Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Spectrum »

Some of it comes from having such a wildly divergent perspective than seems perfectly logical and internally consistent but doesn't really fit with the outside world. This can make things really difficult when those concepts are invalidated. Knowing deep down that you're an outsider and being reminded of that in a 'safe' place can be hard.

On the leaving the party early, some social situations can be really rough. The constant feeling of not belonging, the sharp even painful stimuli and trying to relate to other people can be exhausting. Sometimes its easier to run away than continue being there and being drained.

Anyway, not that I would know anything about that.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm Some of it comes from having such a wildly divergent perspective than seems perfectly logical and internally consistent but doesn't really fit with the outside world. This can make things really difficult when those concepts are invalidated. Knowing deep down that you're an outsider and being reminded of that in a 'safe' place can be hard.

On the leaving the party early, some social situations can be really rough. The constant feeling of not belonging, the sharp even painful stimuli and trying to relate to other people can be exhausting. Sometimes its easier to run away than continue being there and being drained.

Anyway, not that I would know anything about that.
hah- I used to wonder what was going on when I got exhausted at parties, fell asleep in my chair, and periodically wandered into empty kitchens instead of hanging out. Then I read up on introversion, and it was like a flashbulb went off in my head- i discovered that there was actually REAL STUFF associated with it, not just "you aren't outgoing".
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! I was thinking of re-posting the Squadron Supreme cast (I was hesitating on doing in back on RA, and it was irking me how 90% of my archives were completely RA, while all the Squadron cast were sitting there with ATT links).

And yeah, it's funny how sincere Gruenwald was in trying to keep to "Class 100" basics, by having guys outright state their strength levels so that it was canon that even someone like HYPERION could only lift one-hundred tons or so. Nowadays, guys are routinely lifting multiple times that.

Hype was way out of scale to the rest of his team, too- Nighthawk wanted to kill Hyperion in the first issue solely because Hype's death would prevent the Squadron having the capability to enact any of their plans. And his inexperience with real, serious combat led to him being handled effectively by the giant Redstone.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Hello!

I can shed a little light on the various Hyperion strength levels (I think), as well as the OHOTMU strength chart.

When Mark Gruenwald made the strength chart, he did mean for it to be the definitive measure of the character at that moment. Subject to change if change occurs within a comic and then spotlighted in the next MU edition. Mark did mean for "100 tons" to mean just that. Albeit, way too low for even back in 1982, it was a starting point to quantify characters.it did need work and further enhancement, something like what the old Marvel Superheroes FASERIP system did.

Although most super-strong characters in he RPG were still kept at only "Unearthly" or 100 tons (really 88-125), and not expanded upon like 150 (Shift X) and so on. After Mark's passing, someone at Marvel needed to have that same insight, step up and expand the levels to higher and more authentic ranges. But no one ever did.

Thus, today, we still have Mark's "100-Ton" range.

For Hyperion's fluctuating strengths, it was stated that it was based on what was shown in the comics. Same thing for Doc Samson. However, in Hyperion's case, it turned out that there are multiple Hyperion's and so the different strengths vary with each individual. While most Hyperion's were weaker than Thor, they could give him a hard time.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Right, but all those later editions were based off of Mark's original version, which I referenced.

Unfortunately, Mark is no longer here for us to ask ( :( ), but I was stating what I heard Mark and others say in interviews. I thought I was adding info and insight based on what the Marvel staff of the day had to say. Sorry if that did not help.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Skaramine

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (The Superfriends)

Post by Skaramine »

Apache Chief generally grew to around 50 feet tall, but he'd been demonstrated to keep up with the alien Colossus when they both expanded in size until they were each standing on a continent and wrestling each other across the Atlantic.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.