J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart: Overwatch - Reinhardt, Brigitte, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo

Post by Bladewind »

What about Create - Limited to Toughness for a Force Field?

A slight variant on Proportionate, could potentially power stunt to limited to strength to hold things off like a cave in or some such...
By descriptor, you couldn't take Precise or the like.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Overwatch - Reinhardt, Brigitte, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 am What about Create - Limited to Toughness for a Force Field?

A slight variant on Proportionate, could potentially power stunt to limited to strength to hold things off like a cave in or some such...
By descriptor, you couldn't take Precise or the like.
I like that although Proportionate is pretty close to what I was going for. I'll play around with it. How about this?
Barrier Field: Create 12 (Energy Shield; Extra: Selective, Tether, Flaw: Concentration, Diminished Range 3 [2/5/10], Proportional [4 ranks volume [30 cft]; 8 Toughness]); 9 pts
It's fairly limited in scope now with the Proportional flaw and I made it Concentration duration so he can't attack while he has it up.

I also see some things I did wrong on Reaper and Hanzo so it might be a while before I finish this first OW run as it's almost time for us to start the holiday visits. Plus I know Into The Spider Verse will get me back on a Spider kick, too...
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Reinhardt, Brigitte, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo

Post by Ken »

I thought Hanzo was known for his swords. As in you don't compare one Hanzo sword to another, you compare a Hanzo sword to every other sword that wasn't made by Hanzo.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 pm I thought Hanzo was known for his swords. As in you don't compare one Hanzo sword to another, you compare a Hanzo sword to every other sword that wasn't made by Hanzo.
Pretty sure you're thinking about the legendary smiths Sengo Muramasa or Goro Masamune
Ken

Post by Ken »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:40 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 pm I thought Hanzo was known for his swords. As in you don't compare one Hanzo sword to another, you compare a Hanzo sword to every other sword that wasn't made by Hanzo.
Pretty sure you're thinking about the legendary smiths Sengo Muramasa or Goro Masamune
Only if Quintin Tarintino was in "KIll Bill."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Tracer: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item for our Overwatch line hits the Aisle 9 shelves on this MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY here at J-Mart!

Cheers, love! The cavalry's here! - Tracer

TRACER
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-4
Weight: 110
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: London, England
Team Affiliations: Overwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10/+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception 6 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Secret Agent] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Guns] 8 (+13), Stealth 4 (+10), Vehicles 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Evasion (2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (2), Luck (Instant Counter) (2), Move-by Action, Redirect, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Chronal Accelerator Costume: 37 pts Traits, Removable (-7 pts); 30 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Quick Blinks: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 8 (Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 2 [Instant Counter], Move-by Action), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks); 16 pts
Blinks: Teleport 2 (120 ft; Extra: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout); 7 pts
Recall: Healing 10 (Extra: Linked [Teleport], Restorative, Self only), Teleport 2 (120 ft; Extra: Linked [Healing], Flaw: Limited to location from previous round); 12 pts
Pulse Weapon Array: 16 pt Array, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 11 pts
Pulse Bomb: Ranged Burst Area Force Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Triggered, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 16 pts
Pulse Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Force Energy Damage 4 (Extra: Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6 (+18 with Chronal Accelerator)
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +5
Guns +13 [Blasters +4, Multiattack]
Special Attacks [Pulse Bomb +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+14 with Chronal Accelerator) [DC20/24] Parry +10 (+12 with Chronal Accelerator) [DC20/22]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: She has a great enmity for Widowmaker.
Motivation: Lena wants to save the world an make it a better place for all.
Prejudice: She is in an open lesbian relationship and sadly, there's still people who are not OK with that.
Relationships: She is close to her girlfriend Emily and Winston who saved her from the timestream by inventing the Chronal Accelerator.
Responsibility: To Overwatch.
Vulnerable: If Tracer's chronal Accelerator core is damaged or rendered incapacitated, Tracer is prone to disappearing into the timestream, becoming insubstantial as well.

Abilities 62 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 42 + Defenses 13 = 148 / 148

Build Comments: Tracer is pretty much the face of Overwatch and a cute face it is. With her bubbly personality, she became a fan favorite and as usual in our opinionated, jaded world (always has been folks, don’t let the advent of social media fool you, it’s just easier for people to say stuff to the masses now) a fan hate target. But her powers are cool and she’s the one reason I might consider picking the game up.

I’m not sure I like this first run, but I think it’s a good start.

Secret Origins: Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer") was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch's experimental flight program. Known for her fearless piloting skills, she was handpicked to test the prototype of a teleporting fighter, the Slipstream. But during its first flight, the aircraft's teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.

She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain a physical form.

The Story so Far: Overwatch's doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer's case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston designed the chronal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.

Since Overwatch's dissolution, Tracer has continued to right wrongs and fight the good fight wherever the opportunity presents itself.

Characterization: The former Overwatch agent known as Tracer is a time-jumping adventurer and an irrepressible force for good. Tracer is a very energetic and cheeky woman, loving a good joke and giggling during battle. She's often quick-witted and displays great affection and even insight towards her friends, such as Winston and Mei. She is extremely fearless and determined, not being afraid to take chances and being enthusiastic about discovering new things and places.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Grendel: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Taking a break from the Overwatch line for a bit, check out this new item for our Villains Line!

An entirely different world to dominate and conquer. An all-new challenge for...Grendel! So then, let the games begin! - Grendel

GRENDEL (HUNTER ROSE)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 175
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Race: Human
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+11), Deception 9 (+13) [Daze], Expertise [Business] 2 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+13), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+10), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 6 (+14) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand (+6), Stealth 9 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+8), Treatment (+8), Vehicles (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (5) (Wealth, Status, Resources 5 – New York Crime Lord), Clean* (2), Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Favored Foe (Argent), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (French, Spanish, 8 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Devil’s Fork), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Startle, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Grendel Mask: Features 1 (Voice Distortion), Rebreather, Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 3 pts
Devil's Fork: (7 pts)
Fork Strike: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (5 ft); 6 pts
Fork Taser: Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3; Devil's Fork +6, Critical 18-20; Fork Taser Affliction +6] Ranged Attack +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Argent the Wolf.
Motivation: The thrill of challenge and seeing just what he can do.
Relationships: His adopted daughter, Stacy Palumbo.
Secret Identity: In his non-crime boss/assassin persona, he is Hunter Rose, international best selling author and former fencing champion.

Abilities 98 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 40 + Powers 0 + Defenses 14 = 191 / 191

Build Comments: Grendel for my main seetting. For those not familiar with Grendel SHAME ON YOU! Matt Wagner’s take on Hunter Rose and the subsequent Grendels is AWESOME. Great writing that makes you intrigued by the villainous Rose, but not sympathetic to him, which is a rare treat. In short, Hunter Rose was a child prodigy genius who became a world class fencer and eventually became a world famous author. He basically got bored and decided to become Grendel, who started out an assassin for the mob, but after killing pretty much all the capos, he took over as boss of the New York underworld. He became the target of the police, but mostly Argent the Wolf, a cursed man who was trying to atone for his own heinous deeds as the wolf. I won’t say how it ends, but their final confrontation is fantastic.

Even after he eventually dies, the Grendel legacy is carried on by his adopted daughter’s daughter, then by others and the Grendel continues into the future and Wagner also created the Grendel line of the past so expect more versions of Grendel in the years to come at J-Mart I as I collect more of those books. The Grendel cyborg is coming soon since I read some of him in his crossover battle with Batman, who Wagner also draws and writes very, very well.

As a build, Grendel is built for stealth and to be close to a Kingpin level mob boss, with wealth and strong interaction skills. When I tested Kreuz’s version against one of my Batman builds in 2E, I thought Kreuz captured him well and borrowed a lot from that.

Secret Origins: Not much is known about the life of Hunter Rose before he returned to America. His name is not known, only that as a child he went by "Eddie". Eddie was of exceptional brilliance, later to be discovered that the source may have been a rare genetic mutation allowing him to use an abnormally high percentage of his brainpower. Eddie was bored and alone. School, sports, and most other endeavors did not provide adequate challenge. To say that Eddie excelled at everything he tried his hand at would be an understatement. Eddie found that he was quite fond of solo sports, particularly fencing. He went to the world fencing championship in England and easily won first place. It was there that he met Jocasta Rose, a trainer for the English team. The two quickly fell in love, and Jackie took on the role of a mentor as well as a lover to Eddie.

The profoundness of Jackie's influence became even more evident after her death. Eddie returned to America, adopting the name and lifestyle of bestselling author Hunter Rose. He also listened closely and secretly to the inner workings of the city's criminal underworld. Adopting the masked and identity of the assassin Grendel, Rose easily impressed mob bosses and was hired as a personal assassin.

The Story so Far: Armed with a staff with a forked blade, Grendel Rose to the top of his organization, becoming his former boss's leader. Income soared under Rose's leadership. Rose struck fear into the hearts of criminals in his and other organizations, still killing when it suited his purposes. His business continued to expand, and he caught the eye more and more of Argent the Wolf.

After the death of business associate Barry Palumbo, Rose adopted Palumbo's adopted niece, Stacy Palumbo. Rose and Argent both adored young Stacy, and this allowed Rose to keep closer tabs on Argent, now Grendel's arch-nemesis, leading to the carefully planned public humiliation of Argent in front of the affluent, the media, and particularly young Stacy. Stacy's relationship with Argent waned, the young girl no longer looking at him as the same after Argent's humiliation, until they no longer spoke. Despite Rose's best efforts this had the unintended consequence of Stacy changing, becoming more sad. Argent became more ferocious than before, and continued to pit the wealth of his rage against his hated enemy Grendel.

At some point, Rose felt like he was being followed, and eventually met a supernatural Dire-Imp who claimed to have been watching him for his whole life. Not only that, it said that it had been influencing Rose, shaping him to become the malicious man he grew up to be. This makes it sound like this Imp may in fact be Grendel, although it should be noted Imps are notorious liars.

Despite these setback, Grendel’s empire continues to thrive as he is now one of the top criminal bosses on the East Coast, which has caught the attention of several heroes in addition to Argent as well rival mobsters like The Kingpin. Grendel has been careful in New York and Gotham because of the number of superheroes but never being one to back down from a challenge, he plans to change that.

Characterization: Hunter Rose possesses above genius level intelligence, due to a genetic mutation which allowed him to use a greater than normal percentage of his brain. He possesses what he describes as almost total recall. When he was four, he had memorized the phone book for several counties; at six, he could quote every line of Shakespeare; at eight, he had written numerous plays, short stories, and novels. He was described as having no trouble learning anything he tried, whether it was fencing, crime, or writing: whatever he decided to undertake, he could almost immediately do at a world-class level. He beat the world's best fencers at fourteen; he became a top-level hitman and criminal at seventeen; he became master of all crime on the east coast of the U.S. only a few years later.

Brilliant, charismatic, and frightening, as Grendel he is also a skilled leader. His level of perfection at everything he does is so high that he is completely stunned when he makes a misspelling, or misses with one of three simultaneously-thrown darts.

Friends and Foes: His greatest rival is the werewolf Argent. The two have had many battles and seemed destined to do so until one can kill the other. He also has many rivals on the East Coast for gang supremacy, including The Kingpin, The Shredder and others.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This run of builds is a reminder that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT! Check out this new item for Aisle 1!

Just once I'd like to see something where cyborgs aren't the enemy. Cybermen, Cylons and Borg, oh my. Do you have any idea what that kind of negative representation can do to your self-esteem? - Cyborg

CYBORG
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 385
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Cyborg
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: San Francisco, CA, USA
Team Affiliations: The Teen Titans; The Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+15), Deception (+5), Expertise [Computers] 2 (+5/+15) [Well-Informed], Expertise [Science] (+3/+11), Insight (+4), Intimidation 3 (+8), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 1 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Weapon Systems] 5 (+6/+12), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+5/+13)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Uses Expertise: Computers for Investigation), Close Attack (2), Diehard, Eidetic Memory], Improved Aim, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Sensor Array: Senses 11 (Analytical Vision, Analytical Hearing, Darkvision, Extended Vision, Extended Hearing, Infravision, Radio, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision); 11 pts
Combat Systems: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 2 (Ranged Combat [Weapon Systems] 6 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Improved Aim, Precise Attack 2 [Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment]); 10 pts
Computer Enhanced Mind: Quickness 3 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks only]), Enhanced Skills 13 (Expertise [Computers] 10 ranks, Expertise [Science]) 8 ranks, Technology 8 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 4 (Beginner's Luck, Benefit [Uses Expertise: Computers for Investigation], Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed); 18 pts
Linked to All Computers (Even the Batcomputer...): Comprehend 2 (Understand, Understood by Machines), Communication 4 (Radio, Worldwide); 20 pts
Cyborg Body: Enhanced Strength 7, Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 9 (All Enivornmental Conditions, Disease, Poison, Suffocation); 36 pts
Self-Repair Systems: Enhanced Stamina 5, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Diehard), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 13 pts
Father Box Tech: 79 pt Array; 81 pts
Boom Tube: Teleport 16 (250 miles/64,000 miles; Extra: Extended, Portal, Quirk: About 1 out of every 1000 ports, he and anyone traveling with him gets sent to Apokolips); 79 pts
Interstellar Transport: Burst Area Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system], Extras: Affects Others, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Instantaneous [occurs instantly each time used], Selective, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Boot Jets: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr); 1 pt

Weapons Systems: 24 pt Array; 28 pts
Finger Lasers: Ranged Multiattack Laser Damage 8; 24 pts
White Sound Generator: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Sonic; Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hearing Impaired, 2nd: Hearing Disabled, 3rd: Hearing Unaware, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Limited to one sense [Auditory]); 1 pt
White Sound Blast: Ranged Sonic Damage 10; 1 pt
Snare Cables: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Cables; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to 2 Degrees]); 1 pt
Missiles: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +3
Weapon Systems +10 [White Sound Blast +10; Finger Lasers +8, Multiattack; Snare Cables Affliction +8], Special Attack [White Sound Affliction +10, Cone Area; Missiles +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: He and his father remain on distant terms.
The Hero Rebuilt: Victor Stone’s body has been rebuilt nearly from scratch several times, and echoes of those traumas still haunt him.
Insecurity: Particularly when it comes to his relationships, Cyborg is quietly unsure if others see him as a man or as a machine.
Man and Machine: While his human side is a part of Victor’s strength, it is also an element of his construction that is occasionally vulnerable.
Vulnerable: His Molybdenum body parts are vulnerable to magnetic attacks.

Abilities 60 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 217 + Defenses 8 = 298 / 298

Build Comments: As a black kid growing up reading Marv Wolfman’s Teen Titans run, I was a huge Victor Stone fan (actually, I was more of a Beast Boy fan because I could empathize with his goofiness) so I am glad he’s getting some major props in the new Justice League book. Granted, I’m sure he was an equality hire, but I think he was the best option since even though J’onn’s telepath role is important, they did always seem light on tech, even with Bruce.

Victor’s new Father Box based Cyborg body is FAR more expensive than his classic version. Granted, I pumped him up a bit to be one of the top level heroes in my setting, but just adding that Boom Tube power added a ton of points. I also added more skills to him to make him truly connected to all computers on the planet (even the Batcomputer, as he mentioned to Batman in JL#9).

Secret Origins: Vic Stone was the son of a pair of scientists who worked at S.T.A.R. Labs. Early on, they decided to use him as a test subject for various intelligence enhancement projects. However, Victor grew to resent this treatment and fell in with a young miscreant named Ron Evers who led him into trouble with the law. This was the beginning of a struggle where Victor strove for his own life engaging in pursuits his parents disapproved of such as athletics. In addition, Victor still kept bad company that led him into incidents such as when he was talked into participating in a street gang fight in which he was wounded. For the most part however, Victor still had a largely normal life under the circumstances and he also refused to follow his best friend's grandiose plans of racially motivated terrorism.

When Victor was a sophomore in high school, his mother was killed during at incident at the Labs. Shaken by the events, Vic Stone eventually settled a bit and became a star wide receiver for his high school football team the Ford Titans. He developed an interest in super human activities but became more focused on going to college, earning a football scholarship, and hoping his father would come to his games.

Vic and his father grew distant, with his father missing several games. Victor finally ventured to S.T.A.R Labs to confront him. Silas told his son that given the current state of metahumans starting to show up around the planet, Vic's love for football is going to become irrelevant at some point. Discouraged, Victor began to leave when everything took a tragic turn, as a Father Box unit that they were investigating sprang to life and opened a Boom Tube. Victor and several scientists are fatally injured or killed by the boom tube energy.

Not intending to lose his son the same way he lost his wife, Silas outfitted Vic with experimental bionics that had been reverse engineered from alien technology found around the globe. With aid from T.O. Morrow and Sarah Charles, Vic's life is saved and the energies from the Father Box are incorporated into his new form as Cyborg. This allowed Victor to access the vast New Gods data library and discover Darkseid's true invasion plans. After aiding the Justice League in sending Darkseid back where he came from, Cyborg was asked to join the Justice League.

The Story so Far: After he helped The League defeat Darkseid, he declined their offer and tried to resume a semi-normal life. After things did go as hoped, he ended up joining the Teen Titans. Initially it was for the benefit of a support group of kindred spirits and freaks, as he called them, but has remained with that group off and on ever since. In addition, Victor found new friends who saw past his disfigurements to his own nobility such as a group of children who were adjusting to their own prostheses and idolized Victor with his fancy parts and exciting adventures as well as their beautiful therapist who took a shine to him herself.

Throughout his association with the Titans, Victor has been destroyed, reconstructed, assimilated by an alien race, and had his humanity restored. He later went on to mentor a new Teen Titans group, consisting mainly of sidekicks, most of whom have taken over the secret identities of former members (i.e. Tim Drake, the third Robin, instead of Dick Grayson, the original Robin and Titans leader), as well as stalwarts such as Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy, where they have fought enemies such as Deathstroke, Doctor Light, The Titans of Tomorrow and Superboy and Indigo during a team up with the Outsiders.

Characterization: Victor was initially angry and resentful young man, but over time has come to grips with what he is and has become one of the most respected heroes in the superhero community.

Friends and Foes: He is best friends with Beast Boy and close to Donna Troy, Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Wally West, Koriand’r and others. He and his father remain distant as Victor feels that Silas is primarily concerned with Victor's mechanics rather than his humanity.
Thorpocalypse

Beast Boy

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL is yet another reminder that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!

I mean, it's these outfits...painted on like we're naked. Everybody can see it all--butt...'nads...junk... Why can't I battle evil in a pair of baggy Levi's...? This is the stuff that keeps me up at night... - Beast Boy

BEAST BOY
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 150
Eyes: Green
Hair: Green
Skin: Green
Race: Human Mutate
Team Affiliations: The Teen Titans; The Doom Patrol

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 5 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Beast Modes: Variable 10 (50 pts Traits; Animal Forms, Extra: Move Action, Flaw: Limited to animal forms/powers, Quirk: All forms retain his green skin color); 69 pts

Sample Traits:
Rhino: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass, Reach [5 ft]), Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]), Protection 3, Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Flaw: Limited to when charging), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/Rhino form); 30 pts
Gorilla: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]), Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Extended, Acute]), Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 6 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 5 (Close Attack [5]), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/Gorilla form); 45 pts
Hawk: Shrinking 8 (-2 Str, +4 Dodge/Parry, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, Speed -2 [1/2 mph/6 fpr], -2 Mass), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Low-Light Vision), Flight 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr; Flaw: Winged), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when airborne), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Favored Environment [Flying], Move-by Action), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Close Attack [2]), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/Hawk form); 42 pts
Fly: Shrinking 20 (-5 Str, +10 Dodge/Parry, +20 Stealth, -10 Intimidation, Speed -5, -5 Mass; Quirk: Limited to +17 Stealth), Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr, Flaw: Winged), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/Fly form); 50 pts
Tyrannosaurus Rex: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1 (4 mph/60 fpr), +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft]), Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended 2]), Protection 4, Impervious 4, Speed 2 (8 [16] mph/120 [250] fpr), Piercing Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Dangerous), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/X-Rex form); 48 pts
Cheetah: Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Ranged], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultra-Hearing), Speed 5 (60 mph/900 ft pr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Climb/Balance Checks), Enhanced Skills 2 (Stealth 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to grasslands/heavy undergrowth), Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 6, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Close Attack [4]), Morph 2 (Beast Boy/Fly form); 39 pts
Snake:

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Goofy: Beast Boy is a hopeless goofball, always upbeat and cracking jokes, oftentimes in inappropriate situations.
Relationships: Gar was a member of the Doom Patrol and is still close to the surviving members, especially Robotman. He is also close to several of his Titans teammates, but none more so than Cyborg. The two have been like brothers practically since day one.
Relationships: Beast Boy's greatest love with the traitorous Terra and her death was extremely hard on him. He then fell for Raven, even though they were together for a while, her daddy issues caused their relationship to end. He still carries torches for both.

Abilities 40 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 69 + Defenses 10 = 136 / 136

Build Comments: As a kid reading the Teen Titans, Beast Boy was one of my favorites. Then the Teen Titans cartoon started and he really became a favorite. Now with Teen Titans GO (which some people just HATE, and I can see why but I love the goofiness of it) he’s totally a fave, yo. Again, he and Cyborg’s bromance has always been awesome, but the new show has taken it to a whole new level of awesome. That’s what’s up!

Secret Origins: As a child, Garfield Logan contracted with a rare illness called Sakutia and was cured by a serum from a green monkey. This serum had the unintended effect of turning his skin and hair green and gave him the ability to change into any animal form.

The Story so Far: Originally and currently known as Beast Boy, he was adopted by Elasti-Girl and Mento, members of the Doom Patrol. He later joined the West Coast team of the Teen Titans (known as Titans West), and was part of the New Teen Titans assembled by Raven. It was at this time that he took the name Changeling. He remained with various incarnations of the team, forming a close friendship with Cyborg.

He later began using the name Beast Boy again. Following a failed attempt to recreate "Titans West" as "Titans L.A.," he rejoined the main team.

He has also worked as an actor, playing the role of the alien Tork in the TV series Space Trek: 2022. The series was abruptly canceled when it was sued for plagiarizing from other science fiction shows.

Characterization: Whatever team he is part of, he likes to joke around with people and make jokes of the situations the team get themselves into. However, this is only a facade. In reality, Beast Boy is a boy who has suffered many hardships in his life (both his real parents have passed away, and then his foster mother, whom Garfield became very close to, died in battle along with virtually all of the other Doom Patrol members. He was also part of the team. Also, his foster father was driven mad by a helmet he used to fight enemies). He also has lost many teammates and fell in love with Terra (a member of the Teen Titans) and was heartbroken to discover that she was a traitor working for Deathstroke and hated the Teen Titans with a passion. Even after her death, he refused to believe for a long time that she was a traitor and blamed Deathstroke for corrupting her and using her. As a result of all of this, he uses his jokes to cover the fact that he is scared of losing anyone else he is close to. Despite all of his hardships though, Garfield is friendly, goofy and upbeat.

Friends and Foes: His best friend is Cyborg. He is also close with Bette "Flamebird" Kane, a former Titan who helped save his life on an adventure in Los Angeles. He has had romantic relationships with Terra Markov and Raven but is currently a free agent, ladies.
Spectrum

Re: Tracer

Post by Spectrum »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:59 pm Tracer is a very energetic and cheeky woman, loving a good joke and giggling during battle.
I had never considered a Tracer/ Harley Quinn until this comment.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Thorpocalypse

Raven

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got even more new items that prove THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT as we add another new item to Aisle 1!

I've never felt comfortable around anyone. Even myself. - Raven

RAVEN
PL10

Height: 5-9
Weight: 130
Eyes: Blue
Race: Human-Demon Hybrid
Team Affiliations: The Teen Titans; The White Council

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics (+0), Deception (+1), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+15) [Ritualist], Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 6 (+7/+11) [Daze], Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magic] 5 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Trigon), Favored Foe (Children of Trigon), Improved Defense, Languages (3) (Latin, German, French, Sumerian, Arcane, 5 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ritualist, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check)

POWERS:
Empathy: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental], Acute Ranged); 3 pts
Levitation: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 ft pr); 10 pts
Soul Self Incarnate: Feature 1 (Appear as a giant, Raven-like shadow), Insubstantial 3 (Psychic Energy, Flaw: Activation [Move action]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Daze [Intimidation], Move-by Action); 18 pts
Empathic Magic Array: 47 pt Array; 56 pts
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 22 (16,000 miles; Astral travel, All Senses; Extra: Dimensional 2 (Magic Dimensions), Flaw: Feedback, Limited [Physical body is Incapacitated], Noticeable [Raven-shaped Shadow]); 47 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 12 (Extra: Damaging, Precise); 1 pt
Mystic Objects: Create 12 (Extra: Selective); 1 pt
Soul Self Shield: Enhanced Dodge 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense); 1 pt
Personal Dreamscape: Ranged Illusion 10 (Psychic, All Senses; Extra: Insidious, Precise, Flaw: Limited to One Subject, Reduced Range, Resistible [Will]); 1 pt
Mass Soul Jump: Burst Area Teleport 7 (120 miles; Extra: Accurate, Attack, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Change Velocity, Extended, Selective, Flaw: Limited to Extended); 1 pt
Dimensional Shift: Burst Area Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2 [Magical Dimensions], Extra: Attack, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius] Selective); 1 pt
Soul Jump: Teleport 7 (1/2 mile/125 miles; Extra: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Extended, Portal, Turnabout); 1 pt
Azarath Metrion Zinthos! Variable 6 (30 pts Traits, Mystic Descriptor, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +3
Magic +8 [Telekinesis Move Object +12; Mystic Objects Create +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+16 with Soul Self Shield) [DC18/26] Parry +8 (+16 with Soul Self Shield) [DC18/26]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +10 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Raven tries to keep control of her emotions at all times, rarely showing emotion unless during extreme situations, making her come off as aloof.
Daddy Issues: Her father is Trigon, the demonic ruler of several dimensions. He wants her to follow in his footsteps. She wants a different path. Despite their differing views and many battles, both seem to still love the other in some way.
Dark Side: If not kept in check, Raven's demonic side can take over, leading to catastrophic consequences for her allies.
Motivation: Raven's goal is to use her powers for good and try to undo the legacy of her father.
Plot Device: Raven has power greater than even she knows and when unlocked, she can become a force nearly as powerful as her father.
Power Loss: Raven's powers are entirely tied to her emotions, becoming more powerful and more unstable with the intensity of the emotions fueling them.
Relationships: She is close to her Titans teammates, Dick Grayson, Wally West, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg. Her feelings for Beast Boy often drift into romantic territory.
Rivalry: Trigon has children scattered across many dimensions and most of them are often in conflict with one another.

Abilities 44 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 86 + Defenses 18 = 181 / 181

Build Comments: You know, I was never a big Raven fan in the comics but she’s got a pretty strong following for some reason. I always thought she was whiny and a pretty one-note character, even if she was really the first Goth Girl in comics.

Now animated Teen Titans Raven rocks. Sardonic and properly gothed out, her sarcasm and FAR more defined powers make her easier for me to deal with. Especially in the Teen Titans GO episodes where they play on her Pretty Pretty Pegasus love, which is hysterical. So I built her as a mix of animated and comic Raven’s powerset and general background because that’s the Raven I want in the Thorpocaverse.

Secret Origins: A dark, moody character, Raven is the half-breed daughter of a human mother named Angela Roth (also known as Arella) and the demon overlord Emperor Trigon. Raven was born and raised in the pacifistic reality called Azarath by the Azarathian monks, after her mother ran away from home, which was possibly in Gotham City, and joined a cult (possibly the Church of Blood), where she was raped by Trigon. In Azarath, Raven was taught to "control her emotions" in order to suppress and control her inherited demonic powers.

Eventually she learned that Trigon was planning to come to her dimension and vowed to stop him. She initially approached the Justice League, but they refused her on the advice of Zatanna who sensed her demonic parentage. In desperation, she reformed the Titans as the New Teen Titans to fight her father.

The Story so Far: The team was eventually able to defeat Trigon and seal him in an inter-dimensional prison. However, Raven still had to fight her father's influence, as he was not completely destroyed. More than once, Raven nearly lost control in various high stress situations in her adventures and barely regained it before Trigon could reassert himself.

Trigon eventually escaped, came to Earth and took control of Raven. Azarath was destroyed in the process. The Titans came together and killed Raven. This allowed the souls of Azarath to possess her and use her as a channel to kill Trigon. Afterward, Raven was presumed dead, but she actually rose from ashes of the battle, finally purged of Trigon's evil. She vanished, and her mother went looking for her.

Raven was then captured by Brother Blood's minions to control Nightwing as part of Brother Blood's resurrection. The Titans rescued them both and prevented Brother Blood from returning.

She been a member of several incarnations of the Titans over the years and remains vigilant of her father’s eventual return and his influence within her that will be with her always.

Characterization: With a shadowy past and eerie powers, Raven wants to be good, but she's desperately afraid of the darkness within her. Raven's telekinetic powers allow her to move objects with her mind. She constantly has to deal with Trigon's influence and the fact that her powers are based on emotion, so she tends to be the most emotionless of the Titans. Feeling just about any emotion too strongly can be bad for everyone.

However, she still shows some emotion like frustration and happiness. She typically prefers to be alone, but will still spend time with the rest of the Titans. She is perhaps the most level-headed of the group, as she is rarely shown freaking out or showing any "extreme" emotions unless provoked.

She appears to be the most mature Titan. She's very smart, selfless, and responsible. And she is also considerate to her friends when they need help and is honest even though she comes across as harsh she never has harsh intentions (most of the time).

She generally dislikes things that are considered "girly," but considers Pretty Pretty Pegasus a sort of guilty pleasure. At first, she didn't seem to want the other Titans to know about her being a fan of the show, but she has apparently gotten over this, as she is seen watching it in front of them.

Friends and Foes: Raven is close to her Titans teammates, despite her outward show of indifference. She has shown strong romantic feelings for Beast Boy on several occasions, but she has difficulties expressing them. She has come close expressing her true feelings for Beast Boy on a few occasions, but generally keeps them to herself. Despite this, the two seem to share a close, sometimes flirtatious relationship.
Thorpocalypse

Starfire

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You know THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT when we're able to stock new merchandise like this one!

On Tamaran we appreciate the past. We respect it. But we don't live there. We live here. Now. In the moment. - Starfire

STARFIRE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 160
Eyes: Red
Hair: Green
Skin: Orange
Race: Tamaranian
Team Affiliations: The Teen Titans; The Outsiders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+12), Deception (+2/+4) [Attractive], Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+7), Expertise [Tamarian Lore] 7 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+2), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Stealth (+4), Technology 5 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Status – Princess of Tamaran), Close Attack (1), Languages (1) (English, Interlac, Base: Tamarian), Power Attack (3) (Starbolt Barrage, Starbolt Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Tamaranian Physiology: Protection 2, Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Suffocation [Breathing in Space]); 9 pts
Language Absorption: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All languages, Flaw: Limited [Requires physical contact with speaker]); 2 pts
Flight: Flight 10 (2,000 mph/4 mpr; Flaw: Noticeable [Glowing Trail From Hair); 19 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 4 pts
Starbolt Array: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Starbolt Blast: Ranged Solar Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
Starbolt Burst: Burst Solar Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Starbolt Barrage: Ranged Multiattack Solar Energy Damage 8; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +8 [Starbolt Blast +12; Starbolts Barrage +8, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Starbolt Burst +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+10 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: Being from Tamaran, she sometimes has trouble adjusting to life on Earth and its customs.
Enemy: The Gordanians, several Titans villains including Brother Blood, Deathstroke and Trigon.
Power Loss: If she is unable to absorb sunlight for significant period of time, her powers fade and STR and STA can drop to 3.
Relationships: She has unresolved feelings for Dick Grayson and she is close to her Titans teammates, Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Wally West and Raven.
Rivalry: With Blackfire, her sister. This sometimes moves into Enemy territory, depending on Komand'r's mental state at the time.
Temper: Despite her jovial nature, she is well known for her fiery temper which gets her into trouble sometimes (even leading to her rumbling with Wonder Woman).

Abilities 76 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 60 + Defenses 12 = 177 / 177

Build Comments: Kory is an interesting character to me because she’s gone through such ups and downs in the DCU depending on the writers’ whim. She was a breakout character in Wolfman’s Teen Titans run, mainly, I think, because of the fan service aspects but along the way, she got some pretty decent writing for the “hot girl from another world” angle she was given. But other writers have pretty much totally used her as fan service. She seems to bounce from supporting role to supporting role but I think she could carry a book if it’s done right.

A lot of people HATE her incarnation in Teen Titans and Teen Titans GO but I think she’s vastly improved. You can’t have her as a hot tempered sexpot in a kid’s show, so they route they took of the naïve anime-ish happy girl is a fun take and it makes her moments of badassery all the more impactful.

As a build, I built her to be a step below the true powerhouse females of the DCU but more powerful than most of her Titans era compadres outside of Donna Troy, who I statted stronger. Her strength is hard to nail down but I figured about the 25 ton range is good and it stills leaves her enough cap room to be very accurate. They always made a big deal about her training with the Warlords of Okaara, so I wanted to take advantage of that.

Secret Origins: Koriand'r, Starfire's given name, is a princess of the planet Tamaran in the Vegan system, and was in line to rule the planet as Queen. Komand'r, her older sister who is also known as Blackfire, developed a bitter rivalry with her after suffering a disease in infancy that robbed her of the ability to harness solar energy to allow her to fly, and by extension, her right to the throne. This rivalry continued and intensified when the siblings were sent for warrior training with the Warlords of Okaara. Things came to a head during a sparring exercise in which Komand'r attempted to kill her sister. As a result, Komand'r was expelled and she swore vengeance.

That revenge came in a plot where Komand'r betrayed her planet by supplying detailed information about Tamaran's defenses to their enemies, the Citadel. They conquered Tamaran with ease, and the surrender conditions included the enslavement of Koriand'r, who was never permitted to return, since that would mean the Citadel would devastate the planet for abrogating the treaty. To Kory's horror, she learned that Komand'r was her master; Koriand'r's older sister made the most of her sibling's years of horrific servitude. When Koriand'r killed one of her captors, Komand'r decided to execute her as punishment, but the sisters were attacked and captured by the Psions. Psions, a group of sadistic alien scientists, performed a deadly experiment on both sisters to see how much energy their Tamaranean bodies could absorb before exploding from the overload. During the procedure, Komand'r's forces attacked the Psion ship to retrieve her. While the Psions were distracted, Koriand'r broke free using her starbolts which were a result of the experimentation. Against her better judgment, she decided to free Komand'r, who was still absorbing energy. However, far from grateful, Komand'r struck her sister down with the same, but more intense, power, and had her restrained for later execution.

Koriand'r escaped by stealing a spacecraft to flee to the nearest planet, Earth, where she met the first Robin, Dick Grayson and his compatriots; she joined them in forming the New Teen Titans.

The Story so Far: She became a charter member of this team and remained a member for years, being involved any many adventures with the team. She has been a member of the team off and on during several of its incarnations.

Characterization: Starfire is shown to be very beautiful, even in the generally very attractive world of superheroes. Despite her beauty, Starfire is joyous, naive, and somewhat insecure, but her naivete is not to be mistaken for stupidity. An alien and an outsider, she is still rather new to Earth and its customs. She takes friendship very seriously, and is easily distressed when others, especially her friends, argue or fight. Starfire is particularly indignant to the point of snubbing her teammates when she believes they do not care for her friendship or company. She is arguably the most social of the Titans, As a Tamaranean, she has alien physiology which includes a long purple tongue and nine stomachs, (probably for storing food during meager times). She also seems to resemble some Japanese girls, inheriting similar eyebrows and very shiny hair.

Presumably because English is not her first language, Starfire speaks without contractions, and misuses idioms (e.g. "Kick the butt!" as opposed to "Kick butt!" or "The mall of shopping" instead of "shopping mall" as well as "lobstery" instead of "crabby"). Additionally, she uses several Tamaranean nouns, such as "bumgorf" (term of endearment towards one's own child), "K'norfka" (parent or guardian), "clorbag valblernelk" (insulting term), "G'lufnog" (bless you; said after one sneezes), and "shlorvak" (dream).

Friends and Foes: Starfire is very close to her original Titans teammates, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven and Robin, and has forged several relationships with other members of the Titans and in the superhero community as a whole.

Her greatest rival is her sister Blackfire, who continues to plot against her despite Starfire’s many attempts at reconciliation.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Cyborg

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:46 am This run of builds is a reminder that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT! Check out this new item for Aisle 1!

Just once I'd like to see something where cyborgs aren't the enemy. Cybermen, Cylons and Borg, oh my. Do you have any idea what that kind of negative representation can do to your self-esteem? - Cyborg

CYBORG
PL10

Height: 6-6
Weight: 385
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Cyborg
Team Affiliations: The Teen Titans; The Justice League
While it is nice to see Vic on the big screen, I have to say I'm against him being in the Justice League. He'll always be a Titan to me, it's where he actually got legitimate character development, it was where he found a home and friends, its where all of his actual, genuine connections are.

It's especially funny since all of the Live Action appearances he's had refuse to put him with the Titans. He was with the pseudo-Justice League in Smallville, the actual Justice League in . . . Justice League, and now when there's a Titans live-action series, they put him on the Doom Patrol.

I understand that the most iconic members of the Justice League happened during a time when there weren't a lot of black heroes, I understand that Vic is probably DC's most high profile black hero thanks to the exposure of the Teen Titans cartoon, I get that there's a president with his appearance on that old Super Powers cartoon, and I get that the Avengers films make them want to have an Iron Man on their team, even though guys like Batman, the Atom, the Hawks (when they were aliens), J'onn and Barry Allen generally handled the tech side of things just fine.

To me, Vic is a Titan the same way Ben Grimm is a member of the Fantastic Four: it's just his home. And I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Vic having New Genesis technology in him, as it feels like it was done to explain why he's powerful enough to join the League. Instead of being the pinnacle of Earth technology, having a variety of self-built weapons and abilities, and showcasing Vic's own intelligence as he learns to not only maintain his own systems, but improve them, Vic is now just that good because of alien technology. He's connected to every computer on the planet, he can open Boom Tubes, and he's got weapon systems straight out of New Genesis. At that point, he's basically the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle on steroids.

So yeah, maybe I'm biased, but I'll always prefer Vic as a Titan.

To me, if I was going to add a non-white member to the League, it wouldn't be Vic. One thing I'd do is have the Green Lantern spot on the League essentially be open to whichever GL is on Earth at the time, since I like Hal, John, Kyle and Guy equally (I'm admittedly not as familiar with Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz). Basically, the League can use whatever Lantern the writer wants for the character interaction they want.

My pick would actually be Vixen, especially if you go with the idea that the animal totems she accesses to aren't simply "I have the strength of an actual gorilla or the speed of an actual cheetah", but those totems are essentially magical icons of the essence of those animals and she gains the supernatural equivalent of them. Going with a cheetah gives her near-Flash level speed, but also claws, sharper senses and some mild strength and durability boosts. Going with a monkey basically gives her Spider-Man-style speed, agility, strength and climbing. Going with a Panther gives her a general strength/speed/agility/durability/senses/claws boost geared more towards agility and speed, while a tiger might do the same but with a focus on strength and durability. A Gorilla makes her more like this Aquaman style of strong, fast and agile. An elephant or a rhino give her enough power to send Wonder Woman or Superman flying. As an electric eel, she can send out zaps that Black Lightning would find impressive.

Basically, she'd be the League's version of Ultra-Boy, having a wide variety of powers to choose from, but limited to certain strengths with each form, making her the ultimate team player hero. She picks up the slack for whatever the team is lacking, reinforces whatever they need at the time, and has some unique powers such as tracking and the like. She adds a more human "down to Earth" personality, she has an actual history with the League, her powerset is very flexible and rewards creativity, etc.

Admittedly, part of it is because Vixen strikes a very "Kamen Rider" vibe to me with all of the form shifting, but she's honestly someone who would be one of my "Red Guardian" characters to get a solid push if I were doing the League.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Horsenhero

Re: J-Mart: Tracer, Grendel, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire

Post by Horsenhero »

You know, I was watching Scott Pilgrim the other day and it occurred to me...Starfire has Vegan super-powers. Stay away from the gelatto girl!
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart: Tracer, Grendel, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire

Post by Woodclaw »

I'm mostly with Ares about Cyborg. It felt kind of wrong that he got a push to the big league (pun intended), while the rest of his old comrades are there still playing the "kid heroes". In many ways Vic was integral to the Titans in the same way J'onn is to the League or Hawkeye to the Avengers, they are character that work best in a team environment and have become specific in that role. In Cyborg's case doubly so because he was the brain behind Titans Tower and pretty much any other significant technological upgrade of the team.

Granted in the New 52 redesign of the teams it made sense to move Cyborg away from the Titans, given that they were turned into a nomadic team, without a fixed base, but still...

I'm probably biased in my vision due to the atrocity that was the Justice League movie, where the entire plot was half an attempt to validate Cyborg's presence among the big ones and half a terrible showcase that the world without Superman is automatically fucked.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)