Ken's Kache of Khracters (Capitán Neutron)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: All We Need is a Miracle

Post by Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Ken wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Captain Miracle (V) - PL 11

Strength 14/0, Stamina 14/0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6/2, Intellect 2/0, Awareness 7/3, Presence 4/0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Status 2: he's Captain Miracle, Connected, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Holding Back, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+8/+7), Insight 3 (+10), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+10/+8), Sleight of Hand 2 (+4), Technology 2 (+4)

Powers
Aged to Adulthood: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Strength +1 (+14), Stamina +1 (+14))
. . Just a Kid: Enhanced Trait 4 (Alternate; Advantages: Disarming 4)
I need a Miracle!: Feature 1 (instant transformation between christian and captain miracle)
I'm Captain Miracle!: Enhanced Trait 86 (Traits: Stamina +13 (+14), Fighting +4 (+6), Awareness +4 (+7), Intellect +2 (+2), Presence +4 (+4), Dodge +4 (+6), Toughness +2 (+16), Will +1 (+8), Expertise +2 (+4), Perception +2 (+10), Ranged Combat +3 (+5), Treatment +2 (+4), Close Combat +1 (+8), Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Status 2: he's Captain Miracle, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Holding Back, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage)
Miracle of Invulnerability
. . Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support)
. . Impervious Toughness 13
. . Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Miracle of Motion
. . Miracle of Flight: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
. . Miracle of Speed
. . . . Quickness 9 (Perform routine tasks in -9 time ranks)
. . . . Speed 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
Miracle of Strength: Enhanced Strength 14 (+14 STR; Limited to Lifting [1 rank only])
Miracle of the Mind: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Understand All, Advantages: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Jack-of-all-trades; Sustained)
We Need a Miracle: Variable 1 (Action 2: free)

Power Settings
Champions-Style Haymaker (Powers: Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 4)
Faster Haymaker (Powers: Faster Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 6)
Faster Recovery (Powers: Regeneration 5)
Here's Your Miracle (Powers: Here's Your Miracle: Perception Area Enhanced Trait 1)
Hyper Flight (Powers: Hyper Flight: Flight 5)
Man Was Not Meant To Know (Powers: Man Was Not Meant to Know: Movement 1)
Miracle of Lifting (Powers: Miracle of Lifting: Enhanced Strength 5)
Miracle of the Mind, Part 2 (Powers: Translation Complete: Comprehend 2)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-107 2, Comtributions to CoJ stuff 2, Hawk Communicator (Commlink)

Offense
Initiative +10
Faster Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 6, +2 (DC 35)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 24)
Haymaker: Strength-based Damage 4, +4 (DC 33)
Throw, +7 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Age: Christian is a 14 year old boy with all of the physical, social and emotional limitations that accompany it.
Enemy: Christian is hunted by his uncle, Mr. Omega.
Responsibility: Christian inherited the Captain Miracle entity and responsibilities to do good from his father and other ancestors.
Secret Identity / Power Loss: Christian Cameron has no powers, few advantages, STR 0, STA 0, FGT 2, INT 0, AWE 3, and PRE 0 in normal form.
The Legion Pact: While definately the more experienced member of the team (while in hero form), former Legion of Champions heroes have taken an unspoken pact to allow the next generation to step up rather than take leadership upon themselves.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6/2, Parry 6, Fortitude 14, Toughness 16/14, Will 8/7

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 184 + Advantages 2 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 210

Personal Details
Captain Miracle first appearred on the morning of 7 December, 1941 at Pearl Harbor, Hawai'i. It is believed that the damage wrought by the Japanese fleet would have been far worse if not for his arrival. He continued to fight for America and the Allies throughout the war. Having issues with bombing civilians, he was believed to be killed by the atomic bomb in Hiroshima. He reappeared nearly five years later, and was a charter member of the Legion of Champions. There were two times, during the Cuban Missile Crisis and Nixon's trip to China, when, again, he was believed to be killed, only to reappear a few years later.

He is rumored to be one of the instigators in the break-up of the Legion of Champions, and he was apparently retired for several years. However, when the modern age of heroes was beginning, Captain Miracle was once again active, this time acting as the elder statesman for the Windy City Warriors in Chicago. This was ended when Professor Mercury attempted nuclear blackmail on the city of Chicago. While removing the nuclear device into space, Captain Miracle was apparently lost again.

But, shortly after the Hawk formed, Captain Miracle once again returned, and joined the Chicago superteam, declining joining the Champions of Justice, who by then had become the definitive heirs to the Legion of Champions. Captain Miracle remained with the Hawk, acting as the bulwark for the team throughout many incarnations. When the Hawk was annexed into the Champions of Justice, the Captain still declined full membership. He has been seen less often recently, most often in the company of his old Legion teammates Doctor Radio and Amazon Grace.

Real Life Stuff
So, back in 1994, I was joining a friend's extant campaign while simultaneously working on fixing a damaged friendship with said friend. So rather than saying "this is what I want to play", I asked Jim "what kind of character do you need for the campaign?" Jim explained that the Hawk had ended up considerably darker than he had wanted, and commented that there was one character everyone seemed to be intimidated by. And I realised that what was called for was a riff on Captain Marvel. Jim agreed. And well, here he is.

He was designed to operate primarily at one level, but be capable of operating at the "earth-shattering" level in a pinch. After a number of different methods were tried, including the one that used to be in this spot, I read Hero High and the Holding Back advantage. Jim and I agreed that this is what we needed to represent the Captain's two different sets of abilities. The one that I actually used in play, and one that was saved for the cosmic emergencies.
Revised the Captain.
Zack Snyder in the 1940s: Hope vs Crosby, Road to Justice

Ken

The Streak (the Saracen)

Post by Ken » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 pm
-The Streak is, if anything, a WORSE name for a Super-Speedster than The Whizzer is! Amazing, I know.

Streak - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 7, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 6, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 5 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Technology 1 (+3)

Powers
Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Custom: Friction Heat 1)
Hypermetabolism: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2)
Starfish Healing: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Super Speed (Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 7, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2)
. . Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+14), Parry +8 (+14))
. . Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone; Limited: Only while Moving)
. . Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks)
. . Speed 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Super Speed Stunts Array
. . Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Multiattack [5 extra ranks], Penetrating 8)
. . Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 17, Concentration)
. . Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (25 tons; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 20; Reduced Range: close)

Equipment
Commlink, Kaleidiscope Uniform [Perception Area Dazzle 6, Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2]

Offense
Initiative +26
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 15)
Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 23)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 20)
Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (DC Fort 17)
Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)

Complications
Pseudo-Intellectual: Jonah plays at being smarter than he really is, and carries himself in the manner of an "Intellectual".
Unintentionally? Annoying: Jonah being annoying is something he has a natural talent for, and it's not something he does deliberately. Well, Jonah-prime, anyway. His evil clone?

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14/6, Parry 14/6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 84 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 178

Background Details: So, a looooong time ago, Neil and Andy had this campaign called the Crusaders. One of the Crusaders was a super-speedster called Kaleidoscope. Now because I accept that Andy is a paranoid f*ck, I will never directly detail Andy's creations here. But, a few decades back, the "cleverly" named Hero ended up with an evil clone called "the Villain". And eventually, I had the villain unleash evil clones of all the Crusaders called "the Saracen".

Kaleidoscope's thing was a terrible multicoloured costume that would, while he ran, make a kaleidoscope effect. So, I had to come up with something MORE obnoxious for his evil clone. He became the Streak. Don't look Ethel.

Does pixilating his junk make it more obvious?

Gamebook

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (oh, yes, I called him the Streak)

Post by Gamebook » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Speedsters seem more prone to silly names than any other type of superhero. Even 'The Flash' can be taken as an unfortunate title.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (oh, yes, I called him the Streak)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:29 am

I'd been missing this thread. You got any more PCs for us :)?

Goldar

Re: The Streak (the Saracen)

Post by Goldar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Ken wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am
Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 pm
-The Streak is, if anything, a WORSE name for a Super-Speedster than The Whizzer is! Amazing, I know.

Streak - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 7, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 6, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 5 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Technology 1 (+3)

Powers
Frictionless Aura: Immunity 1 (Custom: Friction Heat 1)
Hypermetabolism: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2)
Starfish Healing: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Super Speed (Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 7, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2)
. . Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+14), Parry +8 (+14))
. . Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone; Limited: Only while Moving)
. . Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks)
. . Speed 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Super Speed Stunts Array
. . Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Multiattack [5 extra ranks], Penetrating 8)
. . Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 17, Concentration)
. . Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (25 tons; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 20; Reduced Range: close)

Equipment
Commlink, Kaleidiscope Uniform [Perception Area Dazzle 6, Affects Sense: Sight (Impaired), Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area: DC 16 - Sight; Instant Recovery, Limited: to while Kaleidescope is running at superspeed, Limited Degree 2]

Offense
Initiative +26
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 15)
Multipunch: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 23)
Perception Area Dazzle 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 20)
Vacuum: Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 7 (DC Fort 17)
Whirlwind: Cylinder Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)

Complications
Pseudo-Intellectual: Jonah plays at being smarter than he really is, and carries himself in the manner of an "Intellectual".
Unintentionally? Annoying: Jonah being annoying is something he has a natural talent for, and it's not something he does deliberately. Well, Jonah-prime, anyway. His evil clone?

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14/6, Parry 14/6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 84 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 178

Background Details: So, a looooong time ago, Neil and Andy had this campaign called the Crusaders. One of the Crusaders was a super-speedster called Kaleidoscope. Now because I accept that Andy is a paranoid f*ck, I will never directly detail Andy's creations here. But, a few decades back, the "cleverly" named Hero ended up with an evil clone called "the Villain". And eventually, I had the villain unleash evil clones of all the Crusaders called "the Saracen".

Kaleidoscope's thing was a terrible multicoloured costume that would, while he ran, make a kaleidoscope effect. So, I had to come up with something MORE obnoxious for his evil clone. He became the Streak. Don't look Ethel.

Does pixilating his junk make it more obvious?
Yeah. I thought he had herpes. Or a bad reaction from dying his hair red, lol. But I do like it! I think it needs to be made to stand out, with him being evil and all.

I like your ideas and the history you give on each character! You really put time in back then and now on all of these characters. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ken

Capitán Neutron

Post by Ken » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Capitán Neutron - PL 9

Strength 8/3, Stamina 8/3, Agility 7/3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7/4, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Chokehold, Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Holding Back 2, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Languages 1, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+12), Athletics 7 (+15), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Biochemistry 9 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+8), Investigation 3 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 3 (+10/+6), Technology 2 (+5), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Bulletproof Uniform: Impervious Toughness 5
RCS3FC Pills (Activation: Move Action)
. . Bulletproof: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
. . Enhanced Performance plus: Enhanced Strength 1 (+1 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Enhanced Performance: Enhanced Trait 40 (Traits: Agility +4 (+7), Fighting +3 (+7), Stamina +5 (+8), Strength +5 (+8), Ranged Combat +4 (+10), Advantages: Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash)
. . Jump to the Rooftops: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
. . . . Speed: Speed 4 (Alternate; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
RCS4FC: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Holding Back 2; Activation: move action)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Savantphone)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +10 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 23)

Complications
Power Loss: Desideio's powers only last no more than 5 hours (1d20 x 15 minutes) per dose, and he must wait an hour (or however long the power lasted, whichever is less), before redosing with RCS3FC.
Responsibility: Desideio Delezon feels he must use the drug induced power of the RCS3FC to stop the Mexican drug cartels.

Languages
English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 11/9, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 52 + Advantages 13 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 145

Background: Desideio Delezon is a Mexican biochemist who, after being forced to work for the Cartels, decided to fight back, using his biochemical knowledge to concoct a formula that gives him temporary super powers.

Real Life Stuff: Somewhen around '90 or '91, I created the original version of this character for what ended up being a one-shot Villains and Vigilantes game. Basically, he's a riff on the Hourman idea. Rex Tyler has been one of my favourites for a long time. Several months later, I rewrote him for a non-RCU Champions campaign of Jim's that Jim doesn't even remember. It was after his White Knights (see Ham Mulligan), and before he took on the D.C. Defenders (see Emerald Knight). It was very, very brief. I built this guy, and Doug built a speedster called Doppler.

Several years later, we were converting the RCU to DCA. And I still have a sheet for this guy. So we decide to put him and Doppler right at the border between the southern border of Texas (Doppler), and the Mexican town across the border (el Capitan). This necessitated Derek Donovan becoming Desideio Delezon. And one other change was needed. This guy was originally called Captain Miracle. It turns out, my other Captain Miracle was actually called Captain Neutron for the first several months, until his origin developed. So, with the Miracle name taken, this guy got the discarded Captain Neutron, which was then converted to Spanish. And in about 2.5 weeks I'll be playing him for the first time since the early 90s.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Capitán Neutron)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 am

Yay! Another one! I'm actually impressed at how many of your characters tend to be foreigners, or of non-standard origin. I dig the Hourman theme/complications, as it means he has strong limits that define stories- not just little things that might come up once in a while, or things that soon become cliches (Superman & Kryptonite).

Ken

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Capitán Neutron)

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 am
Yay! Another one! I'm actually impressed at how many of your characters tend to be foreigners, or of non-standard origin. I dig the Hourman theme/complications, as it means he has strong limits that define stories- not just little things that might come up once in a while, or things that soon become cliches (Superman & Kryptonite).
It also helps that Hourman is a favourite of mine of the golden-age heroes.

As far as the foreign origin thing goes, I figure the world is a big place.