Ken's Kache of Khracters (Druid, Pteetian, Samson, Girrigan)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Demoltion, Mass Master, White Tiger, Infinity, Silver Bullet)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 am

Hah- that backstory. I've known some weirdos in my day, too (and a few of them WEREN'T furries!). Though working retail, you see a lot of them, too. Saw the better part of a crazy dude's ass just this afternoon, because he's been banned and the cops had to take him down in the arrest :).

Ken

Captain Zhou Kaobong

Post by Ken » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:37 am

Captain Zhou Kaobong - PL 13

Strength 13, Stamina 13, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit, Security Clearance: People's Liberation Army, Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Intimidation), Improved Critical 2: Accurate Blow, Improved Critical: Martial Strike, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 1 (+14), Close Combat: Grab 3 (+13), Expertise: Asia 3 (+5), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Throw 10 (+12), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 2 (+4)

Powers
Flight Array
. . Main Flying: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
. . Sub-Orbital Insertion: Flight 15 (Speed: 64000 miles/hour, 120 miles/round; Distracting)
Martial Skill Array
. . Accurate Blow: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 29, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Accurate: +2)
. . Focused Lifting: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 31, Advantages: Improved Critical)
. . Power Strike: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 33; Inaccurate: -2)
Nigh Invulnerability
. . Immunity: Immunity 15 (Life Support, Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 13
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
Super Senses: Senses 7 (Extended: Hearing 2: x100, Extended: Sight 2: x100, Low-light Vision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultra-hearing)
Tremendous Lifting: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR; Limited to Lifting)

Equipment
Commlink

Offense
Initiative +10
Accurate Blow: Strength-based Damage 1, +12 (DC 29)
Grab, +13 (DC Spec 23)
Martial Strike: Strength-based Damage 3, +10 (DC 31)
Power Strike: Strength-based Damage 5, +8 (DC 33)
Throw, +12 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 28)

Complications
Enemy: After dropping an enemy spaceship on Pyongyang, Captain Zhou is particularly unpopular with North Korea.
Personal Glory / Envy: Kaobong recognises that with his great power, that, anywhere else in the world, he could be a famous super hero, not just a power agent of the People's Republic. He's envious of western supers in that regard.

Languages
Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin (Chinese)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 13, Toughness 16/15, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 98 + Powers 61 + Advantages 15 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 208

Background Very little is known about the parahumans of China. When they are discovered, they are immediately drafted into the military to serve. As with most of their society, the idea of individualism is sacrificed for the betterment of the whole, so solo heroes are unheard of. Rather than going with the codenames, costumes and pageantry of the west, they blend in with the rest of their fellow soldiers, wearing military uniforms.

Confirmation of their members is spotty, save for Captain Zhou, who made a very public appearance during the recent alien robot invasion, catching one of the alien ships and dropping it toward North Korea. Turbo encountered Chou during the Darkness Saga, but of the numerous other members, only two are known due to rumors. The rest are completely unknown.

Real World Stuff I actually decided to post this guy because of some of the discussion going on in Jab's thread, particularly about non-American super beings.

You see, the super hero is a very American concept. Not just that the idea was invented here (remember Joe Shuster was a Canadian immigrant), but the whole lone, loud, brash, figure trying to do what he thinks is right no matter what anyone tells him. Super heroes are intrinsically obnoxious, like Americans. Yes, some of the super hero forbears come from Europe (Arthur, Robin Hood, the Musketeers), but the actual super hero is a product of American culture. And it is for that reason that the U.S. has more super heroes per capita than any other nation on the RCU Earth. Canada is second. Shocker.

Of course, other nations have their super heroes, but the very idea is a cultural import, so they are less numerous.

The People's Republic of China, though, is the most populous nation on Earth. Even if the "per capita" is low, why aren't there super heroes in China? Because for the vast majority of the age of the "super hero" China has been a communist country. Never mind lame concepts like "the Collective Man". If the quintessential American hero is a loner, the point of communism is the good of the Collective. In my opinion (and in the RCU my opinion often is fact), the Chinese government wouldn't want gaudily clad individuals. They'd conscript super beings into their military. These being could and are still perceived as heroes, but it is heroism as part of the military might of the nation, not the individual. Captain Zhou Kaobong is a decorated veteran of the parahuman branch of the People's Liberation Army. He may be a hero; but he's not a super hero, he's a soldier.
What kind of crap glass was used in the windows of Wayne Manor (post-Crisis) that an animal with a mass of less than 27 grams (i.e. weighs less than an ounce) could break through it?

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Captain Zhou; several Eclpise related)

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

Neat! Glad to see my own thread has inspired some stuff in here- I agree that most Chinese "Super-Heroes" would be conscripted soldiers- the idea that they'd all wear the same uniform as regular soldiers didn't occur to me, but is perfect. I don't even know if the Chinese military even has "Elite Units"- hell, what does their military even DO anymore? Drills? Put down uprisings nobody here even knows about? Hell, modern China isn't even Communist anymore- it's an autocratic capitalist society!

Ken

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Captain Zhou; several Eclpise related)

Post by Ken » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am
Neat! Glad to see my own thread has inspired some stuff in here- I agree that most Chinese "Super-Heroes" would be conscripted soldiers- the idea that they'd all wear the same uniform as regular soldiers didn't occur to me, but is perfect. I don't even know if the Chinese military even has "Elite Units"- hell, what does their military even DO anymore? Drills? Put down uprisings nobody here even knows about?
I don't know what their military does either, that's why I've not felt the need to develop a lot of Chinese supers. I basically mentioned Kaobong, but not by name, the night I ran an alien invasion adventure in three hours. Basically, I focused the story on the actions of 4 PCs : two on the ground fighting the troops (Longbow and la Chatte Noire III and a few allies) and two in space fighting the alien craft (Major Marvel and Commander Quantum and some of their allies). But I gave a quick overview of what else was happening around the world, and one of the things I mentioned was a member of the Chinese parahuman military had defeated one of the alien ships, and dropped in on Kim Jong Il's palace in North Korea. And after that I decided I should at least build that one Chinese hero.

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am
Hell, modern China isn't even Communist anymore- it's an autocratic capitalist society!
That's because communism 1) doesn't work on large scale societies since sooner or later greed kicks in, and 2) is really efficient at putting autocrats in power.
What kind of crap glass was used in the windows of Wayne Manor (post-Crisis) that an animal with a mass of less than 27 grams (i.e. weighs less than an ounce) could break through it?

Ken

Yuna Hu

Post by Ken » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Yuna Hu - PL 12

Strength 10/1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect 7, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Close Attack 6, Improved Critical: Big Blaster, Inventor, Languages 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Ranged Attack 6, Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 1 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Science 8 (+15), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 5 (+5), Stealth 2 (+6), Technology 8 (+15), Vehicles 9 (+10)

Powers
Helmeted Bikini Power Armour
. . Communication System: Radio Communication 3 (Limited: May only be received via appropriate sense or device)
. . Covers the Good Bits: Immunity 9 (Critical Hits, Sensory Affliction Effects, Suffocation (All))
. . Covers the Good Bits: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious; Unreliable (roll))
. . Evasion System: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+9), Parry +3 (+9))
. . Force Field Lifting Boost: Enhanced Trait 18 (Traits: Strength +9 (+10))
. . Force Field: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Impervious, Subtle: subtle)
. . Gadget du Jour: Variable 1 (Slow)
. . Senses 11 (Distance Sense, Extended: Vision 5: x100k, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing)
. . Targeting System: Enhanced Trait 12 (Advantages: Close Attack 6, Ranged Attack 6)
Boot Jets (Removable)
. . Jet Boot Array
. . . . After Burners: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round; Concentration, Distracting)
. . . . Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
. . . . Jump Jets: Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
Weapons Systems (Removable)
. . Weapons Array
. . . . Autocannon: Damage 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . . . Big Blaster: Damage 16 (DC 31, Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged; Inaccurate 2: -4)

Offense
Initiative +4
Autocannon: Damage 10, +14 (DC 25)
Big Blaster: Damage 16, +8 (DC 31)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +12 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 25)

Complications
Enemy/Obsession: Yuna wants to revenge for all the defeats her father (Doctor Hu) received at the hands of Doctor Radio and/or Amazon Grace by killing Charcoal.
Motivation: Greed: Yuna would also like to be very, very rich, and there isn't a lot of money in revenge.

Languages
Cantonese, Chinese (Mandarin), English

Defense
Dodge 9/6, Parry 9/6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 15, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 132 + Advantages 13 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 227

Background Dr. Wu Hu is a Chinese-American mad scientist, who used to run afoul of Doctor Radio and Amazon Grace. Wu had a wife, a Japanese-American woman named Mesumi, and a little over a quarter century ago, in between prison stays, they conceived a daughter, Yuna.

Musumi Hu has died since then, and Yuna has followed in her father's footsteps. As the daughter of "Doctor Radio's greatest enemy" (not really, but that's what she believes), she feels "honour-bound" to kill Dr. Radio's daughter, the Champion of Justice Charcoal. To that end she has constructed a ... curiously designed battlesuit, and has set out on a life of crime.

Today, her father is reformed and is the Head of Technological Advances at CREST* in Tampa Bay.

Real World Stuff
Ken wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 am
Jenn was an otaku... When told the idea was "a new generation of super-heroes, her brain went to Project A-Ko. And that's the direction she went: a riff on A-Ko.
Charcoal was inspired by A-ko, pure and simple. After a long time, a few years ago, I finally created Charcoal's "B-ko" i.e. arch-nemesis scantily clad in power armour.

CREST*, one might be able to guess, was inspired by Marvel's Advanced Idea Mechanics.

* CREST - Creative Research, Engineering, Science & Technology

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Yuna Hu, Captain Zhou, Eclpise related)

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:05 am

What's funny is that Project A-Ko was a HUGE influence on the early American anime fandom, but is now fairly obscure. Also, it was so early in the fandom that the things the show was making fun of were barely even KNOWN to American audiences, but despite that, the thing went on to a lot of acclaim. To the point where in the early 2000s, it was a common sight to see a store's "Anime Section" consist entirely of Project A-Ko and a tiny handful of other things- an early Something Positive comic cracked wise about that kind of thing.

Nowadays, I'm not even sure how many people know what it is. I've never actually seen it, myself.

But yeah, Charcoal and Yuna Hu (hee... "Wu Hu"...) are pretty fun- a bit silly without being REALLY silly. A good balance.

Ken

Re: Ms. Scarlet

Post by Ken » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Ken wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:34 am
Image.ImageImage

Ms. Scarlet - PL 11

Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 8, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Benefit: Champion of Justice, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 21, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3: Zap Knuckles, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Inventor, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery: Ranged Combat, Skill Mastery: Vehicles, Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Piloting, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Aeronautics 7 (+15), Expertise: Engineering 7 (+15), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 1 (+3), Investigation 1 (+9), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Weapons Array 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 4 (+12), Treatment 1 (+9), Vehicles 11 (+21/+13)

Powers
Kick-Ass Pilot: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Vehicles +8 (+21); Limited: Not with Land Vehicles)
Armoured Uniform: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [3 extra ranks])
Centurion Control: Summon 11 (Easily Removable; Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)
Mask Lenses: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Vision Only, Limited - Half Effect)
Weapons Array
. . Grenades: Burst Area Damage 11 (Easily Removable, DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 3, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Net Gun: Snare 10 (Easily Removable, DC 20; Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Ray Gun: Damage 6 (Easily Removable, DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Recoil-less Blaster: Blast 10 (Easily Removable, DC 25)
. . Stun Gun: Affliction 10 (Easily Removable, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Zap Knuckles: Strength-based Damage 11 (Removable, DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical 3; Accurate: +2)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-015 2, Contribution to CoJ Vehicles 3, Contribution to CoJ Bases 1, Scarlet Ship, Scarlet Spaceplane, Tara

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 11)
Grenades: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Net Gun: Snare 10, +12 (DC Dog 20)
Ray Gun: Damage 6, +16 (DC 21)
Recoil-less Blaster: Blast 10, +12 (DC 25)
Stun Gun: Affliction 10, +12 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +8 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 16)
Zap Knuckles: Strength-based Damage 11, +10 (DC 27)

Complications
Power Loss: If Paula is caught without her chain-mail uniform, she is a lot easier to hurt.
Practical Jokester: Paula's tendancies towards practical and impractical jokes has numerous effects on people.
Relationships: Paula lives with her boyfriend Peter McMurphy and her father, Peter Rostokov. Her father's former apprentice, Technon, is a teammate as well as "adoptive brother".
Responsibility: Being the daughter of Legion of Champion veterans left Paula with many issues.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/5, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 51 + Advantages 52 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 222

--------------------

Scarlet Centurion - PL 11

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility -4, Dexterity -4, Fighting 0, Intellect -, Awareness -5, Presence -

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Close Attack 8, Diehard, Hero Lab Bug 4, Improved Critical 4: Particle Beam Blast: Damage 13, Improved Critical: Big Blast: Damage 17, Improved Initiative 2, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Perception 15 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throw 11 (+7), Ranged Combat: Weapon System 13 (+9), Stealth 1 (-19)

Powers
Giant Robot: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
that's Lighter than one'd expect
. . Enhanced Trait 0 (Traits: Toughness -4 (+18), Advantages: Hero Lab Bug 4)
. . Growth 4 (+2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank; Limited to Increasing Size Only, Permanent)
Armor: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [11 extra ranks])
Cargo and Passenger Compartments: Feature 1
Giant Sword: Strength-based Damage 6 (Removable, DC 35; Inaccurate 3: -6)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects
Impressive Robot: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Intimidation +8 (+16); Permanent)
Jet System Array
. . Afterburner: Flight 13 (Speed: 16000 miles/hour, 30 miles/round; Concentration, Distracting)
. . Jump Jets: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Aquatic)
Load Bearing Chassis: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Radar: Senses 10 (Accurate: Ranged Touch, Acute: Ranged Touch, Extended: Ranged Touch 5: x100k, Radius: Ranged Touch, Ranged: Touch)
Sensors: Senses 11 (Analytical (Type): Sight, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Low-light Vision, Radio, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
Weapon System Array
. . Big Blast: Damage 17 (DC 32, Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged; Inaccurate 2: -4)
. . Flamethrower: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area 4: 250 cft., DC 16, Reach (ranged) 3: 15 ft.)
. . Mini-Missile Swarm: Damage 9 (DC 24; Accurate 2: +4, Homing 4: 4 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Missiles: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Particle Beam Blast: Damage 13 (DC 28, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Extended Range 3, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +4
Big Blast: Damage 17, +5 (DC 32)
Flamethrower: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Giant Sword: Strength-based Damage 6, +2 (DC 35)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 24)
Mini-Missile Swarm: Damage 9, +13 (DC 24)
Missiles: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Particle Beam Blast: Damage 13, +9 (DC 28)
Throw, +7 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Complex Machine: Operating the Scarlet Centurion, either from the inside, or with the control box requires both a Vehicles (aircraft) check of DC 15 as well as a Technology check of DC 10.
Disability: The Scarlet Centurion is a robot comparable in size to the Statue of Liberty, but at twice the weight. There are a lot of places it cannot go.

Languages
Binary, English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 18/22, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -52 + Powers 150 + Advantages 17 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 165

--------------------

Scarlet Ship - PL 11

Strength 10, Defense -2, Toughness 13, Size Huge

Features:
Alarm 1, C.A.P.T.A.I.N. 3, Drop Lines 5, Hidden Compartments 1, Navigation System 1, Radar 1, Sonar 1

Powers
Engines Array
. . Afterburner: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)
. . Jets and Impeller: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round; Aquatic)
Radar Shielding: Concealment 1 (Other Sense: Radar)
Weapons System Array
. . Blaster Cannon: Damage 12 (DC 27; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Rockets: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Extended Range 4, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Turbo Lasers: Damage 6 (DC 21; Accurate 4: +8, Extended Range 3, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)

Offense
Blaster Cannon: Damage 12, +10 (DC 27)
Rockets: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Turbo Lasers: Damage 6, +16 (DC 21)

Power Points
Abilities 4 + Powers 55 + Advantages 0 + Features 13 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 6 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 78

--------------------

Scarlet Spaceplane - PL 11

(Alternate of Scarlet Ship)

Strength 11, Defense -3, Toughness 13, Size Gargantuan

Features:
Alarm 1, C.A.P.T.A.I.N. 3, Hidden Compartments 1, Long-Range Sensors 1, Navigation System 1, Radar 1

Powers
Engines Array
. . Spaceflight
. . . . Flight 19 (Speed: 1 million miles/hour, 2000 miles/round; Concentration)
. . . . Movement 1 (Space Travel 1: within solar system)
. . Standard Flight: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Radar Shielding: Concealment 1 (Other Sense: Radar)
Weapons System Array
. . Blaster Cannon: Damage 12 (DC 27; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Rockets: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Extended Range 4, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Turbo Lasers: Damage 6 (DC 21; Accurate 4: +8, Extended Range 3, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)

Offense
Blaster Cannon: Damage 12, +10 (DC 27)
Turbo Lasers: Damage 6, +16 (DC 21)

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 52 + Advantages 0 + Features 8 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 5 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 67

--------------------

Tara - PL 11

Toughness 10, Size Huge

Features:
Communications, Computer, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret 1, Security System 2, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 15 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 2 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 20

Known Background Ms. Scarlet began her career as a costumed adventurer twelve years ago, when the Champions of Justice were reforming after briefly disbanding. She has had a minimal solo career, working almost exclusively with the team of heroes. She has indicated publicly that she is the daughter of the 1950’s-60’s super hero Techno-Wizard. She has not been an overly prominent Champion of Justice. She voids the limelight, and her abilities as an adventurer are not overly spectacular. She was a member in good standing for several years, and has enjoyed, and been perplexed by, a good measure of popularity within the team. Despite this she has become an inactive member as she has become involved with Peter (Fireforce) McMurphy. More recently, she's retired, as she and Peter are trying to adopt children.

Personality Ms. Scarlet grew up in a super hero environment. As such, she is very casual about the life of the costumed adventurer. She believes strongly in what they are doing and is comfortable being a part of it. However, she is also very aware of her own mortality, and if it weren’t for genuinely liking some of the Champions, she could easily leave it behind. She lacks confidence in her own abilities, believing them to be overshadowed by the likes of Stuntman and Dr. Technon. She thinks she should give up smoking completely. She is also something of a practical joker and she enjoys magic tricks.

Powers/Tactics Ms. Scarlet has no true super powers. Her greatest gift is her skill as an avionics engineer and as a pilot. She is an adequately trained martial artist. She has considerable skill in other areas of engineering and is good at designing and assembling weapons. She carries many of these gadgets with her.

She pilot’s the Scarlet Ship. The Scarlet Ship is a marvel of engineering. It is a submersible, jet powered flying craft that is capable of achieving super sonic speeds, but it is also able to hover in place. Ms. Scarlet is often upgrading its weaponry.

Appearance Ms. Scarlet is an attractive looking blue eyed blonde. She stands 5’7” and weighs 130 lb. She appears to be considerably younger than her actual age. She wears a leather jacket and boots, all red, over a black micro-chain mail bodysuit.

Real World Stuff
In the 1st-3rd editions of "Champions", there was no game mechanic for truly super, super-human speed. The fastest any character to get, with anything resembling a decent point cost, was around 300 mph. Still impressive, but not what I wanted for the Champions of Justice who I wanted to be highly, highly mobile. This was only a problem between January 1988 (when we started using "Champions") and mid-to-late 1989 when the 4th edition came out. But, in the meantime....

In the early issues of Justice League, the Giffen-deMattis era, post "of America" and pre-"International", the League got around in Blue Beetle's Bug. Ted Kord was the inspiration for Ms. Scarlet. The Bug was the inspiration for the Scarlet Ship. I made her a chick, because, well, why not? She proved very popular with my players, although almost never in a "my character pursues a romantic relationship with Paula" kind of way.

Then, as I said, in late 1989, when converting from 3rd to 4th, the velocity issue with various characters got addressed. The Scarlet Ship became less needed. Then, in late 1991, my friend Andy joined our gaming group, and he (re-)introduced Stuntman. I knew a much, much earlier version of Stuntman from about 1984, when Andy and I were in high school. The version introduced in '91 had been through a lot, had changed his costume (to include a jacket, no less), and his tendencies as a wise-cracking joker were more evident than I remembered. And, he was a gadget wielding, vehicle piloting kind os super-hero. Stuntman made Ms. Scarlet utterly redundant. Andy knew nothing of her, so it's not like it was on purpose. Hell, Andy was just getting to know my college friends since, at that point it was clear that they were, like him, in for the long haul and not just "college friends".

It seemed natural enough to me to push Ms. Scarlet to the proverbial back-burner. As a story-teller, I no longer needed her nor her toys. And, of course, always give priority to a PC over an NPC. So, Scarlet kind of faded into the background.

Then, one day, years later, I was looking for a sacrificial lamb character. I wanted to kill off an NPC hero to make a point of some kind: this new villain's a bad-ass or something. And, since I no longer needed her, I considered using her. I mentioned in passing that I was thinking about killing Ms. Scarlet off to my friends. And they lost their shit!

Well, I didn't kill her off. But to this day I don't understand the whole "yeah, it's okay if you don't use her but, damn, you better not kill her" thing.

Eventually, Jim let his Fireforce character stop mourning his dead wife (long story), and get involved with Ms. Scarlet. mostly off-screen. Deep down, I think it has less to do with him wanting Peter to grow and be happy, and more to do with giving me an express reason to not kill her off.
In the middle of last month, I went into her build and gave her a remote control that would let her call (Summon) a 110 ft. robot that I have hinted for the past few years that she's been working on building. Then yesterday, Jab said
Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 am
Okay yeah, I checked, and I don't have the Gadget Guide for Mechs. I didn't care for the 2e rules (I'm still very certain the Mecha & Manga rulebook actually calculated their sample versions improperly, too), so I went with "Treat it as a Monster with some rule restrictions" for simplicity's sake. If there's one thing M&M wasn't really designed to do, it was reflect hundred-foot-tall Giant Robots :).
And I had to accept the challenge and put up my edited copy of Ms. Scarlet.

Ken

National Mecha Team of Nippon N-1 & N-2

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:42 pm

N-1 Crimson Lion Operator - PL 8

Strength 5/3, Stamina 5/3, Agility 7/5, Dexterity 4/2, Fighting 8/6, Intellect 2, Awareness 5/3, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Hero, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Improved Initiative, Inspire 4, Languages 2, Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork, Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Expertise: Classic Film 3 (+5), Expertise: History 4 (+6), Expertise: Tactics 5 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 4 (+8), Stealth 1 (+8), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+5), Stamina +2 (+5), Agility +2 (+7), Dexterity +2 (+4), Fighting +2 (+8), Awareness +2 (+5))
Cybernetic Leg Enhancement Array
. . Jumping: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
. . Running: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
May Use Vehicles skill to pilot Mecha: Feature 1
Release the Lion: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment
Commlink, Motorcycle, Savant Phone 2, Weapon Array (Ray Pistol, Sword)

Offense
Initiative +11
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +8 (DC 23)
Throw, +4 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 20)

Complications
Forbidden Love: Hiro Supra has it bad for Reika Yamada (N-3), however, he also believes these feelings are inappropriate so he remains ridiculously stoic around her.
Responsibility: As the leader of National Mecha Team of Nippon, he takes the position very seriously. If anything goes wrong with the team, he feels it is his fault, whether it actually is or not.
What's Pop Culture?: Hiro Supra has spent so much of his time dedicated to training that he's unaware of social norms and trends in the modern world around him. As such, he tends to be out of style with his clothing and talk.

Languages
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 63 + Advantages 28 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 176

--------------------

N-1 Crimson Lion Mech - PL 11

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 6, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Famous Japanese Mech, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Big Machine: Growth 13 (+13 STR, +13 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -13 Stealth, -7 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +13 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
Not as Heavy as Expected: Growth 4 (+2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank; Limited to Increasing Size Only, Permanent)
Armor
. . +4 Toughness

. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -1 (Traits: Toughness -1 (+16))
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 11
Autopilot: Feature 1
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Crimson Lion mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
. . Jumping: Leaping 7 (Leap 900 feet at 250 miles/hour)
. . Running: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Ranged Weapons System Array
. . Blaster: Damage 14 (DC 29; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Rockets: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Increased Range: ranged)
Sensor Suit: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha Team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)
Tooth and Claw: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 31)

Offense
Initiative +10
Blaster: Damage 14, +8 (DC 29)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 24)
Throw, -2 (DC 29)
Tooth and Claw: Strength-based Damage 2, +6 (DC 31)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Crimson Lion Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Crimson Lion Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Lion from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 16/17, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -8 + Powers 132 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 163

--------------------

N-2 Black Ram Operator - PL 8

Strength 5/3, Stamina 5/3, Agility 6/4, Dexterity 4/2, Fighting 8/6, Intellect 2, Awareness 6/4, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Hero, Connected, Cool: Persuasion, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 6, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Languages 2, Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 1 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise (DEX): Target Practice 6 (+10), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+8), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+5), Stamina +2 (+5), Agility +2 (+6), Dexterity +2 (+4), Fighting +2 (+8), Awareness +2 (+6))
Release the Ram: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +8 (DC 23)
Throw, +4 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 20)

Complications
It Should Have Been Me: Ichiro Nakamura genuinely believes that he, not Hiro Supra, should be the Mecha Team's field leader. As such there is something of a rivalry between Hiro and himself.
Moody and Sullen: Ichiro is prone to sitting around brooding. One would think this would make him poor company, but it somehow helps him score with the ladies.

Languages
English, Japanese, Korean

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8/5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 63 + Advantages 29 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 176

--------------------

N-2 Black Ram Mech - PL 11

Strength 13, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 7, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Famous Japanese Mech, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Big Machine: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
Not as Heavy as Expected: Growth 4 (+2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank; Limited to Increasing Size Only, Permanent)
Armor
. . +4 Protection

. . Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Black Ram mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
Ram's Horn: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; Unreliable (roll), Notes: 11-20 hits protected head)
Ram's Horn: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 30)
. . Rockets: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 21, Increased Range: ranged)
Sensor Suite: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 23)
Ram's Horn: Strength-based Damage 2, +7 (DC 30)
Throw, -2 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Black Ram Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Black Ram Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Ram from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 17, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -6 + Powers 133 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 161

Ken

National Mecha Team of Nippon N-3 & N-4

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm

N-3 Silver Swan Operator - PL 8

Strength 4/2, Stamina 4/2, Agility 7/5, Dexterity 4/2, Fighting 8/6, Intellect 2, Awareness 6/4, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Heroine, Close Attack, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 6, Fascinate (Expertise: Katas), Improved Initiative, Languages 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+10), Athletics 1 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise (FGT): Katas 3 (+11), Expertise: Pop Culture 6 (+8), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+5), Intimidation 7 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 4 (+8), Stealth 3 (+10), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+4), Stamina +2 (+4), Agility +2 (+7), Dexterity +2 (+4), Fighting +2 (+8), Awareness +2 (+6))
Unleash the Swan: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +11
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +9 (DC 22)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 19)

Complications
It Girl: Reika Yamada styles herself after whatever is popular at the moment, dressing in the most modern fashions.
Unrequited Love: Reika Yamada has romantic feelings for team leader Hiro Supra, which he does not appear to reciprocate.

Languages
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 63 + Advantages 28 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 176

--------------------

N-3 Silver Swan Mech - PL 11

Strength 13, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 8, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Grab 1 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Big Machine: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
Armor
. . +4 Protection: Feature 1 (Notes: Cost correction, as Hero Lab is mistakenly adding it in early)
Beak Peck: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 29)
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Silver Swan mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
. . Waddling: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Wings: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Wings)
Sensor Suite: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)

Offense
Initiative +10
Beak Peck: Strength-based Damage 1, +8 (DC 29)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 23)
Throw, -2 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Silver Swan Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Silver Swan Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Swan from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 16, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -4 + Powers 127 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 158

--------------------

N-4 Jade Tiger Operator - PL 8

Strength 5/3, Stamina 5/3, Agility 5/3, Dexterity 5/3, Fighting 8/6, Intellect 2, Awareness 5/3, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Hero, Connected, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 6, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork, Trance

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Tactics 2 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 3 (+8), Stealth 2 (+7), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 5 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+5), Stamina +2 (+5), Agility +2 (+5), Dexterity +2 (+5), Fighting +2 (+8), Awareness +2 (+5))
Tame the Tiger: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +8 (DC 23)
Throw, +5 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 20)

Complications
Banal: Kazu Matsumoto is quite handsome, which superficially helps his popularity, but if one gets to know him one realises he's a trifle dull.
Superficial: In the end, Kazu knows that his one true love is himself.

Languages
English, Japanese, Tai

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8/5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 63 + Advantages 25 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 166

--------------------

N-4 Jade Tiger Mech - PL 11

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 6, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Big Machine: Growth 13 (+13 STR, +13 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -13 Stealth, -7 active defenses, +3 size ranks, +13 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
Armor
. . +4 Protection

. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -1 (Traits: Toughness -1 (+16))
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Jade Tiger mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
Sensor Suite: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)
Tooth and Claw: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 31)

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 24)
Throw, -2 (DC 29)
Tooth and Claw: Strength-based Damage 2, +6 (DC 31)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Jade Tiger Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Jade Tiger Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Lion from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 16/17, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -8 + Powers 132 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 163
Last edited by Ken on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

National Mecha Team of Nippon N-5 & N-6

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm

N-5 Purple Monkey Operator - PL 8

Strength 4/2, Stamina 5/3, Agility 6/4, Dexterity 4/2, Fighting 9/7, Intellect 2, Awareness 5/3, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Hero, Connected, Cool: Deception, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Disarming (DC 12), Equipment 6, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 1 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+12), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Female Anatomy 4 (+6), Expertise: Hentai 4 (+6), Expertise: Tactics 2 (+4), Intimidation 7 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 3 (+5), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+4), Stamina +2 (+5), Agility +2 (+6), Dexterity +2 (+4), Fighting +2 (+9), Awareness +2 (+5))
Mount the Monkey: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +9 (DC 22)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 19)

Complications
Horndog: While most of Daiichi's actions are seen as cute, a majority of them have deep sexual overtones that get overlooked.
No Child Left Behind: As the youngest and smallest member of the team, Daiichi Yamasaki is often looked down upon by the men on the team and treated like a little brother by the women.

Languages
English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 63 + Advantages 25 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 176

--------------------

N-5 Purple Monkey Mech - PL 11

Strength 12, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 10, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Armor
. . +4 Protection

. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -1 (Traits: Toughness -1 (+15))
Long Arms (Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Purple Monkey mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
Sensor Suite: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, -2 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 27)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Jade Tiger Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Jade Tiger Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Tiger from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 15/16, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -2 + Powers 130 + Advantages 8 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 161

--------------------

N-6 Brown Boar Operator - PL 8

Strength 6/4, Stamina 7/5, Agility 5/3, Dexterity 4/2, Fighting 7/5, Intellect 2, Awareness 5/3, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Hero, Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Fascinate (Intimidation), Favored Environment: multiple attackers, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Lionheart, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 1 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+10), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Anime 4 (+6), Expertise: Manga 4 (+6), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+5), Insight 1 (+6), Intimidation 11 (+13), Perception 1 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistol 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+7), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Powers
Bring On the Boar: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+6), Stamina +2 (+7), Agility +2 (+5), Dexterity +2 (+4), Fighting +2 (+7), Awareness +2 (+5))

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 16)
Ray Pistol, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +7 (DC 24)
Throw, +4 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Complications
Appearances Are Deceiving: While Kenta Okada is, by far, the largest member of the team, both in height and girth, he is no less agile than his fellow operators. This fact can often come as a surprise to those unfamiliar with him.
Optimistic to a Fault: Kenta Okada lives in a world made up entirely of silver linings. He's constantly, almost irritatingly, cheerful.

Languages
English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 9/7, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 63 + Advantages 27 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 176

--------------------

N-6 Brown Boar Mech - PL 11

Strength 14, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 7, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Famous Japanese Mech, Defensive Attack, Improved Critical: Tusks, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 1 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Armor
. . +4 Protection: Feature 1 (Notes: Cost correction, as Hero Lab is mistakenly adding it in early)
. . Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Brown Boar mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
Tusks: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 30)

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 24)
Throw, -2 (DC 29)
Tusks: Strength-based Damage 1, +7 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 29)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Brown Boar Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Brown Boar Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Tiger from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 17, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -4 + Powers 128 + Advantages 9 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 158
Last edited by Ken on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

National Mecha Team of Nippon N-7 and the Mega Mech

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:44 pm

N-7 Golden Stallion Operator - PL 8

Strength 4/2, Stamina 4/2, Agility 7/5, Dexterity 5/3, Fighting 9/7, Intellect 2, Awareness 6/4, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Security Clearance: Nipponese Security, Benefit, Status: Famous Heroine, Connected, Cool: Deception, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 8, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+12), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise (AGL): Bull Riding 2 (+9), Expertise: American Westerns 4 (+6), Expertise: Tabloid News 3 (+5), Expertise: Tactics 1 (+3), Intimidation 7 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Ray Pistols 3 (+8), Stealth 3 (+10), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 5 (+10)

Powers
Cybernetic Enhancements: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Strength +2 (+4), Stamina +2 (+4), Agility +2 (+7), Dexterity +2 (+5), Fighting +2 (+9), Awareness +2 (+6))
Unbridle the Stallion: Summon 11 (Active, Controlled; Limited: Must Arrive Under its Own Power)

Equipment
American Cowboy Hat 0, Commlink, Motorcycle, Savant Phone 2, Weapon Array (Ray Pistols, Sword)

Offense
Initiative +11
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Ray Pistols, +8 (DC 23)
Sword, +9 (DC 22)
Throw, +5 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 19)

Complications
I wanna be a Cowgirl: Yumi Fukuda is a huge fan of the American "Old West."
Party Girl: Yumi Fukuda loves a good party and is among the least disciplined of the Mecha Team. She's paparazzi bait.

Languages
English, Japanese, Korean

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 63 + Advantages 29 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 176

--------------------

N-7 Golden Stallion Mech - PL 11

Strength 13, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 7, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
Armor
. . +4 Protection

. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -2 (Traits: Toughness -2 (+15))
Kicking Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 30)
Mecha Combine: Summon 2 (Heroic; Feedback, Limited: Requires all 7 mecha of the team present, Limited: Golden Stallion mech effectively vanishes, Notes: Represents approx. 1/7th of total cost)
Movement Servos
. . Jumping: Leaping 8 (Leap 1800 feet at 250 miles/hour in 3 seconds)
. . Running: Speed 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
Senses: Senses 12 (Communication Link: Radio, Mecha team, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 23)
Kicking Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2, +7 (DC 30)
Throw, -2 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Golden Stallion Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Golden Stallion Mech is a machine, and needs an operator to function, save for the autopilot which can get the Tiger from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 15/17, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -8 + Powers 132 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 163

--------------------

N-N Mega Mech - PL 14

Strength 17, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 7, Intellect -, Awareness 4, Presence -

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit: Famous Japanese Mech, Defensive Attack, Improved Critical 4: Focussed Blasters, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+12), Perception 6 (+10)

Powers
7 Big Machines Combined: Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 Tough, +8 Intimidate, -16 Stealth, -8 active defenses, +4 size ranks, +16 mass ranks, +; Permanent)
Armor
. . +4 Protection

Giant Sword (Removable)
. . Giant Blade: Damage 6 (DC 21; Inaccurate: -2)
. . de Facto Shield: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+8), Parry +2 (+8))
Movement Servos
. . Wings: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Wings)
. . Blasters: Damage 14 (DC 29; Accurate 8: +16, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Focussed Blasters: Damage 20 (DC 35, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Range: ranged, Split 2: 3 targets)
. . Multiple Rockets: Burst Area Damage 14 (DC 29; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 24, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Spread Rockets: Shapeable Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Shapeable Area 3: 125 cft., DC 21, Increased Range: ranged)
Sensor Suite: Senses 11 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Sight 3: x1k, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultravision; Feature: Radio may also broadcast a la a Military radio)

Offense
Initiative +10
Giant Blade: Damage 6, +5 (DC 21)
Blasters: Damage 14, +14 (DC 29)
Focussed Blasters: Damage 20, +8 (DC 35)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 27)
Multiple Rockets: Burst Area Damage 14 (DC 29)
Spread Rockets: Shapeable Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Throw, -2 (DC 32)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 32)

Complications
Collateral Damage: The Mega Mech is huge and heavy. There are many places it cannot go without causing damage.
Disability: The Mega Mech is a complex machine, and needs several operators to function, save for the autopilot which can get the giant from point A to point B.

Languages
Japanese??

Defense
Dodge 8/6, Parry 8/6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 20, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -6 + Powers 166 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 200.
Last edited by Ken on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

National Mecha Team of Nippon

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Background The National Mecha Team of Nippon are the result of years of Japanese research into using giant robot technology, paired with skilled pilots, for defense. Formed and managed by Director Yin under the auspices of the National Heroes of Nippon, the team's primary focus is two pronged: serving in cases when the National Solar Parahuman Team of Nippon aren't needed (being too powerful for the needs of the situation) and when the Rising Suns are busy elsewhere in the country. They are particularly equipped to deal with Kaiju invasions from Girrigan's Island.

Real World Stuff Not much. They haven't even made it into play yet. Jim and I simply decided that the "Rising Suns" wouldn't be enough for the nation and that Japan should have a "sentai team," complete with large robot vehicles that can combine into one super giant robot.

Ken

Hero Teams of the RCU / Earth-K

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm

PLAYER CHARACTER TEAMS

The Champions of Justice - The RCU's Justice League/Avengers style team; the campaign I've been running for 30 years.

Eclipse - the small band of heroes primarily protecting Houston, and east Texas. A campaign team that has been run on-and-off (sadly more off than on) almost as long as the CoJ.

Force d'Orleans - super hero team protecting New Orleans and the Mississippi delta region. Jim's been running since early 2000s, but switched from his church group of gamers to his 'regulars'

The Nevada Strikeforce Consultants - successor campaign to the Aces and the Lucky 7, Jim's Las Vegas super hero game, focused on the Nevada office of Strikeforce (the FBI/Marshals for parahuman crime) and their small group of super hero "consultants".

Crusader Force - Mr. Behemoth of the Crusaders decided to try again, altering the brand name slightly. Working out of Minneapolis/St. Paul, tends to focus on the northern Midwest. Run by Andy, tends to feel like it's set on "Earth-K minus" (where Earth-K is the prime Earth of the RCU); ostensibly set in the RCU, but often hard to reconcile.

The Allied Defenders - super hero team protecting Washington DC. My not-that successful attempt at running a "local hero team". On hiatus, while my mother's cancer is Stage 4.

The Gulf State Guardsmen - play-by-post game (run here at Echoes) set in Earth-K's Florida. Like the AD, on hiatus, while my mother's cancer is Stage 4.

The Pacific Coast Paranormals - Neil's San Francisco based campaign that ended last year for f-ing stupid reasons; has recently been folded into BADASS.

BADASS or Balatar's Army Defending Against Supernatural Sociopaths - Jim's supernatural threat campaign that is more and more turning into a kind of "Dark CoJ".

NPC HERO TEAMS of the UNITED STATES

Diamant & Fantasia - Two of the founders of Force d'Orleans, that Jim hopes to someday get back on the team; in the meantime they are a duo working out of Chatanooga, TN.

The Shadow Hawk - Explicitly created to have a place to put several leftover heroes from the Hawk (an old campaign of Jim's) and the CoJ whose players have left the player group (a "Toybox Group")

The American Rangers - Created to be a rival team to the Champions of Justice. A very American centric team, but not sponsored by the U.S. government. Also an earlier Toybox Group.

Rebel Yell - partially a Toybox Group, but also some patriotic anti-heroes are a part of it. Created while Jason ran Eclipse, they've been dormant lately.

The Birds of the Bay - a pair of winged heroes that Neil wanted in his Pacific Coast Paranormals campaign, but not on the PCP team.

The Radio Ranch Staff and Students - not so much a team, the Radio Ranch is the nickname for a boarding school for young parahumans. However, the staff are mostly not-so-active super heroes, and the some of the students had already established themselves as super heroes before the school opened. As such, in a pinch, the Radio Ranch could assemble a fairly impressive assemblage of heroes. Another Toybox Group.

NPC HERO TEAMS of (the rest of) NORTH AMERICA
The Parahuman Society of Canada - Super hero team assembled and controlled by the Canadian government. Largely done as a response to...

la Société Ultrahumaine du Québec - When the Republique du Quebec seceded from Canada, they quickly assembled a team of all the Québecois supers they could find, even if it meant forcing them to move home from abroad.

Los Terrífico Tres - A trio of costumed heroes who work around the Mexico/U.S. border.

NPC HERO TEAMS of JAPAN
National Mecha Team of Nippon - Japanese "sentai team" alternating between karate action vs mooks, and giant robots

National Solar Parahuman Team of Nippon - a Japanese "sentai team", using powers similar to Morning Star and Starlord. A direct, if unintended consequence of Jenn creating a CoJer called Nova.

NPC HERO TEAMS of AUSTRALIA
Crux Australis - an independent team of heroes based in Australia; there was an attempt to organise them as a sub-team of the UNDI, the Protectors of Australia and New Zealand but the plans for the UNDI:PANZ failed. Named after the constellation, they are referred to as "Crusaders".

NPC HERO NOT-TEAM of AFRICA
The Union of African Supers - a very loose coalition of super heroes who live all over Africa. The distance between members, both geographic and culturally, makes them becoming a true team unwieldy, but they at least recognise the need for some kind of cooperation on occasion.

NPC HERO TEAMS of EUROPE
Euroforce: the Legion of Super-Euros - a team of heroes assembled from various countries throughout Europe. Roughly analogous to the American Rangers, they aren't actually backed by the EU.

FSB Parahumans - The Russian Federation's main security agency is the FSB (translates as Federal Security Service from the Russian), and they have a small group of parahumans who work for them.

NPC HERO TEAMS of the WORLD
The U.N.D.I. or United Nations Defence Initiative - In response to Japan, Canada, Quebec, the European Union, the Russian Federation, and Australia all developing teams of parahuman champions, as well as the Parahuman divisions within the Chinese military (all in response to the United States' plethora of parahumans), the United Nations has decided it must lead the charge and has once again developed its own team of super heroes. Together these men and women will keep the world safe for un-elected oligarchs, and the people they pretend to represent.
Last edited by Ken on Thu May 10, 2018 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yojimbo

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Mecha Team of Nippon, Yuna Hu, Captain Zhou)

Post by Yojimbo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm

The pilots of N-1 and N-3 being into one another but totally oblivious is perfect. I would watch this cartoon.

Those are all great, really. I love the different animal motifs and colors.

Ken

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Mecha Team of Nippon, Yuna Hu, Captain Zhou)

Post by Ken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Yojimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm
The pilots of N-1 and N-3 being into one another but totally oblivious is perfect. I would watch this cartoon.

Those are all great, really. I love the different animal motifs and colors.
Thank you.