Ken's Kache of Khracters (Pteetian, Samson, Girrigan)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

The Hero Family

Post by Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:47 pm

The Hero Family

Background: The process started with Clayton Vangor and the Villain, and Glenn Ferguson has been beside himself ever since. A few years ago, the Champions of Justice accidently discovered, in Antarctica, a gestation center set-up by one of the Villains; a laboratory where the Villain was growing more clones of himself. Inside, the Champions found five clones at different stages of development. To look at them, they appeared to be anywhere between 13 and 25. But they had only received the earliest levels of Glenn's brain engrams. And none of them had had their moral polarity reversed yet.

These clones became charges of Glenn Ferguson. Despite his apprehension, he realised that he was probably the best teacher for them. He understands them at a level no one can match. He named them after characters from the novel M.A.S.H. and became their teacher and father figure. Them being in his life had a tremendous influence on Glenn, leading to him being contacted by Morning Star to become a trusted part of the Shooting Star Ranch staff, and then the better ran and organised Radio Ranch, started for the same children.

Recently, BJ ("Painless") Ferguson, oldest of the clones, had shown signs of being mature enough to pass for a true adult, and is trying to become an active crimefighter. His younger "brother", Radar, also thought he was ready to adventure, but believed he should do so as an apprentice to another Hero. Together, they attached themselves to Crusader Force. However, the trauma from observing Missile Man end his own life has benched them both. Duke has substituted himself for Glenn with Crusader Force at least once as well.

Glenn has also learned that there is apparently an amnesiac ghost wandering around San Francisco exhibiting his powers. A confrontation led to him concluding that this enigma is really the soul of the clone of the Hero who had infiltrated the Crusaders and was killed by Havok. He has begun investigating the cloning laboratory accident calling herself Glenda Ferguson.

Real World Stuff I'm not sure when, exactly, Andy got the idea for the Hero. But by the time I was a sophmore in high school, and Andy a freshman (when we met), the idea was pretty set. The Hero was a man who could fly and had a wide range of eyebeam based powers. And, that was pretty much it.

I redesigned the uniform; Andy's initial design was devoid of much of anything. It was a cape, cowl, tights, boots, and gloves. Not even a colour scheme. The colours, the chest design, the stripes, the trunks. That all came from me. I also invented Glenn Ferguson. The name, the occupation, that all came from me. Even the origin of his powers, but in all fairness, that was 32 years after my involvment began.

Like most of Andy's high school (and earlier) ideas, the Hero ended up in the Crusaders campaign that Neil ran for Andy. But Andy got several of the details I added wrong. Not things he wanted to change, just things that over a number of years had gotten, well, fuzzy. And, as one might imaging in a game where the player controlled 12 PCs, some of those characters got short changed in the "depth of characterisation" department. The Hero was one of those.

Then the Crusader-Havok incident happened, as I described elsewhere. And the Hero was killed, horribly.

And then, during the time Andy was running the "New Crusaders", I did something stupid. I decided I wanted to introduce MY Glenn Ferguson. The version without the things Andy got wrong. So, I invented Vangor, and the storyline that Vangor had captured Glenn, and sent a replica in his place to the Crusaders, and it was this imperfect replica that got the details wrong, and was killed at Bronson Tower.

And this growing replicas of Glenn thing grew from there. Andy had a barebones version of the Villain he'd never introduced. Now the Villain had an explanation and backstory and was put to work, and work, and work.

It also gave us a way to complete Enigma's origin.

Neil and I had created Enigma, again as part of those high school creations. Several months after I'd been introduced to the Hero. And he was a ghost who didn't remember his past. And he has some ghost like abilities, and some vision based abilities. And we never developed his past. He fell into limbo when I left for college.

Several years later, Tim was getting ready to run the Freax (see Balatar). Neil decided to revive and use Enigma. But now we had a backstory for him. He was "the Hero II", the clone who died in the Havok incident. Conditioned to do evil by Vangor, but who still was doing good as the Hero, and died a heroic death. And, as a dead clone, no unique identity of his own. It explained the vision powers, and the ghost powers. And being amnesiac, he wasn't really THAT bound by the backstory. And, the Freax lasted one session. Enigma slipped back into obscurity.

Then, when Neil was revamping the Frisco Freax (whose name was based on Tim's one-off) as the Pacific Coast Paranormals, and Jim and I were removing Zero Man and Quadtron for the reasons descibred elsewhere. Jim asked Neil if he could use Enigma. And, so Enigma was back.

And, by this time the junior Hero clones were well established. They were the result of me doing a slow lead-up into the Saracen. And the CoJ were led to one of the Villain cloning facilities, and they decided to rescue five of the clones before they could be mentally programmed. [The Saracen, by the by, were the end result of Vangor's original plan. Vangor was using Hero II to get cell sample and mindprints of the other Cusaders. Years later, one of the other Villains found these in storage and... voila.]

The junior Heo clones are an exercise in trying to make variations of a character that are similar, but different.

Then Andy decided to start Hero Force (which gave us a place to send Quadtron and Zero Man right away). But Andy wanted me to play the Hero. The original. I don't want to use Glenn-prime as a PC any more. I'm happy with where he is. (And Jim went through a similar thing with Bass-Line, another New Crusader that Andy wanted back.) But we did agree to use one of the Hero clones (BJ) and Sidekick. Which worked okay until Adny deiced to have Missile Man blow his own head off in front of them.

Now, I have stated that the odds of Glenn breaking down and joining Crusader Force are about as likely as Fantastic Man coming out of retirement and finally joining the Champions of Justice. Now, I have LOOOOONG felt that of all of Andy's ex-Crusaders Fantastic Man is the one who belongs with the COJ. And Andy steadfastly refuses, for reasons. So my statement is both a "don't complain about me not useing Glenn Prime" and an offer. If Andy would stop refusing about Fantastic Man and the C.O.J., I would finally relent and send Glenn to Crusader Force.

But in the meantime, we have Thunderdome. Jim used the Villain in a Hawk story. This was Ferris. And it was actually Jim's idea to have Ferris reform. But it was decided that I'd be the best person to properly play Ferris, as an once-evil-bit-now-reformed Glenn. besides, Jim is playing Enigma.

And Heroin... Yeah, what happened when Jim decided on a villain team based on assorted illegal drugs, and having too much knowledge of classic schlock film director Ed Wood.
After his success co-authoring a murder mystery w/James Patterson, Marvel is now talking to Bill Clinton about doing some comics writing: a revival of Steve Gerber's swamp monster hero. They expect Bill Clinton's 'Man-Thing' will be very popular.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm

URGH. Was all "Ugh, way too tired to type in a reply, so I'll do so tomorrow", and then completely forgot about it today.

Guys named "Hero" and "Villain" are rather, uh... peculiar. And it makes for reading the bio difficult at times, because my mind always goes "did he just capitalize 'hero' by mista-- oh no, that's HERO, never mind."

The real-world backstory is highly peculiar, but ironically makes the guy seem more like a "real" comic book character. Like it goes all over the place, gets needlessly complicated, and ends up with multiple "versions" of a character running around because one is "off-limits" while another "Writer" wants to use him.

Wow, the Freax only lasted one session? That's shocking considering the length of time you guys have played. And all that work for Enigma- a guy who barely appeared until much later :).

Woodclaw

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Woodclaw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm
URGH. Was all "Ugh, way too tired to type in a reply, so I'll do so tomorrow", and then completely forgot about it today.

Guys named "Hero" and "Villain" are rather, uh... peculiar. And it makes for reading the bio difficult at times, because my mind always goes "did he just capitalize 'hero' by mista-- oh no, that's HERO, never mind."

The real-world backstory is highly peculiar, but ironically makes the guy seem more like a "real" comic book character. Like it goes all over the place, gets needlessly complicated, and ends up with multiple "versions" of a character running around because one is "off-limits" while another "Writer" wants to use him.

Wow, the Freax only lasted one session? That's shocking considering the length of time you guys have played. And all that work for Enigma- a guy who barely appeared until much later :).
Are dissing the might Captain Hero? :P :lol:

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

Ken

Post by Ken » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
I'll be the first to say that the codename "the Hero" (and by extension "the Villain") is terrible. When I'm playing, I'll always say "Glenn" when referring to him. And even the filenames of his webpages on the RCU website are named "glenn..." rather than "hero..."
Jabroniville wrote:
Well, games can only run when one has a GM. And the Freax' GM was Tim. And Tim was less a GM and more of a frustrated writer. And kind of a frustrated prima donna writer at that. And... things got messy. You see, for his second Freax game Tim wanted to use Kristoffer as the bad guy. I mean he told me this because Kris is normally one of mine, and he didn't want to step on toes. Except, of course, he actually did want to step on toes.

First there was the problem that Kris isn't a jobber villain. It would be akin to, say, having Doctor Doom or Ultron show up in the second story arc of The New Warriors just to build the New Warriors up.

Secondly, there was the known problem of Tim wanting to rewrite portions of Kris' backstory. Since Kris is the son of Mordred, he is tied to Aurthurian lore. But I've always tried to keep it the broad strokes of Arthurian lore. Basically, the only specific detail that's important is that Mordred is Arthur's son by his half-sister Morgan le Fey (there are other variants). The rest is ancient history and has no bearing on the stories set today. And if something else from that era is needed, we can use the names and basic characterisations from the folklore, but we aren't beholden to any particular version. And Tim wanted to lock us into his preferred version of Aurthurian lore. It was based on a (comparatively) recent series of books, maybe the Avalon series, but I don't really know.

And it's not that the version Tim wanted to use was bad. It was that it was needlessly restrictive. And suddenly saying "the four knights of Camelot who drank from the Grail are still alive and waging war against Morgan and her family". It throws things out of whack. Why is Kris worried about bringing back Arthur? Why isn't he focused on destroying Lancelot, Gawain, and whomever else?

So, it was going to be messy. But I didn't say "you can't do it". I said "there are matters that need to be addressed first". Matters which Tim wasn't seeing. So, then on Halloween Night 1998, Image
, Tim decided to bring this up, AGAIN. And normally at our Halloween parties we eschewed talking about gaming, partially because not everyone there gamed, and partially because the group does have other interests. So I (Batman), aimed Jim (the Crow) and Eric (skullface) at Tim (the golden age Green Hornet) to try to explain these things. I had already tried and failed by this time, and I was irate.

And, by the time the dust settled, Tim decided "it wasn't worth it", and he gave up GMing.
After his success co-authoring a murder mystery w/James Patterson, Marvel is now talking to Bill Clinton about doing some comics writing: a revival of Steve Gerber's swamp monster hero. They expect Bill Clinton's 'Man-Thing' will be very popular.

jcjec

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo, Houngan, Black Volt)

Post by jcjec » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 am
Houngan is pretty interesting. I like how other players can pick up characters that others leave behind- that's not something I've heard of very often.
While it doesn't happen a lot, with a universe that's as large and detailed as ours, its sometimes easier to go "it sounds like this is the type of character you're looking for. Here, try this one" for newbies, and sometimes they stick. Other times, players will see a good character underutilized and, when its player looses interest completely, ask to pick them up. And once in a great while, people's fond memories of a character convince a GM to bring it back as an NPC / GMPC.

As the person who's picked up the most characters created by someone else (Turbo, Enigma, Marcus Tanner [aka Fantastic Dude], White Mask [after a fashion] and Pallequin) and paved the way for others (Houngan and Starlight), I'm actually quite pleased with the success rate.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?

Ken

Rest in peace, Ken's Mom

Post by Ken » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 am

Rest in peace, Mom.

Shock

Post by Shock » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 am

Very sorry Ken.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 am

Sorry, man. All the best.

Ken

Quaranites

Post by Ken » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 am

QARANITES

Several hundred parsecs from Earth is the Qarani Star Empire. Qaranites are humanoid extra-terrestrials who resemble humans, save for their epidermis which ranges from green-to-turquoise-to-blue-to-indigo. They also are from a high gravity world (3.7 Gs) and their bones, organs, and muscles are nearly 4 times denser than comparable human tissue. But more than that, due to the harsh environment of the Qarani homeworld, as well as the specific radiation frequencies of its suns, Qaranites have the peculiar trait that on other planets, they become immensely powerful. A typical Qaranite civilian male, for example, on Earth could press fifty tons. Once Qaranite astronauts discovered this, it was seen as a sign that Qaranites are biologically destined to rule the galaxy. Thus the Qarani Star Emire was born. They have thwarted to some degree by the Stellar Brotherhood's reach within numerous star-faring governments. They also have rivals from other races of great power; for instance Algolians and the Koezari. That said, the Qaranites are still quite dangerous.

Typically, Qaranites are encountered in squadrons. A Qaranite Warlord will be in command over anywhere from two to twenty squads. Each squad will have a squad leader in command of nineteen more soldiers. Typically, two or three of those nineteen will be exceptional soldiers called champions. Each squadron will also have some medical personnel, and very often a few scientists with them as well.

Real World Stuff I invented the Qarani after seeing Man of Steel, and being vaguely aware of the Viltrumites in Invincible.

The big thing is that the non-soldiers (like doctors and scientists) are still physically powerful (strength and toughness shifted), there clearly is a difference in the physical capabilities. They are all leaping bricks (they only fly, clumsily, with their hyperjet packs), but at different PLs.

Ken

Qaranite Warlords and Squad Leader

Post by Ken » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:46 am

Qaranite Warlord - PL 13

Strength 14, Stamina 15, Agility 6, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 10, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 1 (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Tactics 7 (+10), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+15), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Anti-Qaranite Gun 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 8 (+11), Technology 2 (+5), Vehicles 10 (+13)

Powers
Denser than Humans: Density Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +2 mass ranks; Density, Innate; Permanent)
Qaranite Locomotion
. . Jumping: Leaping 7 (Leap 900 feet at 250 miles/hour)
. . Running: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Qaranite Physiognomy (Advantages: Improved Initiative 3)
. . Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGL; Permanent)
. . Enhanced Dexterity 2 (+2 DEX; Permanent)
. . Enhanced Fighting 3 (+3 FGT; Permanent)
. . Enhanced Stamina 9 (+9 STA; Permanent)
. . Enhanced Strength 9 (+9 STR; Permanent)
. . Immunity 10 (Life Support; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Protection 1 (+1 Toughness; Impervious [12 extra ranks])
. . Senses 8 (Accurate: Smell, Extended: Vision 2: x100, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
Enviro-Shield
. . Immunity 7 (Linked; Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
Flight Options
. . Atmospheric Travel: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round; Concentration, Distracting)
. . Space Travel: Movement 3 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 2: other solar systems)
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15 (DC 30)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll))

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Anti-Qaranite Gun [Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15, DC 30], Blaster Rifle, Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +18
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15, +11 (DC 30)
Blaster Rifle, +15 (DC 23)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 24)
Sidearm, +15 (DC 20)
Throw, +7 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 29)

Complications
Expansionist: Qaranite warlords are devoted to expanding the Qaranite empire.
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Warlords are reduced to STR 5, STA 6, AGL 3, DEX 1, FGT 7, Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fort 8, and TOU 6.
Patriot: Members of the Qaranite military are generally very patriotic and believe that lesser people's should obey and follow the Qaranite way.
Weakness: Qaranites have developed weapons for use against themselves in case of uprisings. Anti-Qaranite Guns get +5 to the attack and +5 to the effect.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 17, Toughness 16, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 95 + Advantages 21 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 212

--------------------

Qaranite Squad Leader - PL 11

Strength 13, Stamina 13, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Equipment 10, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 1 (+14), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+9), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+5), Insight 1 (+2), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Anti-Qaranite Gun 2 (+7), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 9 (+14), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 8 (+13)

Powers
Denser than Humans: Density Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +2 mass ranks; Density, Innate; Permanent)
Qaranite Locomotion
. . Senses 8 (Accurate: Smell, Extended: Vision 2: x100, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
Enviro-Shield
Flight Options
. . Atmospheric Travel: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round; Concentration, Distracting)
. . Space Travel: Movement 3 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 2: other solar systems)
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15 (DC 30)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll))

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Anti-Qaranite Gun [Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15, DC 30], Blaster Rifle, Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +16
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 15, +7 (DC 30)
Blaster Rifle, +14 (DC 23)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 23)
Sidearm, +14 (DC 20)
Throw, +5 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Complications
Duty: Qaranite soldiers are honour-bound to follow orders, and enjoy giving them.
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Squad Leaders are reduced to STR 4, STA 4, AGL 1, DEX 3, FGT 5, Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fort 7, and TOU 4.
Patriot: Members of the Qaranite military are generally very patriotic and believe that lesser people's should obey and follow the Qaranite way.
Weakness: Qaranites have developed weapons for use against themselves in case of uprisings. Anti-Qaranite Guns get +5 to the attack and +5 to the effect.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 16, Toughness 14, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 95 + Advantages 15 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 177

Ken

Qaranite Soldier and Champion

Post by Ken » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:46 am

Qaranite Soldier - PL 10

Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Equipment 7, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+14), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Anti-Qaranite Gun 1 (+4), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 9 (+12), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles 8 (+11)

Powers
Qaranite Locomotion
Enviro-Shield
Flight Options
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16 (DC 31; Unreliable (5 uses))

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Anti-Qaranite Gun [Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16, DC 31; Unreliable (5 uses)], Blaster Rifle, Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +15
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16, +4 (DC 31)
Blaster Rifle, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 22)
Sidearm, +12 (DC 20)
Throw, +3 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 27)

Complications
Duty: Qaranite soldiers are honour-bound to follow orders.
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Soldiers are reduced to STR 3, STA 3, AGL 0, DEX 1, FGT 4, Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fort 5, and TOU 3.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 14, Toughness 13, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 95 + Advantages 9 + Skills 20 (39 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 144

--------------------

Qaranite Champion - PL 12

Strength 14, Stamina 14, Agility 5, Dexterity 4, Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Equipment 7, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 2 (+16), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Anti-Qaranite Gun 3 (+7), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 9 (+13), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles 7 (+11)

Powers
Qaranite Locomotion
Enviro-Shield
Flight Options
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16 (DC 31; Unreliable (5 uses))

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Anti-Qaranite Gun [Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16, DC 31; Unreliable (5 uses)], Blaster Rifle, Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +17
Anti-Qaranite Gun: Blast 16, +7 (DC 31)
Blaster Rifle, +13 (DC 23)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 24)
Sidearm, +13 (DC 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 29)

Complications
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Champions are reduced to STR 5, STA 5, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 6, Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fort 7, and TOU 5.
Waiting for the Next Guy: Qaranite champions are often on the look out for the next guy who is looking to become a champion.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 16, Toughness 15, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 95 + Advantages 9 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 169

Ken

Qaranite Doctor and Scientist

Post by Ken » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 am

Qaranite Doctor - PL 8

Strength 11, Stamina 11, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Equipment 6, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1

Skills
Expertise: Medicine 5 (+10), Expertise: Science 1 (+6), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 7 (+9), Technology 1 (+6), Treatment 5 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+3)

Powers
Qaranite Locomotion
. . Jumping: Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Running: Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Enviro-Shield
Flight Options

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +15
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 21)
Sidearm, +9 (DC 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 26)

Complications
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Doctors are reduced to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 0, Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fort 2, and TOU 2.
Medical Oath: Qaranites have something resembling the Hippocratic Oath, although it includes putting Qaranites above other races.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 11, Toughness 12, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 10 + Powers 94 + Advantages 7 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 123

--------------------

Qaranite Scientist - PL 8

Strength 11, Stamina 11, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Equipment 6, Improved Initiative 3, Languages 1

Skills
Expertise: Medicine 1 (+6), Expertise: Science 5 (+10), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Qaranite Weapons 7 (+9), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 1 (+6), Vehicles 1 (+3)

Powers
Qaranite Locomotion
. . Jumping: Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Running: Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Enviro-Shield
Flight Options

Equipment
Commlink, Hyperthrust Pack [Enviro-Shield; Flight Options], Qaranite Weapons (Sidearm), Universal Translator [Universal Translator: Comprehend 2, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Unreliable (roll)]

Offense
Initiative +15
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 21)
Sidearm, +9 (DC 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 26)

Complications
Curiosity: Qaranite scientists are generally very curious about the universe.
From a Harsher World: Under the conditions of their home planet, Quaranites lose their Super Locomotion and Super Physiognomy powers. Scientists are reduced to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 0, Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fort 2, and TOU 2.

Languages
Qaranite, Sternzunge

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 11, Toughness 12, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 10 + Powers 94 + Advantages 7 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 123

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Qaranites, the Hero clan, Bouncer, Dynamo, Thunderbolt, Phaze, Torpedo)

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 am

Cool- your own version of Daxamites, sort of. Makes for a very lethal threat- a group of nineteen Class 50s is insane.

Ken

Chevalier d'Acier

Post by Ken » Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 am

Chevalier d'Acier - PL 10

Strength 9, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 8, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare), Close Attack 6, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Improved Critical: Sharpness, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort: Technology

Skills
Expertise: Business 4 (+12), Expertise: Science 6 (+14), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 6 (+14)

Powers
Ability Amplifier: Enhanced Trait 16 (Removable, Dodge +4 (+8), Fortitude +4 (+7), Parry +4 (+8), Will +4 (+10))
Armoured Shell: Protection 11 (Removable, +11 Toughness; Impervious [7 ranks only])
Communication Systems: Radio Communication 2 (Removable)
Exo-Skeleton: Power-lifting 4 (Removable, +4 STR for lifting)
Rocket Turbines: Flight 7 (Removable, Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Aquatic Turbines: Swimming 8 (Alternate; Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Sealed Systems: Immunity 10 (Removable, Life Support)
Sensors: Senses 2 (Removable, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Infravision)
Sword: Strength-based Damage 3 (Easily Removable, DC 27, Advantages: Improved Critical)
Weapon Array (Removable)
. . Micro Rockets: Burst Area Blast 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18)
. . Omni Blaster: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Penetrating 4)
. . Plasma Blast: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate 4: +8)
. . Plasma Bolts: Blast 6 (DC 21; Accurate 6: +12, Multiattack)
. . Strength and Accuracy Booster: Enhanced Strength 9 (+9 STR, Advantages: Close Attack 6)

Equipment
l'Armoury

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 19)
Micro Rockets: Burst Area Blast 8 (DC 23)
Omni Blaster: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Plasma Blast: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Plasma Bolts: Blast 6, +14 (DC 21)
Sword: Strength-based Damage 3, +8 (DC 27)
Throw, +2 (DC 24)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 24)

Complications
Fame: Robert Plumeau is a famous jet-setting billionaire/engineer who thinks being the Steel Knight is just too damn cool.
Responsibility: Plumeau's wealth and the Steel Knight's abilities both weigh on Robert.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8/4, Parry 8/4, Fortitude 7/3, Toughness 12, Will 10/6

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 82 + Advantages 15 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 160

The Steel Knight, as he would be called if the Québecois used English, is a part of the same team as Capitaine Québec. But where Capitaine leads the la Société Ultrahumaine du Québec, le Chevalier d'Acier just helps design and pay for everything and make everyone look cooler.

Robert Plumeau is a famous jet-setting billionaire/engineer when he's not being the Québec government's chief weapon towards world peace.

Skaramine

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Chevalier d'Acier, Qaranites, the Hero clan)

Post by Skaramine » Thu May 10, 2018 4:58 am

Plumeau. I'm Downey with that.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.