J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: J-Mart: Amygdala, KGBeast, Kite Man, Zsasz, Captain America

Post by KorokoMystia »

I've only seen Kite-Man in the Brave And The Bold, but I enjoyed his appearancves in that.
Thorpocalypse

101 - Hugo Strange

Post by Thorpocalypse »

After a bit of a hiatus, it's time to get back to work and finish up this truck from Gotham so we can move on to other things! Check out this new addition to our Gotham Villains Line!

You know the sort of people I've gone up against, so you know I don't say this lightly... but the Joker? Riddler? Croc, Scarecrow and the others? He's in their league. Only without the crippling psychoses to cloud his judgment. - Batman

HUGO STRANGE
PL: 9 (165 pts) - OPL: 9; DPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+15), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+10), Expertise [Psychology] 8 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 8 (+16), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+11), Investigation 7 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+12) [Connected], Persuasion 8 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+13) [Inventor], Treatment 7 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (3), Favored Foe (Batman), Inventor, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: English), Ranged Attack (3), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Psychology]), Speed of Thought*, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Headquarters: (15 pts)
Secret Lab: Size - M, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense Systems, Fire Prevention System, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System 2 [DC25], Workshop; 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

[COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Hugo is very nearsighted without his glasses.
Motivation: Advancing science in his way.
Obsession: The Batman. He either wants to destroy or become him, but he either way, he is always thinking of him.

Abilities 80 + Skills 49 (98 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: Hugo was kind of lost in the Batman mythology for a good while and with good reason. Mad scientists are a dime a dozen in comics, even those that know Batman is Bruce Wayne. But the angle where he became obsessed with Batman and began dressing as him and training himself to his personal physical peak was pretty interesting and he has popped up fairly regularly ever since.

And with the genius stroke of using him as the primary antagonist in the awesome Batman: Arkham City game (1/3 of the way through, now, NO SPOILERS) has raised his profile to a new level.

I made him pretty formidable for my setting, being better in hand to hand than Tim and Damian and a scientific genius on par with anyone. In my setting, he is one of the top doctors at Arkham again and has been a model citizen since his latest release.

At least that’s what he's made everyone think…

Secret Origins: Hugo's childhood was scarred by trauma and grief, leading him to hone and direct himself, making the most of his ordeals to pursue higher goals. He was raised in an orphanage on Gotham City's lower east side, the neighborhood called Hell's Crucible. Growing up to be a well-respected mind in the scientific community, he became professor of psychiatry at Gotham State University until his tenure was suspended over increasingly bizarre theories in genetic engineering.

The Story so Far: Strange and his assistant Sanjay begin experimenting with genetic manipulation in an attempt to cure disease and imperfection, although this results in a terrible race of cannibalistic Monster Men who require regular feeding. Not taken seriously by the scientific community, he turns to crime boss Sal Maroni for his funding.

His patients are Arkham Asylum inmates who won't be missed. Eventually he is forced to pay off his debts by sending his creatures to massacre a mob gambling house, stealing several hundred thousand dollars in the process.

The carnage makes his mafia connections extremely suspicious. Batman tracks them down after several grisly murders, although he is subdued by Sanjay and locked in the den of the beasts. Batman is able to fight his way out of the cage and escape, which leads the professor to believe he has found a genetically perfect specimen. Maroni's men physically threaten him in response to the gambling house slaughter, which makes him decide to wipe all of them out. The last monster he makes is the most perfect one, using the Batman's DNA, and he gathers all four of them for an assault on Carmine Falcone's mansion compound in the countryside. They are unleashed and begin killing all the mobsters in sight, although Batman arrives to control the situation. Sanjay is shot dead in the chaos, and Strange is forced to flee the scene.

He then uses his psychological credentials to go on television as an anti-Batman commentator. Strange appears on a talk-show to discuss Batman's psychology with Captain Gordon and Mayor Klass, where Gordon is announced as the head of a new GCPD anti-vigilante task-force with the professor as their professional consultant. He begins to develop obsessive behavior, making his own Batman costume to get inside his enemy's head. As the investigation continues, Strange grows increasingly monomaniacal in his obsession with Batman. His greatest desire is to become Batman. To that end, he has attempts to kill the Caped Crusader, and then take his place. Strange eventually concludes that Bruce Wayne is most likely Batman, brainwashes the head of the police Task Force into becoming a lethal vigilante to turn public sentiment against Batman, and kidnaps the mayor's daughter. He is ultimately caught.

He has supposedly been rehabilitated and is working as a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. He is being watch closely by Jeremiah Arkham and Batman, but so far, he has been a model employee.

Characterization: Hugo Strange is trained to physical perfection and a brilliant psychological analyst. He possesses extensive knowledge of genetics, and uses this to frequently aid in his plans as he carries out his fixation on Batman and his secret identity. Strange, however, is currently plagued by schizophrenic episodes that leave him confused and dangerous.

As a master of psychology, Hugo Strange is an expert at mental and emotional manipulation for personal gain. He possesses a thorough understanding of the human mind, and thus human behavior, giving him a major advantage over most foes. In addition, Strange has an obsession with Batman that borders on the delusional, and has a reckless disregard for human life; often using other people as test subjects for his chemical and psychological experiments. This description could classify Hugo Strange as a sociopath.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

102 - Professor Pyg

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got yet another item for our Gotham Villains Line that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

You've been a bad man, Niko. But that's all over now. Pyg will make you perfect. - Professor Pyg

PROFESSOR PYG
PL: 7 (90 pts) - OPL: 5; DPL: 7; HP: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Biology] 6 (+10), Expertise [Chemistry] 6 (+10), Expertise [Surgeon] 8 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+0), Technology 6 (+10) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (3), Fearless, Inventor, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Ranged Attack (2), Set-Up (1), Startle, Tough* (2)

POWERS:
Fractured Mind: Enhanced Will 3 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Scalpel: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Headquarters: (9 pts)
Abandoned Warehouse Hideout: Size - M, Tough - 8, Features - Fire Prevention System, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Personnel, Secret, Security System, Workshop; 9 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2; Scalpel +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5 (+8 against mental effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Batman and Robin.
Mental Instability: Professor Pyg is criminally insane.
Obsession: The Professor is driven to create his idea of "perfection'.

Abilities 42 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 2 + Defenses 12 = 90 / 90

Build Comments: I’m torn on Pyg for the most part. Sometimes I like his weirdness and off the wall behavior. Sometimes I’m irritated because he seems to cause the Bat Family a helluva a lot more trouble than he should. He’s a chubby guy in a pig mask that makes people into living dolls. He should be a one shot KO every time. Yet, he keeps escaping, popping up again and again and usually having some scheme that could kill everyone in Gotham. I don’t get it. Just because Morrison created him doesn’t mean he should be a real threat.

But what the hell, maybe Morrison is sharing some of his “good stuff” with Snyder and Tomasi so they keep him in the forefront as a favor.

Secret Origins: Nothing is known of Professor Pyg’s background prior to his first encounter with Batman and Robin.

The Story so Far: Batman (Dick Grayson) first learns about Professor Pyg when he captures his minion Mister Toad. Pyg proclaims the "Year of the Pig", and he and his Circus of Strange appear in Gotham City as part of the plan by Dr. Hurt. Pyg starts a campaign to make people "perfect", and his minions capture Robin (Damian Wayne).

Pyg attempts to release an addictive identity-destroying drug in the form of a virus, using his Dollotrons — genderless lobotomized humans with special masks fused into their faces. He previously sold the drug to gangs, who used it to control prostitutes. Pyg also plans to convert Robin into another Dollotron. He is foiled by Batman, who obtains Pyg's location from Pyg's captured henchman, Phosphorus Rex. Batman arrives at Pyg's disused fun fair hideout after Robin escapes from Pyg's clutches. Together, they succeed in subduing Pyg and his Circus of Strange, and they capture most of the Dollotrons.

Pyg is arrested and taken to Blackgate Penitentiary. He is later freed by Simon Hurt's enforcers, the 99 Fiends Gang. A major part of the plan by Hurt and the Black Glove, Pyg wreaks havoc across Gotham with his viral infection. Batman and Commissioner Gordon are captured by the 99 Fiends Gang, and a giant army of Dollotrons appears. Batman breaks free, but Pyg plans to convert Gordon at a "party" held in Crime Alley. The plan is foiled by Batman and the Joker, who is revealed to be Dr. Hurt's adversary. The Black Glove is terminated with the Joker's laughing gas. Pyg and Hurt are nearly captured by Batman, but they subdue him using the drugged Gordon.

Robin is freed by the Joker as a part of a plan to stop Dr. Hurt. Robin assaults Pyg's van and liberates Gordon, but he is captured by the 99 Fiends Gang. Pyg leaves Hurt and his 99 Fiends to pursue his own agenda in the city. Simon Hurt impersonates Thomas Wayne, and he nearly defeats Batman and Robin until Bruce Wayne arrives as the original Batman. Wayne remains to fight Simon Hurt, and he sends Robin and Grayson after Pyg.

Professor Pyg is at the center of the virus infection zone, surrounded by Dollotrons and numerous addicts. He is using a device that he claims will bring the addicts "salvation"; the device is a mobile Dollotron converter. Grayson and Robin defeat Pyg, luring him out of the crowd by tricking him with his "mother". He is taken to Arkham Asylum.

A new villain named Son of Pyg briefly appears as an agent of the Leviathan organization. He is defeated by Batgirl during a plot to turn a group of teen mercenaries-in-training into agents of Leviathan. His real name is revealed to be Janosz Valentin aka "Johnny Valentine".

Professor Pyg later appears as part of a group of Arkham Asylum inmates who attempt to escape from the facility during a riot, but are stopped by Batman and Nightwing. Batman discovers that Professor Pyg's "Mother of Nails" is Talia al Ghul.

Characterization: Pyg is considered to be one of the weirdest, most insane characters that's ever been opposed by Batman. Batman has noted that he’s faced crazy villains many times before but Pyg seems genuinely disturbed and disconnected.

Friends and Foes: Professor Pyg has become a regular thorn in the side of the Bat-family. Pyg’s primary allies are Mister Toad and his Dollotrons. The Dollotrons are Professor Pyg's army of robotic mind-controlled people. They wear doll-like dresses and have doll masks permanently attached to their original faces. The masks cannot be removed surgically. The process of creating them is not described in detail, but it is implied it involves brain surgery, genital mutilation, and mind-altering drugs.

They number in the hundreds, and can appear suddenly when Pyg is around.
Thorpocalypse

103 - Mister Toad

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our last item from our Gotham location (really this time, for now at least) is getting stocked on Aisle 1!

It's a shame he...croaked...

...Ew...I feel dirty after that one...

MISTER TOAD
PL: 7 (77 pts) - OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+0), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Performance] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+0), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion (+0), Stealth 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2)

POWERS:
Frog Legs: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt
Frog Kick: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Accurate 2); 4 pts
Amphibious: Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Frog Kick +6 [Frog Kick +4]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: His anthropomorphic froglike appearance makes it difficult for him to blend into normal society.
Relationships: He is loyal to Professor Pyg and he has many friends in the Circus of Strange.

Abilities 38 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 10 + Defenses 15 = 77 / 77

Build Comments: Mister Toad is the accomplice of Professor Pyg. He didn’t last long in the DCU continuity but he had a pretty big role in the short lived Beware the Batman series on Cartoon Network a couple of years ago. In the TV show, he had a sonic croak and flamethrower cane. In the DCU, he was a just a toad looking dude that did dirty work for Pyg. I went the simplier route, but I reserve the right to go back and add the cool stuff later.

Secret Origins/ The Story so Far/ Characterization/Friends and Foes: Mister Toad is an anthropomorphic toad with a cockney accent who works under Professor Pyg. He was caught in the middle of his crime spree by Batman (Dick Grayson) and Robin. Upon being captured, Mister Toad states that Professor Pyg will retaliate to this. Batman and Robin then leave Mister Toad on the rooftop of the Gotham City Police Department. Toad escaped with the help of his allies of the Circus of Strange and remains at large.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Captain America, Hugo Strange, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad

Post by Thorpocalypse »

OK, that's really it for the Gotham stuff for now. I have several more coming eventually, like The Chechen and Gambol from the Dark Knight, and some other low level villains, but I really feel the need to move on to other stuff. I'm going to drop some villains first, then move into some heroes, probably The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy before hitting some of The Justice League. Got some company coming in this weekend so I have to knock the cobwebs off of Thorpe's Deep later in the week, but I hope to get some more posting in tomorrow night (because I don't believe in Valentine's Day, even though the missus does ;) ) and Wednesday.
scc

Post by scc »

I always enjoy seeing Gotham villain builds. Especially ones I don't know like Mister Toad.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Cluemaster, Signalman, Amygdala, KGBeast, Kite Man, Zsasz, Captain America, Hugo Strange, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad

There's something about this list of Bat-foes that seems a little off.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 pm Cluemaster, Signalman, Amygdala, KGBeast, Kite Man, Zsasz, Captain America, Hugo Strange, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad

Cap knows what he did...:x ( :lol: )
Formerly luketheduke86
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

L-Space wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 pm Cluemaster, Signalman, Amygdala, KGBeast, Kite Man, Zsasz, Captain America, Hugo Strange, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad

It's not off if its set in Batgirl's Earth III. 8-)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

jcjec wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:35 pm
L-Space wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm

It's not off if its set in Batgirl's Earth III. 8-)
LOL. If only I had put that much thought into my setting. ;)

But of course, I could borrow from the current Marvel Cap arc... :twisted:

Ken

Post by Ken »

Hey, I own two different* comics where Batman fought Captain America. That's as many as Phil Cobb (Signal Man) had prior to 1981, and that was in two different costumed identites.

* - And multiple copies of one of the two.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

No intro needed for this new addition to our Villains Line...

Many have opposed me: First and foremost the Kree champion Captain Mar-Vell. Long dead against his will while I yet live, against mine. There have always been those who would interfere with my goals. My choices. My dreams. Only one thing has ever remained true. My love and devotion to milady Death. And that thing has now been taken from me. I had accomplished my goals! I was at rest in emptiness and something woke me! I was at peace, and something brought me back to pain! ... Again, insects, you ask what am I? What I am is angry. What I am is insane with rage. What I am is...THANOS! - Thanos

THANOS
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 13; DPL: 16; FWPL: 15; HP: 1
Height: 8-2
Weight: 1000
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Purple
Race: Titanian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Black Order

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 17, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 7 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 11 (+22), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+15) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 12 (+23), Insight 7 (+15), Intimidation 12 (+20/+21), Investigation 2 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception (+8), Persuasion 5 (+13), Stealth (+2/+0), Technology 12 (+23) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Wealth, Status, Resources 10 – Mad Titan Cosmic Despot), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack (3) (Cosmic Blast, Long Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (10), Ritualist, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Mad Titan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Mad Titan Physiology: Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 26 pts
Unreachable by the Hand of Fate: Immunity 2 (Precognition); 2 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 40 pt Array; 43 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 19 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2); 40 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Fields: Create 19 (Cosmic Energy Shields); 1 pt
Telepathy: Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide); 1 pt[/i]
Thanos Armor: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7; 10 pts
Double Bladed Sword: 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Double Blade Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 12); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Double Blade Sword +20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +13 [Cosmic Energy Blast +19; Cosmic Fields Create +19]
Special Attack [Cosmic Wave +16, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+9 Impervious with Armor, +17 without Armor, +5 Impervious without Armor), Fortitude +17, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe.
Obsession: Destroying all life.
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love.

Abilities 150 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 98 + Defenses 14 = 328 / 328

Build Comments: Ah, Thanos. One of Marvels heaviest hitters. The Mad Titan. The one-time (and probably future, considering the way these sequel crossover arcs work) owner of the Infinity Gauntlet, the most powerful item in the universe. A man that can take on the entire Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy or any of the Heralds of Galactus and come out on top.

But then lose to a weirdo like 70’s Adam Warlock.

And Squirrel Girl…

THAT is why I love comics.

Secret Origins: Thanos was born on Saturn's moon Titan, and is the child of Eternals Mentor and Sui-San. Thanos was carried the Deviants gene, and as such shared the physical appearance of the Eternals' cousin race. Although treated fairly, Thanos became mindful of his appearance and isolated himself, only playing with his brother Eros (Starfox). Thanos became fascinated with nihilism and death, and worshipped and eventually fell in love with the physical embodiment of death, Mistress Death. As an adult, Thanos used bionics and mysticism to become the most powerful of the Titans, and is often referred to as the Mad Titan.

The Story so Far: Wishing to impress Mistress Death, Thanos gathered an army of villainous aliens and unleashed a nuclear bombardment of Titan that killed millions of his race. Seeking universal power in the form of the Cosmic Cube, Thanos traveled to Earth. Prior to landing, his vessel destroyed a nearby car as a family witnesses his arrival. Unbeknownst to Thanos, two of the family members in the vehicle survived: the father's spirit is preserved by the Titanian cosmic entity Kronos and is given a new form as Drax the Destroyer while the daughter is found by Thanos' father Mentor and is raised to become the heroine Moondragon.

Thanos eventually located the Cube, and also attracted the attention of Mistress Death. Willing the Cube to make him omnipotent, Thanos then discarded the Cube. He imprisoned Kronos and taunts Kree hero Captain Marvel, who with the aid of superhero team the Avengers and ISAAC (a super-computer based on Titan), is eventually able to defeat Thanos by destroying the Cube.

Thanos later came to the aid of Adam Warlock in a war against the Magus and his religious empire. During this alliance Thanos cultivated a plan to reunite with Mistress Death, and secretly siphoned off the energies of Warlock's Soul Gem, and combined these with the power of the other Infinity Gems to create a weapon capable of destroying a star. Warlock summoned the Avengers and Captain Marvel to stop Thanos and the plan is foiled, but Warlock is killed by Thanos. The Titan regrouped and captured the heroes, who are freed by Spider-Man and the Thing. Thanos is finally stopped by Warlock, whose spirit emerged from the Soul Gem and turned the Titan to stone. Thanos' spirit eventually reappears to accompany a dying Captain Marvel's soul into the realm of Death.

Thanos is eventually resurrected and collects the Infinity Gems once again. He used the gems to create the Infinity Gauntlet, making him nigh-omnipotent, and erased half the living things in the universe to prove his love to Death. This act and several others are soon undone by Adam Warlock. Warlock reveals that Thanos has always allowed himself to be defeated because the Titan secretly knows he is not worthy of ultimate power.

Since then, Thanos has come into conflict with cosmic heroes several times in his attempt to regain the Infinity Gauntlet and other schemes. During the Annihilation War Thanos allied himself with the genocidal villain Annihilus. When the Annihilation Wave destroyed the Kyln, Thanos sends the Fallen to check on the status of the Beyonder, whose mortal form he finds has perished. Before the Fallen can report back to Thanos it encountered Tenebrous and Aegis: two of Galactus' ancient foes. Thanos convinces Tenebrous and Aegis to join the Annihilation Wave in order to get revenge on Galactus, and they subsequently defeat the World Devourer and the Silver Surfer. Annihilus desires the secret of the Power Cosmic and asked Thanos to study Galactus. Once Thanos learns Annihilus' true goal is to use the Power Cosmic to destroy all life and remain the sole survivor, he decided to free Galactus. Drax the Destroyer killed Thanos before he can do so but discovered that Thanos had placed a failsafe device to allow Silver Surfer to free Galactus in the event that Annihilus betrayed him. During a climactic battle with Annihilus, Nova is near death and saw Thanos standing with Mistress Death.

Once again, Thanos was resurrected, this time by the Universal Truth of Church. After this return, he vowed that since he lived again, EVERYTHING would die.

Characterization: Thanos is quite simply one of the most dangerous beings in the universe. He wants nothing more than to destroy all life as an offering to his love, Mistress Death. He is a master strategist and has a boundless, ruthless ambition that allows him to achieve any of his goals, no matter how far reaching.

Friends and Foes: He will form alliances if it suits his need, but generally he only longs to be with Mistress Death. His greatest foe has been Adam Warlock, who has thwarted his plans several times. Drax the Destroyer only lives to kill Thanos and is always looking out for him to fulfill his destiny. In general, though, Thanos see all life as his foe and continually looks for ways to end it.
THANOS
PL: 16 (343 pts) - OPL: 16; DPL: 16; HP: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 17, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+13), Deception 7 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 11 (+22), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+15) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 12 (+23), Insight 7 (+15), Intimidation 12 (+20) [Startle], Investigation 2 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception (+8), Persuasion 4 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 12 (+23) [Inventor], Vehicles 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Wealth, Status, Resources 10 – Mad Titan Cosmic Despot), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (10), Ritualist, Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Mad Titan Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 18, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2); 35 pts
Unreachable by the Hand of Fate: Immunity 2 (Precognition); 2 pts
Death Exclusion: Immortality 5 (1 day); 10 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 44 pt Array; 51 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Range Psionic Damage 11 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); 44 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 19 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Fields: Create 19 (Cosmic Energy Shields); 1 pt
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 4 (Worldwide); 1 pt
Telekinesis: Perception Range Move Object 10; 1 pt
Transmutation: Ranged Transform 7 (Anything into anything else, 100 lb mass); 1 pt
Teleportation: Teleport 11 (2000 Miles; Extra: Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Flaw: Extended Only); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +13 [Cosmic Energy Blast +19]
Special Attack [Mental Blast +11, Perception; Telekinesis +10, Perception; Cosmic Burst +16, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe.
Obsession: Destroying all life.
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love.

Abilities 160 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 99 + Defenses 17 = 343 / 343
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

105 - Corvus Glaive

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for some BLACK LIGHT SPECIALS for Aisle 2 as we add to our Villains Line!

I am a servant of my master, Thanos-- a destroyer of worlds, a breaker of kings. I am one of the five, Corvus Glaive. - Corvus Glaive

CORVUS GLAIVE
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 9; DPL: 11; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 175
Eyes: Black
Skin: Grey
Race: Unknown
Base of Operations: The Black Quadrant

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+12), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [Civics] 6 (+13), Expertise [Tactics] 12 (+19), Insight 8 (+15), Intimidation 8 (+13), Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 8 (+13), Stealth 3 (+9), Technology 2 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (2) (Status – Most Favored of Thanos), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (2) (Glaive 2), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Glaive), Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 2 pts
The Glaive: 28 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 16 pts
Glaive Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 4, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind), (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10, Reach [5 ft]); 18 pts
Cannot Die as Long as He Holds the Glaive: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Immortality 6 (1 day, Flaw: Glaive must remain intact); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +6; Glaive +10, Critical 17-20]
Ranged Attack +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He is brilliant, ruthless and has one of the greatest warriors in the universe as his wife. Oh, and he is backed by THANOS. He's got a pretty high opinion of himself.
Motivation: Power.
Relationships: His wife, Proxima Midnight and (sorta) his brother, Black Dwarf.
Responsibility: To Thanos.

Abilities 114 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 18 + Defenses 11 = 191 / 191

Build Comments: Corvus is the second in command of the Black Order. He recently bit the dust in the latest Thanos book where he had taken over a large portion of a star system that Thanos formerly held. When Thanos escaped Earth and came back, they fought over it and Corvus ended up killing himself when given that choice, or having Thanos kill him instead.

Smart man. :shock:

Secret Origins/The Story so Far/Characterization: Corvus Glaive is the merciless servant of the Mad Titan Thanos. The most loyal of the lieutenants in the Black Order, Corvus Glaive is the most favored by Thanos, having cruely betrayed his own people to achieve glory with Thanos. He is a strong leader, well versed in diplomacy and intimidation and possessed enhanced strength, speed and as long as his otherworldly blade remains by his side he cannot die.

Friends and Foes: He is married to Proxima Midnight.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

106 - Proxima Midnight

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The BLACK LIGHT SPECIALS continue with this new item for Aisle 2!

PROXIMA MIDNIGHT
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 8; DPL: 13; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 175
Eyes: White
Hair: Blue
Skin: Blue

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 7 (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 7 (+11) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (2), Combat Clarity* (1), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Spear, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (2), Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Spear Strike, Spear Thrown, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (1) (Toughness Check), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Warrior's Physique: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr), Leaping 3 (60 ft); 10 pts
Body Armor: 9 pt Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7; 9 pts
Midnight Spear: 62 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-24 pts); 38 pts
Spear Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Spear Attacks: 56 pt Array; 58 pts
Black Star Snare: Ranged Progressive Affliction 20 (Black Star Matter; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Inaccurate 2, Limited to two Degrees, Uncontrolled); 56 pts
Thrown Spear: Ranged Piercing Damage 14 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous, Homing 3, Penetrating 10); 1 pt
Spear Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 10, Reach [5 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +14 [Spear Strike +14, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +11, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Midnight Spear +14, Critical 18-20]
Midnight Cage +8 [Midnight Snare Affliction +20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+13 with Midnight Spear) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 with Midnight Spear) [DC21/23]
Toughness +13 (+4 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +11, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Combat and killing.
Relationships: Her husband, Corvus Glaive.

Abilities 100 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 55 + Defenses 12 = 214 / 214

Build Comments: Promixa Midnight is without a doubt the best fighter of the Order. She would be a good match for Diana, I think.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far/Characterization: Proxima Midnight is one of Thanos' lieutenants in the Black Order. She is the greatest warrior in all of Thanos' army. She has great physical power and ability.

Her spear when thrown transforms into three tracers of black light that never miss. The beams are lethal to most creatures.

Friends and Foes: She is the wife of Corvus Glaive and fiercely loyal to Thanos.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

107 - Black Dwarf

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The BLACK LIGHT SPECIALS continue with another new item for Aisle 2!

He's not black or a dwarf. I don't get the name...

BLACK DWARF
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 7; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 7-6
Weight: 650
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Orange

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+11/+12), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth (+1/-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack (2) (Axe, Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Black Dwarf Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Unbreakable Skin: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 15, Immunity 6 (All Environmental, Pressure); 23 pts
Black Dwarf Weapons: 5 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 3 pts
Big Axe: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Reach [5 ft]); 4 pts
Big Mace: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Reach [5 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Axe +14, Critical 19-20; Mace +14, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His brother, Corvus Glaive.

Abilities 62 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 32 + Defenses 8 = 120 / 120

Build Comments: Black Dwarf is the brick of the group, but he was also the least impressive, getting his ass handed to him by T’Challa in his first appearance. That’s not something to be ashamed of, but the rest of the Order got their healthy doses of New Villain Stink, so he looked like the left out kid. He got taken out by Ronan at the end of Infinity, but I bet he'll be back.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far/Characterization: The massive stature and strength of Black Dwarf make him the wrecking ball of Thanos' lieutenants in the Black Order. He was sent to Wakanda as part of Thanos' invasion. However, his army was repelled by Wakandan technology and soldiers, and he himself eventually being defeated by Black Panther.

Black Dwarf has Super Strength and Super Dense, unbreakable skin. Although he personality appears the most normal he is much more at peace with oblivion than the other followers of Thanos.

Friends and Foes: Thanos and the Black Order.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.