Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Jabroniville »

jcjec wrote:Just an FYI, Ken has lost internet connection until Saturday.
I was wondering what happened to that chucklehead.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I was Hoping he didn't get locked out of the system.

But yeah, the weather has been rough on many so far this year.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

To be honest, the company they use for internet service kinda sucks, going down on a semi-regular basis. While they were supposed to come out on Saturday, the Hallaron's had another commitment, so it had to be rescheduled. So, he's still down for the moment.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Now that you're back, you need to post Emerald Knight for the people to see. ;)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I think "Deflect" is one of those powers that always annoy GMs, because they reduce the effects of damage across the battlefield. Ares told me about how his Deflect-O-Rama Kung Fu guy was a constant source of annoyance to Crinos during a game he played- because the dude could counter any direct attack, Crinos apparently spent a ton of time complaining about how "unbalanced" he was, and how "annoying" he was to fight. There were, of course, ways around that (Area Attacks, etc.), but the fact that there was this guy who was so hard to fit was apparently a major issue with the GM.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The Alpha Dog/Harry scrap sounds frighteningly like the situation in my only Heroes Unlimited game, with another of those "you're all expected to just go along with my bizarre flights of fancy / mission disrupting antics" characters. What IS IT with those types and hostile overreacting to not being indulged?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoid

Re: Alpha Dog

Post by Hoid »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:23 am Image

Alpha Dog - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 4, Intellect 8, Awareness 8, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: TK Slam, Improved Defense, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 7, Speed of Thought, Taunt, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+2), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Science 2 (+10), Insight 2 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+3), Investigation 2 (+10), Perception 1 (+13/+9), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Telekinisis 3 (+1), Technology 4 (+12), Treatment 1 (+9)

Powers
Bite: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 16)
Cairn Disguise: Feature 1 (Notes: Can disguise himself as a Cairn Terrier)
Canine Senses
Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Perception +4 (+13))
Senses 4 (Acute: Smell, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Smell 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing)
Cute Little Puppy: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks; Custom: Reverse Sustained, Innate)
Big Dog
Enhanced Trait 11 (Traits: Fighting +5 (+9), Parry -4 (+4), Toughness +2 (+14), Strength +2 (+2), Fortitude -2 (+3), Dodge +1 (+9))
Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks)
Marking: Feature 1
Movement Array
Normal Running Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Super-Sonic Dog: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round; Concentration)
Telekinetic Lift: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Subtle: subtle)
Psionic Effects
BARK!!!: Mental Blast 7 (DC 22)
Crushing Telekinisis: Move Object 8 (6 tons, DC 23; Accurate 2: +4, Damaging, Subtle: subtle)
Psionic Whatever: Variable 3 (Action 2: free; Limited: to Telepathic and Telekinetic effects)
RARF!!: Perception Area Damage 7 (DC 22; Alternate Resistance: Will, Perception Area: DC 17 - visual, Selective)
Telekinetic Slam: Blast 12 (DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical; Subtle: subtle)
Telekinetic Walls: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Movable, Stationary, Subtle 2: invisible; Proportional [5 ranks only])
Telekinisis: Move Object 12 (100 tons; Subtle: subtle)
Telepathy
Mental Communication 2
Mind Reading 10 (DC 20)
So, what are dog years?: Immunity 1 (Aging)
Telekinetic Shield: Protection 11 (+11 Toughness; Sustained)

Power Settings
Loud BARK! (Powers: Mental Blast: Perception Area Damage 5)
Telekinetic Strength Boost (Powers: Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 11)

Equipment
Communicator Collar 1

Offense
Initiative +8
BARK!!!: Mental Blast 7 (DC Will 22)
Bite: Strength-based Damage 1, +4 (DC 16)
Crushing Telekinisis: Move Object 8, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Mental Blast: Perception Area Damage 5 (DC Will 20)
Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
RARF!!: Perception Area Damage 7 (DC Will 22)
Telekinetic Slam: Blast 12, +8 (DC 27)
Telekinisis: Move Object 12, +8 (DC 22)
Throw, +5 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 15)

Complications
Beware of dog!: Do not violate Linus's territory.
Good Dog: Linus has a very strong sense of morality and feels that the time has come to help Dog's Best Friend.
Grudge: Bob Barker! Gee thanks! No one asked me if I wanted to be neutered.
He's a dog!: Linus has to make a Will check at -5 to avoid chasing squirrels, thrown sticks etc. whenever someone calls out "squirrel" or "fetch". Similarly, Persuasion and Deception checks against Linus get +5 if they accompany food or belly scratching.
Prejudice: Linus is a dog. There are several social ramifications to this, not the least of which is buildings not letting him in.
Quirk: Linus misses Professor and Mama Newman, and his most preciously guarded posession is the faded aqua-coloured blanket that was his baby-blanket/kennel liner.

Languages
Dog, English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 12, Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 85 + Advantages 16 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 179

Background Roy Newman was a retired Nasa scientist who had worked on the Apollo program. When he retired, he, his wife Eunice, and their pet west-higthland white terrier, Linus; moved from Cocoa Beach to the calmer Gulf side of Florida. Linus was among the animals affected by the the Omnisphere after it was unearthed a few years ago. Linus kept his heightened intelligence and powers a secret and continued his responsibility taking care of the Newmans until, recently, when they went the way of all beings.

No longer content to learn from the Newmans' books or the magic box (which he now knows is called 'television'), Linus has decided to see the world and use his super-canine powers to help Dog's Best Friend.

Real World Stuff After the problems that plagued Zero Man in Neil's San Francisco game, he and I made a a concerted effort to find a character idea that actually would fit what Neil wanted to do as a gamemaster in a 'super hero' game. The result was a super-powered, talking dog.

Neil likes weird shit.

Thankfully, my family has had dogs most of my life. And several of them have been West Highland Terriers. Neil's family, conversely, never had dogs, so the dogs Neil has known best, over the years, are likely my family's as well. It was Neil who suggested that Linus be a Westie. And since West Highland Terriers are a Scottish breed, I ended up playing Linus with my attempt at a Scottish accent, which is also my sorry attempt at a Sean Connery impression.
He fights crime...with cuteness!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:30 pm I think "Deflect" is one of those powers that always annoy GMs, because they reduce the effects of damage across the battlefield. Ares told me about how his Deflect-O-Rama Kung Fu guy was a constant source of annoyance to Crinos during a game he played- because the dude could counter any direct attack, Crinos apparently spent a ton of time complaining about how "unbalanced" he was, and how "annoying" he was to fight. There were, of course, ways around that (Area Attacks, etc.), but the fact that there was this guy who was so hard to fit was apparently a major issue with the GM.
Wow, I had totally been reading Deflect wrong. After re-doing so, 1) I need to update some builds and 2) I can TOTALLY see someone breaking a game with that. Feels like some Perception range Stamina Drain would be a'comin' in short order if I was GM-ing. :evil:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum