Ken's Kache of Khracters (the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Bouncer

Post by Ken » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am

Bouncer - PL 11

Strength 12/10, Stamina 10, Agility 9, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: U.S. Secret Service, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Initiative 3, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Interpose, Lionheart, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Taunt, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10/+8), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Secret Service 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Firearms 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+10/+8), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+12), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 1 (+5)

Powers
Bounciness
. . Immunity: Immunity 30 (Common Descriptor: Electricity, Very Common Descriptor: Bludgeoning; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Stretchiness: Elongation 2+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], Elongation: 120 feet, +4 to grab)
Long Legs Array
. . Bouncing: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour)
. . Get Gooey: Insubstantial 1 (Fluid)
. . Long Stride: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Stretchiness Array
. . Big Fists (Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Selective)
. . Extra Stretchiness
. . . . Extra Elongation: Feature 2 (Stacks with: Stretchiness: Elongation 2+2)
. . . . Flexibility: Enhanced Trait 9 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+12), Parry +4 (+12), Close Combat +2 (+10), Ranged Combat +2 (+10))
. . . . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Ballistic; Limited - Half Effect)
. . . . Leveraged Strength: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Strength +2 (+12))

Equipment
CoJ Honorary Communicator COJ-128 2, Defender Communicator 1, Government Credentials 1, Government Issue Savantphone 2, Government Issue Sidearm (Heavy Pistol), Secret Service Earbud 1

Offense
Initiative +21
Government Issue Sidearm, +8 (DC 19)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, +10 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 27)

Complications
Relationship: Ron is very fond of his long-time girlfriend, Cindy Dawson; but still not fully committed.
Vulnerability: Due to his rubbery nature, Bouncer is affected more by intense heat. Heat attacks get +2 to the effect.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/9, Parry 12/8, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 90 + Powers 45 + Advantages 30 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 197

Background: Very little is known of Ron Petterson's life prior to him becoming Bouncer and co-founding the D.C. Defenders with Dynamo. It is known that since the DCD broke up, he's given up his secret identity and is now working for the U.S. Secret Service, currently assigned to protect Vice-President Walter Bruce.

Real World Stuff I don't know if Neil created Bouncer explicitly for the DC Defenders, when he began that campaign, or if he'd already created him when he decided to run it. Neil basically decided to start the campaign so he could scratch his gaming itch when no one but family was around, so the campaign was just him and his sister. The few times I tried to run it for them, waaaay back when, Neil and Jenn's mum would insist that Jenn leave her brother and me alone, despite the fact that we had invited her.

When Jim decided to start his first RCU setting campaign, he basically picked up Bouncer and the team name. He tried to get Dyanmo, also, but...
I've learned to live every day like I was dying; every night I stick a catheter in me and scream for morphine.

Ken

Dynamo

Post by Ken » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 am

Dynamo - PL 11

Strength 2, Stamina 7, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 6

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Attractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 3, Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Foe: Audiences, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Languages 1, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Taunt, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 4 (+10), Expertise: Acting 6 (+8), Expertise: Singing 2 (+4), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+10), Ranged Combat: Electric Blast 8 (+10), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Powers
Electric Absorption: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Electricity; Limited - Half Effect)
Electromagnetic Aura w/ Static Field
. . Damage: Damage 4 (DC 19; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . Protection: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious)
Electromagnetic Flight Array
. . Electric Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Fast Flight: Flight 14 (Speed: 32000 miles/hour, 60 miles/round; Distracting)
Electromagnetic Manipulation
. . Electric Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Electric Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21)
. . Ferrokinesis: Move Object 12 (100 tons, DC 27; Damaging; Limited Material: Object must be Iron, Cobalt or Nickel-based)
Hair Trick: Feature 1 (Notes: Change hair color from dark to blonde.)

Equipment
as needed 12, CoJ Honorary Communicator COJ-131 2, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +6
Damage: Damage 4, +2 (DC 19)
Electric Blast: Damage 12, +10 (DC 27)
Electric Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Ferrokinesis: Move Object 12, +10 (DC 27)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 17)

Complications
Actress: Maria is a professional actress who tends to react to situations with theatrics and drama.
Relationship: Because his identity as Emerald Knight isn't as secret as her own double identity, Maria's romantic relationship with Tom Wilson is complicated.
Super-Conductor: Maria's electricity makes cold attacks more effective. They get +2 to the Attack Check and +2 to the effect.
Vulnerability: Due to her electricity powers, Dynamo is affected more by positrons. Positron attacks get +2 to the effect.

Languages
English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 14, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 77 + Advantages 25 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 193

Background: Very little is known of Maria Walker's life prior to her becoming Dynamo and co-founding the D.C. Defenders with Bouncer. Around the time of the Defenders big expansion a decade ago was when Maria got her big break as an actress. Her filming schedule required her to spend several months of the year either in California, Canada, or wherever her current project was shooting. As such she bcame only a part-time Defender. At some point, after Tom Emerald Knight Wilson became the leader of the Defenders, she entered into a relationship with him, although this was often a long distance relationship, as her acting career still kept her frequently away from Washington.

After the Tesla Twings incident, Maria Walker has begun using the wealth she's made as an actress to fund the DCD's successor, the Allied defenders.

Real World Stuff (continued from Bouncer) Of course, when Jim began his iteration of the D.C. Defenders, Jenn was still in high school. And the general rule of the Lindgren house of "Neil can his friends, and Jenn can have her friends (if we approve of them), and ne'er the two shall meet" was still generally enforced. So, Jenn was rarely allowed to join us for games. And, when the D.C. Defenders ended campaign ended, the group was simply assumed to still exist and doing its thing, but rarely talked about.

Of course, I'm using Tom and Maria as background NPCs in my Allied Defenders game, or I wasm and will again, when I hopefully start it back up again.

And of course, Dynamo was the subject of this exchange last month:
Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 am
jcjec wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 pm
Ken wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 am
Racial dynamics... yeah, we were a little slow about it at first. In fact at least three characters have actually been altered from being white to something else. Ion Storm, as I said. Micron. And Powerball. In fact, Matt was a little funny about it because he did it at the same time Jim brought the Hawk into the RCU. At the end of the same "cosmic, time-bending story" that brought the Hawk in, Matt just started saying "Scott Montoya" instead of "Scott Munter".
Dynamo also started out as a Caucasian blonde woman before becoming an African-American blonde woman (before being a blonde African-American woman was cool).
I'm not sure why she slipped my mind. But now that you've reminded me, I even recall the how it happened. It was when we were cleaning up the scanned picture in Photoshop. And when messing around with layers, and we realised that the pinkish-orange skin layer, when set to "Multiply" over the extant pinkish-orange skin, the multiplied colours looked brown. Matt joked that it made Dynamo look like "Mo-dyna". And someone basically said that Jenn would never play Dynamo as a black woman, and Jenn did an "oh, yeah!" and said to keep the brown skin.
I've learned to live every day like I was dying; every night I stick a catheter in me and scream for morphine.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 am

Interesting backstory. Was Jenn's mom worried about the boys corrupting/seducing her little girl or something?

Ken

Post by Ken » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 am
Interesting backstory. Was Jenn's mom worried about the boys corrupting/seducing her little girl or something?
Well, I didn't start trying to seduce her until she was over 21. Never succeeded, though.

I never quite figured out what the hell Bonnie wanted for her daughter. The only thing I'm reasonably sure about is that Bonnie wanted to Jenn to be more like herself. Keeping in mind that both Neil and Jenn were adopted, and them being adopted was supposed to be a secret. I think every parent wants to see some of his- or herself in their offspring. I told Jenn once that the one thing she shared with her mother was their tempers, or rather their behaviours when pissed.

I know that there were really screwy things. Jenn was in choir in high school. So was my then foster sister (Trish), and they were friends and contemporaries. My parents went to the high school concerts because of Trish. And Jenn's parents weren't there, which my folks noticed because they saw and recognised Neil. When I called Neil on it, Neil said his folks were afraid Jenn might embarrass them. I pointed out that his parents certainly embarrassed her, since she now knew there were people there who realised her parents hadn't shown.

I think Bonnie was always disappointed that Jenn wasn't more like herself. I think Bonnie believed that if she'd given birth to a daughter, said daughter would be more like herself. And I think she forgot that in the argument between Nature vs Nurture, that if nature's not an option, some actual nurturing was needed.

Their folks were over-protective to a fault. When Neil and I were 17, his parents insisted he be home by 9 pm on a Friday night. Another specific event that always bothered me. Neil and I were 26. Neil had driven from his (and his parents') home to my apartment a few towns away (about a 30 minute drive), and then he and I went up to Rockford, the 3rd largest city in the state and regionally the place with the best comic and gaming stores. This was another 30+ minute drive from my old apartment. And somewhere in Rockford, we picked up a nail, and Neil got a flat. Now this shouldn't be a big deal, and so we popped on the 'donut'/space-saver spare tire, drove a few miles to the nearest K-mat, bought a replacement tire, and went about our business. There was nothing about this that was overly memorable. Except, when Neil got home, he caught hell from his folks because one of the tires on his car now didn't match the other three!!! Never mind that driving back to my apartment, and then back to his house would have probably exceeded the range of the donut spare. Well, they said, he should have used the spare to just come home. Whether it was going to be them or my own parents who were going to return me to my apartment, I don't know. But the fact that their 26-year old son dealt with an automotive problem without finding a phone (this was pre-cell phone) and calling Mom and Dad for help was somehow cause for anger, rather than, I don't know, relief. Twenty-three years later, it still boggles my mind.

And for some stupid reason, I tried to convince Jenn to make her parents my in-laws. Looking back, I dodged a bullet or seven.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 am

Heh- sounds amusing. I have a friend with parents like that. Our mutual friend shares the tale of Braedy's mother actually DRIVING TO OUR FRIEND'S HOUSE to demand that Braedy go home immediately because he had work the next morning. He was twenty-three years old at the time. None of our parents would have ever done a thing like that.

Ken

The Hero-Prime

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 pm

ImageImage

Glenn Ferguson, the Hero Prime - PL 11

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 7, Intellect 10, Awareness 9, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Expertise: Science), Favored Foe: the Villain, et al., Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 5, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 2, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+11), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: General Knowledge 5 (+15), Expertise: History 5 (+15), Expertise: Instructor 2 (+12), Expertise: Literature 5 (+15), Expertise: Science 5 (+15), Insight 3 (+12), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+15), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 2 (+12), Vehicles 1 (+6)

Powers
Hero Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 12 (DC 27; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 21, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 11 (ice, Volume: 2000 cft., DC 21; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Defensive Blaster Vision: Deflect 15
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 25 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 5: x100k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 4: atom-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 2: full speed, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 7 (heat, DC 22; Increased Range 2: perception, Penetrating 4)
. . Tractor Vision: Move Object 8 (6 tons; Increased Range: perception)
Heroic Flying: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Just how smart: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All; Quirk: only those languages he's studied for at least 48 hours, Notes: Includes (at least) English, German, French, Spanish, Latin)
Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Accurate 2: +4)
Perineum Tattoo ID and Nanochip: Feature 1
Protective Uniform: Impervious Toughness 3
Speed Reading: Senses 2 (Rapid: Vision 2)

Equipment
CoJ Honorary Communicator COJ-123 2

Offense
Initiative +14
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 12, +10 (DC 27)
Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +15 (DC 19)
Pyro Vision: Damage 7 (DC 22)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Tractor Vision: Move Object 8 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

Complications
My Brother, My Enemy: Glenn has at least one evil clone running around out there (probably more) that he sees as his personal mission to stop.
Police Record: The Villain, the evil clone, is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.
Power Limit: Gamma Vision is the name of the power that allows the Hero and his clones to see through matter at great distances. Despite the name, gamma radiation is not involved. It can penetrate lead and gold. However, very dense materials (e.g. Uranium, Platinum, Putonium, Osmium, Iridium) will block it. Also arrays of mirrors, with the reflective sides facing one another create a reflective distortion that will also interfere with seeing beyond them.
Responsibility: Glenn is dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 15, Parry 15, Fortitude 10, Toughness 7/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 60 + Advantages 33 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 237

Background: Glenn Ferguson was a bright young man from Maryland who decided to attend Kensington College in Delaware. As an undergraduate he started working under, and befriended, a parapsychology graduate student named Brent Lockwood. Together, they worked on experiments that involved developing humanity's psionic potential. After Glenn had graduated and began working on his Masters of Library Science, Brent took their research and was ready to reveal it to the scientific community. Instead, it got him attacked by someone that wanted the research. Mortally wounded, he escaped and located his friend and aide. Together, they used their theories on Glenn, and with his dying breath, Brent told Glenn to "be a hero and destroy their research."

Glenn took Brent's words to heart, and besides destroying the research, Glenn masked himself and used his new occularly focused psionic abilities to bring his friend's murderer to justice. Whether it was an absence of originality, or a nod to his friend's last words, Glenn identified himself simply as the Hero.

The Hero was a founding and stalwart member of the Crusaders. However, being a psychologically healthy adult, he was often overlooked. This made it easy for Dr. Clayton Vangor, once he captured Glenn, to send in a clone of the Hero into the Crusaders. The problems from the then-still-beta altered mental duplication process went unnoticed. However, Vangor's original plan for the Crusaders went unrealised as the Hero clone was killed in the Crusaders-Havok incident before it could be realised. Vangor then began his next experiment, and created the Villain; a clone of the Hero with his sense or morality reversed. This caused Glenn to redouble his efforts, after months of captivity, at escaping. He helped the then-New Crusaders defeat and destroy the Villain, but not before the Villain exposed the civilian names of several of the original Crusaders. The Hero then served with the New Crusaders for a time. He discovered that the Villain has attained a kind of immortality, as there were multiple Villains created and more in hidden in stasis, waiting to be unleashed.

When the Champions of Justice discovered one of these Villain lairs, they also discovered five more clones of Glenn, four in various stages of post-adolescence, and one still biologically a teenager. Moreover, the mental engram duplication was only partially complete, and the morality inversion had yet to be implemented. Glenn was contacted, and he has taken custody of his infant-teenage duplicates. This led him to his current teaching post at the Radio Ranch. He disappointed Tom (Mr. Behemoth) Wayne when he opted to not be involved with Tom's new Crusader Force project. He did allow some of the more adventurous clones to be involved, until the traumatic suicide of Missile Man made him rethink that decision.

Personality: Glenn Ferguson is a very broken man. He chalks this up to karmic payback for having been an emotionally mature Crusader. He's spent months in captivity, had his friends fail to notice that he had been replaced by a duplicate, been declared dead, had someone he thought of as a close friend woo and marry his former fiancée, had his sense of individuality destroyed, and has an unknown number of evil twins lurking around the world. And some of his oldest colleagues act surprised that he's in therapy.

He happily has thrown himself into teaching and into raising his, admittedly atypical, family. He is willing to help out in an emergency, but being "the Hero" has cost him dearly, and he does not resume the role easily. With some of his boys now using the name "the Hero", he has willingly started to accept the codename "Hero Prime" just to avoid confusion.

Powers/Tactics: Lockwood's process that he underwent expanded Glenn's mind. He went from being a bright student to becoming absolutly brilliant. While he's stayed focused on literature, science, and history, there are few subjects he couldn't master with just a small modicum of effort. Moreover, the process turned him into a powerful psionic. Except for his psionic ability to fly, these abilities are focused around his eyes. He can see great distances and through solid matter (Gamma Vision). He can telekinetically move objects (tractor vision) or blast them with telekinetic force (blaster vision). He's even learned to psychokinetically affect matter on an atomic or subatomic level, essentially emitting heat or generating cold. His great knowledge of physics grants him even more options he's only partially explored. Lacking any defensive powers, he has become very adept at making himself a difficult target. While far from world class, he has become a reasonably skilled melee fighter over the years.

Appearance: Glenn Ferguson is 5'10" and weighs around 180 lbs. His dark hair is greying at the temples and lines surround his dark eyes. He has aged prematurely, and looks to be in his early fifties. His now rarely-worn uniform is green and gold with a green cape. His identity has not been a secret for a long time, but he'll still sometimes includes his mask.

Ken

Enigma

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Enigma - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina -, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 3

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 2, Languages 2, Ranged Attack, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Expertise: Science 6 (+10), Insight 1 (+7), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 1 (+7), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 2 (+6), Treatment 1 (+5)

Powers
Ectoplasmic Body: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Hero Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 11 (DC 26; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 10 (ice, Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Defensive Blaster Vision: Deflect 13
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 21 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 3: x1k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 3: molecule-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 7 (heat, DC 22; Increased Range 2: perception, Penetrating 2)
. . Tractor Vision: Move Object 7 (3 tons; Increased Range: perception)
It's A G-G-G-Ghost
. . Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week; Limited: Only returns to ghost state, not to full life)
. . Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
. . Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Limited: Automatically switches to solid when using Hero Vision powers, Notes: Insubstantial is default, solid is sustained)
. . Teleport 7 (0.5 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.)
. . . . Flight 7 (Alternate; Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . . . Movement 2 (Alternate; Dimensional: Mystic Realms 2: group, 50 lbs.)
Speed Reading: Senses 1 (Rapid: Vision 1)

Equipment
B.A.D.A.S.S. Communicator (embedded in his ectoplasm) 2, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +7
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 11, +9 (DC 26)
Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Tractor Vision: Move Object 7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Complications
Confusion: Enigma, although certain he's a ghost, doesn't have an identity of his own
Power Limit: Gamma Vision is the name of the power that allows the Hero and his clones to see through matter at great distances. Despite the name, gamma radiation is not involved. It can penetrate lead and gold. However, very dense materials (e.g. Uranium, Platinum, Putonium, Osmium, Iridium) will block it. Also arrays of mirrors, with the reflective sides facing one another create a reflective distortion that will also interfere with seeing beyond them.
Redemption: Enigma is certain there are deeds in his past he must atone for.
Weakness: Weapons coated in ectoplasm are usable against Enigma, making him tangable to whatever is coated in it.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 7/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 98 + Advantages 13 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 192

Background: Enigma is the soul of the clone of Glenn Ferguson who was killed at Bronson Tower in Philadelphia during the Crusader-Havok Incident. As the soul of a clone, particularly one who was pretending to be someone else, this soul is identitiless.

Enigma was first encountered as part of the briefly assembled team of adventurers who called themselves the Freax. But that team didn't last, and Enigma quietly hid inside Balatar's other dimensional manor house for several months. Only after he was found out, and sent out into the world, did he finally join another super hero team. The team in San Francisco was going through a re-branding from the Frisco Freax to the Pacific Coast Paranormals. And Balatar's primary inside man with that group, Quadtron, had recently departed. Enigma joined, and took over the role as Balatar's inside man.

Eventually, he encountered his progenitor, Glenn Ferguson prime, but it didn't change the fact that Enigma has no identity of his own.

Recently, all of the PCP have agreed to be a part of Balatar's Army.

Ken

The Villain

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm

The Villain(s) - PL 12

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 7, Intellect 8, Awareness 7, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 6, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Expertise: Science), Favored Foe: the Hero, et al., Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 6, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 2, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+12), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: General Knowledge 4 (+12), Expertise: History 4 (+12), Expertise: Literature 4 (+12), Expertise: Science 4 (+12), Insight 3 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 5 (+12), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Villain Vision 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 2 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+6)

Powers
Just how smart: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All; Quirk: only those languages he's studied for at least 48 hours, Notes: Includes (at least) English, German, French, Spanish, Latin)
More Protective Uniform: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious)
Villain Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 11 (DC 26; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 10 (ice, Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 22 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 4: x10k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 3: molecule-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 7 (heat, DC 22; Increased Range 2: perception, Penetrating 2)
Villainous Flying: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Equipment
Clone-O-Matic 30

Offense
Initiative +12
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 11, +12 (DC 26)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +16 (DC 19)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 17)

Complications
My Brother, My Enemy: Glenn has at least one evil clone running around out there (probably more) that he sees as his personal mission to stop.
Police Record: The Villain, the evil clone, is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.
Responsibility: Glenn is dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/7, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 78 + Powers 60 + Advantages 37 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 25 = 229

Background: "The Villain" is the operative name nused by any number of morality-inverted clones of Glenn Ferguson. A few have been caught and imprisoned. Some have been killed. And there's an unknown number of others out there. The Villains got the technology and template from Clayton Vangor, the mad scientist who grew both the second Hero, and, at least, the first Villain.

The Villain's personality is based on Glenn Ferguson, but with his sense of morality flipped. And, over time, making copies of copies has led to increased variation.

Real World Stuff: After he was initially introduced, the Villain has been a kind of a catch all villain. Any variation in personality is chalked up to the "copy of a copy" thing.

Ken

Hero III

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:42 pm

BJ "Painless" Ferguson, the Hero III - PL 9

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+4), Expertise: Literature 1 (+4), Expertise: Science 1 (+4), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+5), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4)

Powers
Hero Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 10 (DC 25; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 19, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 9 (ice, Volume: 500 cft., DC 19; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 21 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 4: x10k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2: cell-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 6 (heat, DC 21; Increased Range 2: perception, Penetrating 3)

Equipment
CoJ Support Communicator COJ-304 2, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +7
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 10, +8 (DC 25)
Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Pyro Vision: Damage 6 (DC 21)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Age: While appearing to be a grown man, Painless's mental development is approximately that of a 17 year old, with all of the social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Police Record: The Villain, who is also a clone of the Hero, albeit evil, is wanted by the authorities. Painless must co-operate with them to avoid confusion.
Rebel: BJ decided to assert his "independence" by choosing the nickname of a MASH character unrelated to the "M*A*S*H" character he is named for.
Responsibility: BJ is being trained to be dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.
Suicide Is Not Painless: After witnessing the death of Missile Man during the Siege of the Crusader Fortress, Painless wants to preserve life and make sure others don't die on his watch.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 46 + Advantages 13 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 145

Ken

Hero IV

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:43 pm

ImageImage

Augustus Forrest "Duke" Ferguson, the Hero IV - PL 9

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+4), Expertise: Literature 1 (+4), Expertise: Science 1 (+4), Insight 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+4), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4)

Powers
Hero Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 10 (DC 25; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 19, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 9 (ice, Volume: 500 cft., DC 19; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 21 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 4: x10k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2: cell-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 6 (heat, DC 21; Increased Range 2: perception, Penetrating 3)

Equipment
CoJ Support Communicator COJ-305 2

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Age: While appearing to be a grown man, Forrest's mental development is approximately that of a 16 year old, with all of the social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Police Record: The Villain, who is also a clone of the Hero, albeit evil, is wanted by the authorities. Duke must co-operate with them to avoid confusion.
Responsibility: Forrest is being trained to be dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 46 + Advantages 13 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 143

The Current person using the Hero identity and costume.

Ken

Hero V

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Ferguson, the Hero V - PL 9

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+3), Expertise: Literature 1 (+3), Expertise: Science 1 (+3), Insight 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+4), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4)

Powers
Hero Vision

Equipment
CoJ Support Communicator COJ-306 2, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Age: While appearing to be a grown man, Hawkeye's mental development is approximately that of a 15 year old, with all of the social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Police Record: The Villain, who is also a clone of the Hero, albeit evil, is wanted by the authorities. Hawkeye must co-operate with them to avoid confusion.
Responsibility: Hawkeye is being trained to be dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 46 + Advantages 13 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 140

Ken

Hero VI

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 pm

"Trapper" John Ferguson, the Hero VI - PL 9

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+3), Expertise: Literature 1 (+3), Expertise: Science 1 (+3), Insight 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 1 (+4), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4)

Powers
Hero Vision
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 21 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 3: x1k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 3: molecule-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)

Equipment
CoJ Support Communicator COJ-307 2

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Age: While appearing to be a grown man, Trapper's mental development is approximately that of a 14 year old, with all of the social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Police Record: The Villain, who is also a clone of the Hero, albeit evil, is wanted by the authorities. Trapper must co-operate with them to avoid confusion.
Responsibility: Trapper is being trained to be dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 46 + Advantages 13 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 140

Ken

The Sidekick

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Walter "Radar" Ferguson, the Sidekick - PL 8

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+2), Expertise: Literature 1 (+2), Expertise: Science 1 (+2), Insight 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+2), Perception 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Hero Vision 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3)

Powers
Hero Vision
. . Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 9 (DC 24; Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 18, Variable Descriptor: close group - Electromagnetic)
. . Cryo Vision: Create 8 (ice, Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Innate, Stationary; Permanent)
. . Defensive Blaster Vision: Deflect 12
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 19 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 2: x100, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2: cell-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Choose Sense 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)
. . Pyro Vision: Damage 6 (heat, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 3)
. . Tractor Vision: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Increased Range: perception)

Equipment
CoJ Support Communicator COJ-308 2, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +6
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 9, +7 (DC 24)
Conical Blaster Vision: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 11)
Pyro Vision: Damage 6, +7 (DC 21)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Tractor Vision: Move Object 6 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 16)

Complications
Age: While appearing to be a teenager around the age of 16, Radar's mental development is approximately that of a 13 year old, with all of the social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Police Record: The Villain, who is also a clone of the Hero, albeit evil, is wanted by the authorities. Radar must co-operate with them to avoid confusion.
Responsibility: Radar is being trained to be dedicated to helping people, protecting the innocents and making the world safe.
Suicide Is Not Painless: After witnessing the death of Missile Man during the Siege of the Crusader Fortress, Radar has developed a sanctity of life, willing to do anything to keep someone from dying again.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4/2, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 44 + Advantages 11 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 126

Ken

Heroin

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Glenda Feguson, Heroin - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Connected, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: History 1 (+3), Expertise: Literature 1 (+3), Expertise: Science 1 (+3), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+6), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Tractor Vision: Move Object 7 3 (+8), Ranged Combat: Villain Vision 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4)

Powers
Villain Vision
. . Defensive Blaster Vision: Deflect 14
. . Tractor Vision: Move Object 7 (3 tons, DC 22; Damaging)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone)

Offense
Initiative +7
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Tractor Vision: Move Object 7, +13 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Irresponsibility: Glenda is dedicated to hurting people, violating the innocents and making the world unsafe.
My Brother, My Enemy: Glenda is an evil clone of the Villain, who, in turn, is the evil clone of the Hero.
Police Record: The Heroin is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Languages
English, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6/3, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 45 + Advantages 14 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 34 = 160

Background: Glenda Ferguson is a clone of one of the Villain clones who wanted to create an equal to himself as a mate. Needless to say, he was far from the original mold, making her even further removed. When she realized what he had in mind, she killed him and struck out on her own. When she met up with the rest of the Drug Lords, her sense of irony led her to take the name Heroin.

Ken

Thunderdome

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Ferris Glenberg, Thunderdome - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 7, Awareness 7, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Favored Foe: the Hero, et al., Improved Defense, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+12), Deception 1 (+4), Expertise: General Knowledge 2 (+9), Expertise: History 2 (+9), Expertise: Literature 2 (+9), Expertise: Science 2 (+9), Insight 1 (+8), Intimidation 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+8), Perception 3 (+10), Persuasion 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Anti-Hero Vision 7 (+9), Sleight of Hand 1 (+3), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 1 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers
Anti-Hero Flying: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Anti-Hero Vision
. . Gamma Vision: Senses 22 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 4: x10k, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 3: molecule-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank, Ultravision)

Offense
Initiative +7
Blaster Vision, Offensive: Blast 11, +9 (DC 26)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +16 (DC 19)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 17)

Complications
My brothers, my enemies: Glenn/Ferris has multiple evil clones running around out there (probably more) that he sees as his personal mission to stop.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7/4, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 54 + Advantages 17 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 180

Background: One Villain clone moved to Chicago, took on a new name (based on Glenn's), became a newspaperman, and, as the Villain, came into conflict with the Hawk. And he was sent to prison. While there, a strange thing happened. He saw the error of his ways.

Glenn Ferguson, like any other person has a sense of right and wrong. And Glenn's over-developed sense of duty, justice, and wanting to help people led to him to do right and become the Hero. The Villain, therefore also has a sense of right and wrong; but he (they) lack the sense of duty and justice, and rather have a propensity to do mischief, evil, and hurt people. Ferris, as the Villain, has those same traits. But just as, in theory, Glenn could theoretically choose to do evil, Ferris decided, in prison, to reform.

Recently released, Ferris located his progenitor, and explained his re-found conscience. And since Glenn knows the darkness within himself, that he chooses to ignore, he can understand it being possible for an evil clone of him to reform. But he's not foolish enough to trust Ferris blindly.

Glenn recently has been trying to convince Mr. Behemoth and Ruby to take Ferris into Crusader Force. Tom wants "the Hero" on the team, and this would give them one. And, if Ferris proves to be still a Villain, Glenn knows that Ruby will deal with him. Harshly.

Ferris, for his part, has taken the codename "Thunderdome" after the Tina Turner song. He recognises that he doesn't deserve to use the Hero name, and that there are enough people with dibs on it that using it would be confusing. We don't need another Hero.