J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Playtest, Superboy, Kon-El, Daken, Donna Troy

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 pm Herodotus actually has it that the Amazons and Scythians are separate tribes and that they would raid each other for slaves to mate with.
I must have crossed my references then.
NOW STOP THAT THIS INSTANT!

I already warned you all on Jab's thread about the math and now you come here spreading your...your...history!!! And I could have sworn Yojimbo and Ares threw out some facts, too!!! FACTS!!! On my beautiful thread of heat vision, talking tree aliens, an angry green giant that was created when a man survived the equivalent of an atomic bomb being dropped on him and a normal human dressed in a bat suit that gets knocked unconscious at least 12 times a year for 75 years and shows no signs of brain damage!!!

So help me Thor if I learn something, there will be Hela to pay, people... :evil:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Gamebook wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm In Kingdom Come it's mentioned that Diana's sword is magical and 'can carve the electrons off an atom', and all the other depictions seem to make it clear that any sword she carries is magic.
Sure, but Kingdom Come was also an Elseworld, it was one of the first real manor depictions of Diana with a sword, and the fact that she was using a sword was actually suppose to be a sign of Diana's growing irrationality, anger and inner turmoil. Even though it was one of the only instances where they actually justify the epic-ness of the sword she has, it was also suppose to show that her having one was not a good thing.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:15 am
Gamebook wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm In Kingdom Come it's mentioned that Diana's sword is magical and 'can carve the electrons off an atom', and all the other depictions seem to make it clear that any sword she carries is magic.
Sure, but Kingdom Come was also an Elseworld, it was one of the first real manor depictions of Diana with a sword, and the fact that she was using a sword was actually suppose to be a sign of Diana's growing irrationality, anger and inner turmoil. Even though it was one of the only instances where they actually justify the epic-ness of the sword she has, it was also suppose to show that her having one was not a good thing.
B-b-but swords are cool.

Yeah. Sorry. I agree with you. You have your facts down pat.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 am
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 pm Herodotus actually has it that the Amazons and Scythians are separate tribes and that they would raid each other for slaves to mate with.

I already warned you all on Jab's thread about the math and now you come here spreading your...your...history!!! And I could have sworn Yojimbo and Ares threw out some facts, too!!! FACTS!!! On my beautiful thread of heat vision, talking tree aliens, an angry green giant that was created when a man survived the equivalent of an atomic bomb being dropped on him and a normal human dressed in a bat suit that gets knocked unconscious at least 12 times a year for 75 years and shows no signs of brain damage!!!

So help me Thor if I learn something, there will be Hela to pay, people... :evil:
Surely this can be remedied by some safe, reliable amnesia caused by blunt force trauma?
Thorpocalypse

Re: 41 - Omega Red

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Omega Red started out so good and then...well...we can hope someone figures out how to use him right again.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 am We've got a RED LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

I saved you for last, Wolverine... you killed me. A proper Russian would return the favor. - Omega Red

OMEGA RED
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-11
Weight: 425
Eyes: Red
Hair: Blonde
Skin: White
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: KGB; Weapon X

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+13), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+9), Expertise [Military] 7 (+9), Insight (+3), Intimidation 10 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 3 (+5) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages (1) (Japanese, English, Base: Russian), Power Attack (2) (Tentacles, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1), Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Carbonadium Tentacles: Elongation 2 (30 ft), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Chokehold, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break), Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Grab-based); 10 pts
Healing Factor: Protection 2, Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 7 pts
Death Factor: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Linked [Healing], Flaw: Grab-based, Sustained), Healing 10 (Extra: Linked [Affliction] Flaw: Limited to self, Limited to success of Affliction]); 15 pts
Lethal Pheromones: Cloud Area Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area x2 [30 ft radius], Flaw: Sense Dependent [Scent], Sustained); 24 pts
Omega Red Armor: 11 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9; 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +8; Carbonadium Coils +10; Death Factor Affliction +10]
Ranged Attack +7
Special Attack [Lethal Pheromones Affliction +8, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +20 [DC20]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Wolverine, Sabretooth, Maverick/Agent Zero.
Obsession: Locating the Carbonadium Synthesizer.
Weakness: Without the Carbonadium Synthesizer to stabilize his Death Factor, he has to continue to drain people's lifeforce to survive. After two days without draining life, consider Omega Red's strength and stamina impaired. After 3 days, his strength and stamina are disabled. After 4 days his strength and stamina become debilitated. After a week without feeding, Omega Red's condition become dying.

Abilities 80 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 65 + Defenses 13 = 199 / 199

Build Comments: I always loved Omega Red. His appearance, style and background made him a very interesting character to me, but after his initial appearance or two, the writing for him didn’t really advance. I liked him in one of his latest incarnations as a rising Russian Mafia boss, so that’s the role he has here in the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Arkady Gregorivich Rossovich was known to be a cruel and violent man who served with the USSR’s Spetsnaz in early 1960’s. Rossovich had a secret hobby: raping young girls whenever the opportunity presented itself. However his crimes were eventually discovered, which lead to his supposed execution. Surviving a fatal gunshot to the head thanks to his newly-discovered mutant abilities, Rossovich was court-martialed and forced into USSR’s own Super Soldier Project after the potential of his abilities was noticed. Rossovich underwent years of experimental torture and enhancements that not only turned his skin chalk-white, but transformed into a deadly cyborg who soon took the name Omega Red.

The Story so Far: He needed the material known as Carbonadium Synthesizer (C-Synth) to help stabilize his condition, so that the implants he gained didn't turn against him. However, his quest for C-Synth was foiled when Wolverine, Maverick, and Sabretooth took the C-Synth and hid it where Omega Red would never be able to obtain it.

Even the lack C-Synth didn’t stop the USSR using their new Super Soldier as a new operative for the KGB. The lack of the C-Synth took a different effect on Omega Red, who was forced into a form of vampirism to sustain himself. Betrayed by his own government, Omega Red later escaped custody and hid in Europe where he began committing several murders. He soon gained the attention of both Sean Cassidy (Banshee) and Eric Lehnsherr (Magneto), and was captured after being shot by Cassidy, who was seeking revenge for the death of his associate Magrite Deveraux. Returned to USSR authorities, they concealed Omega Red’s crimes and kept him in suspended animation because of his inability control his death spores.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, Omega Red was revived by Matsu'o Tsurayaba, the leader of a renegade ninja clan known as The Hand, Omega Red then joined The Hand as a warrior serving under Tsurayaba. Around this time he was told that Wolverine knew the location of the Carbonadium Synthesizer. His attempt to get the device from Wolverine led him into conflict with the X-Men several times. His confrontations with the X-Men almost invariably resulted in failure and defeat for Omega Red. Though he occasionally bested Wolverine and various other X-men, his victories were always short lived. His loyalty to The Hand, like his loyalty to the Soviet government, eventually faltered, and he left the organization. He later worked for Neo- Communist groups and the Russian gangster Ivan Pushkin.

Omega Red later became a crime lord, posing as a legitimate businessman to disguise his true work. He remained consumed by his quest to find the Carbonadium Synthesizer. He eventually located Agent Zero, who allegedly to knew the device's location. This led Omega Red to a confrontation with Wolverine, who eventually bested him and placed him in SHIELD custody.

As of late, Rossovich has continued to build his criminal empire, becoming one of, if not THE top Russian mob bosses on the East Coast.

Characterization: Trained in the Russian military and the KGB, Omega Red is an experienced fighter, strategist, and an experienced armed and unarmed fighter. Aside from his criminal history as a brutal murderer, Omega Red is a successful and feared criminal leader.

Friends and Foes: Omega Red has a great rivalry with Wolverine and Sabretooth.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 42 - Bronze Tiger

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Bronze Tiger is one of my favorite DC martial artists. I didn't like his whole turning into an actual tiger thing in the New 52, but Rebirth seems to have set him right.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:02 am We've got a new item for Aisle 1!

You know who I am? So, you know there's only two ways for you if you stay. Hospital or the morgue.

IF you stay. - Bronze Tiger

BRONZE TIGER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 240
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: Suicide Squad; The Outsiders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+16), Deception (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9/+11), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+10) [Tracking], Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 5 (+11), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Mandarin, Base: English), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (2), Tracking, Weapon Break

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Tiger Mask: Feature 1 (+2 to Intimidation Checks); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The League of Assassins
Motivation: Proving his martial arts skills and atoning for his misdeeds in his younger days
Relationships: He remains close to his on-again, off-again girlfriend Vixen and is close to Richard Dragon, Shang-Chi and Iron Fist
Reputation: Feared martial artist and one of the few to actually defeat Batman one on one
Temper: While he has learned to control it for the most part, he has a fierce temper and violent streak that is second to none

Abilities 82 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 0 + Defenses 10 = 139 / 139

Build Comments: Despite how much I like the DCA build, of course I had to do my own take on Ben since he is a fave and even though I dig him a lot and he is a great martial artist, I thought his DCA build overpowered him in several areas. I never saw him as a 5 Intellect, but maybe I didn't read enough about him. Anyway, I re-did him for my setting and I think he’s a lot more in line with the way I have things set up for my martial artists.

Secret Origins: Ben Turner comes from an upper middle class black neighborhood in Central City. When he was only 10 years old, he saw a burglar attacking his parents, and he proceeded to murder the man with a kitchen knife. In an effort to control the rage inside him, Turner turns to martial arts (and eventually, crime). After some time, Turner decides to travel to the Far East in order to finally come to terms with his demons.

The Story so Far: Turner became a student of the O-Sensei, a legendary martial arts instructor in Japan. O-Sensei took a second student named Richard Dragon, and Ben became close friends with Richard. Their lessons included combat, history, philosophy, and science. When their training was finished, O-Sensei sent them to find their destiny. The League of Assassins saw Ben as a person they needed to recruit. When Ben refused to join them they kidnapped him forcing him to wear a Bronze Tiger mask. When he wore the mask he was no longer in control of himself. The league had him do their tasks which generally focused on killing those the league pointed him at. The Bronze Tiger beat Batman in a hand to hand fight. Batman then took every step necessary to fight the Tiger but it was a draw. During this time it appears that Cassandra Cain was trained by Ben to be a fighter. King Faraday and Nightshade would eventually attack the League of Assassins hideout in hopes of bringing Ben in. Though they suffered some damages they did catch him. From this event Ben was introduced to Amanda Waller and though he tried to get past her, she wouldn’t allow him, eventually he realized she was right for his redemption would start.

Ben appeared in the Suicide Squad from its start to initial finish. Ben befriended Rick Flag and they did much together. The squad series ended with Ben fighting himself in the jungle which he defeats his younger self and is freed from the curse, as well as from Amanda Waller’s squad. Ben had a relationship with Vixen during his time on the squad.

After learning of the death of his close friend, Rick Flag, Ben retired for a while and ran a dojo. He later learned that Rick Flag was alive. Bronze Tiger went to his prison and broke him out. Later Amanda paids a visit to his dojo and got both Flag and him to go on a mission. The mission turns bad but Tiger and Flag both escape with their lives. Ben returned to semi-retirement but still finds himself involved in adventures from time to time.

Characterization: Ben is stoic and regretful about his criminal past, looking to atone with his work as a hero and with the Suicide Squad.

Friends and Foes: Ben is good friends with Rick Flag and one of the few people that Amanda Waller trusts. He and Richard Dragon continue to have a complicated relationship. He also has unresolved feelings for Vixen. And he maintains a strong rivalry with Lady Shiva.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Superboy, Kon-El, Daken, Donna Troy, Omega Red, Bronze Tiger

Post by Ares »

Ben's interesting in that he started out as an "ethnic sidekick" during the kung fu craze o the 70's, but has since to go on to become far more popular and well known than the guy he hung out with. Actually, the same is true of Shiva, as both her and Ben are far more well known than Richard Dragon these days.

Regardless, I do like that Ben is legitimately one of the top martial artists in the world, and is one of the few people in the world who has faced Batman twice, has a solid win the first time and a fight to a draw the second time. As far as I know, Bruce has never managed to just straight up beat Ben in hand-to-hand combat. Even the Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon (which featured a hilariously super-competent Batman) acknowledged that, and made it clear that Bruce would have to break out his utility belt to even the odds against Ben.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Richard Dragon would stay largely in the background and be more of a teacher while Ben is basically the Shang Chi of the DC Universe. I've got to say, part of me wouldn't mind Ben actually getting a shot at contributing to a legitimate superhero team and show off his worth there, though he's an iconic Suicide Squad member as one of the few who is actually a decent person (albeit with a LOT of personal demons).

Hell, it's amazing that Ben hasn't made it into the Injustice games.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 44 - Nightcrawler

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm going to do a bigger X-Verse run soon, but here's Kurt to replace the last of my PC builds that I've moved.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:52 pm We've got another item from our X-Verse line hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

I dare say...I was born for this. Raise the flag, X-Men. And let's go be amazing. - Nightcrawler

NIGHTCRAWLER
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 8; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 161
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Blue
Skin: Blue
Race: Mutant
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Westchester County, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; Outsiders; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 9, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+18) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 8 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 4 (+13), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Languages (1) (English, Latin, Base: German), Move-by Action, Set-Up (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Teamwork, Weapon Bind

POWERS:
Shadow Blending: Concealment 2 (Visual, Flaw: Blending, Limited [to Shadows]); 1 pt
Wall Crawling: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [Normal Speed]); 4 pts
Night Vision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Mutant Physique: Extra Limbs 1 (Prehensile Tail), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 3 pts
BAMF!: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Bamfing: Teleport 9 (2 Miles; Extras: Turnabout, Increased Mass 3 [400 lbs]); 22 pts
Rapid Attack Bamfs: Burst Area Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Sickening Bamfs: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Grab-based, Inaccurate); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Twin Rapiers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous 2, Split; 7 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Twin Rapiers +6, Critical 19-20]
Sickening Bamf +10 [Sickening Bamf Affliction +8]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Rapid Attack +4, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Kurt is a very religious man and tries to live his life in a Christian manner.
Monstrous Appearance: Kurt's demonic appearance can be unsettling for people and make it difficult for him blend into normal society.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He is close to Colossus, Wolverine and Storm, is Rogue's half-brother and has a complicated relationship with his mother, Mystique, as well as with his half-brothers Kiwi Black and Abyss.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.

Abilities 72 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 34 + Defenses 14 = 163 / 163

Build Comments: This take on Kurt was really easy. He goes to PL9 with a couple of attacks and defenses and pretty much everything else was set because I was pretty happy with my last review of him. I need to test him or another teleporter because I haven’t used the power much at all in either 2E or 3E but from what I have seen, it's not as bad to GM as I thought initially.

Secret Origins: Kurt Wagner was born with certain unusual physical characteristics, but his power of self-teleportation did not emerge until puberty. Margali Szardos, a sorceress and gypsy queen, allegedly found Kurt an hour after his birth, in a small roadside shelter in the Black Forest with his father lying dead on the road outside. However, this claim was later called into question, and it was subsequently proven that Kurt's mother is Mystique, also known as Raven Darkholme, and his father is the demonic warlord Azazel. Mystique revealed that she threw him into a well after a large mob found out about Nightcrawler's existence, and Azazel admitted that he secretly saved his son from the fall, giving him to his lover and crony, Margali Szardos, to raise him. Margali took the baby to the small Bavarian circus where she worked as a fortuneteller, as a cover for her activities as a sorceress. Wagner was never legally adopted by anyone, but was raised by all the members of the circus, who had no prejudices against mutants. Margali acted as Kurt's unofficial foster mother.

Kurt grew up happily in the circus, and his two closest friends were Margali's natural children, Stefan and Jimaine. Long before his teleportation power emerged, Wagner had tremendous natural agility, and by his adolescence he had become the circus' star acrobat and aerial artist. Circus audiences assumed that he was a normal-looking human wearing a devil-like costume.

Years later, the Texas millionaire Arnos Jardine, who ran a large circus based in Florida, heard of the circus for which Wagner works and bought it. Jardine intended to move its best acts into his American circus; however, he demands that Wagner be placed in the circus' freak show. Jardine drugs him to prevent escape but a young mutant child with the ability to sense other mutants helps Kurt escape. Appalled, Wagner leaves and makes his way toward Winzeldorf, Germany, where his foster brother Stefan is. He discovers that Stefan has gone mad and had brutally slain several children. When they were younger, Stefan made Kurt promise to kill him if he ever took an innocent life. Two nights after leaving the circus, Wagner finds Stefan and fights him, hoping to stop his rampage. In the course of the struggle, Stefan is killed.

The villagers of Winzeldorf, who assume from Kurt's appearance that he is the one who killed the children, attack. They are about to kill him when they are all psychically paralyzed by Professor Charles Xavier, who came to recruit Wagner into the X-Men. Before they leave for America, he and Xavier go to the Bavarian circus to explain to Margali about Stefan's death, but Margali was gone.

The Story so Far: Known as Nightcrawler, Wagner becomes a member of the X-Men. Jimaine holds Wagner responsible for murdering Stefan, and creates a facsimile of the hell from Dante's Inferno in which to punish him years later. Through the use of Doctor Strange's all-seeing Eye of Agamotto, she learns the truth, and she and Wagner are reconciled. Wagner is happily reunited with his foster sister Jimaine, who now lives in the United States and had changed her name to Amanda Sefton, later becoming Kurt's girlfriend.

While he recovers from injuries sustained during a Sentinel attack, his fellow X-Men are apparently killed on a mission in Dallas. Not long after, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat leave to join Captain Britain in an adventure in the UK. They fought Gatecrasher's group of inter-dimensional mercenaries known as the Technet. The heroes work together so well, they decide to form a group they name Excalibur. Captain Britain originally assumes leadership of the group, but Nightcrawler gradually takes the responsibility. While Captain Britain and Meggan's relationship goes through a rocky time Nightcrawler becomes interested in Meggan, a feeling that is reciprocated but never consummated. During his time with Excalibur, he takes charge of the Technet, renaming them his 'N-Men', and he becomes romantically involved with his teammate Cerise before she leaves to stand trial for the Shi'ar. Later, his former girlfriend, Amanda Sefton, joins the team and the two continue their previous relationship. She leaves the team to take control of Limbo, a task that keeps her away from Earth, but the two remain close friends. Fearing it would be stolen from her, Amanda magically hides the Soulsword inside Nightcrawler's body.

For a time, Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler express some resentment over the X-Men's failing to contact them after their supposed deaths. Following the wedding of Captain Britain and Meggan, Excalibur disbands and Nightcrawler returns to the X-Men with Shadowcat and Colossus. Yet, as soon as they return, they face a group of impostors following Cerebro, in the guise of Professor X.

Wanting to devote more time to priesthood, Nightcrawler shares team leadership with Archangel. He has also met his half-brothers Nils Styger, alias Abyss, and Kiwi Black. With them, Nightcrawler defeated his father Azazel, who had tried to use him as a pawn in escaping his prison.

Afterwards, Professor X recruited him, along with Darwin, Havok, Marvel Girl, Warpath, and Polaris, to participate in a space mission to stop Vulcan from laying waste to the Shi'ar empire. During the battle with Vulcan, Nightcrawler helps get the injured Professor X and Darwin back to their spaceship. While there, trying to save Professor X, Lilandra sent the ship on its way back to Earth, leaving half the team behind.

When the first mutant since M-Day appears, Cyclops sends Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Angel, Storm, and Colossus to find former Acolytes for information on the Marauders. It was predicted by Blindfold that Kurt would be seriously injured in the upcoming events and indeed this came true when he was shot by the Marauder, Scalphunter. Kurt seems to have nearly fully recovered from his injuries since he, along with Beast, the entire New X-Men team are teleported to Muir Island by Pixie. He takes part in the final battle.

Nightcrawler briefly believes that he no longer has a role with the X-Men, especially due to Pixie's abilities in teleporting. A trip back to Germany renews his conviction through an encounter with a boy cursed by gypsies into demonic form, a brush with Mephisto, and a romantic fling before he returns to San Francisco to aid the X-Men against a foe they struggled with, lacking his help.

After several adventures with the team, Nightcrawler flies with Wolverine and the rest of the team to Westchester when Cable and Hope are detected there. When Nightcrawler finds out about X-Force's lethal methods that have been kept from the rest of the X-Men, he argues with Cyclops. Later, Rogue and Nightcrawler fight an enhanced version of Bastion. When Bastion tries to kill Hope, Nightcrawler teleports to her aid, but Bastion detects Nightcrawler's mutant powers activating and extends his arm into the space in which Nightcrawler will materialize. Nightcrawler rematerializes around Bastion's arm, fusing with it, and is mortally wounded. With Nightcrawler's last breath, he teleports the girl to Utopia. As he dies upon their arrival on the island, Nightcrawler tells Hope that he "believes in her." Bastion reboots its system shortly after, with a three-fingered appearance.

Despite his death, Nightcrawler continues to aid his friends. When Wolverine is possessed by a demon, Nightcrawler enters his friend's mind to help him drive out the invader, although the other X-Men who entered Logan's mind to help him assume that Nightcrawler was just a manifestation of Wolverine's mind rather than the real one.

In Heaven, despite enjoying paradise, Nightcrawler continues to feel as though he had unfinished business, remaining on the periphery rather than actually joining the heavenly choir. When Azazel mounts an attack on Heaven using his connection to Kurt as a door, the other X-Men are able to create a portal to Heaven via the power of the Bamfs, strange creatures that resembled miniature versions of Nightcrawler, allowing them to aid Kurt in his fight. Having gathered his friends to aid him in fighting off Azazel's forces, Kurt uses the Bamfs and his connection to Azazel to restore himself to life back on Earth, thus preventing Azazel from attacking Heaven again by tying them both together, although this results in Kurt sacrificing his own soul to ensure that Azazel will not be able to return to Heaven. His 'Welcome Back' party is subsequently attended by all the X-Men - even Cyclops' branch of the team, despite the tensions between them, Nightcrawler stating that he wants all of his family to be present - although Nightcrawler briefly leaves the party to confront Mystique when she is attempting to find Azazel.

Characterization: Among his more ironic character traits, Wagner is an extremely religious man. A devout Catholic, his demonic appearance obviously makes it very difficult to attend Mass. Despite this, as mutants in the Marvel Universe become more accepted, he even managed to almost become a Catholic priest; unfortunately his studies were interrupted by a villainous group known as "The Neo".

In contrast, Nightcrawler also has a knack for the spontaneous and exciting. He sees himself as a swashbuckler, usually comparing himself to Errol Flynn. He is, despite his looks, always charming and gallant, and several storylines contain Kurt's love life as a conflict to his religious nature. His days in the circus make him a gifted performer and showman. Kurt is also a jokester. He has a great sense of humor for someone in his situation. He always plays pranks on people; some even call him "Trickster" because his combined teleporting abilities and playful disposition enable him to play quite the joke.

Friends and Foes: Nightcrawler is close to several of the X-Men and is closest to his original teammates, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm and Banshee. He has a complicated relationship with his mother and father, both of whom have fought him on many occasions but also show signs that they love him deep down. Nightcrawler's siblings include his foster sister Rogue and half-brother Graydon Creed from Mystique; and Abyss and Kiwi Black from Azazel.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:43 am
Ares wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 am Only Ares could post a 15-paragraph rant about Captain Marvel in response to... a build of Donna Troy.
. . . . Batgirl started it.
Oh, yeah, like Jab’s has never wandered off on a tangent before. The man could give us 15-paragraphs on a specific Monster High doll’s shoes at the drop of a hat.

I mean, its not like I ever do that sort of thing. I'm busy with important work, like memorizing Bruce Wayne's address*.

*Wayne Manor, 1007 Mountain Drive, Gotham City, NJ 08270... What, you thought I was joking?
HEY NOW!! I would never be into something so feminine and wussy as DO--!!

I mean, um, that's someone else's apartment. Not mine.

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 am NOW STOP THAT THIS INSTANT!

Quick! Everyone! Let's get into a debate about European swords (vs) Japanese swords, using facts, math AND fanboyish love for our favorite styles & types, just to get Maximum Thorpoca-Rage!!!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 am

Surely this can be remedied by some safe, reliable amnesia caused by blunt force trauma?
Last time I tried to knock out Thorpa Sentry wasn't part of Earth 616 ... for the records it didn't work.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Daken, Donna Troy, Omega Red, Bronze Tiger, Nightcrawler

Post by Goldar »

I always thought Nightcrawler would have (and should have) a slightly higher strength than average for all the swinging he does in the comics.

I don't mean your build necessarily--I mean Marvel. Marvel has always tagged him as lifting 200-250 pounds, since way back.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm I always thought Nightcrawler would have (and should have) a slightly higher strength than average for all the swinging he does in the comics.

I don't mean your build necessarily--I mean Marvel. Marvel has always tagged him as lifting 200-250 pounds, since way back.
Maybe, but his swinging can be addressed with his skill, really, moreso than his strength. He occasionally pulls off a grab on a powerhouse for teleport that by the MnM rules would be next to impossible, but I still don't see his strength being more than a 3 tops.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Eh, Thorp? I don't see Kurt's attributes anywhere in the recent upload.

Sorry.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Skaramine wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:53 am Eh, Thorp? I don't see Kurt's attributes anywhere in the recent upload.

Sorry.
I made some updates and miscopied. Thanks for the catch.
Thorpocalypse

The Red Skull: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a RED LIGHT SPECIAL as we add a new item to our Villains Line on Aisle 2!

I believe America to be a weak, morally bankrupt country whose underpinning is being eaten away. It is my goal to speed up that process. - The Red Skull

RED SKULL
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-11 (5-9 in original body)
Weight: 175 (195 in original body)
Eyes: Brown (Black in original body)
Hair: None
Skin: Fair (Red Skull)
Race: Human
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Red Reich

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 9 (+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Military] 9 (+15), Expertise [Nazi] 7 (+13), Expertise [Politics] 9 (+15), Expertise [Science] 6 (+12), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+15) [Daze, Startle], Investigation 5 (+11) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+6), Technology 6 (+12) [Inventor], Vehicles 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status – The Red Skull, Security Clearance, Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (1), Connected, Daze (1) (Intimidation) Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (11), Favored Foe (Captain America), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (2) (English, French, 3 others, Base: German), Leadership, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Super Soldier Physiology: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Disguise Kit: Feature 1 (Circumstance bonus to Deception checks for disguise); 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Arsenal: (42 pts)
Dust of Death: Ranged Progressive Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 40 pts
Dust of Death: Cloud Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Progressive); 1 pt
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +5; Knife +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Heavy Pistol +4; Dust of Death Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Dust of Death Affliction +10, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Despite his genius and cunning, his overconfidence can be his downfall.
Enemy: Captain America.
Patriotism: He is loyal to Nazi Germany, always has been, always will be.

Abilities 104 + Skills 45 (90 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 9 + Defenses 11 = 205 / 205

Build Comments: The Red Skull will always be a great villain IMHO because he comes from real evil and his look is classic creepy. I'm glad he's back in the Marvel U as his old evil self. I didn't like the Professor X Stolen Brain Telepathic Clone Red Skull at all.

Secret Origins: Raised in a traumatizing world of the European streets, Johann Schmidt’s mind found itself warped and paved for something much more sinister to come. Born in a village within Germany, Johann's life would start its dark path when his mother would die from giving birth to him. This event drove Johann’s drunken father in a depressing state to where he would cope with the idea of avenging his stressful problems by simply drowning the infant Johann. Saved from near death by the delivering doctor after halting Johann’s father from killing him, Johann’s father would later commit suicide that would force Johann into an orphanage. Growing up into a life of being bullied, Johann’s hatred for others slowly began to expand itself by being convinced that every man was truly his enemy. Hating every passing day of abuse, Johann predictably ran away to lead on a life as a beggar and a petty thief. Usually taking menial jobs to keep himself sustained, Johann later found himself offered a job as a sweeper for a Jewish shopkeeper and also found friendship with the daughter of the shop owner as well. As the girl took a liking towards Johann, it would be when he forced himself onto her where she would deny him because of his actions. Johann would finally take his inner feelings into action by committing his first murder when he killed the girl in a fit of blind rage with a shovel.

Back out on the streets again and desperate for any means for survival, Johann would have his chance in 1933 after being one of the many Germans who were forced into joining the Nazi Party as a Sturmabteilung. As Hitler rose to power, Johann still wasn’t satisfied seeing how he was merely a prop rather than a fighter like the S.S. But Johann’s life would change after learning that Hitler was staying within a selected hotel, Johann secretly came up with the idea of making an impression on Hitler by acting out as one of the hotels bellboys who tended to the Fuhrers’ stay. Coming upon Hitler scolding one of his Gestapo’s for failure of capturing a spy who recently escaped from Germany, Hitler took notice of Johann claiming that he personally could teach Johann to be a better Nazi than any of his own officers. At first glance during Hitler’s claim, Hitler not only found a potential recruit within Johann, but something that even the ruler of Germany would fear himself. Ever dedicated to prove himself to be what the Fuhrer of Germany saw within him, Johann proudly accepted his training as an S.S. Officer.

After Hitler later found himself unimpressed with Johann’s training, the Fuhrer relieved Johann's commanding officer and strictly took over Johann’s training himself. Shaped and molded into Hitler’s own twisted image before his training was finished, Johann became the second most powerful man within Germany who answered to no one but Hitler himself. As his first act under Hitler’s command, Johann killed his former officer who failed to train him under Hitler’s ideal for an S.S Officer. This twisted accomplishment awarded Johann an officer uniform, rank, and a trademark that would be burnt into the hearts of those who would dare oppose Hitler’s agenda, Johann was given a blood red mask of a skull that would be worn and show his enemies Hitler’s wrath and image that would install fear. Thus the Red Skull was born.

The Story so Far: During World War II, Red Skull was known to be one of the most feared villains who served underneath the command of Hitler himself. As his terror was spreading across Europe, Red Skull’s reign would come to a halt when the United States presented their own special weapon, the super soldier known as Captain America. Throughout WWII, both Captain America and Red Skull found themselves constantly battling and Red Skull would also find himself fighting the other costumed mystery men who opposed the Third Reich.

However, as WWII was coming to an end, both Captain America and Red Skull found themselves coming to an end as well. With both men believed to be dead, both Red Skull and Captain America later revived in the early 50’s only to later disappear under unknown circumstances. It would later be revealed that the recent Red Skull wasn’t the original, but a communist known as Albert Malik.

After Captain America’s body been found and revived, the hero would later find himself followed by the resurrected Red Skull as well. Despite the fact that Red Skull no longer held an army of his own, he was more of a threat from the vast amount of equipment, weaponry, robots, and various locations that he personally owned during WWII. Far more dangerous than before, Red Skull found his revival as a better chance of doing what Hitler failed to do himself, which was world domination. Several times Red Skull has either made an attempt to rule the world or complete his other personal goal of killing off Captain America in the most elaborate and carefully planned schemes.

Over the years, The Red Skull has crossed paths of other well-known villains and heroes as he menaced Captain America. He once tricked and used the Kingpin of Crime in a plan to rid Captain America and ran afoul of Dr. Doom twice when trying to take over Latveria. One scheme found itself backfiring against the Red Skull when he gave Sam Wilson powers so that he could secretly attack Captain America, only to find Sam taking up the costumed role as the Falcon and becoming Captain America’s longtime partner.

Sometime later, Red Skull found himself dying once more and making a final attempt to end both Captain America and himself at the same time. However this plan was only half successful as the Red Skull would die from a stroke in the arms of his most hated enemy.

Later revived in a clone body of Captain America, Red Skull decided to keep his status low and accomplish his same two goals differently through means of business and politics rather than frontal terrorist attacks. Red Skull had found himself more successful than his prior attacks against Captain America and his enemies because of his reach across the world that could easily grant him access to just about anything he truly wanted.

After the events of Civil War and Bucky’s return, Red Skull would find himself partaking in a scheme of killing Captain America. Even though Red Skull successfully orchestrated Captain America’s death, he would later be defeated once more when Bucky took the role of Captain America and foiled Red Skull’s plans of being fully revived in his own body once more.

With Norman Osborn’s Dark Reign coming to an end, Red Skull would make his appearance when accepting Osborn’s idea of him becoming the new and revived Captain America. Even though Red Skull did manage to have his conscious placed in Captain America’s revived body, he would find himself defeated in a conscious battle with Captain America and physically defeated by both Captain America and the Avengers as well.

However, Baron Von Blitzschag, formerly a Nazi supervillain currently in the Justice Society Initiative, paid back an old debt to Armin Zola by secretly smuggling a body of one of his MVP clones to Zola. The Nazi super-scientist transferred Schmidt’s consciousness into the young, peak human body of Michael Van Patrick. Now, with a young powerful body, Schmidt is even more dangerous and ready to lead his new cabal, THE RED REICH against any and all who oppose him.

Characterization: Suffice it to say, The Red Skull is one of the greatest villains of all time. He has been an enemy of America for over 80 years and it seems he will never truly be vanquished. He is one of the greatest planners among supervillains and he usually has a backup to his backup plan and another that he has told no one else about if those should fail.

Friends and Foes: He has regular allies in Crossbones, Armin Zola and his daughter, Sin and has allied with several supervillains, mainly those with Nazi ties like Baron Zemo and Baron Blitzkrieg.

His list of foes is too long to mention but without question his greatest enemy is Captain America.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.