J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Vile

Re: J-Mart: Sandman, Mysterio, Paste-Pot Pete, Electro, Kraven the Hunter

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thorpocalypse, mind taking a stab at Rick Sanchez?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That sounds like a...

...CHALLENGE! 8-)

I'll try to have it done by the end of the week. The Mrs. fell and hurt her leg pretty bad (no breaks that they can see, MRI tomorrow) so she's laid up and my youngest Thorpocalypse has the stomach flu so I'm playing nurse right now. But seeing as how I won't be leaving the house and they'll sleep eventually, I'll have a little time to work on it. :)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That sounds like a...

...CHALLENGE! 8-)

I'll try to have it done by the end of the week. The Mrs. fell and hurt her leg pretty bad (no breaks that they can see, MRI tomorrow) so she's laid up and my youngest Thorpocalypse has the stomach flu so I'm playing nurse right now. But seeing as how I won't be leaving the house and they'll sleep eventually, I'll have a little time to work on it. :)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm sorry to hear about your family's ailments. I hope they recover and heal well, and as quickly as possible.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 pm That sounds like a...

...CHALLENGE! 8-)

No rush, I just can't find anyone's take on this awesome character. Hope your family gets better soon.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Doctor Vile wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 pm
No rush, I just can't find anyone's take on this awesome character. Hope your family gets better soon.
It is kinda odd. You would have thought Kreuz, Jab, or Gamebook would have knocked one out by now. Back in good old days of the late 2000's Atomic Think Tank, someone would have had Rick and Morty up about 2 hours after the first episode. ;)
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm
It is kinda odd. You would have thought Kreuz, Jab, or Gamebook would have knocked one out by now. Back in good old days of the late 2000's Atomic Think Tank, someone would have had Rick and Morty up about 2 hours after the first episode. ;)
Or I would have nagged Taliesin till he made a build... :lol:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Doctor Vile wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm
Or I would have nagged Taliesin till he made a build... :lol:
Damn, you must be old-school- we haven't heard from him in years :).
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

Yeah, babies and pacifiers. Tal goes to the beginning of 2e. Heck I remember Jab's Iron man as his first entry with a picture. Quite the Pantheon of statters. Check Dweller in the deep. He's got some good builds from awhile back.
Hope all is well Thorp. Bananas are good for settling bad stomachs.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Doc chaos wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:24 am Yeah, babies and pacifiers. Tal goes to the beginning of 2e. Heck I remember Jab's Iron man as his first entry with a picture. Quite the Pantheon of statters. Check Dweller in the deep. He's got some good builds from awhile back.
Hope all is well Thorp. Bananas are good for settling bad stomachs.
LOL- wow, that IS a long time ago. 2008 or 2010- I didn't even recall which of my builds started the "I use pictures" trend. I mean, my first couple (which were OCs) had them, but I didn't realize the cut-off between "hardly ever posts pics" and "now posts pics" was Iron Man!

ah, old times...
Thorpocalypse

313 - Ana Kravinoff

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last item that's hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

... The time to fight has not yet come... The hunt has only just begun. - Ana Kravinoff

ANA KRAVINOFF
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-4
Weight: 120
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Kraven Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+11), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+12), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Animal Sciences] 4 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 8 (+11) [Tracking], Ranged Combat [Thrown Blades] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 5 (+11), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Diehard, Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Swahili, Base: Russian), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Short Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3), Quick Draw, Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Jungle Serum Enhancements: Feature 1 (Longevity), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 4 (30 mph/500 fpr); 6 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Extended, Accurate]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5]
Knives +12 [Knives +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Thrown Blades +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man
Obsession: With proving herself worthy of her father's love
Power Loss: It hasn’t been explained where Ana gets her superhuman abilities, but it is believed she takes the same serum as her father and as such, without it, her stats drop to STR 1, STA 1, AGL 2
Relationships: The Kravinoff family

Abilities 80 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 10 + Defenses 9 = 138 / 138

Build Comments: During The Grim Hunt arc in Amazing Spider-Man, they introduced Kraven’s daughter, Ana, who, unlike her generally sucky brothers Vladimir and Alyosha, has shown to be quite the fighter and schemer, especially for a 12 year old. She also appears to have inherited the family physical abilities, which allowed her to handle Vermin easily and hang with Spidey on her own for a while. At first I thought the 5 Strength was too much, but she outmuscled Vermin and he's a solid 8 in most versions. And she really rocked at the end of the Grim Hunt arc.

Secret Origins: Ana Tatiana Kravinoff is the daughter of Sasha Kravinoff and Sergei Kravnioff better known as Kraven The Hunter. Years after her father’s suicide she began to stalk his archenemy Spider-Man whom she blamed for her father's death. Being careful not to fully trigger his Spider-sense she tracked him to his current apartment with his roommate Vin Gonzales.

The Story so Far: She attacked Peter at his new job at a comic book store and later she kidnapped Vin believing him to be Spider-man after causing him misfortunes all day. She took him to the sewer tunnels used by Vermin seeing it as the perfect place to hunt and kill "Spider-Man". Meanwhile Peter, using one of Daredevil's costumes, began to look for Vin thinking he found his Spider-Man costume. Ana gave Vin a morphine/MGH cocktail thinking he may need to recharge his powers so he would be worthy to hunt. However Vermin arrived to find them in his territory and attacked. Ana overpowered him and then sent Vin into the tunnels so she could hunt him.

Peter went to Vin's precinct to find him and heard the rumor Spider-man had been kidnapped by a girl and that a drug dealer sold her MGH. Peter arrived at dealers local area realizing Vin was the Spider-man that was captured. He fought an enraged Vermin and then found Ana hunting Vin. Both fought her, but she held her own till Vermin arrived for a rematch giving them time to leave.

Ana assisted her family with the resurrection of her father, the original Kraven the Hunter. After their defeat at the hands of Spider-Man, the Kravinoff family escaped to the Savage Land.

Characterization: Ana shares many qualities with her father, Kraven. She either inherited his superhuman physical abilities or ingested the same (or similar) jungle potions that bestowed unto her father his bestial power. She has some degree of superhuman strength and speed and was able to fight Spider-man and Vermin likely due to the herbs her father and brothers used. She has a keen predatory instinct and views almost all others as prey. Ana, like her father, is a trained hunter and martial artist.

Friends and Foes: She worships her father, Kraven and shares his passion for killing “Spiders”.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

314 - Rick Sanchez

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our TV and Movie Aisle! It's definitely a J-Mart Favorite Item!

Well let me check my list of powers and weaknesses: ability to do anything, but only whenever I want. Yeah, that sounds like a job for me.

Listen, Jerry, I don’t want to overstep my bounds or anything. It’s your house. It’s your world. You’re a real Julius Caesar, but I’ll tell you some, tell you how-how I feel about school, Jerry. It’s a waste of time, a bunch of people running around, bumping into each other. G-guy up front says, “two plus two.” The people in the back say, “four.” Then the bell rings, and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can take a dump or something. I mean, it’s—it’s not a place for smart people, Jerry, and I know that’s not a popular opinion, but it’s my two cents on the issue.

An-and I-I-I'll go out and I'll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty! Th-b-because that's what this is all about, Morty! Th-that's my one-armed man! I'm not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty, that was fake! I-I-I'm driven by finding that McNugget sauce! I want that Mulan McNugget sauce, Morty! That's my series arc, Morty! If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget... dipping sauce Szechuan sauce, Morty! That's what's gon-it's gonna take us all the way to the end, Morty! Season nine more seasons, Morty! Nine more seasons until I get that dipping Szechuan sauce! For ninety-seven more years, Morty! I want that McNugget sauce, Morty! - A very small sampling of the quotes of Rick Sanchez

Rick and Morty Wiki

RICK SANCHEZ
PL14

OPL: 14; DPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 140
Eyes: Brown
Hair: White
Race: Human Cyborg (we think)
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Suburb of Seattle Washington, USA
Team Affiliations: Rick and Morty

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 12, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 13 (+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Multiverse] 12 (+24) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 12 (+24) [Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 8 (+20) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 12 (+24) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Treatment (+12), Vehicles 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 – Independently Wealthy [at least]), Close Attack (2), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (5), Favored Foe (Ricks), Favored Foe (Mortys), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (10 others, Base: English), Luck (Inspiration) (2), Ranged Attack (5), Sidekick (15) (Morty), Skill Mastery (3) (Expertise [Multiverse], Expertise [Science], Technology), Speed of Thought*, Takedown (2), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Expertise [Science], Technology), Well-Informed

POWERS:
We'll be right back, folks: Senses 1 (Awareness [Fourth Wall, Mental); 1 pt
Machines Like Me: Feature 1 (Routine break-downs, crashes, and similar problems do not affect you or the technology you operate. The GM should emphasize this); 1 pt
Smartest Man in the Universe: Quickness 5 (Flaw: Mental only); 3 pts
Portal Gun: 12 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 8 pts
Travel the Multiverse: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3 [Any Dimension], Extra: Affects Others, Portal); 12 pts
Rick's Gadgets: 120 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-48 pts); 72 pts
Sometimes science is a lot more art than science. A lot of people don't get that: Variable 15 (75 pts Traits, Technological Descriptor; Extra: Action [Move]); 120 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Smartphone: Feature 4 (Cellular Communication, Photography, PDA [Technology checks involving computers, limited], Digital Video Recording); 3 pts
Multi-Tool: Feature 1 (-2 Skill Checks Requiring Tools); 1 pt
Headquarters: (25 pts)
Size - S, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense Systems, Dimensional Portal, Dual Size, Effect 3 (Pick 'em), Fire Prevention System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System, Workshop; 20 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES: Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Rick consumes a lot of alcohol and other drugs to help him deal with the reality he lives in.
Arrogance: Rick knows he is the smartest man in the universe and he will gladly tell anyone that.
Disability: Rick has an unknown amount of cybernetics in some of his bodies so if they can be disabled or removed, he can suffer consequences.
Enemy: The Council of Ricks, The Galactic Federation and many, many, MANY others.
Hatred: Time Travel. He can do it, but he won't do it anymore because it's a pain in the ass. This is shared by the writers of the show and me, because there is NO TIME TRAVEL IN THE THORPOCAVERSE.
Hedonist: Because of the things he's seen and his world view, Rick often does whatever he wants.
Relationships: Despite his better judgment, he's close to his sidekick/grandson Morty, his daughter Beth, his granddaughter Summer and his best friend (if he can have such a thing), Bird-Person.
Rivalry: With his son-in-law Jerry, who for some reason, he just can't get rid off.
Secret: Yup…there's a lot we don't know about Rick's life before he returned.

Abilities 76 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 55 + Powers 81 + Defenses 19 = 279 / 279

Build Comments: Wubba lubba dub dub!

Something that took me way too long for a number of reasons (mostly lack of focus and time), here is Rick Sanchez from one of my all-time favorite shows, Rick and Morty.

I heard so much hype about the show from friends the ‘net and I finally watched the first couple of episodes not too long after Season 2 ended. About mid-way through the 2nd episode, it hit me that it might be too smart to last. But amazingly enough, it has and I thought Season 3, even though it was kinda up and down at times, was still amazingly well-written.

For the uninitiated, Rick is the smartest man in his multiverse and his sidekick is his grandson Morty who is…not that, but a great foil for Rick. The show is a take on Doc and Marty McFly from Back to the Future, but with a far more twisted bent. Any description of the show I could go into wouldn’t do it justice so I’ll just link to the Wiki and let you have it at from the story standpoint. But I highly recommend just watching it if you can. It’s great on so many levels.

As a build, this is a loosey goosey take on Rick. Like many super scientist types, he seems to have a gadget for evey occasion and whatever he doesn’t have, he can make on the fly with ease. He’s very spry for 70 because he normally has a number of cybernetic enhancements, which I left off because during the series he has switched into a number of clone bodies so you’re never sure what he’s got internally. He’s also got a lifetime of adventuring that’s made him a galactic level hero. Or threat, depending on his mood and intoxication level. I might have gone low on his PL to be honest. In one episode, he took out an Avengers-level (the expy in their universe is the Vindicators, which their episode is one of the great superhero movie parodies of all time IMHO) threat on his own while blackout drunk so he’s not someone you really want to piss off.

Morty and the rest will come eventually once I get bored of fantasy stuff.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: J-Mart: Rick Sanchez

Post by L-Space »

Very nice Rick build Thorp! When the show was first advertised I was super iffy about it, but damn am I glad I gave it a chance because I was instantly hooked!
Formerly luketheduke86
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

Thanks for the Rick build. I did notice you are missing his space car with the A.I. "Keep Summer Safe" :lol:
Last edited by Doctor Vile on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Doctor Vile wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 pm Thank for the Rick build. I did notice you are missing his space car with the A.I. "Keep Summer Safe" :lol:
I thought about adding that but I didn't see it as something he had all the time, plus the powers seem to change depending on the episode. I might add something, though.

I did so love that episode.

"There are pros and cons to every reality, fun facts about this one; it's got giant telepathic spiders, eleven 9/11's, aaaand the best ice cream in the multiverse!"