Flash's punches with his reflexes and knocked him out with a single punch.

Flash graduated from high school and enrolled at Empire State University on an athletic scholarship, becoming once more a classmate to Peter Parker. Even though at first he continued his rivalry with Peter, turning his new classmates Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy against him, eventually, they became close friends, also because Gwen befriended Peter and made the two bury the hatchet. By the time Flash left college to join the army, he and Peter parted as friends.

The Story so Far: Flash was in the war in Iraq, and lost his legs after saving his partner from enemy forces. Flash's sacrifice is enough to earn him a recommendation for the Medal of Honor. He returned to the United States and started dating Betty Brant.

Flash became the new Venom when he was enlisted as a part of Project: Rebirth 2.0.[6] Flash was bonded with the symbiote, recently acquired by the U.S. government after Mac Gargan's arrest after the Siege of Asgard. While bonded, Flash was able to reproduce his legs and had powers comparable to Spider-Man.

Flash had many missions and adventures as Agent Venom. He was part of the Secret Avengers for a while and also traveled the spaceways as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He also closely bonded with the symbiote, curing it (mostly) of its violent ways and developing a relationship with it.

Eventually, However, Agent Venom was attacked by the FBI using a specialized anti-symbiote suit of armor. Agent Venom was struck by a beam that separated him from the symbiote, which relapsed into its murderous state and abandoned him. Falling into depression with the loss of his friend and what had made him a superhero, Flash was able to renew his determination to rescue the symbiote from whoever had taken it.

After learning that Mania had had her symbiote stolen, Flash assumed the culprit was the one responsible for separating him from the Venom symbiote. Using the traces of the Venom symbiote inside his body as a compass, Flash tracked it to Alchemax Tower, where he discovered it had re-bonded to Eddie Brock. Flash confronted Brock and attempted to have the symbiote return to him. While the symbiote was struggling to decide which host to go to, and latched to both men at the same time, Spider-Man appeared on the scene. He overturned a vat of artificial Anti-Venom serum developed by Alchemax on Flash and Eddie in an attempt to kill the symbiote. Instead of killing the symbiote, the serum turned the portion of it bonded with Flash into a new Anti-Venom, which transformed Flash into a color-inverted version of his Agent Venom form.

After teaming up with Spider-Man and Eddie Brock, who rebounded with the Venom symbiote to defeat Maniac, Flash gave Eddie his blessing to keep the Venom symbiote and began his new career as Agent Anti-Venom.

Characterization: As a result of chronic abuse by his violent, alcoholic father, Flash Thompson became a bully during his high-school years, picking on students weaker than himself — namely Peter Parker — in order to vent his anger and frustration. Nevertheless desiring his father's approval above all else, Flash pushed himself to excel in sports, embodying the stereotype of a dumb jock.

Inspired by Spider-Man's selfless heroism, Flash eventually straightened himself out and joined the military in order to prove himself a hero, but was ashamed and haunted by his past as a bully. Remaining hot-tempered and lapsing into alcoholism, Flash despaired at the parallels he saw between himself and his father. Upon becoming Agent Venom, Flash's aspirations to be a superhero clashed with both his military superiors' orders — eventually leading to him going AWOL to protect his family; and with the predatory urges of the symbiote, which was kept suppressed by a suppressant chemical but would resurface if Flash became too angry.

After joining the Secret Avengers and the Thunderbolts, Flash came to realize just how heavy the burden of being a hero was when his new rogues’ galley and the feral symbiote attacked his family; eventually leaving to Philadelphia to protect them and try to leave his past behind. Upon the Venom symbiote being cleansed, Flash's relationship with it began anew and he came to consider it his comrade and partner, to the point that even when it was re-corrupted he endeavoured to save it from itself.

Friends and Foes: Flash is good friends with Peter Parker and his former lovers Liz Allan and Betty Brant. He has also become friends with several members of the superhero community as well.
Davies

Re: 369 - Agent Anti-Venom (Flash Thompson)

Post by Davies »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:32 am Flash Thompson…is dead. I refuse to accept that.
No one is ever permanently dead except the Waynes. On the other hand, that is its own problem.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Man Mountain Marko, Man-Bull, Shaggy Man, Spider Gwen, Venom, Agent Anti-Venom

Post by Ken »

FLASH!!! Ahhh ahhhh. Saviour of the universe!!!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jack of Spades

Re: 369 - Agent Anti-Venom (Flash Thompson)

Post by Jack of Spades »

Davies wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:15 am No one is ever permanently dead except the Waynes. On the other hand, that is its own problem.
We used to say that about Bucky, too...
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site