J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Bantam: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for some new additions to our JOB SQUAD! Check this one out on Aisle 2!

Sadly, he's only the second most jobbery character in Marvel with a chicken motif.

BANTAM
PL7

OPL: 7; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-5
Weight: 119
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Miami, FL, USA
Team Affiliations: Black Talon's Gang

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Boxing] 5 (+5), Insight (+0), Intimidation 3 (+3), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Spanish)

POWERS:
Enhanced Physique: Enhanced Strength 3 (12 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting), Impervious Toughness 5, Leaping 1 (15 ft); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +7 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Temper: Roberto has a fierce temper that gets him into trouble.

Abilities 48 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 9 + Defenses 7 = 75 / 75

Build Comments: Bantam is one of the great jobbers in Marvel. He needs to get beat up in the Thorpocaverse soon, I think.

Secret Origins: Roberto Velasquez was a talented young boxer training in Puerto Rico whose future as a professional was uncertain due to his meager size and weight, prompting Velasquez to accept an offer from Miami crime boss Armando Aviles to undergo an experimental physical augmentation treatment. Unknown to Velasquez, Aviles was in league with the Power Broker, a Los Angeles-based criminal organizer who used the strength augmentation process developed by criminal research scientist Dr. Karl Malus to create an army of super-powered henchmen.

The Story so Far: In his first match after receiving the treatment, Velasquez inadvertently killed his opponent and went into hiding, refusing to join Aviles' gang. After his friend was killed by Hammerhead, an augmented boxer working for Aviles, Velasquez, as "the Battling Bantam", joined forces with Captain America to raid Power Broker, Inc.'s Miami Base and defeat Hammerhead.

Bantam later split his time between super heroics and training other boxers at Trini's Gymnasium in San Juan (knowing that he was too powerful to ever step into the ring himself).

Needing money to fund his gym, he has turned back to criminal activities from time to time, but he hopes one day to go completely straight.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Gamecock: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our JOB SQUAD Line gets a charter member with this new item for Aisle 2!

Now THIS is the top jobber with a chicken motif in Marvel!

GAMECOCK
PL7

OPL: 7; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 169
Race: Human
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New Orleans, LA, USA

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+11), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+3), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Talons), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Gamecock Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Talons: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Split; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Talons +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money, power and respect.
Reputation: He…um…wears a chicken outfit and calls himself GAMECOCK…that doesn't help your rep.

Abilities 52 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 0 + Defenses 9 = 83 / 83

Build Comments: When Jab first built him in 2E, I had to bow to his amazing jobberness. I mean, there are some loser villains out there, but when you combine his poor performances with that ridiculous costume AND that name, I don’t think there’s ever been a greater example of the jobber villain. He's awesomely bad.

Secret Origins: Nothing is known about Carlos Cabrera’s background other than his choice to become a supervillain.

The Story so Far: In Gamecock's first appearance, he was hired by Mr. Morgan to find Falcon. While scouring the rooftops his gang met up with Captain America as Nomad. Thinking that Gamecock injured Falcon, Captain America attacked them. The fight was stopped when a man fired a bazooka at their rooftop.

Gamecock turns up years later when he paid "his woman" a visit. The police got called in when things got out of a hand. Gamecock threatened to kill her if the cops didn't back off. Asp, protecting Captain America and Diamondback's date, shot Gamecock with a venom blast knocking him out. The police then quickly arrested him.

Red Skull hires a Scourge to kill Gamecock, but he somehow got away. Red Skull then killed the Scourge for his failure.

Gamecock went to Madripoor to participate in the Bloodsport competition. In the first round he was to fight Puma but he “chickened” out and escaped to parts unknown.

Rumor has it that he is back in the US and looking to improve his reputation with a big score.

Characterization: Gamecock is actually pretty competent fighter with an acrobatic style that allows him to take full advantage of his speed and talons. He is quite intelligent, he just seems to have bad fashion sense and a naiveté about his moniker.

Friends and Foes: He still has some loyal members of his gang that work for him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Black Talon: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time to complete the Trifecta of chicken themed jobbers from Marvel with this new item for our JOB SQUAD that is also a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL!

Nice try to look more bad ass BT, but we know how you really roll...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

BLACK TALON
PL7

OPL: 7; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 240
Race: Human
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New Orleans, LA, USA

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+8), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+13) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Language of the Loa, 1 other, Base: English), Ritualist

POWERS:
Lord of the Zombies: Summon Zombies 2 (30 pt minions; Extras: Horde, General Type [Undead], Mental Link, Multiple Minions 5 [32 Minions], Flaw: Limited [requires corpses in vicinity]); 29 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Spellcasting Components: Features 2 (Various pouches with different herbs, items and spellcasting paraphernalia); 2 pts
Clawed Gloves: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1, Split; 2 pts
Bone Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Clawed Gloves +3; Knife +3, Critical 19-20; Bone Club +4]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Brother Voodoo.
Motivation: He wants power as a voodoo priest and cult leader.
Reputation: That chicken hat does him no favors in regards to credibility as a villain when it's time to throw down…

Abilities 52 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 29 + Defenses 12 = 126 / 126

Build Comments: Black Talon is a long time Marvel jobber who started out as a foe of Brother Voodoo. He was originally distinctive for his chicken themed outfit, which cause no end of fun being made of him, especially by Deadpool when they crossed paths. Be that as it may, he was a decent jobber cult villain. Well, not really, but I am trying to show respect for the jobbers here, ANYWAY in Marvel Zombies, he got the makeover noted in the main pic as a gang leader/cocaine dealer who eventually helped use his magical powers to end the zombie reign so it least he got a little love from the writers there. Generally, his powers have always been zombie creation and control but he can pull off the occasional big deal with Ritualist and Artificer, which he could use to create that necklace that he controlled She-Hulk with back when they rumbled.

Secret Origins: The second Black Talon, Samuel Barone, is a professional criminal and cult leader, like the original.

The Story so Far: He resurrected Wonder Man as a zombie at the behest of the Grim Reaper and sent him to denounce the Avengers when they were presenting a new lineup and accuse the Vision of stealing his mind. When the heroes tracked Wonder Man to Black Talon, he battled the Avengers himself, and was defeated when the Scarlet Witch banished the demon Damballah Talon had summoned to aid him. He then joined the second Lethal Legion. With the Grim Reaper and Nekra, he battled the Vision and Scarlet Witch. Under the Grim Reaper's orders, he attempted a recreation of "Simon Williams" as a zombie. With the Man-Ape, Black Talon deserted the Lethal Legion during a battle with the West Coast Avengers.

Nekra learned the Black Talon's voodoo rites, and she later used them on two occasions to resurrect the Grim Reaper as a zombie.

When battling She-Hulk, Black Talon formed X-Humed from four dead mutants (Changeling, Scaleface, Living Diamond and Harry Leland), but was unable to control all of them at once; Changeling was able to break his hold long enough for She-Hulk to triumph.

The Black Talon also fought Deadpool, who viciously mocked him for his chicken costume.

Black Talon technically retired from supervillainy, instead becoming a secretive cocaine producer, selling to the Hood. But he has since returned to his supervillain ways, with a desire to prove himself to the superhero community as a real threat.

And here are some Zombie minions for him to use.
ZOMBIE
PL3

OPL: 3; DPL: 2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Fast Grab, Improved Hold

POWERS:
Undead Body: Protection 4; 4 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Zombie Grab: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Flaw: Limited to when two or more zombies are attacking the same opponent); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack -1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +4, Fortitude Immune, Will +0

COMPLICATIONS:
Slow: Zombies can only move at Speed rank -1 (1 mph/15 fpr).
Vulnerable: Zombies are vulnerable to radiant damage.

Abilities -26 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 40 + Defenses 1 = 17 / 17
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
scc

Re: J-Mart: Annihilus, The Annihilation Wave, Midnight's Fire, Bantam

Post by scc »

Holy Jobbers Batman!! Always great to see Gamecock. And I never heard of Bantam. But now I must know everything about him!
Spam

Post by Spam »

Three chicken themed losers in a row? I challenge you to make it four straight! What a sweet jobbery treat that would be...

Would love to see a Serpent Society type group. Maybe the Chicken Cooperative?
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Annihilus, The Annihilation Wave, Midnight's Fire, Bantam. Gamecock, Black Talon

Post by Jabroniville »

It's always a great pleasure to see someone else with a firm grip on the Gamecock, Thorp!

Wait a minute...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spam wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:52 am Three chicken themed losers in a row? I challenge you to make it four straight! What a sweet jobbery treat that would be...

The Cock Collective.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Annihilus, The Annihilation Wave, Midnight's Fire, Bantam. Gamecock, Black Talon

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:54 am It's always a great pleasure to see someone else with a firm grip on the Gamecock, Thorp!

Wait a minute...
LOL!

Don't fret, that's one area I mastered years ago. :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Spam wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:52 am Three chicken themed losers in a row? I challenge you to make it four straight! What a sweet jobbery treat that would be...

If there's a fourth, challenge accepted! Heck, I may make one up just to keep this going!
Devastation Bob

Post by Devastation Bob »

The Coop Troop
Cock a Doodle Duo (if just two of them team up)
the Free-Rangers
scc

Post by scc »

How about 'The Cockfighters'!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Team vehicle: the Shuttlecock.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 am

The Cock Collective.
The Chicken Coop-erative.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Does Beak qualify as a fourth? Or is he too much 'oh god what the hell is that, burn it with fire!'?

Edit: Jab recently did Bird-man, but he could qualify.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spam

Post by Spam »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 am

If there's a fourth, challenge accepted! Heck, I may make one up just to keep this going!
Just to let you know, Bird Boy is NOT an acceptable fourth member. That would make me cry.