Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Lumen, Menagerie, Spitfire, Turtle)

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectacled Caiman is, of course, "weird shit". Though fits kind of a "Hank McCoy" kind of vibe (same general "tiers" of power, too). I find it fascinating that a non-remembered child could result in Neil dropping the character entirely.

Spitfire seems pretty cool. Very "80s" costume- was that drawn off of a template? The leg and arm anatomy seems remarkably good, while the face is much weaker.

Meagerie is, yeah, a Vixen-type character. Though I like the "raised by others" origin- so they were Voodoo Bad Guys?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Lumen, Menagerie, Spitfire, Turtle)

Post by Jabroniville »

Lumen has an interesting power-set. I kept expecting water-based powers given his origin, but Electricity is a lot more variable. Distinctive costume- you don't see a lot of pink, especially on males.
There have been a number of better artists than me in the group over the years, but a lot more who are worse. I think of myself as "barely adequate" and the templates and swipes make doing the art faster, and probably better.
Yeah- I see a lot of "hero maker" programs out there for similar reasons. Tracing is probably the easiest overall way, especially with complicated designs.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec

Re: Diamant

Post by jcjec »

Ken wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:55 pm When he got his hands on several cecedetanite power crystals, which somehow resembled other types of crystals, he had them put into a weapon gauntlet and a power belt. You'll have to ask Jim where those came from.
Seeing as you asked...

A new set of crystals had been developed by MahnTech to replace the ones being used by the Rainbow Warriors (back when he was and unscrupulous scumbag millionaire who aided his cronies while serving in the White House as President.... sometimes reality imitates fiction 'cause we did it first). The problem was that the plane that was intended to transport them out of the MahnTech offices in Louisiana had engine trouble shortly after liftoff and exploded. While it was unclear how the accident occurred, the crystals were lost in the Louisiana bayou. Before Mahn's men could find them, though, Diamant's people recovered a few of them and turned them over to their boss, who realized their capabilities and, using his own technologies, created the gauntlet and, eventually, belt. He also put his people on finding out if there were any more, which expanded his collection to where it is now.

It was during one of these searches that the Rainbow Warriors came looking as well and a battle ensued. During said battle, an innocent teen was exposed to the energies of one of the crystals exploding, turning him into Black Volt (who I'm sure Ken will now post).
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Ken wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:41 am
jcjec wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:41 pm Diamant's people recovered a few of them and turned them over to their boss, who realized their capabilities and, using his own technologies, created the gauntlet and, eventually, belt.
So, Frank made the belt and gauntlets, or his people did?
I believe that Frank designed them and his people built them according to his specs, then rebuilt them and a storage box out of Krytanium when it was discovered that the Rainbow Warriors had a way to track the crystals. You know, kinda the way Bruce Wayne requisitioned Wayne Enterprises technology, and suddenly Batman was using it, and only Lucius put two and two together. :D
Jim C.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Agh, so many new builds in one day!

DIAMANT: I like the "different power for each color" thing- very "Silver Age". Also reminds me of DC's Halo. "Pile O' Alt-Effects" characters are always my favorites. The "Bad Smells" Complication is pretty funny. And... Rainbow Warriors?
A new set of crystals had been developed by MahnTech to replace the ones being used by the Rainbow Warriors (back when he was and unscrupulous scumbag millionaire who aided his cronies while serving in the White House as President....
I'm sorry- this is just too unrealistic for me, Jim :).
Jabroniville

Re: Stalwart

Post by Jabroniville »

STALWART: Okay, getting a pretty "Standard Strong Guy" vibe from his statline, but then reading the powers makes it pretty clear- ABSORBING MAN powers! My favorite set to screw around with! His story's a pretty sad one, actually (though humorously lacking in origin :)).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Black Volt, Stalwart, Diamant)

Post by Jabroniville »

Well yours are all original characters who require me actually reading their origins, full bios, powers, etc., then responding. Much more work than reading up a character I've already heard of, with a power-set I could guess in my sleep :). Hell, I don't think I even CHECK the Powers most people write down for established characters any longer!

It's probably easier since you've already got these builds written down, of course. Heaven knows, even *I* take forever to state up an OC.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am
A new set of crystals had been developed by MahnTech to replace the ones being used by the Rainbow Warriors (back when he was and unscrupulous scumbag millionaire who aided his cronies while serving in the White House as President....
I'm sorry- this is just too unrealistic for me, Jim :).
Who knew that Ken (the one who created the character and put him into said position of power) was a prophet?

Now, just imagine Trump with superpowers.... and cringe.
Jim C.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.