J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart: Tracer, Grendel, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire

Post by Bladewind »

Watch the animated Titans vs Justice League.

While I enjoyed it overall (except the odd attempt to make Raven seem plain which to me just looked like poor art compared to the others as a result).
Cyborg is with the League, but pays homage to his roots with the Titans... to the point where Beast Boy shifts into a donkey and shows Vic his, well, ass.

The references felt forced, but that version of Vic was more JLA material than Titan material.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jack of Spades

Re: Cyborg

Post by Jack of Spades »

Ares wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 amI understand that the most iconic members of the Justice League happened during a time when there weren't a lot of black heroes, I understand that Vic is probably DC's most high profile black hero thanks to the exposure of the Teen Titans cartoon, I get that there's a president with his appearance on that old Super Powers cartoon, and I get that the Avengers films make them want to have an Iron Man on their team, even though guys like Batman, the Atom, the Hawks (when they were aliens), J'onn and Barry Allen generally handled the tech side of things just fine.

To me, Vic is a Titan the same way Ben Grimm is a member of the Fantastic Four: it's just his home. And I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Vic having New Genesis technology in him, as it feels like it was done to explain why he's powerful enough to join the League. Instead of being the pinnacle of Earth technology, having a variety of self-built weapons and abilities, and showcasing Vic's own intelligence as he learns to not only maintain his own systems, but improve them, Vic is now just that good because of alien technology. He's connected to every computer on the planet, he can open Boom Tubes, and he's got weapon systems straight out of New Genesis. At that point, he's basically the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle on steroids.

So yeah, maybe I'm biased, but I'll always prefer Vic as a Titan.
I'm with Ares here. Cyborg just isn't in that league to me. On the other hand, I think John Stewart makes a better League member than Hal Jordan ever will, owing to being able to actually work with a team – and I'd argue after the animated Justice League, he's got a higher profile than Cyborg. If you need a tech or power armor guy, go with John Henry Irons or Jaime Reyes. Though I don't really think the League needs one – and if they do, I'd nominate the Atom (either Ray Palmer or Ryan Choi).

Also not a fan of New Genesis Cyborg. I liked it when Vic was the athlete, and not a dummy, but the tech was terrestrial and he leaned on his father and Star Labs for repairs and upgrades. And occasionally he'd have to go in for oil changes or whatever.

There was a time when a requirement for becoming a member of the Justice League was having had a solo series for at least 12 issues. Black Lightning got the nod after 12, but declined. I think abandoning that is what made League membership less of a big deal. Seems like they'll give anyone a key to the Secret Sanctuary these days.

Get off my lawn!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Thorpocalypse

Thadd the Great

Post by Thorpocalypse »

And we're back at the main store after a short hiatus to get our minds right...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You?!?!?! A "right mind"?!?!? When has that EVER been the case?

Shut up, Randal! I had a lot going on.

You mean trying to get to Mythic level on Magic Arena and being sick for almost a month and then being lazy?

Um, yeah...

Proud of you, man. Good to see my influence on you is finally paying off.

Um...thanks? Anyway, we're back at it with some original builds before we start bringing everything home here to the main store again. So we're starting off with some originals for games in the game room. Check this one out on Aisle 16!

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN
PL5

OPL: 5; DPL: 5; HP: 1
Archetype: Knight
Height: 6-4
Weight: 228
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Alignment: Public
Mentor: Eldorian the Sentinel

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+8), Insight (-1), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 8 (+7), Persuasion 9 (+12/+14) [Attractive, Daze], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Close Attack (1), Daze (1) (Persuasion), Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Interpose, Leadership, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Theme Music: Feature 1 (Thadd has a limited ability to generate a particular sound, his “theme music” at will. It can be useful for a circumstance modifier on some interaction checks [particularly taunts]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Plate Mail: Protection 5; 5 pts
Greatsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous; 5 pts
Javelin: Ranged Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous; 5 pts

Explorer’s Pack: Backpack, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of Rations, Waterskin, 50 feet of rope, mirror, grooming kit (free, right?)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +3 [Greatsword +7, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +3 [Javelins +5, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Thadd the Great named himself Thadd the Great. That's probably all you need to know about how he feels about himself,
Chatterbox: Thadd loves to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Motivation: Becoming the greatest hero of all time.
Naïve: Despite his bravado, he has little real world experience and is trusting of everyone that doesn't meet his definition of evil.
Prejudice: Thadd believes that only humans, elves, dwarves and races that look like humans can be good. Every "thing" else is probably evil.
Secret: That's between me and Camus. :)
Showboat: Thadd believes that in order to be a great hero, one most not only succeed but do it with flash and flair. No one will write epics about Thadd the Boring.

Abilities 24 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 1 + Defenses 8 = 75 / 75

Hello and well met fellow adventurers!!! Are you ready for GREATNESS?!?!?!? I can’t hear you…ARE YOU READY FOR GREATNESS?!?!?!?! That’s what I thought!!! HUZZAH!!!

I am Thaddeodorus Highborn first and only son of Thavrik Highborn of the Thorp of Thorpe now resident of Solmir. I am also known as Thadd the Great! Trained at the sword of Eldorian the Sentinel, legendary swordmaster of Solmir! Join with me and let us rid this land of evil! We will help the helpless, provide hope to the hopeless and become the scourge of villains everywhere!!!

With me as your leader, legendary fame awaits!!! So I ask again, ARE YOU READY FOR GREATNESS?!?!!?!?!?!?! Well, then join with me in our battle cry:

EXCELSIOR!!!

(What do you mean that’s been taken? By Lord Stan Lee the Greatest? Damn…)

ADVENTURERS ASSEMBLE!!!

(That, too? But it’s not exactly…what is copyright law? OK, something else then…)

SPOON!!!

(You’ve got to be kidding me?!?!? Well, we’ll workshop a battle cry later, I guess. Anyway…)

ON TO GREATNESS!!!

Build Comments: What I was going for with Thadd the Great is the jock who can’t read the room. He’s handsome, great at what he does, driven, loyal to his teammates and the girls love him but he’s liable to insult the wrong person with a remark he thought he was a joke but was WAY over the line. He wants to be the best and can’t imagine anyone else wouldn’t want to do the same. He truly wants to do the right things; fight evil, help the helpless, save the damsel, etc. But why would you risk your life fighting monsters and if you can’t get fame and fortune out of it?

Build Comments: This is a submission for Camus' fantasy game, The Daze. Even if I don't get in, I had a blast making him.

What I was going for with Thadd the Great is the jock who can’t read the room. He’s handsome, great at what he does, driven, loyal to his teammates and the girls love him but he’s liable to insult the wrong person with a remark he thought he was a joke but was WAY over the line. He wants to be the best and can’t imagine anyone else wouldn’t want to do the same. He truly wants to do the right things; fight evil, help the helpless, save the damsel, etc. But why would you risk your life fighting monsters and if you can’t get fame and fortune out of it?
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Slyce

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This is the character I'm playing Jab's game, the Victory League. Check it out on Aisle 16!

SLYCE
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mega City
Team Affiliations: The Victory League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 7 (+11), Deception (+1), Expertise [Football] 5 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+5), Insight (+4), Intimidation 10 (+11) [Startle], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 10 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 5 (1/every 2 rounds, Extra: Regrowth); 10 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Low-Light Vision); 4 pts
Enhanced Physiology: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 4 pts
Slycers: Multiattack Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Split); 13 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +4; Slycers 7, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Ego: Xavion is always used to being very good at being the toughest dude in the room and sometimes this causes him to get into scraps that are avoidable.
Enemy: The sinister group that made him into what he is.
Guilt: Xavion has done some bad things that he'd like to forget.
I loves me some me!: Slyce has a lot of bravado and has the ultimate confidence in his abilities.
Motivation: Slyce wants to make up for the bad things he's done and set a good example for his kids.
Relationships: He and his ex-wife Shawnda have a complicated relationship. He is close to his mom, Marie and his father, Julius. He dearly loves his kids, Janita and Julius II.
Vulnerable: The people that transformed Xavion into the living weapon that he is encoded a number of trigger phrases that allowed them to control him. With the help of Doctor Mercury, he has overcome some of them, but not all.

Abilities 56 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 30 + Defenses 15 = 136 / 136

My story?

You all know this story by now, right? As my they say in that Disney movie my daughter loves, it’s a ”tale as old as time”.

A boy is born to loving parents in the heartland of America. They worked their asses off to give him a good life. They succeeded. Boy is the apple of mom’s eye. Dad gives the boy semi-tough love and he grows up to be a big and strong. Could have been smart, too, but he didn’t give a shit about school, despite his parents’ best efforts

The boy loved football. He grew up to be a star running back in high school. Got scholarship to major college. Meets love of his life. Boy gets injured playing football. Loses his way. Does something stupid, gets kicked off team and out of school. Girl stands by him. Marries him despite his aimlessness. They have a baby girl.

Boy becomes man and gets off his ass to take care of his family. Man works bad job he hates to support family. They have second child, a boy. Man loves family, hates everything else about his life.

Man finally loses it at job, gets fired. Looks for new job but can’t find anything. Wife picks up second job. Man feels like he’s hit rock bottom. Man gets approached by secret agency for job to set family up for life. Man accepts.

Man gets double crossed by agency. He gets genetically enhanced and turned into a living weapon. Becomes their most dangerous creation. Man does horrible things under their control. He doesn’t want to but he can’t control himself. Man remembers every awful thing he does but hides things from family for months. Man then realizes he has to leave family to protect them. Man is devastated and lost. Continues to do horrible things for years.

Man eventually gets into fight with superhero. Superhero helps him break agency control. He turns on agency and helps superhero take it down. In gratitude, superhero lets man escape before authorities arrive. Man is finally free but is ashamed of what he’s done. Man finds family but is afraid to contact them. Keeps low profile until he has to protect family from rogue operative of defunct agency. Children welcome him back. Wife does not.

Superhero gets man in contact with people to help him start new life. Encourages man to use abilities for good to make up for wrongs he’s done. Man reaches out to billionaire to join superhero team.

You know. That old chestnut.

Now I guess we’ll find out if there’s a happily ever after.
Ken

Re: Slyce

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 pm This is the character I'm playing Jab's game, the Victory League. Check it out on Aisle 16!

SLYCE
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Weight: 220
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Base of Operations: Mega City
Team Affiliations: The Victory League
He's awesome!!!! But then again, I play in that game too.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Reopened! Thadd the Great, Slyce

Post by Goldar »

I had been pounding and pounding on the front doors. But no one answered. :x

So I went 'round back and slept in the hidden office. I also ate your cereal. (You did know there was a hidden office, right?). :o

J-Mart was totally empty. I thought I would get a jump on some upcoming goodies, but there was nothin' to see...totally dark, all closed down. :shock: So I left.

Glad the doors are now back open. I Hope the shelves are stocked.I want to go shopping.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Came back to J-Mart---but no one was there again.

So I went around to the back doors and took a nap in the hidden office. Hung out all week, but no one arrived. I got hungry so I ate all of your Pizza, steaks and cheesecakes!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:57 pm Came back to J-Mart---but no one was there again.

So I went around to the back doors and took a nap in the hidden office. Hung out all week, but no one arrived. I got hungry so I ate all of your Pizza, steaks and cheesecakes!
Help yourself. The store is open but the staff has been on pre-Spring break. :)
Thorpocalypse

Captain America PC (PL10)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our Earth-PC line as it gets dropped on Aisle 2!

All my life, I fought to become a symbol. A symbol of all the things that were right about this country. All the things I loved. And now, they're trying to turn that symbol into whatever's most convenient, whatever will best serve the political agenda of one side or another. I can hear them talking nonstop...the media. The press -- They don't understand. It was never about politics. It was never about me. It was about the country. But they can't hear that truth above their own voices. - Captain America

CAPTAIN AMERICA (STEVE ROGERS)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception (+4), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 1 (+2), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+11), Ranged Combat [Shield] 8 (+12), Stealth 2 (+7), Vehicles 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Shield), Improved Defense, Inspire (5), Languages (1) (German, Base: English), Leadership, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Super Soldier Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 9 pts
Star Spangled Shield: 19 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts); 11 pts
Shielding: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense), Impervious Toughness 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement); 17 pts
Shield Toss: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Ricochet 4, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Shield Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 8); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Chain Mail Costume: Protection 3; 3 pts
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 - Navigation System; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +12 [Shield Bash +8, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +4
Thrown Shield +12 [Shield Toss +8, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22]
Toughness +8 (+4 Impervious with Shield), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Red Skull, Grand Director, Hate Monger, Batroc The Leaper, among others.
Man out of Time: Steve still sometimes has problems coping in the new millennium.
Patriotism: Next to Uncle Sam, he's the closest thing to living embodiment of American Patriotism in the world.
Power Loss: If Cap misses his target badly, or an opponent catches his shield, etc. he will have to retrieve it, losing it’s powers and advantages.
Relationships: Sharon Carter, The Falcon, Iron Man, Thor, Bucky and Superman are among his closest friends. He is also close with the original Avengers and sometimes, Nick Fury.
Responsibility: He feels a strong sense of responsibility for his country and the superhero community at large.

Abilities 72 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 20 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: What else is there to say about Cap that hasn’t already been said?

That won’t stop me from saying at least a little something anyway, though. ;)

With all the anti-heroes and psychos running around the comic world, Cap still…works. Ed Brubaker had a lot to do with that, of course, keeping his book thrilling for years and of course, Chris Evans brilliant (not acting-wise overall, but the ethos) portrayal of him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe hasn’t hurt either. The Cap franchise could have gone either way, but above all of the Marvel flicks, I think they should be most proud of what they’ve done with him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed May 01, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: HOMECOMING...

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Lemme 'splain before I go too much further. So the HOMECOMING thing...

I was getting tired of all the different threads, especially as my motivation waned and some of the areas of the Thorpocamultiverse fell into disuse. So I'm bringing all the builds home to the original J-Mart. Again...before I change my mind again in a few months because that's how I roll. I don't roll inconsistently but I'm still rolling. ;)

Don't fret, it's not all reposts, I have some new stuff to mix in so look for a lot of activity the next week or two while the motivation and time are on my side.
Thorpocalypse

Batman PC (PL10)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this best-selling item here on Aisle 1!

I'm the goddamn Batman. - Batman

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (+16), Deception (+3), Expertise [Criminology] 1 (+9), Insight (+4), Intimidation 9 (+12) [Startle], Investigation 7 (+15) [Contacts], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 9 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 2 (+10) [Inventor], Treatment (+8), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (11), Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
The Batsuit: Protection 3; 3 pts
The Cape and Cowl: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 2 pts
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology), Concealable; 1 pt
Grapple Gun: (5 pts)
Grappling: Move Object 4 (Flaw: Limited to pulling towards); 4 pts
Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Utility Belt: (30 pts)
Bat Gadgets: Variable 1 (5 pts traits; Any tool or skill equipment, Free Action, Quirk [Limited to 2 equipment points or less]); 6 pts
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 18 pts
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Batarang: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 1 pt
Bat Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Mini-Tracers: Senses 1 (Tracking [Radio], 5 Mile range); 1 pt
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Resisted by Dodge; Extra: Attack, Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Vehicles: (14 pts)
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 8, Speed - 6, Def - -4, Tough - 10, Features 6 - Alarm 3 [DC30], Caltrops, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System, Remote Control, Smokescreen; 14 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +4
Throwing +12 [Batarangs +6, Critical 19-20; Bat Shuriken +1, Multiattack; Bat Bolo Ranged Grab +4]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Affliction +5, Burst Area; Tear Gas Affliction +5, Cloud Area; Thermite +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, Catwoman (sometimes) and a litany of others.
Flashbacks: Batman is sometimes stunned by traumatic flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered, especially in connection to Crime Alley, where the killings took place.
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents and the promise he made to rid Gotham of the evil that took their lives.
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Jason Todd, Commissioner Jim Gordon, Lucious Fox, Barbara Gordon, Zatanna, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman.
Responsibility: Batman sees Gotham as "his city" and protects it fiercely.
Rivalry: It’s more from Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan don’t see eye to eye often, either.
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne that he protects fiercely.

Abilities 78 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: The Batman is always really hard to fit into the PC format and still get his feel right. You pretty much have to decide what kind of Batman you want to make and just hint at the rest. I went with capping out his offense in melee and giving him high Investigation and decent Tech and called it good. He'd still be fun to play, he just wouldn't be the Bat God that we all know and love.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Batman: Earth-217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Base of Operations: Gotham City, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 11 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+15), Expertise [Criminology] 10 (+20), Expertise [Science] 5 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+15), Insight 9 (+16) [Assessment], Intimidation 9 (+16/+20) [Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy, Startle], Investigation 10 (+20) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy, Well-Informed], Perception 13 (+20), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected], Sleight of Hand 12 (+19) [Conceal Efforts, Hide Tampering], Stealth 14 (+19) [Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 5 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment (+10), Vehicles 5 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (6) (Status – Bat God, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Close Attack (2), Conceal Efforts*, Connected, Contacts, Deep Ties* (2) (Obsession, Responsibility), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (27), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Hide Tampering*, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (Japanese, French, Russian, Spanish, 6 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Inspiration) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (3) (Intimidation, Investigation, Stealth), Skill Supremacy* (2) (Intimidation, Investigation), Startle, Takedown (1), Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
The Batsuit: 20 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 16 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 2, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 3 pts
The Cowl: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks), Feature 1 (Batcomputer A.I.), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink (Communication 3 [Radio, Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Bat Family]); 15 pts
The Cape: Flight 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr, Flaw: Gliding, Uncontrolled); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(135 pts)
Grapple Gun: (5 pts)
Grappling: Move Object 4 (Flaw: Limited to pulling towards); 4 pts
Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 2 (Tools, Sleight of Hand/Technology), Concealable; 3 pts
Utility Belt: (35 pts)
Bat Gadgets: Variable 1 (5 pts traits; Any tool or skill equipment, Free Action, Quirk [Limited to 2 equipment points or less]); 6 pts
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 18 pts
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Batarang: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 2, Ricochet 2, Variable Descriptor (Bludgeoning, Slashing); 1 pt
Exploding Batarangs: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 6, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius), Flaw: Diminished Range (5/10/25), Unreliable (5 uses); 1 pt
Thermite: Burst Area Damage 9, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius), Triggered, Flaw: Unreliable (5 uses); 1 pt
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 4, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Resisted by Dodge; Extra: Attack, Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Mini-Tracers: Senses 1 (Tracking [Radio], 5 Mile range); 1 pt
Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Vehicles: (58 pts)
The Batplane: Size - H, Strength - 10, Flight - 11, Def - 8, Tough - 11, Features – Autopilot, Cloaking, Communications 2, Computer, Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Air-to-Air Missiles: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area 8 [30 ft radius], Homing 6); 55 pts
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 11, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Caltrops, Communications 2, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Impervious Toughness 5, Navigation System 2 [+10], Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen,; 1 pt
The Batboat: Size - L, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Communications, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5); 1 pt
The Batpod: Size - M, Strength - 2, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 9, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Communications, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5; 1 pt
Headquarters: (32 pts)
The Batcave/Wayne Manor: Size – H, Tough – 12, Features - Combat Simulator, Communications, Bat Computer 2 [+5 Intelligence Based Skill Checks], Concealed 3 [+20], Defense Systems, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System 4 [DC35], Workshop; 31 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Batarangs +6; Bat Shuriken +2, Multiattack; Exploding Batarangs +6, Burst Area]
Special Attack [Thermite +9, Burst Area; Bat Flash Bangs Affliction +6, Burst Area; Bat Tear Gas Affliction +6, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, Two-Face, Catwoman (sometimes) and a litany of others.
Flashbacks: Batman is sometimes stunned by traumatic flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered, especially in connection to Crime Alley, where the killings took place.
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents and the promise he made to rid Gotham of the evil that took their lives.
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Jason Todd, Commissioner Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Barbara Gordon, Zatanna, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman.
Rivalry: It’s more from Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan and Steve Rogers don’t see eye to eye often, either. But there is always respect.
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne that he protects fiercely.

Abilities 114 + Skills 67 (134 ranks) + Advantages 82 + Powers 16 + Defenses 13 = 292 / 292

Build Comments: This take on Bruce has him dropped a little bit in skill ranks and I tried to reign in some of his Advantages, but I kinda failed there. Still, he’s a lot more street level than my main version and some low level criminals en masse might have a chance at taking him out, however unlikely.

One of the areas I’m trying focus on limiting more in this setting is limiting Toughness ranks. Originally I thought that Jab was a bit stingy with that for his street level builds, but the more I test, the more I realize that he’s more in line than the DCA builds are. With a +5 toughness, you’re technically able to take, or avoid as much damage as a slightly above average person wearing core book plate mail. That’s pretty substantial. At +8 Toughness, this Batman can still take an ungodly amount of punishment from human/peak human foes.
Thorpocalypse

Batman - Earth FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out one of our all time best selling items for our Fighting Game aisle that's getting stocked on Aisle 1!

There are lines we don't cross. - Batman

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 6 (+13), Expertise [Criminology] 10 (+15), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 6 (+13/+17) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 10 (+20) [Well-Informed], Perception 9 (+16), Persuasion 4 (+11) [Connected], Sleight of Hand 8 (+15), Stealth 14 (+20) [Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 5 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment (+10), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (6) (Status – Bat God, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Close Attack (1), Combat Clarity (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Defensive Strike* (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (13), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Superman), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (Japanese, French, Russian, Spanish, 6 others, Base: English), Luck (Recover) (2), Power Attack (3) (Bat Shuriken, Caped Crusader Combo, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (9), Skill Mastery (2) (Intimidation, Stealth), Startle, Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Caped Crusader Combos: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 4 pts
The Batsuit: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 2, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 3 pts
The Cowl: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks), Feature 1 (Batcomputer A.I.), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision); 5 pts
The Cape: Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 1 pt

Utility Belt: 16 pts Traits, Removable (-3 pts); 13 pts
Weapon Array: 11 pt Array; 14 pts
Grapple Hook: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted by Parry; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extras: Extra Condition, Reach 5 [25 ft], Flaws: Limited to two degrees); 11 pts
Scatter Bombs: Ranged Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Flaw: Dimished Range [5/10/25], Inaccurate, Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Batarang: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 4 (Extra: Homing); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(65 pts)
Utility Belt: (7 pts)
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Vehicles: (58 pts)
The Batplane: Size - H, Strength - 10, Flight - 11, Def - 8, Tough - 11, Features – Autopilot, Cloaking, Communications 2, Computer, Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Air-to-Air Missiles: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area 8 [30 ft radius], Homing 6); 55 pts
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 11, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Caltrops, Communications 2, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Impervious Toughness 5, Navigation System 2 [+10], Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen,; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Caped Crusader Combo +6, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Grapple Hook Affliction +6]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +16 [Batarangs +4; Bat Shuriken +2, Multiattack]
Scatter Bombs +14 [Scatter Bombs Affliction +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, Two-Face, Catwoman (sometimes) and a litany of others.
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Jason Todd, Commissioner Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Barbara Gordon, Zatanna, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman.
Rivalry: It’s more from Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan don’t see eye to eye often, either.

Abilities 116 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 59 + Powers 22 + Defenses 12 = 257 / 257

Build Comments: Bruce performed well in my tests except for against Superman, but I’m still not 100% sure I have him where I want him. But then again, I never really do, I suppose. I did few rounds of him and the recently posted Fighting Game Supes and Clark laid the smack down. But the mini-tests against Diana and Sub-Zero were pretty even, so maybe it's just my Superman I need to adjust.

This Batman is not a lot different than my main Batman. I just eased up on some Skill ranks and Advantages that he would really only use in "cutscenes" that I probably will never get around to. For my Earth-FG builds, I'm trying to add just enough non-combat Skills and Advantages that allow the characters to feel at least a bit like their canon representations, but as expected in a Fighting Game universe, the focus in on the fightin' stuff.

Batman's Super Move is pretty fun, too. 8-)
Thorpocalypse

Edward Elric PC

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're dropping more PCs with this J-Mart Favorite item from our under served Anime line!

I always say, if you can't find a door: make one. - Edward Elric

EDWARD ELRIC
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [4], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 2 (+4/+6), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Alchemy] 12 (+16) [Ritualist, Ultimate Effort], Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Alchemy Array] 9 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1 [2]) (Status – State Alchemist, Use Expertise [Alchemy] for Ritualist), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Ritualist, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Expertise [Alchemy] Check)

POWERS:
Automail Limbs: 5 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pts); 4 pts
Automail Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited to right arm and left leg), Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Parry 2; 5 pts
Alchemic Transmutation: 40 pt Array; 45 pts
Transmutation: Transform 8 (Anything into anything else, 200 lb mass, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Flaw: Check Required [Expertise: Alchemy]); 40 pts
Transmuted Objects: Create 10 (Extra: Continuous, Movable, Precise, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Transmutation Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Alchemic Blast: Ranged Multiattack Damage 10 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 1 pt
Transmuted Weapons: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Reach, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing], Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Easily Removable [-2 pts]); 1 pt
Armblade: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Accurate, Dangerous, Defensive, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing], Quirk: Limited to usage with Automail Arm only); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
State Alchemist Watch: Benefit 1 (Status - State Alchemist); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Left Arm Unarmed +2; Right Arm Unarmed +4; Transmuted Weapons +7, Critical 19-20]
Automail Armblade +12 [Armblade +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Alchemy +10 [Alchemy Blast +10, Multiattack]; Alchemy Snare Affliction +10; Transmuted Objects Create +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Has only one real arm and leg without his Automail limbs.
Enemy: The Homonculi, Father/Dante, Scar (kinda)
Fame: The legend of the Full Metal Alchemist is becoming well known in Amestris.
Guilt: He has great guilt over what he did to himself and mainly Alphonse during the attempt to bring their mother back to life.
Inferiority Complex: He takes great offense to being called short, or the implication that he is short.
Obsession: Finding the Philosopher's Stone and restoring he and his brother's bodies.
Power Loss: He requires the use of his hands to use Alchemy so binding them, or removal of his automail arm renders him powerless.
Relationships: His brother Al, Winry Rockbell, Maes Hughes and his family, his mother's memory.
Rivalry: The "Other" Brothers Elric, Scar, Roy Mustang, Ling Bao.
Secret: He and Al do not want people to know about their attempt at human transmutation.
Temper: His temper (especially when he's called short) gets him into trouble sometimes.

Abilities 52 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 49 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: My first run at Edward Elric, The Full Metal Alchemist from the anime/manga of the same name. I’ve said before, but I reiterate that I am reformed anime hater, thanks to Kreuzritter and MnM 2E. See, back in the day, I really tried to watch DBZ because of my daughter and godson's love of it and I HATED it. My daughter also loved Sailor Moon so I tried to watch that with her. Still didn’t get it. Sorry, Jab...

Pretty much the whole late 90’s/early 2000’s run of anime I just didn’t get at first and honestly, I didn’t try that hard to give it a chance.

Then I saw Kreuz’s FMA builds in 2E years back and because of his explanations and urging to at least read the manga, I gave it a shot and lo and behold, now I am a fan of the genre. I now have a number of anime series under my belt, FMA, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop to name a few, so I am by no means an expert, but with those few shows, I am now a devoted anime fanboy. So I had to get Ed and Al (coming next) Elric, the main protagonists of FMA worked up.

I had a hard time fitting them into the PC format, but I felt like I got most of their abilities in these builds, especially Ed. I would have liked for him to be able to transmute more volume, but this is enough to give him a strong blast and Create and allows for some kickin' power stunting. I'll just go extra heavy with his NPC-ish builds at J-Mart and the Fight Club.
Thorpocalypse

Alphonse Elric PC

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Here's the companion piece to our last new item! It's a definite J-Mart Favorite item!

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth. - Alphonse Elric

ALPHONSE ELRIC
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA --, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+13), Deception (+2), Expertise [Alchemy] 10 (+12) [Ritualist], Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Alchemy] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Uses Expertise [Alchemy] for Ritualist), Defensive Roll (2), Interpose, Ritualist, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Armor Body: Immunity 31 (Fortitude Effects, Aging), Protection 10, Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2); 43 pts
Alchemic Transmutation: 29 pt Array; 32 pts
Alchemic Blast: Ranged Multiattack Damage 9 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 29 pts
Transmutation: Transform 7 (Anything into anything else, 100 lb mass, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Flaw: Check Required [Expertise: Alchemy], Distracting); 1 pt
Transmutated Objects: Create 7 (Extra: Continuous, Movable, Precise, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Transmutation Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +2
Alchemy +9 [Alchemic Blast +9, Multiattack]; Alchemy Snare Affliction +9; Transmuted Objects Create +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+10 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: With his soul bound to the armor, he no sense of touch, taste or smell.
Enemy: The Homonculi, Father/Dante, Scar (kinda).
Guilt: He has great guilt over what he and Ed did to themselves during the attempt to bring their mother back to life.
Motivation: Finding the Philosopher's Stone and restoring he and his brother's bodies.
Power Loss: He requires the use of his hands to use Alchemy so binding them, or leaving him without means to create a transmutation circle renders him powerless.
Relationships: His brother Ed, Winry Rockbell, Maes Hughes and his family, his mother's memory, various stray animals, May Chang.
Secret: He and Ed do not want people to know about their attempt at human transmutation.
Vulnerable His soul is bound to the armor with a blood seal on the inner neck of the armor. If it is rubbed completely off, he dies instantly.

Abilities 40 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 75 + Defenses 9 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Ed’s brother Al, from Full Metal Alchemist. The little kid's soul bound to a massive suit of armor, Al is the emotional center of the series, IMHO. He keeps the volatile Ed grounded and focused and Al’s people skills, despite his condition, are invaluable as they work to get their bodies back.

As a build, Al is a fine brick and almost as good Alchemy as Ed. I did give him the Distracting flaw on his transmutation since I envision him still needing to draw a transmutation circle at this point.