Ken's Kache of Khracters (Star Knights; Lumpy; Psibertron; Ronin)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: All We Need is a Miracle

Post by Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Ken wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Captain Miracle (V) - PL 11

Strength 14/0, Stamina 14/0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6/2, Intellect 2/0, Awareness 7/3, Presence 4/0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Status 2: he's Captain Miracle, Connected, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Holding Back, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+8/+7), Insight 3 (+10), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+10/+8), Sleight of Hand 2 (+4), Technology 2 (+4)

Powers
Aged to Adulthood: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Strength +1 (+14), Stamina +1 (+14))
. . Just a Kid: Enhanced Trait 4 (Alternate; Advantages: Disarming 4)
I need a Miracle!: Feature 1 (instant transformation between christian and captain miracle)
I'm Captain Miracle!: Enhanced Trait 86 (Traits: Stamina +13 (+14), Fighting +4 (+6), Awareness +4 (+7), Intellect +2 (+2), Presence +4 (+4), Dodge +4 (+6), Toughness +2 (+16), Will +1 (+8), Expertise +2 (+4), Perception +2 (+10), Ranged Combat +3 (+5), Treatment +2 (+4), Close Combat +1 (+8), Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Status 2: he's Captain Miracle, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Holding Back, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage)
Miracle of Invulnerability
. . Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support)
. . Impervious Toughness 13
. . Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Miracle of Motion
. . Miracle of Flight: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
. . Miracle of Speed
. . . . Quickness 9 (Perform routine tasks in -9 time ranks)
. . . . Speed 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
Miracle of Strength: Enhanced Strength 14 (+14 STR; Limited to Lifting [1 rank only])
Miracle of the Mind: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Understand All, Advantages: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Jack-of-all-trades; Sustained)
We Need a Miracle: Variable 1 (Action 2: free)

Power Settings
Champions-Style Haymaker (Powers: Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 4)
Faster Haymaker (Powers: Faster Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 6)
Faster Recovery (Powers: Regeneration 5)
Here's Your Miracle (Powers: Here's Your Miracle: Perception Area Enhanced Trait 1)
Hyper Flight (Powers: Hyper Flight: Flight 5)
Man Was Not Meant To Know (Powers: Man Was Not Meant to Know: Movement 1)
Miracle of Lifting (Powers: Miracle of Lifting: Enhanced Strength 5)
Miracle of the Mind, Part 2 (Powers: Translation Complete: Comprehend 2)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-107 2, Comtributions to CoJ stuff 2, Hawk Communicator (Commlink)

Offense
Initiative +10
Faster Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 6, +2 (DC 35)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 24)
Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 4, +4 (DC 33)
Throw, +7 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Age: Christian is a 14 year old boy with all of the physical, social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Enemy: Christian is hunted by his uncle, Mr. Omega.
Responsibility: Christian inherited the Captain Miracle entity and responsibilities to do good from his father and other ancestors.
Secret Identity / Power Loss: Christian Cameron has no powers, few advantages, STR 0, STA 0, FGT 2, INT 0, AWE 3, and PRE 0 in normal form.
The Legion Pact: While definately the more experienced member of the team (while in hero form), former Legion of Champions heroes have taken an unspoken pact to allow the next generation to step up rather than take leadership upon themselves.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6/2, Parry 6, Fortitude 14, Toughness 16/14, Will 8/7

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 184 + Advantages 2 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 210

Personal Details
Captain Miracle first appearred on the morning of 7 December, 1941 at Pearl Harbor, Hawai'i. It is believed that the damage wrought by the Japanese fleet would have been far worse if not for his arrival. He continued to fight for America and the Allies throughout the war. Having issues with bombing civilians, he was believed to be killed by the atomic bomb in Hiroshima. He reappeared nearly five years later, and was a charter member of the Legion of Champions. There were two times, during the Cuban Missile Crisis and Nixon's trip to China, when, again, he was believed to be killed, only to reappear a few years later.

He is rumored to be one of the instigators in the break-up of the Legion of Champions, and he was apparently retired for several years. However, when the modern age of heroes was beginning, Captain Miracle was once again active, this time acting as the elder statesman for the Windy City Warriors in Chicago. This was ended when Professor Mercury attempted nuclear blackmail on the city of Chicago. While removing the nuclear device into space, Captain Miracle was apparently lost again.

But, shortly after the Hawk formed, Captain Miracle once again returned, and joined the Chicago superteam, declining joining the Champions of Justice, who by then had become the definitive heirs to the Legion of Champions. Captain Miracle remained with the Hawk, acting as the bulwark for the team throughout many incarnations. When the Hawk was annexed into the Champions of Justice, the Captain still declined full membership. He has been seen less often recently, most often in the company of his old Legion teammates Doctor Radio and Amazon Grace.

Real Life Stuff
So, back in 1994, I was joining a friend's extant campaign while simultaneously working on fixing a damaged friendship with said friend. So rather than saying "this is what I want to play", I asked Jim "what kind of character do you need for the campaign?" Jim explained that the Hawk had ended up considerably darker than he had wanted, and commented that there was one character everyone seemed to be intimidated by. And I realised that what was called for was a riff on Captain Marvel. Jim agreed. And well, here he is.

He was designed to operate primarily at one level, but be capable of operating at the "earth-shattering" level in a pinch. After a number of different methods were tried, including the one that used to be in this spot, I read Hero High and the Holding Back advantage. Jim and I agreed that this is what we needed to represent the Captain's two different sets of abilities. The one that I actually used in play, and one that was saved for the cosmic emergencies.
Revised the Captain.

Ken

The Streak (the Saracen)

Post by Ken » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 pm
-The Streak is, if anything, a WORSE name for a Super-Speedster than The Whizzer is! Amazing, I know.

Streak - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 7, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 6, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 5 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Technology 1 (+3)

Powers
Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Custom: Friction Heat 1)
Hypermetabolism: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2)
Starfish Healing: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Super Speed (Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 7, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2)
. . Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+14), Parry +8 (+14))
. . Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone; Limited: Only while Moving)
. . Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks)
. . Speed 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Super Speed Stunts Array
. . Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Multiattack [5 extra ranks], Penetrating 8)
. . Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 17, Concentration)
. . Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (25 tons; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 20; Reduced Range: close)

Equipment
Commlink, Kaleidiscope Uniform [Perception Area Dazzle 6, Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2]

Offense
Initiative +26
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 15)
Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 23)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 20)
Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (DC Fort 17)
Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)

Complications
Pseudo-Intellectual: Jonah plays at being smarter than he really is, and carries himself in the manner of an "Intellectual".
Unintentionally? Annoying: Jonah being annoying is something he has a natural talent for, and it's not something he does deliberately. Well, Jonah-prime, anyway. His evil clone?

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14/6, Parry 14/6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 84 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 178

Background Details: So, a looooong time ago, Neil and Andy had this campaign called the Crusaders. One of the Crusaders was a super-speedster called Kaleidoscope. Now because I accept that Andy is a paranoid f*ck, I will never directly detail Andy's creations here. But, a few decades back, the "cleverly" named Hero ended up with an evil clone called "the Villain". And eventually, I had the villain unleash evil clones of all the Crusaders called "the Saracen".

Kaleidoscope's thing was a terrible multicoloured costume that would, while he ran, make a kaleidoscope effect. So, I had to come up with something MORE obnoxious for his evil clone. He became the Streak. Don't look Ethel.

Does pixilating his junk make it more obvious?

Gamebook

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (oh, yes, I called him the Streak)

Post by Gamebook » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Speedsters seem more prone to silly names than any other type of superhero. Even 'The Flash' can be taken as an unfortunate title.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (oh, yes, I called him the Streak)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:29 am

I'd been missing this thread. You got any more PCs for us :)?

Goldar

Re: The Streak (the Saracen)

Post by Goldar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Ken wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am
Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 pm
-The Streak is, if anything, a WORSE name for a Super-Speedster than The Whizzer is! Amazing, I know.

Streak - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 7, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 6, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 5 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Technology 1 (+3)

Powers
Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Custom: Friction Heat 1)
Hypermetabolism: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2)
Starfish Healing: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Super Speed (Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 7, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2)
. . Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+14), Parry +8 (+14))
. . Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone; Limited: Only while Moving)
. . Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks)
. . Speed 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Super Speed Stunts Array
. . Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Multiattack [5 extra ranks], Penetrating 8)
. . Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 17, Concentration)
. . Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (25 tons; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 20; Reduced Range: close)

Equipment
Commlink, Kaleidiscope Uniform [Perception Area Dazzle 6, Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2]

Offense
Initiative +26
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 15)
Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 23)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 20)
Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (DC Fort 17)
Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)

Complications
Pseudo-Intellectual: Jonah plays at being smarter than he really is, and carries himself in the manner of an "Intellectual".
Unintentionally? Annoying: Jonah being annoying is something he has a natural talent for, and it's not something he does deliberately. Well, Jonah-prime, anyway. His evil clone?

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14/6, Parry 14/6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 84 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 178

Background Details: So, a looooong time ago, Neil and Andy had this campaign called the Crusaders. One of the Crusaders was a super-speedster called Kaleidoscope. Now because I accept that Andy is a paranoid f*ck, I will never directly detail Andy's creations here. But, a few decades back, the "cleverly" named Hero ended up with an evil clone called "the Villain". And eventually, I had the villain unleash evil clones of all the Crusaders called "the Saracen".

Kaleidoscope's thing was a terrible multicoloured costume that would, while he ran, make a kaleidoscope effect. So, I had to come up with something MORE obnoxious for his evil clone. He became the Streak. Don't look Ethel.

Does pixilating his junk make it more obvious?
Yeah. I thought he had herpes. Or a bad reaction from dying his hair red, lol. But I do like it! I think it needs to be made to stand out, with him being evil and all.

I like your ideas and the history you give on each character! You really put time in back then and now on all of these characters. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ken

Capitán Neutron

Post by Ken » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Capitán Neutron - PL 9

Strength 8/3, Stamina 8/3, Agility 7/3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7/4, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Chokehold, Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Holding Back 2, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Languages 1, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+12), Athletics 7 (+15), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Biochemistry 9 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+8), Investigation 3 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 3 (+10/+6), Technology 2 (+5), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Bulletproof Uniform: Impervious Toughness 5
RCS3FC Pills (Activation: Move Action)
. . Bulletproof: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
. . Enhanced Performance plus: Enhanced Strength 1 (+1 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Enhanced Performance: Enhanced Trait 40 (Traits: Agility +4 (+7), Fighting +3 (+7), Stamina +5 (+8), Strength +5 (+8), Ranged Combat +4 (+10), Advantages: Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash)
. . Jump to the Rooftops: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
. . . . Speed: Speed 4 (Alternate; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
RCS4FC: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Holding Back 2; Activation: move action)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Savantphone)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +10 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 23)

Complications
Power Loss: Desideio's powers only last no more than 5 hours (1d20 x 15 minutes) per dose, and he must wait an hour (or however long the power lasted, whichever is less), before redosing with RCS3FC.
Responsibility: Desideio Delezon feels he must use the drug induced power of the RCS3FC to stop the Mexican drug cartels.

Languages
English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 11/9, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 52 + Advantages 13 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 145

Background: Desideio Delezon is a Mexican biochemist who, after being forced to work for the Cartels, decided to fight back, using his biochemical knowledge to concoct a formula that gives him temporary super powers.

Real Life Stuff: Somewhen around '90 or '91, I created the original version of this character for what ended up being a one-shot Villains and Vigilantes game. Basically, he's a riff on the Hourman idea. Rex Tyler has been one of my favourites for a long time. Several months later, I rewrote him for a non-RCU Champions campaign of Jim's that Jim doesn't even remember. It was after his White Knights (see Ham Mulligan), and before he took on the D.C. Defenders (see Emerald Knight). It was very, very brief. I built this guy, and Doug built a speedster called Doppler.

Several years later, we were converting the RCU to DCA. And I still have a sheet for this guy. So we decide to put him and Doppler right at the border between the southern border of Texas (Doppler), and the Mexican town across the border (el Capitan). This necessitated Derek Donovan becoming Desideio Delezon. And one other change was needed. This guy was originally called Captain Miracle. It turns out, my other Captain Miracle was actually called Captain Neutron for the first several months, until his origin developed. So, with the Miracle name taken, this guy got the discarded Captain Neutron, which was then converted to Spanish. And in about 2.5 weeks I'll be playing him for the first time since the early 90s.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Capitán Neutron)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 am

Yay! Another one! I'm actually impressed at how many of your characters tend to be foreigners, or of non-standard origin. I dig the Hourman theme/complications, as it means he has strong limits that define stories- not just little things that might come up once in a while, or things that soon become cliches (Superman & Kryptonite).

Ken

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Capitán Neutron)

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 am
Yay! Another one! I'm actually impressed at how many of your characters tend to be foreigners, or of non-standard origin. I dig the Hourman theme/complications, as it means he has strong limits that define stories- not just little things that might come up once in a while, or things that soon become cliches (Superman & Kryptonite).
It also helps that Hourman is a favourite of mine of the golden-age heroes.

As far as the foreign origin thing goes, I figure the world is a big place.

Ken

Sirius, the Dog Star

Post by Ken » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Sirius, the Dog Star - PL 12

Strength 11, Stamina 11, Agility 1, Dexterity -2, Fighting 9, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence -2

Advantages
Benefit, Cipher 2, Close Attack 3, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Intimidation), Favored Environment: bright, directly lit areas, Improved Critical 3: Eye Beams, Improved Initiative 3, Move-by Action, Startle

Skills
Athletics 1 (+12), Expertise: His "Pack" 2 (+0), Stealth 1 (+4/+2)

Powers
Canine Communication: Comprehend 2 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand; Broad Type: Canines)
Dog Bite and Claws: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 27)
Dog Senses: Senses 5 (Accurate: Smell, Acute: Smell, Tracking: Smell 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing)
Dog Size and Abilities: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +1 (+10), Parry +1 (+10), Stealth +2 (+4), Intimidation +7 (+5), Perception +7 (+8); Innate; Permanent)
Defying Gravity
. . Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Energy Manipulation
. . Eye Beams: Blast 14 (DC 29, Advantages: Improved Critical 3; Accurate 5: +10, Precise)
Enhanced Vision: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Ultravision)
Gravity Manipulation: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Invulnerability
. . Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep)
. . Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious [10 extra ranks])
Strong Eyes: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Only vs visual effects)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator Collar COJ-501 2

Offense
Initiative +13
Dog Bite and Claws: Strength-based Damage 1, +12 (DC 27)
Eye Beams: Blast 14, +8 (DC 29)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 21)
Throw, -2 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 26)

Complications
Enemy: Project: Titan considers Sirius their property
He's a Dog: Sirius is, although smart and well-trained, a dog. He cannot speak. His knowledge of language is limited, and he has no opposable thumbs.
Loyalty: Sirius inexplicably considers Sean Remington to be a part of his pack, and is thus loyal to him. This now extends to Nova, Burt Jr., and Morning Star.
Weakness: Attacks with a Darkness descriptor get +5 Effect on Sirius

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 13, Toughness 14, Will 1

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 111 + Advantages 15 + Skills 2 (4 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 192

History When Starlord (Sean Remington) encountered a super-powered German Shepard, he noted two things. The first is that the dog has roughly the same powers that he himself has. The second is that this dog seemed to know him and considered him part of his pack. So Sean, suddenly found himself with a dog. The name Sirius "the Dog Star" came naturally enough, given their powers.

Real World Stuff I'm an old school comics fan. I decided that the Morning Star/Stellar Lad "family" needed their Krypto. The fact that Sirius' origins will someday be revealed to be tied to Sean's in a bonus.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Sirius the Dog Star)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 am

Hooray! This thread is back! I've missed it so :).

Ken

Major Marvel, Commander Quantum, and Unity

Post by Ken » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:41 pm

ImageImage

Commander Quantum - PL 12

Strength 10, Stamina 11, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 6, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Connected, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 6, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+9), Expertise: Biological Sciences 1 (+7), Expertise: Physical Sciences 4 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+13/+9), Ranged Combat: Quantum Array 4 (+6), Technology 4 (+10), Treatment 1 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers
Hard to Read Metallic Shell: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Persuasion -2 (+1), Deception +2 (+5), Intimidation +4 (+13), Toughness +2 (+16), Dodge -1 (+8), Parry -1 (+8))
Assundry Powers
. . Becoming Unity: Summon 9 (Heroic; Limited: Feedback, Limited: Ceases to exist while Unity present, Quirk: Major Marvel must be in Close proximity)
. . Secondary Powers (Advantages: Improvisation 6)
. . . . Impervious Toughness 11
. . . . Quantum Telepathy: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Telepathy with Major Marvel)
Base Flying: Flight 3+11 ([Stacking ranks: +11], Speed: 32000 miles/hour, 60 miles/round; Stacks with: Smaller Flight Boost: Flight 11+3, Stacks with: Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 14+3)
. . Space Flight: Movement 2 (Alternate; Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 1: within solar system)
Base Sensory Power: Variable 1 (Action: move, Stacks with: Sense Anything: Variable 2+1; Limited 2: Sensory Powers Only)
. . Quantum Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 (Alternate; +3 STR)
Invulnerability
. . Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Quantum Array
. . Hands on Quantum Shift
. . . . Enhanced Strength 7 (+7 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . . . Smaller Flight Boost: Flight 11+3 ([Stacking ranks: +3], Speed: 32000 miles/hour, 60 miles/round; Stacks with: Base Flying: Flight 3+11)
. . Micro Quantum Bursts: Burst Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - May also be Electromagnetic)
. . Pulsed Quantum Blast: Damage 8 (DC 23; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor: close group - any electromagnetic or nuclear energies)
. . Quantum Blast: Damage 14 (DC 29; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - any electromagnetic or nuclear energies)
. . Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 14+3 ([Stacking ranks: +3], Speed: 250000 miles/hour, 500 miles/round; Stacks with: Base Flying: Flight 3+11, Variable Descriptor: close group - as others)
. . Quantum Senses
. . . . Quantum Communication: Other Communication 3 (Sense Type: Quantum; Subtle: encrypted, Variable Descriptor: close group - Quantum)
. . . . Sense Anything: Variable 2+1 ([Stacking ranks: +1]; Action: move, Stacks with: Base Sensory Power: Variable 1; Custom 2: Senses power only)
. . Transmutation: Transform 4 (Affects: Anything, Transforms: 12 lbs., DC 14; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Duration: continuous)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-052 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases and CoJ Vehicles 3

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 20)
Micro Quantum Bursts: Burst Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Pulsed Quantum Blast: Damage 8, +16 (DC 23)
Quantum Blast: Damage 14, +10 (DC 29)
Throw, +6 (DC 25)
Transmutation: Transform 4, +15 (DC Dog 14)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 25)

Complications
Chivalrous Husband: Nickolas is very chivalrous about the fairer sex, and takes issue with men fighting women. This is more pronounced when the woman is his wife, whom he loves very much.
Married to his work: As both an astronaut and as a super-hero, Nickolas' wife Cassandra is his partner. There is nothing private from the other; especially when Unity forms.
Watch Lists: As a parahuman with former government ties, Commander Quantum is watched by the Parahuman Security Bureau and a person of interest to Project Titan.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8/9, Parry 8/9, Fortitude 11, Toughness 16/14, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 83 + Advantages 15 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 213

ImageImage

Major Marvel - PL 12

Strength 15, Stamina 11, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 7, Intellect 6, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Luck 6, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Expertise: Biological Sciences 4 (+10), Expertise: Physical Sciences 1 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+10), Ranged Combat: Quantum Array 7 (+8), Technology 4 (+10), Treatment 2 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+8/+4)

Powers
Ace Pilot: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Vehicles +4 (+8); Limited: only with non-land craft)
Assundry Powers Array
. . Becoming Unity: Summon 9 (Heroic; Limited: Feedback, Limited: Ceases to exist while Unity present, Quirk: Commander Quantum must be in Close proximity)
. . Secondary Powers (Advantages: Luck 6)
. . . . Impervious Toughness 11
. . . . Quantum Telepathy: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Telepathy with Commander Quantum)
Base Flying: Flight 3+11 ([Stacking ranks: +11], Speed: 32000 miles/hour, 60 miles/round; Stacks with: Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 14+3, Stacks with: Smaller Flight Boost: Flight 11+3)
. . Space Flight: Movement 2 (Alternate; Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 1: within solar system)
Invulnerability
. . Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Quantum Array
. . Hands on Quantum Shift
. . . . Enhanced Strength 7 (+7 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . . . Smaller Flight Boost: Flight 11+3 ([Stacking ranks: +3], Speed: 32000 miles/hour, 60 miles/round; Stacks with: Base Flying: Flight 3+11)
. . Make the Marvel Jet: Summon 7 (Controlled, Type (General): Various Jets)
. . Quantum Blast: Damage 14 (DC 29; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Gravity or Strong Nuclear energies)
. . Quantum Energy Barriers: Create 12 (Volume: 4000 cft., DC 22; Variable Descriptor: close group - SFN or Gravity)
. . Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 14+3 ([Stacking ranks: +3], Speed: 250000 miles/hour, 500 miles/round; Stacks with: Base Flying: Flight 3+11, Variable Descriptor: close group - Gravity or Strong Force Nuclear)
. . Quantum Shift: Move Object 14 (400 tons; Variable Descriptor: close group - Gravity or Strong Nuclear )
. . Transmutation: Transform 4 (Affects: Anything, Transforms: 12 lbs., DC 14; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Duration: continuous)
Quantum Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 (+3 STR)
. . Senses Power: Variable 1 (Alternate; Action: move; Limited 2: Sensory Powers Only)

Equipment
Aviator Goggles 0, CoJ Communicator COJ-053 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases and CoJ Vehicles (empty) 3

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 25)
Quantum Blast: Damage 14, +8 (DC 29)
Quantum Shift: Move Object 14, +8 (DC 24)
Throw, +1 (DC 30)
Transmutation: Transform 4, +17 (DC Dog 14)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 30)

Complications
Married to her work: As both an astronaut and as a super-hero, Cassandra's husband Nickolas is her partner. There is nothing private from the other; especially when Unity forms.
The Good Wife: Cassandra loves her husband very much, but still gets annoyed with some of his quirks.
Watch Lists: As a parahuman with former government ties, Major Marvel is watched by the Parahuman Security Bureau and a person of interest to Project Titan.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 11, Toughness 17, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 90 + Powers 85 + Advantages 11 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 213

(sorry, no pic of Unity)

Unity - PL 14

Strength 14, Stamina 13, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 6, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Connected, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 3, Interpose, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+11), Deception 2 (+5/+3), Expertise: Biological Sciences 4 (+10), Expertise: Physical Sciences 4 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+12/+10), Persuasion 2 (+1/+3), Ranged Combat: Quantum Array 6 (+8), Technology 4 (+10), Treatment 2 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+9/+5)

Powers
Twice the Person: Density Growth 1 (+1 STR, +1 STA, +1 mass rank; Density, Increased Duration: continuous; Quirk 2: To stay in Unity form, power must be on)
Hard to Read Metallic Shell: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Persuasion -2 (+1), Intimidation +2 (+12), Deception +2 (+5), Toughness +1 (+20))
Ace Pilot: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Vehicles +4 (+9); Limited: Only with non-Land Craft)
Base Flying: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Stacks with: Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 17+3)
. . Space Flight: Movement 3 (Alternate; Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 2: other solar systems)
Damage Resistance: Impervious Toughness 13
Invulnerability
. . Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Quantum Array
. . Crushing Quantum Shift: Move Object 16 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 3/r+1], 1600 tons, DC 31; Damaging, Variable Descriptor: close group - Gravity or Strong Nuclear )
. . Make the Marvel Jet: Summon 7 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 4/r]; Controlled, Type (General): Aircraft)
. . Micro Quantum Bursts: Burst Area Damage 14 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 3/r+1], DC 29; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 24, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Grav., SFN, EM or WFN)
. . Pulsed Quantum Blast: Damage 10 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 3/r+4], DC 25; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor: close group - Grav., SFN, EM or WFN )
. . Quantum Blast: Damage 18 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 2/r], DC 33; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Unified; Inaccurate: -2)
. . Quantum Energy Barriers: Create 14 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 2/r+1], Volume: 15000 cft., DC 24; Variable Descriptor: close group - Unified)
. . Quantum Flight Boost: Flight 17+3 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 2/r], [Stacking ranks: +3], Speed: 2 million miles/hour, 4000 miles/round; Stacks with: Base Flying: Flight 3)
. . Quantum Senses
. . . . Other Communication 4 ([4 active, 0/49 PP, 4/r+2], Sense Type: Quantum; Subtle: encrypted, Variable Descriptor: close group - Quantum)
. . . . Variable 3 ([3 active, 0/49 PP, 6/r]; Action: move; Custom 2: Senses power only)
. . Quantum Shift: Move Object 16 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 2/r+1], 1600 tons; Variable Descriptor: close group - Unified)
. . Quantum Strength
. . . . Enhanced Strength 3 ([3 active, 0/49 PP, 2/r], +3 STR)
. . . . Enhanced Strength 8 ([8 active, 0/49 PP, 1/r+1], +8 STR; Variable Descriptor: close group - Unified; Limited to Lifting)
. . Ranged Transmutation: Transform 6 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 7/r+5], Affects: Anything, Transforms: 50 lbs., DC 16; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Transmutation: Transform 7 ([0 active, 0/49 PP, 6/r+7], Affects: Anything, Transforms: 100 lbs., DC 17; Accurate 7: +14, Increased Duration: continuous)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-052 and COJ-053 at once 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases and CoJ Vehicles (empty) 3

Offense
Initiative +6
Crushing Quantum Shift: Move Object 16, +12 (DC 31)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 24)
Micro Quantum Bursts: Burst Area Damage 14 (DC 29)
Pulsed Quantum Blast: Damage 10, +18 (DC 25)
Quantum Blast: Damage 18, +10 (DC 33)
Quantum Shift: Move Object 16, +12 (DC 26)
Ranged Transmutation: Transform 6, +22 (DC Dog 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 29)
Transmutation: Transform 7, +21 (DC Dog 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 29)

Complications
Grand Unified Being: Unity is a gestalt being made up of both Nickolas and Cassandra Tarki. Whichever is controlling Unity, the other is nothing but a voice in Unity's brain.
Same-Self Marriage: Being a being made up of two spouses; neither spouse any privacy from the other.
Watch Lists: As a gestalt of two parahumans with former government ties, Unity is watched by the Parahuman Security Bureau and a person of interest to Project Titan.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 13, Toughness 20/19, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 94 + Powers 112 + Advantages 25 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 265

Background Cassandra Tarki is a major in the U.S. Airforce. Nickolas Tarki is a commander in the U.S. Navy. Individually, they joined NASA, where they met, fell in love and were married.

They were both selected to be part of the crew of the Ares I, the first manned spacecraft to Mars. The Ares I's fusion power plant and gravity engine would allow the trip to be made in about two months. Someone had other plans.

The radioactive villain-for-hire called Slagg attacked the Ares I while the craft was a month out, he started by disabling the engine. Colonel Diedrich Majors managed to get an S.O.S. out, picked up by the Champions of Justice relays, and some of the CoJ responded. Meanwhile, the Tarkis had went to get the reactor on-line, and the gravity engine under control.

Ampere, of the CoJ, confronted Slagg in the Ares I's engine area, preventing the Tarkis from being killed. However, timing is everything. Ampere's electromagnetic energy defelected Slagg's radioactive blast, as the fusion plant and gravity engine were repowering. There was an explosion.

The Tarkis were altered rather than being killed. Cassandra discovered she could manipulate gravity and the strong nuclear force. Her husband found he could manipulate the weak nuclear force and electromagnetism. As he formed a metal shell around himself, he dubbed himself Commander Quantum, and she adopted the moniker Major Marvel.

The strangest thing they discovered, though, is that when in physical contact, and through a shared act of will, they can become a gestalt being who can manipulate all four of the fundemental forces. This living embodiment of the Unified Field theory calls itself Unity.

Quantum and Marvel have joined the Champions, and are officially on detatched duty, since the U.S. military would rather find a way to control them, rather than cutting them loose. The Tarkis, for their part, have proven rather insular. Not surprising since they had been planning to move to Mars. They've set up their home on the foundation of what was the Havok base on the far side of the Moon.

Real Life Stuff Ant and Katie are a couple. One of Ant's favourite heroes is Captain Atom. One of Katie's favourite heroes is Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird/Captain Marvel or whatever other name Carol danvers is using. In many ways, they were the inspiration for Commander Quantum and Major Marvel. The joininging to form Unity was the most unique part.

And, along the way, I realised that Col. Danvers and Captain Adam are really the closest counterpart each has at the other company.

It's interesting when they play since more often than not, Unity does get formed. And watching the real life couple interact, as they decide which hero will actually get to "drive" Unity and such.

Ken

The Scarecrow

Post by Ken » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:44 pm

The Scarecrow - PL 11

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 9, Dexterity 3, Fighting 9, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack 7, Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 5, Equipment 7, Fascinate (Intimidation), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Sacrifice Attack, Second Chance: Blades less than 2' long, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Startle, Tracking

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+10), Athletics 1 (+4), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: profession 2 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+21/+9), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 1 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+0/+4), Ranged Combat: Blunderbuss Pistol 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+4), Stealth 1 (+10), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 5 (+8)

Powers
Creepy Demeanor: Enhanced Trait 1 (Traits: Persuasion -4 (+0), Intimidation +6 (+21))
Strawman Defense: Immunity 20 (triple jointed, Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning Damage; Innate; Limited - Half Effect)
Super Limber Array
. . 3-jointed Blow: Strength-based Damage 4+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], DC 24; Inaccurate 2: -4)
. . Triple-Jointed: Insubstantial 1 (Fluid; Limited: Not fully fluid; merely to represent ease he can bend his limbs and escape bonds, Limited: Provides no defefense)
Creepy Mask (Removable)
. . Scary Mask: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Intimidation +6 (+21))
Kevlex Weave Costume: Feature 2 (Notes: Converts Ballistic Damage into Bludgeoning Damage)
Ranged Effects Array
. . Blunderbuss Pistol
. . . . Hard Rubber "Musketballs": Damage 6 (Easily Removable, DC 21; Accurate 4: +8, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
. . Gas Pellets: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Easily Removable, 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 3, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Paralyze 'em with Fear: Perception Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Perception Area: DC 19 - Sight, Selective; Check Required 9: DC 18 - Intimidation, Limited Degree)
Trick Scythe Weapon (Removable)
. . Scythe Weapon
. . . . Blade or Handle-as-Club: Strength-based Damage 2 (bludgeoning, cutting, DC 20; Stacks with: 3-jointed Blow: Strength-based Damage 4+2, Variable Descriptor: close group - Blade or Handle-as-Club)
. . . . Jumpline: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . . . Snag & Pull: Move Object 3 (400 lbs.; Limited Direction: and paths)
. . . . Swingline
. . . . . . Faster Swinger: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round; Limited: Only whilst swinging)
. . . . . . Swingline: Movement 1 (Swinging)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-059 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases and CoJ Vehicles 3, Scarecrow Cycle, Several lengths of rope 5, The Corn Crib

Offense
Initiative +13
3-jointed Blow: Strength-based Damage 4+2, +12 (DC 24)
Blade or Handle-as-Club: Strength-based Damage 2, +16 (DC 20)
Gas Pellets: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (DC Fort 19)
Grab, +16 (DC Spec 13)
Hard Rubber "Musketballs": Damage 6, +16 (DC 21)
Paralyze 'em with Fear: Perception Area Affliction 9 (DC Will 19)
Snag & Pull: Move Object 3, +3 (DC 13)
Throw, +3 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +16 (DC 18)

Complications
Identity: Scarecrow keeps his true identity as Rodney March a particular secret
Motivation: Justice

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8/3, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 36 + Advantages 36 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 179

Background Because of an unrevealed reasons, Rodney decided to fight evil in the world, particularly on the streets of East Saint Louis. Taking inspiration from the Russell Thorndike's literary character Dr. Christopher Syn AKA the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (particularly the cinematic depictions), he has chosen the terrifying disguise of the Scarecrow.

Rodney March has no true parahuman abilities. However, he was born with an extreme case of hypermobility, frequently known, inaccurately, as being double-jointed. As such, he sometimes refers to himself as being "triple-jointed". This flexibility and agility allows him to move his limbs in almost unnatural ways and adds to his inhuman scarecrow appearance as well as letting him absorb most impacts and easily slide out of bonds. The blade of his scythe can be fired out from the handle to be used as a grapple line. His stylised blunderbuss pistol fires hard rubber musket balls.

Real World Stuff One of Other Ken's favourite movies is the 1963 Disney film "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" starring Patrick McGoohan, so he visually designed a M&M character based on that interpretation of the character.

Honestly, Ken is more of an artist than a writer, so a lot of his characters tend to be more visually based than background based, which is why there are still unexplained buts in Rodney's background. I helped a lot with the story points, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

Since both DC and Marvel have villains named "Scarecrow", we aren't bothered by the recycled name.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Chorus Girl

Post by Ken » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:19 pm

(no picture as the character is still in development)

Chorus Girl - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Fascinate (Expertise: Dancing), Improved Critical 2: Fan Kick, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Sacrifice Attack, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Fan Kick 10 (+13), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise (AGL): Dancing 6 (+10), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 1 (+1), Treatment 1 (+1), Vehicles 5 (+5)

Powers
Fan Kick: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20)
Two... Three... Four...: Summon 9 (Custom: Duplication, Custom: Move at the same Initiative, Heroic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2: 4 minions; Side Effect: on failure - Pass Out, Unreliable (5 uses))

Equipment
Car Tune, saved for COJ comm 2

Offense
Initiative +4
Fan Kick: Strength-based Damage 2, +13 (DC 20)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 18)

Complications
- Custom Complication -
- Custom Complication -

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/3, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 66 + Advantages 14 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 160

Background Evelyn Adams is a cousin to Dan and Denver Adams, and posesses the same genetic quirk that allows duplication of oneself. In her case, she can produce four of herself. She lacks the strength and resilience of her cousin, having not been experimented on by their "tiger mom".

Real World Stuff Andy is paranoid about his ideas being stolen, so he doesn't want them out on the web. So, I am not going to be posting Music Man or his evil brother Mister Smile. I may disagree with Andy, but I'll respect his right to be paranoid.

Anyway, Music Man basically is a guy who creates two duplicates of himself, and then run and jumps around like Spider-man, while singing. And, he was killed off in the Crusader-Havok incident.

However, circumstances were such that having evil clones of the Crusaders was an option. And while I was working on the Saracen, I pumped Andy for information of Music Man. He didn't know I was working on Chorus Line. And Andy shared that in the early development stages, in fact, before the name "Music Man" was coined. the character could create 9 more of himself, not just 2. That gave me the easiest possible "resurrection". I simply decided that Andy's early version was correct, and that when he became Music Man he only allocated 3 of his copies because he was also going to school full-time and working 8 shows a week. Essentially, he used his powers to multi-task. So, three of him were killed. The parts that remained retired, and none of his teammates were none the wiser.

But then I ran the story where this was discovered, and Andy liked it enough that he started playing Music Man again. (Which was my goal, well, there's a long story there.)

Anyway, Andy had long ago decided that the duplicating villain Mr. Smile was Music man's brother. Not that he ever explained why they could duplicate. But there you go. Duplication is a trait in that family.

I started working on their cousin, Chorus Girl, to be a foil to Music Man. Then Andy finally decided that Music man and his brother had their powers because their "tiger mom" had experimented on them. Well, I decided that the experiments explained their strength, resilience, and wall-crawling abilities, but NOT their duplication powers. So, Chorus Girl can duplicate, but lacks the other powers.

catsi563

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Chorus Girl, Scarecrow, Quantum & Marvel)

Post by catsi563 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm

that's awesome, the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was a favorite of mine growing up and has great superhero potential. :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Ken

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Chorus Girl, Scarecrow, Quantum & Marvel)

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:56 am

catsi563 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm
that's awesome, the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was a favorite of mine growing up and has great superhero potential. :mrgreen:
Other Ken certainly agrees with you. I've never seen the film, but I'm prone to believe you both.