J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM J-MART!!!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I was hoping to get a couple of builds up that I am thankful for, but time is against me. Here's wishing all of you a safe, fattening and Happy American (as Jab reminded me ;)) Thanksgiving!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:48 pm I was hoping to get a couple of builds up that I am thankful for, but time is against me. Here's wishing all of you a safe, fattening and Happy American (as Jab reminded me ;)) Thanksgiving!
Have a good turkey day
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:48 pm I was hoping to get a couple of builds up that I am thankful for, but time is against me. Here's wishing all of you a safe, fattening and Happy American (as Jab reminded me ;)) Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving J-Mart and J-Mart employees!

May you get double-pay if your doors open tonight 6PM to 2 AM! :P
Thorpocalypse

414 - Krypto

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're back to work after the holiday break! And we're starting off with some new items from our Metropolis location! Check out this J-Mart Favorite Item on Aisle 1!

This one hurt man. Krypto loves man -- Krypto hurt this one. Man loves place. I protect place for man. Krypto good boy. - Krypto

KRYPTO
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: -; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 2-5
Weight: 40
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Skin: Pink
Race: Kryptonian Canine
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Smallville, KS, USA
Team Affiliations: The Superman Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Deception (-2/-4), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (-2), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+3/+7)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Trip, Move-by Action

POWERS:
Dog Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1 [1 mph/15 fpr], -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 13, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 32 pts
Superdog Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Accurate); 2 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Dogs: 32 pt Array; 35 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 14 (Extra: Accurate 4); 32 pts
Sonic Bark: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Sound; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Auditorily Impaired, 2nd: Auditorily Disabled, 3rd: Auditorily Unaware; Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft burst], Flaw: Sense-dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt
Super-Dog Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 27 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 4, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 4], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Scent [Acute, Extended 4, Tracking], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3 (+23 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +14]
Super Dog Bite +9 [Super Dog Bite +15]
Ranged Attack +0
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Sonic Bark Affliction +10, Burst Area; Super Dog Breath +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Krypto cannot speak humanoid languages nor use his paws to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy: He and the Red Lantern Dex-Starr have a vicious rivalry. They fight like…well, you know what they fight like.
Power Loss: Krypto loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 1 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of his powers.
Relationships: He is loyal to the Kent family, but especially with Jon and Conner Kent.
Vulnerable: Krypto is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. He loses his ranks of Impervious and his ranks of Protection against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 70 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 111 + Defenses 7 = 196 / 196

Build Comments: The greatest member of the Superman family, Krypto. What else needs to be said? All other animal sidekicks in comics have him to thank for their gigs. Recognize.

Secret Origins/ The Story so Far: Krypto was an experiment by Jor-el to create a companion for his son. Krypto was implanted with some of the young Kal-el's DNA in order to create a companion with an unbreakable bond. In Krypton's final moments, Jor-El tries to save his family by opening a portal to the Phantom Zone nearly allowing the escape of its incarcerated prisoners. Krypto, aware of the danger they represent, leaps into action to defend his family and is subsequently trapped in the Phantom Zone. The young Kal-El is left in anguish at the loss of his dog.

Later a homeless person tells Clark Kent that he is being watched by a ghost in the form of a white dog later revealed to be Krypto's projection from the Phantom Zone. After the escape of the Phantom King from the phantom Zone Kal-El was able to pull Krypto from the Phantom Zone. However, Krypto was severely injured. Worried, Kal-El carried Krypto into space, and threw him near the Sun, healing Krypto of his injuries.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Krypto is smart for a dog but his intelligence is not on par with that of a human. He possesses a general understanding of speech, and can take direction well. He is also shown to be smart enough to understand most situations involving humans and can take initiative on his own to save the day when needed. He is also very protective of his family and can be ruthless against threats to it.

He has a rivalry with the Red Lantern cat Dex-Starr.
Thorpocalypse

415 - Lex Luthor

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a top new edition to our Villains Line with new item on Aisle 1 as we continue to stock the shelves with merchandise from our Metropolis location!

Give me my legally mandated ten-minute phone call and I can destroy a dam in Hyderabad, score the contracts to rebuild it, seduce your significant other and, as an afterthought, invent a phone you could use to call Mars. - Lex Luthor

LEX LUTHOR
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 13; DPL: 13; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 210
Eyes: Green
Hair: None
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Metropolis, NH, USA
Team Affiliations: Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [12], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 12, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 13 (+18) [Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Business] 8 (+20) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 11 (+23) [Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+13), Investigation 6 (+18) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception (+5), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+10), Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems]) +8 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 11 (+23) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Treatment 1 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (6) (Status – Lex Freakin’ Luthor, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (7), Favored Foe (Superman), Improved Aim, Inventor, Languages (3) (Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin, Farsi, French, 4 others, Base: English), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery (3) (Expertise [Business], Expertise [Science], Technology), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Expertise [Science], Technology), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Luthor Battlesuit: 131 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 105 pts
Armor: Protection 11, Impervious Toughness 11; 22 pts
Life Support System: Immunity 9 (Life Support [minus starvation and thirst]); 9 pts
Thrusters: Flight 12 (8,000 mph; 16 mpr); 24 pts
Sensors: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Radio); 4 pts
Combat Computer: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems] 4 ranks); 9 pts
Communications System: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation); 12 pts
Hydraulic Strength: Enhanced Strength 10; 20 pts
Weapons Systems: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Blaster: Ranged Kryptonite Energy Damage 14; 28 pts
Homing Missiles: Ranged Ballistic Damage 10, Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Homing 2, Linked [Senses]), Senses 1 (Infravision, Linked [Ranged Damage]); 1 pt
Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 9; 1 pt
Surface Shock: Reaction Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude, 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reaction [when touched]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
PDA: Feature 1 (Technology checks involving computers); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Headquarters: (25 pts)
Lexcorp Towers: Size - G, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System [DC35], Workshop); 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2; Battlesuit Unamed +12]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +12 [Pistol +4]
Weapon Systems +12 [Kryptonite Blast +14; Machine Gun +9, Multiattack; Homing Missiles +9, Burst Area

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 in Battlesuit) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 in Battlesuit) [DC18/20]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +15 in Battlesuit, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Luthor is supremely arrogant and confident in his own abilities, but he needs recognition for his achievements.
Daddy Issues: Lex's father Lionel was abusive but Lex still felt a desire for his approval.
Greed: Luthor has always been driven by a desire to have everything he wants, no matter what he has to do to get it.
Obsession: Luthor is obsessed with humbling and destroying Superman.
Rivalry: With Victor Von Doom (top villain), Reed Richards (smartest man), Tony Stark (top tech designer/most popular billionaire), Norman Osborn (visionary/weapons designer).

Abilities 80 + Skills 46 (92 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 105 + Defenses 14 = 283 / 283

Build Comments: Lex is always fun to build. It’s interesting trying to make a non-powered individual the equal of someone like Superman, but if anyone is it, it’s Lex. He’s the smartest, richest, best liar, best planner, and greatest technical mind there is. If he can’t make it, he’ll buy it and whatever he does to Clark, he’ll figure out a way to get away with it.

I decided to go ahead and make the battlesuit part of his main build. This is pretty bare bones, so I will probably take another run at it after I catch up on Action Comics where he has taken over as the protector of Metropolis after the death of New 52 Superman.

Secret Origins: Lex Luthor is the son of Metropolis millionaire Lionel Luthor and his wife Letitia. The Luthor family has a long history with the city of Metropolis. Some of Lex's ancestors were among the pilgrims who founded the city, others were amongst the Native Americans who were there to meet them. Over the centuries, the Luthor family became wealthy and influential. Lex's great-grandfather Wallace Luthor was a millionaire industrialist at the beginning of the 20th Century. He lost his fortune though, in the stock market crash of 1929, and went to his grave a pauper after having to declare bankruptcy. The family fortune was rebuilt by Lionel. Lex, because of Lionel’s abusive nature and alcoholism, had no love for his father, but still found himself wanting to live up to his high expectations. He did love his sister Lena.

In his teens, he lived for a time in Smallville with his aunt Lena, who his sister was named for and there met the young Clark Kent and his friends Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan and Pete Ross. The stand-offish and superior Lex was friendly with Clark for a time, but eventually left Smallville under a cloud of suspicion after his father died in mysterious circumstances (engineered by Lex, though this could not be proved). Leaving his sister in Smallville, Lex went back to Metropolis and took over Luthor Industries. He renamed it LexCorp, shifted the focus to technology and military weaponry, with himself as lead designer on most products and within a few years he became the richest man in the world.

The Story so Far: Lex Luthor is one of the greatest minds on the planet and one of the richest, most charismatic men in the world as well. His LexCorp tech is THE name brand in technology, and while he has ceased designing full-time to focus on other interests, Lex approves every new product that comes out personally. He also never abandoned the industrial side of the business that father, Lionel Luthor, stewarded to the top, and keeps his fingers in that aspect as well, even though he leaves the day-to-day oversight of that side of the business to others.

His face is everywhere, billboards, magazines, product labels, and there is not a week that goes by that he is not being interviewed for a magazine, sitting in on a talk show or producing his webcast that gets more hits than any other business related webcast in the world. In addition, he has a black belt in karate, is a master marksman and by People magazine’s estimation, has donated more money to charity than anyone in history. In short, he has it all.

However…

Characterization: Luthor’s sole ambition in life is to destroy Superman so that he can become humanity’s rightful champion. He was already antisocial and bitter during his childhood and having endured continuous abuse from his father, Luthor murdered him and made his death look like an accident. Since then, Luthor has become more and more ruthless, seeing people as tools to be manipulated or as enemies to be destroyed. His vindictiveness grew even more when Superman first appeared, as Luthor believed the people of Metropolis had replaced him with Superman as the city’s savior. Swearing vengeance on Superman, Luthor has tried to destroy the Man of Steel for an eternity.

Luthor truly sees himself as a hero and Superman as a villain. He believes Superman’s heroic acts are an obstacle for human progress and the super heroes that have come after him are proof of that. Luthor has stated on many occasions that after he destroys Superman, he will work towards the betterment of mankind. However, Superman has proven that Luthor will not keep this supposed promise.

His own great arrogance, intense greed, vindictive jealousy, ruthlessness, megalomania and father issues are his major weaknesses than can be exploited.

Friends and Foes: His loyal chauffer and bodyguard, Mercy Graves, is with him at least 18 hours a day. His most complex relationship is with Clark Kent/Superman. Lex became obsessively jealous of Superman’s popularity when he arrived on the scene and has dedicated himself to bringing the “alien” down and proving himself to be humanity’s true savior. He is also one of the few people who has deduced Superman’s secret identity, mainly because of their relationship in Smallville where Clark was one of Lex’s only friends. Despite all of Lex’s machinations, he and Clark have had moments where Lex has shown that he still values their friendship. Evidence of that is even though Lex knows Superman’s secret identity, he has never shared it with anyone and has never made a move against Clark’s family.

It’s Superman he wants to destroy. Period.
RUSCHE

Re: 415 - Lex Luthor

Post by RUSCHE »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:38 am We've got a top new edition to our Villains Line with new item on Aisle 1 as we continue to stock the shelves with merchandise from our Metropolis location!

Give me my legally mandated ten-minute phone call and I can destroy a dam in Hyderabad, score the contracts to rebuild it, seduce your significant other and, as an afterthought, invent a phone you could use to call Mars. - Lex Luthor

LEX LUTHOR
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 13; DPL: 13; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 210
Eyes: Green
Base of Operations: Metropolis, NH, USA
Team Affiliations: Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [12], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 12, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 13 (+18) [Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Business] 8 (+20) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 11 (+23) [Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+13), Investigation 6 (+18) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception (+5), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+10), Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems]) +8 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 11 (+23) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Treatment 1 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (6) (Status – Lex Freakin’ Luthor, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (7), Favored Foe (Superman), Improved Aim, Inventor, Languages (3) (Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin, Farsi, French, 4 others, Base: English), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery (3) (Expertise [Business], Expertise [Science], Technology), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Expertise [Science], Technology), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Luthor Battlesuit: 131 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 105 pts
Armor: Protection 11, Impervious Toughness 11; 22 pts
Life Support System: Immunity 9 (Life Support [minus starvation and thirst]); 9 pts
Thrusters: Flight 12 (8,000 mph; 16 mpr); 24 pts
Sensors: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Radio); 4 pts
Combat Computer: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems] 4 ranks); 9 pts
Communications System: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation); 12 pts
Hydraulic Strength: Enhanced Strength 10; 20 pts
Weapons Systems: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Blaster: Ranged Kryptonite Energy Damage 14; 28 pts
Homing Missiles: Ranged Ballistic Damage 10, Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Homing 2, Linked [Senses]), Senses 1 (Infravision, Linked [Ranged Damage]); 1 pt
Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 9; 1 pt
Surface Shock: Reaction Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude, 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reaction [when touched]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
PDA: Feature 1 (Technology checks involving computers); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Headquarters: (25 pts)
Lexcorp Towers: Size - G, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System [DC35], Workshop); 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2; Battlesuit Unamed +12]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +12 [Pistol +4]
Weapon Systems +12 [Kryptonite Blast +14; Machine Gun +9, Multiattack; Homing Missiles +9, Burst Area

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 in Battlesuit) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 in Battlesuit) [DC18/20]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +15 in Battlesuit, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Luthor is supremely arrogant and confident in his own abilities, but he needs recognition for his achievements.
Daddy Issues: Lex's father Lionel was abusive but Lex still felt a desire for his approval.
Greed: Luthor has always been driven by a desire to have everything he wants, no matter what he has to do to get it.
Obsession: Luthor is obsessed with humbling and destroying Superman.
Rivalry: With Victor Von Doom (top villain), Reed Richards (smartest man), Tony Stark (top tech designer/most popular billionaire), Norman Osborn (visionary/weapons designer).

Abilities 80 + Skills 46 (92 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 105 + Defenses 14 = 283 / 283

Build Comments: Lex is always fun to build. It’s interesting trying to make a non-powered individual the equal of someone like Superman, but if anyone is it, it’s Lex. He’s the smartest, richest, best liar, best planner, and greatest technical mind there is. If he can’t make it, he’ll buy it and whatever he does to Clark, he’ll figure out a way to get away with it.

I decided to go ahead and make the battlesuit part of his main build. This is pretty bare bones, so I will probably take another run at it after I catch up on Action Comics where he has taken over as the protector of Metropolis after the death of New 52 Superman.

Secret Origins: Lex Luthor is the son of Metropolis millionaire Lionel Luthor and his wife Letitia. The Luthor family has a long history with the city of Metropolis. Some of Lex's ancestors were among the pilgrims who founded the city, others were amongst the Native Americans who were there to meet them. Over the centuries, the Luthor family became wealthy and influential. Lex's great-grandfather Wallace Luthor was a millionaire industrialist at the beginning of the 20th Century. He lost his fortune though, in the stock market crash of 1929, and went to his grave a pauper after having to declare bankruptcy. The family fortune was rebuilt by Lionel. Lex, because of Lionel’s abusive nature and alcoholism, had no love for his father, but still found himself wanting to live up to his high expectations. He did love his sister Lena.

In his teens, he lived for a time in Smallville with his aunt Lena, who his sister was named for and there met the young Clark Kent and his friends Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan and Pete Ross. The stand-offish and superior Lex was friendly with Clark for a time, but eventually left Smallville under a cloud of suspicion after his father died in mysterious circumstances (engineered by Lex, though this could not be proved). Leaving his sister in Smallville, Lex went back to Metropolis and took over Luthor Industries. He renamed it LexCorp, shifted the focus to technology and military weaponry, with himself as lead designer on most products and within a few years he became the richest man in the world.

The Story so Far: Lex Luthor is one of the greatest minds on the planet and one of the richest, most charismatic men in the world as well. His LexCorp tech is THE name brand in technology, and while he has ceased designing full-time to focus on other interests, Lex approves every new product that comes out personally. He also never abandoned the industrial side of the business that father, Lionel Luthor, stewarded to the top, and keeps his fingers in that aspect as well, even though he leaves the day-to-day oversight of that side of the business to others.

His face is everywhere, billboards, magazines, product labels, and there is not a week that goes by that he is not being interviewed for a magazine, sitting in on a talk show or producing his webcast that gets more hits than any other business related webcast in the world. In addition, he has a black belt in karate, is a master marksman and by People magazine’s estimation, has donated more money to charity than anyone in history. In short, he has it all.

However…

Characterization: Luthor’s sole ambition in life is to destroy Superman so that he can become humanity’s rightful champion. He was already antisocial and bitter during his childhood and having endured continuous abuse from his father, Luthor murdered him and made his death look like an accident. Since then, Luthor has become more and more ruthless, seeing people as tools to be manipulated or as enemies to be destroyed. His vindictiveness grew even more when Superman first appeared, as Luthor believed the people of Metropolis had replaced him with Superman as the city’s savior. Swearing vengeance on Superman, Luthor has tried to destroy the Man of Steel for an eternity.

Luthor truly sees himself as a hero and Superman as a villain. He believes Superman’s heroic acts are an obstacle for human progress and the super heroes that have come after him are proof of that. Luthor has stated on many occasions that after he destroys Superman, he will work towards the betterment of mankind. However, Superman has proven that Luthor will not keep this supposed promise.

His own great arrogance, intense greed, vindictive jealousy, ruthlessness, megalomania and father issues are his major weaknesses than can be exploited.

Friends and Foes: His loyal chauffer and bodyguard, Mercy Graves, is with him at least 18 hours a day. His most complex relationship is with Clark Kent/Superman. Lex became obsessively jealous of Superman’s popularity when he arrived on the scene and has dedicated himself to bringing the “alien” down and proving himself to be humanity’s true savior. He is also one of the few people who has deduced Superman’s secret identity, mainly because of their relationship in Smallville where Clark was one of Lex’s only friends. Despite all of Lex’s machinations, he and Clark have had moments where Lex has shown that he still values their friendship. Evidence of that is even though Lex knows Superman’s secret identity, he has never shared it with anyone and has never made a move against Clark’s family.

It’s Superman he wants to destroy. Period.
Love how in Alex Ross's Justice Luthor was summed up perfect, it is not about his wealth, intellectual abilities or even his deeds, he is Superman's most deadly enemy because he cannot be humbled..ever.
Thorpocalypse

416 - Steel

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our truck from Metropolis has lots more merchandise! Check this new item out on Aisle 1!

John Henry fought the machine and won. What I'm fightin' is a deadlier kind of machine -- one I helped put in motion. One I'm gonna stop -- even if it kills me. - Steel

STEEL
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 10; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-7
Weight: 290
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, DE, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; The Brotherhood

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [12], STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+4/+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Weaponer] 11 (+20), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 6 (+9), Stealth (+1), Technology 11 (+20) [Inventor, Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Connected, Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Hammer Strike), Skill Mastery (1) (Technology), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Man of Steel Armor: 94 pts Traits, Removable (-19 pts); 75 pts
Steelworks A.I.: Feature 1 (Armor A.I.); 1 pt
Communications Systems: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Selective); 15 pts
Sensor Array: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited [Sensory powers only]); 7 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 8, Enhanced Strength 3 (800 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting); 19 pts
Man of Iron: Protection 11, Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Limited to physical damage only); 17 pts
Self-Contained Environment: Immunity 11 (Computer Viruses, Life Support); 11 pts
Repulsor Boot Jets: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr); 20 pts

Kinetic Hammer: 30 pt Array, Extra: Feature (Remote Control), Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Thrown Hammer: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 15; 30 pts
Hammer Strike: Strength-based Bludgeoning Damage 2 (Extra: Reach [5 ft]); 1 pt
EMP: Burst Area Nullify Electronics 10 (Extra: Broad, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Simultaneous); 1 pt
EM Sensors: Senses 7 (Ranged Detect EM Energy [Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Headquarters: (15 pts)
Ironworks: Size - Huge, Tough - 15, Features - Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Holding Cells, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +12; Hammer Strike +14]
Ranged Attack +3
Hammer +9 [Hammer Thrown +15]
Special Attack [EMP Nullify +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+15 without Defensive Roll, +6 Impervious vs. Physical Damage), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Legacy: Steel first stepped up to the plate when Superman was killed by Doomsday. Superman has allowed him to continue to wear the insignia of the House of El in honor of his continued bravery. John Henry does his best to live up to the legacy of the Man of Steel.
Relationships: With his niece, Natasha.
Responsibility: Steel feels personally responsible for any of his inventions, and will do what it takes to stop them from being used inappropriately.

Abilities 72 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 93 + Defenses 16 = 213 / 213

Build Comments: Always been a fan of John Henry, despite the lack of creativity in his moniker and origins. Since I have been feeling the Reign of the Supermen with it’s upcoming (or recent depending how long it takes me to post this) animated movie release, I figure he was due for a statting.

Secret Origins: John Henry Irons' parents were murdered when he was young, and he felt that the only way to protect his family was to become rich and powerful. He went to Yale on a sports scholarship before getting hired by Amertek Industries.

Irons, a ballistics expert, enjoyed both wealth and success designing hi-tech weapons for a contractor with government ties. Irons used the money to help his family and was convinced he was doing good. When a series of weapon prototypes, the BG-60s, were leaked to a terrorist cell in Qurac, a fire fight erupted that left many innocent people dead. Irons, flying over to inspect the scene, was horrified at the thought of what his work had led to. He destroyed all the remaining prototypes and attempted to delete all information of a more powerful model, the BG-80, before going into hiding in Metropolis. He got a job as a steelworker under the assumed name Henry Johnson.

One day, a coworker on a high-rise fell, and "Henry" swung out to save him, only to then fall and plummet towards his death. Luckily, Superman saved him. "Henry" told Superman he owed him his life and Superman replied by telling him he should make it count for something.

The Story so Far: Not very long afterwards, Doomsday smashed his way into Metropolis, and Irons tried to reach Superman, only to be buried in a collapsing building. He was not able to free himself until it was too late.

A few weeks later, his weapons are being used by gangs on the street, under the name "Toastmasters". Irons decided he must take action, so he forged a suit of armour, flight boots, and completed the look with an S-emblem and cape. He quickly learned the source of the guns was the mysterious White Rabbit. A neighbour of his, a psychic named Rosie Kratz, insisted that this new "Man of Steel" was in fact Superman, or at least Superman's soul in a new body. At the same time, however, there were three other "Supermen" in Metropolis, all with seemingly stronger claims.

The Man of Steel got to work. Shrugging off an offer of employment by Lex Luthor, he continued to follow the trail of guns to the source. During his effort, he met Lois Lane after he saved her in a manner reminiscent of how she met Superman. Unlike the other imposters, however, the Man of Steel insisted he was not the actual Superman. He also rebuked Superboy for being too reckless. His search led him to the White Rabbit, and as he feared, it was his old partner, Angora, who helped him design the weapons. She offered to make him a partner, and when he refused, she blasted him out a window and fled.

As he attempted to track down White Rabbit, Steel encountered the Eradicator, calling himself the "Last Son of Krypton", who brutally killed a thug who had turned a gun on Irons. Steel criticized the visor-wearing Superman, telling him there was no way he could be the real thing. Enraged, the Eradicator attacked Steel, and they fought until Lois arrived and was able to pull them apart. The Last Son got enraged again when a process server arrived telling him that Superboy had secured the actual rights to the name "Superman". Steel attempted to contain the situation, prompting the Eradicator to launch them almost into orbit before crashing in California. The Eradicator resumed the fight, but Steel was able to battle him to a standstill (at least temporarily) yelling that being Superman was about more than just having power, it was also about having humanity and compassion. The Eradicator withdrew from the battle. Steel got a lift back to Metropolis, where the White Rabbit ambushed him at the airport. Fighting off her thugs, he grabbed her and forced her to take him to her manufacturing plant. She attempted another ambush there, but he broke free. The plant was destroyed and the Rabbit seemingly killed, but Steel knew it was not the end of the Toastmasters.

After Coast City was destroyed, Steel decided to investigate first hand. The Cyborg Superman had announced that he and Superboy were not able to defeat the "Last Son" responsible for the destruction, but Steel did not trust this account. Running into Lois Lane, he found that she was incredulous also. Hearing a nearby disturbance, they found Luthor and Supergirl at the docks, facing a huge Kryptonian war suit. Superboy arrived as Steel knocked down the suit, telling everyone that the Cyborg is the real villain and planned on destroying Metropolis next.

The real Superman emerged from the war suit. Steel and the others were sceptical at first, especially since Superman was powerless and wearing a black costume. Upon being briefed of the situation having and a private conversation with Lois, Superman decided to head for the ruins of Coast City. Steel and Superboy decided to go with him, despite their doubts. Superman borrowed a pair of LexCorp flight boots and they set out, discovering Engine City in the midst of the ruins and launched a frontal attack. They managed to access the city, but Superboy had to quickly leave again to deflect a missile launched for Metropolis.

Steel and Superman continued their way inside where Superman revealed that Supergirl had been with them the entire time, fighting invisible along side them. This only helped affirm to Steel that Superman was who he claimed. The trio encountered Mongul, who announced he has just ordered Engine City to fire its reactors, which would cause the Earth to spin out of orbit. While Superman and Supergirl fight Mongul, Steel went off to stop the reactor. There he encountered the Cyborg, taking on monstrous new forms. Steel desperately gave all he had to grind the engines to a halt, saving the Earth and frustrating the Cyborg's plans.

Steel managed to free himself, but his armour was ruined. Superboy returned and saved him from the Cyborg, while Green Lantern used Steel's hammer to defeat Mongul. In the end, however, Superman had to battle the Cyborg one-on-one, but emerged victorious and back to full strength. Steel, battered and bruised, left the ruins, heading back to Metropolis alongside Superboy and Supergirl via a military transport helicopter.

John has had several adventures on his own and as a member of the Justice League and remains a well respected member of the superhero community.

Characterization: John Henry Irons is an engineer, and a natural athlete who frequently displays an impressive degree of strength.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his family in particular his niece Natasha. He is close to Superman and the Superman family.
Woodclaw

Re: 416 - Steel

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm Build Comments: Always been a fan of John Henry, despite the lack of creativity in his moniker and origins. Since I have been feeling the Reign of the Supermen with it’s upcoming (or recent depending how long it takes me to post this) animated movie release, I figure he was due for a statting.
Considering when they introduced him, I've always been kind of surprised that he turned out to be a rather well balanced character.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

417 - The Eradicator

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More new items from our Metropolis location are hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

No. Superboy, Steel, the three of us once tried to take on the mantle of Superman. We continue to attempt to be worthy of him. If there ever was a time to make him proud-- --that day is today! - The Eradicator

THE ERADICATOR
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 10; DPL: 14; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 225
Eyes: Red/Blue
Hair: Black
Race: Kryptonian Human Cyborg
Identity: Private
Base of Operations: Fortress of Solitude
Team Affiliations: Superman Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 11 (+18), Expertise [Science] 6 (+13), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Diehard, Great Endurance, Languages (3) (English, 9 others, Base: Kryptonian), Power Attack (2) (Blast, Unarmed)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 37 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 37 pt Array; 40 pts
Energy Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Accurate 3, Variable Descriptor 2 [Any energy]); 37 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 11 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 23 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Detect 4 [Extradimensional Beings, Extradimensional Gateways; Mental]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Flash Goggles: Feature 1 (Buys off Light sensitivity complication); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2 (+22 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +2
Energy Blast +10 [Heat Vision +16]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +11, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+18 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Eradicator is obsessed with preserving the culture and knowledge of the planet Krypton, no matter how little of it remains
Power Loss: The Eradicator loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Vulnerable: The Eradicator is very light sensitive because of his enhanced vision. He must wear is goggles or be considered visually disabled.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 108 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 117 + Defenses 17 = 265 / 265

Build Comments: The Eradicator was my least favorite of the Reign of the Supermen foursome. But it feels incomplete to not have him in the Thorpocaverse so I figured I’d whip him up for completeness sake.

Secret Origins: In the distant past, a dying alien race created a number of sentient preservation ships designed to preserve their culture. They sent them into space with contact teams, intent on meeting other civilizations. When a small group of these aliens arrived on the planet Krypton, they were met by the militant Kem-L, who killed them (though one survived) and altered their ship. Its new mission was to preserve his ideal of Kryptonian culture by eradicating all others - and thus the device became known as the "Eradicator." In its original form, the Eradicator resembled a stylized small rocket. Its top section was a prolate spheroid, which exuded a blue glow and was approximately three times the size of an egg. This was connected via four thin mount brackets to a glossy orange tail fin section of equal length. The ten equally spaced fins each had the shape of a pointed quarter ellipse, with the tapered end extending slightly beyond the rear of the squat main cylindrical body tube.

The Story so Far: The surviving alien, The Cleric, took the Eradicator and left Krypton with a group of Kryptonian followers, but they died soon thereafter, because the proximity to their planet was required for them to live. The Cleric kept the Eradicator for 200,000 years, until he encountered Superman on Warworld. With the device, the two exchanged memories, and the Cleric had a vision of Superman's death at the hands of Mongul. The Cleric wished to prevent this from happening, and the Eradicator transported them to his asteroid. He noticed that the device changed to protect Krypton's sole survivor, and they used it to heal their wounds, both physical and spiritual. Upon giving the Eradicator to Superman, Cleric rapidly aged and died as the link to the Eradicator extending his life was severed.

The Eradicator returned years later. It created a body for itself based on Superman's, by tapping into the solar energy reserves of Superman's corpse and by creating an energy matter flux through which it was able to grant itself a pseudo organic form. This experience caused the eradicator to briefly believe itself to be a Kryptonian: in fact, it had deluded itself into believing it was Superman himself.

During this time, due to its enhanced senses, the Eradicator had to wear a special visor designed to cut down visible light, since its eyes were particularly sensitive to it. As a humanoid, the Eradicator joined forces with Superman to fight the Cyborg and stop him from destroying Metropolis. This was the second encounter between the two, as the Cyborg had nearly killed the Eradicator in a battle during the obliteration of Coast City. The Eradicator, after having his identity to him revealed by the robots from the Fortress of Solitude, drained all the energy from it and regenerated and changed the appearance of his body. He was seemingly killed in an attempt to shield Superman from a lethal blast of Kryptonite-based fuel (the lessened blast of which helped fully restore Superman's powers).

Following Superman's return, the Eradicator's apparently dead body was examined at S.T.A.R. Labs, and merged with Dr. David Connor. The merged Eradicator joined the Outsiders, and occasionally teamed up with Superman. The Eradicator dealt with Dr. Connor's personal life, and more of the device's history was revealed.

Characterization: The Eradicator’s sole purpose is to preserve the legacy of Krypton no matter how little is left.

Friends and Foes: The Eradicator has allied with remaining Kryptonians and will oppose any being that attempts to end their existence.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart: Krypto, Lex Luthor, Steel, The Eradicator

Post by Woodclaw »

In one of my attempts of a merged universe I mixed the Eradicator with the Matrix Supergirl.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm In one of my attempts of a merged universe I mixed the Eradicator with the Matrix Supergirl.
That's a good idea. I thought Matrix was a neat concept but definitely could have used a background like The Eradicator's to help her fit in better.
Thorpocalypse

418 - Cyborg Superman

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've unloaded another new item off our truck from Metropolis and it's a new addition to our Villains Line!

Life is an endless cycle of betrayal and murder and pain. I ended that hideous thing called life for so many when I destroyed Coast City. You tried to kill me for it. But I forgive you, Hal Jordan. - Cyborg Superman

CYBORG SUPERMAN
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 8; DPL: 14; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 500
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair/Metallic
Race: Human Kryptonian Cyborg
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Superman Revenge Squad; The Manhunter

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+4), Expertise [Science] 6 (+13), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status 6 – Grandmaster of the Manhunters), Diehard, Favored Foe (Superman), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Ranged Attack (7), Speed of Thought*

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 37 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 32 pt Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 16; 32 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

Electronic Consciousness: Immortality 19 (2 rounds; Flaw: Limited to having an electronic device to transmit consciousness into); 19 pts
Interface: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood by Machines), Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide; Flaw: Limited to machines); 18 pts
Cyberpathy: 24 pt Array; 25 pts
Animate Machines: Summon Animated Object 8 (120 pt Object; Extra: Controlled, General Type [Machines], Flaw: Self-Powered); 24 pts
Control Technology: Perception Ranged Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Technology skill or Will; 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Range [Perception Ranged], Flaw: Limited Degree [third degree only], Affects Objects Only, Limited [to Technology]); 1 pt

Technomorphing: 35 pt Array; 39 pts
Arm Blaster: Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Electromagnetic]); 35 pts
Arm Tentacles: Cumulative Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Accurate, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Techno Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Accurate, Penetrating 15, Reach [5 ft], Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +18]
Arm Claws +10 [Techno Claws +18]
Arm Tentacles +10 [Arm Tentacles Affliction +14]
Ranged Attack +10 [Heat Vision +16; Arm Blast +17]
Special Attack [Control Technology Affliction +14, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Cyborg Superman’s body is largely mechanical, and cannot heal normally.
Hatred: Superman.
Power Loss: Hank Henshaw loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Vulnerable: Since his physiology is mostly Kryptonian, he is vulnerable to Kryptonite. Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 118 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 211 + Defenses 15 = 370 / 370

Build Comments: The last of the Reigning Supermen (I did Kon-El a while back), the Cyborg Superman. I really like Hank Henshaw as a villain. His schtick of being a vindictive scientist that somehow managed to gain Superman’s powers and used them and his symbol to wreak havoc is pretty fun. Not so sure about all his inclusion with the Green Lantern-verse, but most of his time hassling them has been pretty decent.

Secret Origins: Hank Henshaw first was a crew member of the doomed LexCorp space shuttle Excalibur. Hank and the other three members of the Excalibur crew, which include his wife, Terri were exposed to cosmic radiation, resulting in the crash of their shuttle. As a result of the radiation exposure, the human bodies of two crew members were destroyed. However, their minds survived and they were able to construct new bodies out of pure cosmic radiation and bits of earth and the shuttle. Initially, Henshaw and his wife suffered no ill effects from the radiation and the crew traveled to Metropolis, in the hope of using LexCorp facilities to cure their transformed crew mates. During a brief battle with Superman, the crew member now composed of radiation became unhinged and flew into the sun. By this time, Henshaw's body had begun to rapidly decay while his wife was beginning to phase into an alternate dimension. With Superman's help, Henshaw was able to use the LexCorp facilities to save Terri, but died immediately afterwards. The remaining member of the shuttle crew committed suicide using an MRI booth.

However, Hank Henshaw had not truly died. Though his physical body had expired, he was able to transfer his consciousness into the LexCorp's mainframe. Now able to control technology, Henshaw appeared to his wife in a robotic body; the shock of the shuttle accident, Henshaw's death and his bizarre rebirth was too much for Terri and eventually led to her insanity and death. By this point, Henshaw's electronic consciousness had begun to disrupt Earth's communications networks. Using NASA communications equipment, Henshaw beamed his mind into the ship that carried Superman from Krypton to Earth as an infant and gained access to the Kryptonian codex. Henshaw crafted a small exploration craft it and departed the planet.

The Story so Far: Henshaw spent some time traveling between planets; bonding with local lifeforms to learn about the culture and history of various worlds. Over time, Henshaw became delusional and paranoid, believing that Superman had caused the deaths of himself and his wife, then driven him from the Earth. Arriving on a planet controlled by alien overlord Mongul, Henshaw learned of the Warworld and forcibly recruited Mongul as part of a plan for revenge against Superman.

With Superman dead after his battle with Doomsday, Henshaw was unable to directly seek revenge against the man he had come to perceive as his enemy and instead sought to destroy Superman's reputation. To that end, the Cyborg claimed to be Superman reborn; using knowledge obtained from the codex to construct a cybernetic body with organic portions genetically identical to Superman and technological components built with Kryptonian alloys. Along with destroying a Superman memorial plaque in front of the Daily Planet, the Cyborg exiled Doomsday into space and defended the President of the United States from an assassination attempt. As a result of the latter incident, the White House endorsed the Cyborg as the 'true' Superman and he provided the President with a communications device. When confronted by Lois Lane, the Cyborg claimed his memory was "blurry" but he could see a "spaceship on a farm. The name 'Kent'", suggesting Henshaw may be aware of Superman's secret identity.

When an alien ship appeared over Coast City, the Cyborg revealed his true intentions, attacking and severely injuring the Eradicator as Mongul's craft destroyed the city, killing millions. After being confronted by the resurrected Superman and his allies, The Cyborg lured Superman and the Eradicator to the Engine City main reactor and attempted to kill Superman with the Kryptonite that powered the engine. Henshaw attempted to kill Superman using a concentrated blast of Kryptonite radiation, but the Eradicator intercepted the blast at the expense of his own life. As the Kryptonite energy passed through the Eradicator, the radiation was altered and acted to restore Superman's powers. Superman was then able to easily defeat the Cyborg (partially due to the Kryptonite weakening the Cyborg's Kryptonian form) by vibrating Henshaw's body to pieces.

Before exiling Doomsday into space, Henshaw had installed a device on the monster to allow him to detect if Doomsday were to ever escape. After the destruction of his 'Cyborg Superman' body, Henshaw transferred his consciousness into this device, as Doomsday was "the safest place in the galaxy" for the Cyborg to hide. Doomsday was eventually brought on board a space cruiser and managed to escape, landing on Apokolips. Henshaw re-emerged once again, reconfiguring an exo-armored Apokoliptian trooper into a new body, establishing his standard appearance with long hair and red armor, and began to lay siege to Apokolips alongside Doomsday. The Cyborg successfully took over most of Apokolips, but was destroyed by Darkseid's Omega Beams after a short battle with Superman.

Darkseid's attack did not kill the Cyborg; rather, the Omega Effect had stored Henshaw's consciousness in a small orb, with Darkseid planning to use the Cyborg against Superman at a later date. D arkseid eventually freed Henshaw, with the understanding that Henshaw was to leave Apokolips and never return. After an altercation with an intergalactic 'tribunal' that he had betrayed after assisting them in trying Superman for Kryptonian crimes, they found the Cyborg guilty of genocide in his attack on Coast City and sentenced him to death. As an electronic consciousness, Henshaw could not be killed by normal means and was transported beyond the event horizon of a black hole, where not even energy could escape from the gravity.

Rather than being destroyed, the Cyborg was transported to another universe. The Cyborg destroyed a planet in another attempt to recreate Warworld, attracting the attention of the Silver Surfer. Their short battle was interrupted by the arrival of Parallax (Hal Jordan), who had been tracking the Cyborg for some time, seeking vengeance for the destruction of Coast City. In the confusion, Henshaw managed to escape and was returned to his native universe.

Henshaw eventually made his way to Sector 3601, to Biot, the homeworld of the Manhunters, where he became their new Grandmaster. He gathered many Green Lanterns who were previously thought to be dead and used them as power sources for his new model of Manhunters, the Highmasters. However, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner discovered his operation. Jordan and Arisia combined the might of their power rings with one of the Highmasters, destroying the organic portion of Henshaw's body and most of Biot.
Henshaw remained in custody on Oa until he was freed, along with Superboy-Prime, by a strike force of Sinestro Corps members. He was brought to Qward, where he was made into a herald of the Anti-Monitor, along with Superboy-Prime and the Parallax-possessed Kyle Rayner. However, Henshaw's only reason he joined the Sinestro Corps was that he has been promised to a final death at the hands of the Anti-Monitor as a reward for helping the Anti-Monitor achieve his goals. A death he has longed for that none even Superman can seem to give him.
Henshaw and his Manhunters headed to Earth to assist the Sinestro Corps in their attack. En route, Henshaw stops leading the Manhunters, which continue to their pre-programmed destinations. As he watched them go, he remembered everything that has happened to him; from their dreadful shuttle accident to his wife's suicide when she sees him in his robot form. He finishes this journey of his mind by going to his wife's grave. He dug her corpse out and ripped it into two, shouting that all he wants is not to be with her, but for these memories to fade.

After another altercation with Superman, when the Green Lantern Corps decided to detonate New Warworld and the Qwardian Central Power Battery of the Sinestro Corps to destroy the Anti-Monitor, Henshaw was trapped behind a shield and exposed to the massive explosion. Before he is finally killed, however, he is able to thank the Green Lantern Corps for their mercy in ending his life. A small fraction of Henshaw's corpse was found after the explosion. The Manhunters confirmed that he had perished, but were confused without his leadership. Seeking the leadership "programming" of their grandmaster, the Manhunters funnel a massive amount of energy into the Cyborg Superman, and he experienced yet another resurrection, crying when he realized he is alive yet again

Henshaw abandoned the Manhunters and was later present during the Blackest Night, trying again to seek his death. Henshaw attempted to provoke Nekron into killing him, but failed as he lacked a heart to attract Nekron's interest. A distraught Henshaw was then approached by an unknown being, who told him that the Guardian Ganthet held the knowledge to destroy him permanently. Henshaw followed this advice and approached Ganthet, coming into an agreement in working with Alpha Lanterns, with the intentions to augment every Green Lantern, including Ganthet, into an Alpha. His purpose of working with the Alpha Lanterns is to alter himself, such that he will be mortal again. He begins experiments on the Alpha Lanterns to reverse-engineer their cyborg attributes into humans. Despite killing several Alpha Lanterns, Hank was ultimately successful in devising a way to reverse-engineer some of the Alpha Lanterns. Before Henshaw can force Ganthet to perform his new surgery on himself, the Green Lantern Corps spoiled his plans and destroyed his physical body. Hank then tried to transfer his consciousness into Boodikka. During this attempted transfer of consciousness Boodikka overpowered Henshaw with willpower and cuts his essence in half, thus destroying Henshaw.

However, with Boodikka’s death during the War of the Green Lanterns, Henshaw’s consciousness awoke and escaped he has rebuilt himself and since he realizes he can never be human again, he has sworn to destroy all organic life, starting with Superman.

Characterization: Henshaw is extremely delusional and psychotic and has a great desire to eradicate or control organic life. He also has a death wish that he has been unable to quench, no matter how many times it seems that he is destroyed.

Friends and Foes: He has a great hatred for Superman and has become a recurring foe of the Green Lantern Corps.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm In one of my attempts of a merged universe I mixed the Eradicator with the Matrix Supergirl.
That's a good idea. I thought Matrix was a neat concept but definitely could have used a background like The Eradicator's to help her fit in better.
If Death of Superman ever got a do-over, the Matrix Supergirl could have been swapped with Miss Martian and you'd only have to change her visually. In terms of powers and personality, the two are virtually identical.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 410 - Bernadeth

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:24 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Gilliam wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 am
HI Thorp is there an issue with your photbucket account as all your images have vanished?
That's odd. Everything looks fine to me. I can see the pictures on my phone and at work.
The pictures are showing up fine for me as well.
Oddly, now I see some of my pics at work and on my phone and some I don't. Any thoughts, Ares? Do I need to change a setting or something?
Thorpocalypse

419 - Bizarro

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got one more new item from our Metropolis location and it's a J-Mart Favorite Item! Check it out on Aisle 1!

Bizarro am Racer Cool's number one friend! - Bizarro

BIZARRO
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 9; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Eyes: Black
Skin: White
Race: Kryptonian Clone
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (-1), Intimidation 9 (+8), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Weaker Than Kitten: Enhanced Strength 6 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Fragility: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 36 pts
Slower than Snail: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Not Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Slow: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Lost in Space: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Below Those of Mortal Men: 35 pt Array; 38 pts
Heat Breath: Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Accurate 3); 35 pts
Super Bad Breath: Cone Area Move Object 11 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Vision: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Not Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +1
Heat Breath +8 [Heat Breath +16]
Special Attack [Freeze Vision +11, Cone Area; Super Bad Breath Move Object +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Everything he does, no matter how inexplicable, stems from a heartfelt desire to find his place in the world.
Relationships: Bizarro am Racer Cool's #1 friend.
Weakness: Blue kryptonite weakens Bizarro in the same manner the green variety hurts Superman. Its radiation saps Bizarro’s Strength and powers, leaving him impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.
Vulnerable: Being an imperfect clone of Superman, Bizarro's solar absorption is flawed and if he spends too much time in the direct sunlight, his skin begins to calcify and could eventually burn himself out.

Abilities 78 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 115 + Defenses 11 = 213 / 213

Build Comments: I love Bizarro in all his incarnations and I am geeked up to read the Red Hood and the Outlaws TBP I got where he and Artemis are part of the team.

Oops, said that wrong…

Thorpocalypse no geeked up for Bizarro in book. Me think it will suck. Me not buy book. Me skinny…

I read a lot of the silly Superman Family books as a kid in the 70’s and I always loved the Bizarro World stuff, even though now, I realize how ridiculous it was. Now that I am a mature adult (keep your comments to yourselves, please) my favorite Bizarro version is the one that Matt Wagner did in his Trinity book with his take on the first meeting of Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman so that’s how I built him for The Thorpacoverse.

In that book, he was one of Luthor’s flawed clones of Superman that Ra’s Al Ghul (who Bizarro calls Racer Cool, classic) located and was using to help with one of his world domination plans. Only problem was that his solar absorption was messed up and he was actually burning out the entire time so he had to be kept in cold/dark places between uses so he wouldn’t croak. Superman was able to handle him pretty easy every time they met in that book, so I put him a level below my Clark, but he’s still a beast for anyone else to deal with.

He didn't use his Flame Breath or Freeze Vision in the book, but come on, that is forever funny stuff!

Secret Origins: Bizarro is a failed clone of Superman that was created by Lex Luthor and his some of his top scientists. While close in power to Superman, they couldn’t get the solar absorption process correct so his skin calcifies quickly with prolonged exposure to sunlight. In order to salvage some of their work, they put him in suspended animation and store him

The Story so Far: Ra’s Al Ghul found out about Bizarro and used him in one of his schemes called The Purge. He fought Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, but Superman was able to defeat him and have him put on ice again. He was accidentally awakened by Krypto and Superboy and flew off to parts unknown.

Characterization: He am Bizarro. He am Number 1.

Friends and Foes: Bizarro has the mentality of a small child, so if you are nice to him, he will be nice to you. If you hurt him, or break his stuff, watch out.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.