Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Druid, Pteetian, Samson, Girrigan)

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, another super-powerful guy with Lots And Lots of Powers. Growth, Healing, Create Object, TK and Flying Brick powers seems like a real grab-bag/superpower lottery thing.

This isn't the first Quebecois guy in your campaign world- is there a reason for them being somewhat common?

How come your online gaming thing didn't last? Just the nature of online gaming (ie. it starts quick and then peters out)?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Druid, Pteetian, Samson, Girrigan)

Post by Jabroniville »

Fascinating backstory, as always- thanks for the clarification :). So Quebec separated due to the influence of a Frenchwoman? Kind of fitting, though Quebec is often treated like uncultured hillbillies by France, which sees it as a "former colony". Though Charles de Gaulle is credited/blamed for the Quebec Separatist movement with his "Vive la France! Vive la Quebec!" speech.

Oddly, despite the referendum in the '90s, the Frontier de Liberation du Quebec (FLQ) hit its peak around the 1970s, and even murdered people. The October Crisis in 1970 was a big to-do, with Prime Minister Trudeau (the current PM's father) infamously declaring the War Measures Act (essentially, martial law) in Quebec, taunting a reporter with "just watch me", when asked how far he'd go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis

Lucien Bouchard, leader of the separatist Bloc Quebecois in the '90s, is the one who nearly got Quebec sovereignty. When the Conservative Party collapsed in the '90s, the PQs were actually the Official Opposition for one term! However, failing to get sovereignty damaged them, and then Conservative leader Jean Charest switched parties and ran as a Liberal in Quebec, winning the role of Premier (leader of a province)- this basically killed what was left of the movement.

Thinking about how different Canada would be today if the separatists had won is a fascinating thing, though. Most people are pretty sure that the Quebecois economy would be in tatters, and also probably make a mess of the Maritime provinces.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (too many Hydronauts and Devilfishes)

Post by Jabroniville »

Andy thought, "they look cool; Devilfish reminds me of Batman" and "their powersuits would make them super even away from the water."

So, suddenly Devilfish and Hydronaut were a duo, ignoring their estanlished modus operandi, and getting their asses kicked in Denver.

I was livid. One of the things about having several GMs in a shared universe, is that if one uses someone else's creation, one should a) be consistent about characterisation, and b) try to leave them in roughly the same condition they were in when you borrowed them. Leaving them in jail, that's not a big deal.
I dunno- Random Villain Team-Ups is pretty common in comics. The only issue for me here is the whole "running around outside of water". But even that can be explained away as "LOL there's no superheroes HERE- we can be free of Riptide!" Seems like you took this moment of annoyance and slaughtered all of the subsequent characters and those linked to them out of spite for this perceived slight.

How come only Devilfish I uses the "Stinger"?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar

Re: Rest in peace, Ken's Dad

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:48 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 amRest in peace, Mom.
And, rest in peace, Dad. I'm at least glad you two are together again.
Oh Ken! I am so sorry for your loss(es)!

Many prayers and well-wishes go out from me to you for you and your family.

Remember to take care of yourself at this difficult time.

Please write if i can help you in any way.
catsi563

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (too many Hydronauts and Devilfishes)

Post by catsi563 »

So sorry for your loss Ken well wishes and warm thoughts for you.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »