Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

[
Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Jabroniville »

URGH. Was all "Ugh, way too tired to type in a reply, so I'll do so tomorrow", and then completely forgot about it today.

Guys named "Hero" and "Villain" are rather, uh... peculiar. And it makes for reading the bio difficult at times, because my mind always goes "did he just capitalize 'hero' by mista-- oh no, that's HERO, never mind."

The real-world backstory is highly peculiar, but ironically makes the guy seem more like a "real" comic book character. Like it goes all over the place, gets needlessly complicated, and ends up with multiple "versions" of a character running around because one is "off-limits" while another "Writer" wants to use him.

Wow, the Freax only lasted one session? That's shocking considering the length of time you guys have played. And all that work for Enigma- a guy who barely appeared until much later :).
Woodclaw

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm URGH. Was all "Ugh, way too tired to type in a reply, so I'll do so tomorrow", and then completely forgot about it today.

Guys named "Hero" and "Villain" are rather, uh... peculiar. And it makes for reading the bio difficult at times, because my mind always goes "did he just capitalize 'hero' by mista-- oh no, that's HERO, never mind."

The real-world backstory is highly peculiar, but ironically makes the guy seem more like a "real" comic book character. Like it goes all over the place, gets needlessly complicated, and ends up with multiple "versions" of a character running around because one is "off-limits" while another "Writer" wants to use him.

Wow, the Freax only lasted one session? That's shocking considering the length of time you guys have played. And all that work for Enigma- a guy who barely appeared until much later :).
Are dissing the might Captain Hero? :P :lol:

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ken

Post by Ken »

[
Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
jcjec

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo, Houngan, Black Volt)

Post by jcjec »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 am Houngan is pretty interesting. I like how other players can pick up characters that others leave behind- that's not something I've heard of very often.
While it doesn't happen a lot, with a universe that's as large and detailed as ours, its sometimes easier to go "it sounds like this is the type of character you're looking for. Here, try this one" for newbies, and sometimes they stick. Other times, players will see a good character underutilized and, when its player looses interest completely, ask to pick them up. And once in a great while, people's fond memories of a character convince a GM to bring it back as an NPC / GMPC.

As the person who's picked up the most characters created by someone else (Turbo, Enigma, Marcus Tanner [aka Fantastic Dude], White Mask [after a fashion] and Pallequin) and paved the way for others (Houngan and Starlight), I'm actually quite pleased with the success rate.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shock

Post by Shock »

Very sorry Ken.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sorry, man. All the best.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Qaranites, the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool- your own version of Daxamites, sort of. Makes for a very lethal threat- a group of nineteen Class 50s is insane.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Skaramine

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Chevalier d'Acier, Qaranites, the Hero clan)

Post by Skaramine »

Plumeau. I'm Downey with that.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.