J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: J-Mart: Rick Sanchez

Post by HalloweenJack »

*looks at the Rick build.....thinks*

I LIKE IT!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

also, I too heard alot of hype about the show but didn't believe it....then I started watching it and my mind was blown.

I've also been told by the wife that my personality is pretty much Rick's. It's like being told if I had longer hair, got my tan dark again and hit the gym a little more that I'd look like Roman Reigns.

Not sure if it's a compliment or an insult....so I'll take it as both.

friggin' Reigns...
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

Does Pickle Rick count as a alternate power? 8-)
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Doc chaos wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 am Does Pickle Rick count as a alternate power? 8-)
That was something he did with the inventor skill changing himself into a pickle, everything else he did was with that gadget power.

Speaking of which, where is the inventor advantage?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Doctor Vile wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 am
Doc chaos wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 am Does Pickle Rick count as a alternate power? 8-)
That was something he did with the inventor skill changing himself into a pickle, everything else he did was with that gadget power.

Why...um...it's right there, Doctor. Obviously a builder of my skill and experience would NEVER forget the Inventor advantage for someone whose primary ability is inventing things. :oops:

Fixed. Thanks for the catch. That was an awesome faux pas on my part. I'm trying to remember if was Jab or me that forgot Invisibility for the Invisible Woman, too. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 am also, I too heard alot of hype about the show but didn't believe it....then I started watching it and my mind was blown.

I've also been told by the wife that my personality is pretty much Rick's. It's like being told if I had longer hair, got my tan dark again and hit the gym a little more that I'd look like Roman Reigns.

friggin' Reigns...
I'd go with compliment on the Rick part. But the Reigns thing, if that occurred...DIVORCE THAT WOMAN!!!! SHE HATES YOU!!! :twisted:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 am
Doctor Vile wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 am

Why...um...it's right there, Doctor. Obviously a builder of my skill and experience would NEVER forget the Inventor advantage for someone whose primary ability is inventing things. :oops:

Fixed. Thanks for the catch. That was an awesome faux pas on my part. I'm trying to remember if was Jab or me that forgot Invisibility for the Invisible Woman, too. :)
I THINK it was you, but I DID learn I'd been putting Investigation under Awareness instead of Intelligence for like seven years, then deciding it was too late to go back :). Though I myself have forgotten "Inventor" a thousand times.

I must confess, I feel a bit alone in the world for being an internet guy who doesn't like Rick & Morty. I think my taste for "Asshole Protagonist" shows has ended years ago, particularly because huge segments of the internet basically live vicariously through guys like this. I'm at the point where I think we need to start censoring stuff... but only by preventing males from 18-35 from watching shows like this :).
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 am also, I too heard alot of hype about the show but didn't believe it....then I started watching it and my mind was blown.

friggin' Reigns...
I'd go with compliment on the Rick part. But the Reigns thing, if that occurred...DIVORCE THAT WOMAN!!!! SHE HATES YOU!!! :twisted:
luckily it wasn't my wife who said the Reigns thing, it was a co-worker (backed up by another co-worker).....though when I told my wife that all she said was "oooooooh"

Dames. They give us guys down the road for sexism, but they get distracted by a pretty face just as easily. :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

While Rick is still my last posted character, it should be noted that the Young Thorpocalypses and I got McDonald's tonight and they had the Szechuan Sauce. I remember having it before when it was out and that it wasn't that great. My memory was correct but still, it was fun to eat some again.

I've just been cracking up at all these people that are railing that it's not good, which I thought was the key to hilarity of the whole bit anyway. Ah, youth... 8-)
Thorpocalypse

J-Mart Expansion!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Now that I’ve gotten a year or so under my belt here on the new boards, I feel like it’s time to expand the J-Mart Franchise again. If you've been looking at the boards the past couple of days, you can see I'm working on it. We’re looking at an ambitious new structure that I feel will…

…will last about a month until you lose interest again….

Shut up, Randal, this time I’ll stick with the plan.

Like you did with half PL builds in 2E?

Well, see, I was going to, but…

Or when you said you were going to stick with one thread to make things easier to follow and maintain?

That was the plan but see…

Or your 9,765 different diets?

Hey, I lost 2 pounds on the last one!

But you gained 10 right after.

OK, OK! So this new plan may not last. But it might be fun. And you don’t have to do a thing.

Oh…carry on then, fearless leader!

Thanks. As I was saying, I wanted to try something a little differently than when I started the new thread here. As I started testing my fantasy builds, I realized that it was a wise move to put them on their own thread because I’m going to have a different building style and house rules for them as opposed to my superhero builds. It also hit me that I would be doing the same for my PC builds, my main universe builds and anything experimental I’d like to try.

I could do all that in one thread, but it feels better to me at this point to spread them out again. So the J-Mart Franchise will be expanding into several new threads, one for each dimension of the Thorpocamultiverse. The main J-Mart will remain the Nexus of the Thorpocamultiverse where my main superhero builds will be housed along with links to all the new locations for a central reference point. I may not do new threads for each setting, so some will just stay at the main J-Mart, like my potential Star Wars or Star Trek builds.

This also called for a renumbering of the Earths of the Thorpocamultiverse along with some description of how I will be building characters for them. Most are pretty self-explanatory, some are TBD. And as Randal notes, expect me to change things as I go along. Because I am a self-professed flibbertigibbet.

I was going to say ‘asshat’, but that fancy word works, too.

Why, oh why did I let those pictures get out?!?!?!?!?!

--
THE THORPOCAMULTIVERSE

So after initially trying to move all my builds into one shared universe, it became apparent to me that in order to place all the versions of the characters I like to build into potentially usable settings, the Thorpocamultiverse had to be reborn.

Here are the (initial and subject to change) descriptions of the builds for each setting.

Earth T-0: The former main Earth of the Thorpocamultiverse. These are the builds that are more representative of the Green Ronin/DC Adventures power scale and the characters’ classic power sets. Some of them will overlap in regards to their utilization in my respective new multiverse. Outside of a few minor House Rule tweaks to things that I didn’t care for in the RAW, they should be fairly easily ported into any RAW based game.

Earth T-69: This Earth is more of a catch-all for versions of characters I'm not quite sure where to place. Seemed like a fitting numbering for a place like that.

Earth T-217: The current main Earth of the Thorpocamultiverse. It’s a shared setting and these are slightly lower in PL than the builds for Earth T-0 and will utilize several House Rule Advantages and the characters’ power sets and origins may be tweaked for my personal taste.

Earth T-220: Work in progress. I have thoughts, but they’re still just thoughts…

Earth T-302: This would be the equivalent of Earth-2 in the DCU and the Ultimate Universe from Marvel. The characters will be compatible will the builds of Earth T-217 so they will remain on the main J-Mart thread.

Earth T-304: Also work in progress. Again, I have thoughts, but they’re still just thoughts…

Earth T-418: Yep. Work in progress.

Earth T-504: And again…

Earth T-915: See above. In full transparency, I’ll probably never come up with concepts for 220, 304, 418 and 915 but those are the birthdates (304 is March 4, 915 is September 15 and so on) of my stepmother, wife and kids so I wanted to give them subtle shout outs. Even though they couldn’t give a crap less about this hobby of mine, of course… ;) 302 correlates to my dad's birthday, replaces my original T-5150.

Earth T-1120: This Earth is a shared setting where I am going to be doing a lot of experimenting with builds in regards to power level, different power sets for established characters and house rules. No telling where it will end up, but it should be fun.

And 1120 is my mom’s birthday. She passed away when I was young but she always encouraged my creative side (and bought my first and many subsequent comic books, of course) so I figured having an experimental “universe” with a shout out to her was fitting.

Earth T-2112: An Earth where the futuristic builds will go. I’m still holding fast on NO TIME TRAVEL IN THE THORPOCAVERSE, so builds like The Maestro, Kingdom Come Superman, Ghost in the Shell characters, etc. would be denizens of this world which is in the same "time" as our world but in which the 2112 universe evolved at a faster pace.

And if you don’t know the significance of the number 2112, get off this thread. Hosers...

Earth T-5150: This Earth will be where the future, future themed builds, like the Legion of Super Heroes would reside. And of course, it’s named after the first Van Hagar album.

Earth FG: This Earth is an Earth where fighting game versions of characters reside, like the Superman and Batman from the Injustice game series setting, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter characters, etc. I’m definitely going to have some house rules for that setting to try and get them to work like fighting games as much as I can.

Earth G: Earth of my fantasy setting, the world of Gloriant. Home to my fantasy builds and my generic animal builds. In general, fantasy characters have more encounters with animals than superheroes do, so I figure they are better stored there. The animal builds are built to be used across pretty much all my settings, but some may need to be adjusted for some. The PCs, NPCs are specific to my fantasy setting but some of the magical creatures/aberrations/dragons/demons may crossover.

Earth PC: Obviously, this is where my PC builds go. I still may create a different Earth for my “power level accurate” PC builds, like a PL15/225 point Superman. This may end up only being for the straight PL10/150 point PCs but we’ll see.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Minor remodeling...

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, having multiple "threads" going at once is a solid compromise when working on various things. For years, I'd been planning on re-posting Castellia and also doing my "Jabverse" OC-stuff, but always hesitated, because it'd close my standard builds for months. But then I realized that I could just "pull a J-Mart" and do multiple separate threads!

It'll be interesting to see how these develop :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Multiple threads are great to keeps thing organized, but , I think are also a bit harder to follow sometimes. I'm thinking to do the same for reposting some of my old stuff, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea in the end.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:58 am Multiple threads are great to keeps thing organized, but , I think are also a bit harder to follow sometimes. I'm thinking to do the same for reposting some of my old stuff, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea in the end.
Yeah, I think it depends. It's probably easier if the concepts are very distinct- in my case, Superhero OCs, Fantasy & the standard thread.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:58 am Multiple threads are great to keeps thing organized, but , I think are also a bit harder to follow sometimes. I'm thinking to do the same for reposting some of my old stuff, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea in the end.
Yeah, I think it depends. It's probably easier if the concepts are very distinct- in my case, Superhero OCs, Fantasy & the standard thread.
Having a distinction between my settings was the decider for me. It'll hopefully make sense as I start posting stuff soon. When I started testing my fantasy stuff, I realized that there were some house rules I was going to have to put in, maybe change or remove some Advantages etc., to get it going like I wanted. I was also goofing around with a Sub-Zero V Superman tussle back when I was working on my Fighting Game builds and I realized the same thing, but that would need a different set of changes.

In order to keep them all straight, I thought it would be easier to have different threads. I'm not planning on working on all of them all the time so I have no illusions that I will have 3-4 threads hopping at once and some of them slip to Page 2 or 3, so be it. I could be wrong and if so, I can just port things back here and I'm going to be linking everything here in addition to on their own threads anyway so there shouldn't be an long term issues. Other than me changing formatting again and then feeling compelled to go back and reformat everything again. ;)
Thorpocalypse

Re: 7 - Batman

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm doing some more updates to my existing builds while work some new stuff. I'm leaning towards lowering the power levels a wee bit for the characters' offense and defenses but I'm pretty good with my Skill ranges. So Batman is a PL12 thanks to his Investigation and Intimidation ranks, but otherwise, he's PL11 on offense and defense.

Instead of PL10 being the "base" level, I'm thinking more 8.5-9 for someone like Nighting or Daredevil who would be the epitome of "base level hero" to me. I'll keep playing around with it.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm Image
I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of the evil that took their lives. By day, I am Bruce Wayne, billionaire philantropist. At night, criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot, call me... Batman. - Batman

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL12

OPL: 11; SPL: 12; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Gotham City, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 11 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+17), Deception 8 (+15), Expertise [Criminology] 10 (+20), Expertise [Science] 5 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+15), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 9 (+16/+22) [Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy, Startle], Investigation 12 (+22) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy, Well-Informed], Perception 13 (+20), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected], Sleight of Hand 12 (+19) [Conceal Efforts, Hide Tampering], Stealth 14 (+20) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 5 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment (+10), Vehicles 5 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (6) (Status – Bat God, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Close Attack (2), Conceal Efforts*, Connected, Contacts, Deep Ties* (2) (Obsession, Responsibility), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (27), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Grabbing Finesse, Hide Tampering*, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (Japanese, French, Russian, Spanish, 6 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Inspiration) (1), Martial Strike (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (3) (Intimidation, Investigation, Stealth), Skill Supremacy* (2) (Intimidation, Investigation), Startle, Takedown (1), Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
The Batsuit: 21 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 17 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 2, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 3 pts
The Cowl: Enhanced Skills 3 (Intimidation 6 ranks), Feature 1 (Batcomputer A.I.), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink (Communication 3 [Radio, Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Bat Family]); 16 pts
The Cape: Flight 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr, Flaw: Gliding, Uncontrolled); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(135 pts)
Grapple Gun: (5 pts)
Grappling: Move Object 4 (Flaw: Limited to pulling towards); 4 pts
Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 2 (Tools, Sleight of Hand/Technology), Concealable; 3 pts
Utility Belt: (35 pts)
Bat Gadgets: Variable 1 (5 pts traits; Any tool or skill equipment, Free Action, Quirk [Limited to 2 equipment points or less]); 6 pts
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 18 pts
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Batarang: Ranged Strength-Based Damage 2, Ricochet 2, Variable Descriptor (Bludgeoning, Slashing); 1 pt
Exploding Batarangs: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 6, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius), Flaw: Diminished Range (5/10/25), Unreliable (5 uses); 1 pt
Bat Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Thermite: Burst Area Damage 9, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius), Triggered, Flaw: Unreliable (5 uses); 1 pt
Smoke Pellet: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pt
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 4, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Resisted by Dodge; Extra: Attack, Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Mini-Tracers: Senses 1 (Tracking [Radio], 5 Mile range); 1 pt
Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Vehicles: (58 pts)
The Batplane: Size - H, Strength - 10, Flight - 11, Def - 8, Tough - 11, Features – Autopilot, Cloaking, Communications 2, Computer, Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Air-to-Air Missiles: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area 8 [30 ft radius], Homing 6); 55 pts
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 11, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Caltrops, Communications 2, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Impervious Toughness 5, Navigation System 2 [+10], Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen,; 1 pt
The Batboat: Size - L, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Communications, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5); 1 pt
The Batpod: Size - M, Strength - 2, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 9, Features - Alarm 4 [DC35], Autopilot, Communications, Computer, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5; 1 pt
Headquarters: (32 pts)
The Batcave/Wayne Manor: Size – H, Tough – 12, Features - Combat Simulator, Communications, Bat Computer 2 [+5 Intelligence Based Skill Checks], Concealed 3 [+20], Defense Systems, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System 4 [DC35], Workshop; 31 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +15
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20; Martial Strike Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Batarangs +6; Bat Shuriken +2, Multiattack; Exploding Batarangs +6, Burst Area]
Special Attack [Thermite +9, Burst Area; Bat Flash Bangs Affliction +6, Burst Area; Bat Tear Gas Affliction +6, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, Two-Face, Catwoman (sometimes) and a litany of others.
Flashbacks: Batman is sometimes stunned by traumatic flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered, especially in connection to Crime Alley, where the killings took place.
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents and the promise he made to rid Gotham of the evil that took their lives.
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Jason Todd, Commissioner Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Barbara Gordon, Zatanna, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman.
Responsibility: Batman sees Gotham as "his city" and protects it fiercely.
Rivalry: It’s more from Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan and Steve Rogers don’t see eye to eye often, either. But there is always respect.
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne that he protects fiercely.

Abilities 118 + Skills 68 (136 ranks) + Advantages 86 + Powers 17 + Defenses 13 = 302 / 302