J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Fate: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

At some point
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

The Magdalena: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our mystical Thorpocaverse run continues with this new item!

My given name is Patience. Irony, I suppose. But more often than not now I'm called the Magdalena. I am to serve the Roman Catholic Church, as women of my lineage have done for centuries. We have been protectors when needed, assassins when necessary.They creep from the shadows, or rise from centuries of dusty slumber, jealous of the life we have. But I do not face them empty-handed. I carry the Spear of Destiny, the Roman weapon that pierced the side of our Lord as he hung dying on the cross. Passed from one generation to the next, one Magdalena to her successor. Comes in handy. I still do HIS work. I believe that. I gladly send these wraiths and demons to the void they deserve. But I have lost my faith. Not in God, but in men. I have turned my back on the Church, because there were those who tried to use my for their own purposes rather then God's. I won't be a pawn. - The Magdalena

THE MAGDALENA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 2; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 140
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Religion] 11 (+12) [Ritualist], Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Demons), Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Latin, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Long Blades), Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Holy See: Perception Range Affliction 8 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Will Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Will Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated and Transformed [Repentant], Extras: Extra Condition, Flaw: Sense-Dependent [Visual], Distracting); 16 pts
The Spear of Destiny: 12 pts Traits, Extra: Restricted (to those of true conviction), Easily Removable (-4 pts); 9 pts
Holy Spear Strike: Holy Piercing Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5, Reach); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2: 2 pts
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
3 pts for minor mystic paraphernalia (Holy Water vial, herbs, etc.)
Arsenal: (9 pts)
Chakram: Slashing Ranged Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts
Light Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3; 1 pt
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +2; Spear of Destiny +7, Critical 18-20; Longsword +5, Critical 18-20; Dagger +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Light Pistol +3; Chakram +3, Critical 19-20; Shuriken +1, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Holy See Affliction +8, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Several, mainly the Son of Satan and his cult at the moment.
Motivation: To do the right thing for the right reasons, not for the corrupt church.
Responsibility: To live up to her as the descendant of Christ and rid the world of the evils that threaten it.
Rivalry: The Catholic Church, who she feels used her and her predecessors.

Abilities 64 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 24 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Comments: The Magdalena for my setting. She is a fave of mine from the old Top Cow universe. She’s very strong in melee and a goon sweeper extraordinaire. I didn’t build her to rumble with The Darkness and such, but to be street level, and a nightmare for demons and the like in a fantasy setting.

Secret Origins: After the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene, reputed to be his wife, gave birth to a daughter, Sarah. From this child is descended the holy lineage of the Magdalena, a royal bloodline that passes great power and great honor from mother to daughter. The Magdalena serves as the warrior and protector of the Catholic Church.

The Magdalena has the ability to see into the human heart, to show people the error of their ways and give them the choice to redeem their sins. There is only one in a generation, and she alone stands and takes arms against the evils of the world.

The Story so Far: Patience was raised in a convent and eventually ran away just as Kristoff, a captain and designed Shepperd of the Magdalene by the Knights of Malta, was sent to retrieve her. Along with a runaway named Rowan, Patience discovered New York, and learned that she had lived a very secluded life, with very little knowledge of the outside world.

Once she was discovered, Patience revealed her skills when she squared off against Kristoff. Their bout ended in a draw, and Patience agreed to hear him out. After taking her to a cathedral, he explained the destiny of the Magdalena. Although when Patience left, she found that Rowan had been kidnapped. While hesitant, Patience accepted to embrace her destiny in order to save her friend. She traveled with Kristoff to the island of Malta, where she was presented with the shattered remains of the Spear of Destiny. Patience then proved her worth by regenerating the Spear anew using a drop of her blood and powers that blind all those observing the phenomenon. This more than suggested that the Magdalena's power does not come from the Spear, but rather from the Magdalena herself. The Spear of Destiny remained a perfect conduit, and we later learn that as it is considered the Spear of Longinus from christian tradition, it also shared the myth of being the same Spear of Lugh from Celtic tradition.

The events of her first adventure in her new role led to a disagreement with Kristof and the Inquisition, prompting her to declare herself independent of their control but allied with them only when their goals did not conflict with her sense of ethics. Kristoff followed her, reminding the church elders he serves the Magdalena.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Constantine, Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate, The Magdalena

Post by Ares »

Magdalena's kind of interesting in that she's basically a more cynical version of the Knights of the Cross from The Dresden Files. Holy warriors wielding magical weapons granted power by the Blood of Christ, working with the Church but ultimately serving God first and foremost, dedicating themselves to fighting supernatural evil, protecting the innocent and redeeming those who can be saved from the path of evil.

The Knights tend to lean towards the more optimistic side of things. They work with a section of the Church that has mostly stayed true to its mission of defending the innocent, they wield holy swords fitted with the nails of the cross, and they actually are in contact with the forces of Heaven directly. Each Knight is considered a major force in the supernatural world, to the point that them showing up can turn a hopeless battle into a certain victory. The swords reflect the best virtues of humanity, and the Knights channel the power of their faith to be effectively D&D Paladins. While heritage plays some importance in the role, the Knights are chosen for their qualities, there are frequently three going around doing good deeds, and they are an ultimately diverse bunch. Their membership has included a white devout Catholic, a black Russian Agnostic, a Japanese Baptist, a female Catholic police officer and a Jewish Jedi.

Magdalena meanwhile takes a much more cynical take on the mission. The Church is corrupt, the Magdalena is a specific, female only bloodline who appears once a generation, and they have to struggle against the men in their lives trying to control them, and while they serve a great purpose, they are not overall as formidable or highly regarded in the supernatural world.

And maybe it's just me, but if someone is going around monster hunting with the frickin Spear of Destiny, then they should be a much bigger deal.

It'd be fun combining Magdalena with the Dresden Files. Granted, the Spear of Destiny did show up in the Dresden Files setting during Skin Game, so something would have to be changed. One twist might be that the spear Magdalena wields isn't the Spear of Destiny, but is actually a spear made from the remains of the Cross itself, and once it was given the same treatment as the Swords it is effectively indestructible and works as a conduit for the wielder's faith. Either way, when the Magdalena shows up, it should be a "Oh Shit" moment same as if it was a Knight of the Cross.

Maybe she'd just be considered another Knight, or perhaps her role is to be more of "Rogue/Ranger" to the Knight's "Paladin". She does more sneaking around, assassin-y style stuff while the Knights are more frontline fighters and more direct in their attempts at redemption. That could explain her relatively "lower" status, combat abilities and the like.

Maybe originally the section of the Church that dealt with supernatural evils originally had the Magdalena and the Knights working together, but over time there was a split. The more good and righteous types maintained an alliance with the Knights while the more "do what is needed from the shadows" types tried to maintain control over the Magdalena, and the two groups basically stopped speaking to each other. So the Knights and the Magdalena would keep doing good work, but without any communication and cooperation until recently.

I would have to imagine the Archangels would get involved at some point tho. Uriel actually seems like the type who'd LOVE a more subtle/sneaky agent like the Magdalena. Maybe one reason Uriel works more closely with the Knights these days is that the group Magdalena works for were originally followers of Uriel's brand of doing good, but over time they became more extreme, as working in the shadows like that tends to do. Maybe Uriel lost control over that part of the Church and realizes he made a mistake, and is trying to better himself these days.

But yeah, I don't think a fight between Michael Carpenter and the Darkness would have ended the same way it did between the Darkness and Magdalena. Michael likely would comment about how Jackie reminds him of a Harry Dresden who has truly lost his way, offers Jackie a chance to reform, Jackie refuses, is a smartass and finds out exactly why Harry frequently says "I don't call him 'The Fist of God' as a pet name".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Actually Ares, i'm thinking more Buffy The Vampire Slayer vs. Magdalene.... :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Not gone, peeps, just busy. Plus, I have to feed the MTG addiction before the holiday $$$ runs out. ;)

I'll be stocking the shelves again soon.
Thorpocalypse

Black Adam: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It's almost over but I couldn't let the month go by without dropping a few BLACK HISTORY MONTH Specials at J-Mart! Check out this J-Mart Favorite Item on Aisle 1!

Don't be so naïve, Albert. In every shape, color and size, for as long as time is marked, it will always be a world of dictators. - Black Adam

BLACK ADAM
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 9; DPL: 15; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 250
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Khandaq
Team Affiliations: The Justice Society; The Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2 [10], PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Athletics (+19), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+8), Insight (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation (+3). Perception (+8), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Lighting Blast] 8 (+10), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), Technology (+3), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (6) (Wealth, Status, Resources 6 – Ruler of Khandaq), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Great Endurance, Jack-of-all-Trades

POWERS:
S - Stamina of Shu: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17; 33 pts
H - Swiftness of Heru: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

A - Strength of Amon: Enhanced Strength 5 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Z - Wisdom of Zehuti: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-all-Trades), Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak, Write All Languages); 10 pts
A - Power of Aton: 31 pt Array; 33 pts
Mystic Lighting Blast: Ranged Mystic Electrical Damage 15, Feature 1 (Mystical and Electrical Descriptor]); 31 pts
Mystic Lighting Strike: Mystic Electrical Line Area Damage 12 (Extra: Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Indirect [From Above], Flaw: Side Effect [Changes Marvel Family to normal identity if struck]); 1 pt
Rock of Eternity: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Earth/Rock of Eternity); 1 pt

M - Courage of Mehen: Enhanced Awareness 6, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Fearless), Immunity 2 (Mind Reading); 15 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +2
Lightning Blast +10 [Lightning Blast +15]
Special Attack [SHAZAM! +12, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +18 (+18 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Marvel family (sometimes), Shazam, anyone who is against Khandaq.
Power Loss: Black Adam loses his powers and reverts to his mortal form when he speaks the magic word “Shazam.” His stats drop to STR 3, STA 3, FGT 5.
Relationships: His wife, Isis (Adrianna Tomaz).
Temper: Black Adam is infamous for his towering rages.

Abilities 114 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 131 + Defenses 11 = 276 / 276

Build Comments: Loves me some Black Adam. Looking forward to the movie, too, but I have my concerns. I'll have to trust in The Rock but I guess in the end...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THINK!!!!

*People's Eyebrow raised*

And I never got around to Isis and Osiris before, so that will have to be rectified post haste.

Secret Origins: Adam was born to the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses II in the neighboring land of Kahndaq. While there are contradictory accounts of the circumstances of Black Adam’s early history, certain elements are consistent:

While serving as high priest to Ramses II, the wizard Shazam sought a successor to his godly powers. Impressed with his virtue and martial heroism, he chose Adam. Having determined to make Adam his successor, Shazam’s intentions were altered by the intervention of his half-demonic daughter Blaze. Blaze struck a bargain with the god Set so that when Adam speaks the word “Shazam,” instead of becoming the avatar of the wizard’s deific patrons, he becomes the avatar of the Egyptian gods Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton and Mehen.

The Story so Far: "Teth-Adam" (Mighty Adam) then served the Egyptian pharaoh as his champion for hundreds of years thereafter. However, Teth-Adam eventually fell from the good graces of Shazam. This happened either because Adam became dictatorial towards Kahndaq, he became corrupted and homicidal by his powers, or the wizard believed he was plotting conquest with Blaze. Henceforth, the wizard referred to him as "Khem" (or "Black") Adam. In any event, Shazam, unable to take his powers away, banishes him to the most distant star in the universe. Made cautious by this failure, Shazam does not empower another champion until modern times when Billy Batson was made into Shazam.

Black Adam spent the next 5,000 years flying back to Earth. By the time he made it back, Shazam had appointed a new champion to take his place: Billy Batson, who had taken the wizard’s mantle of Shazam. The two fought immediately with Shazam gaining the upper hand in their initial battle. The two have many battles over the years, at times being bitter enemies but at times working together when the need arose.

Adam has battled many heroes over the years, from the Avengers, the Justice League, Superman and Stormwatch. He has also reformed at times, being a member of Stormwatch and the Justice Society.

Adam is currently ruling Khandaq along with his wife resurrected wife, Isis. He is being "good" by Black Adam terms, refusing offers from Doom to assist him with a plan he’s working on. He continues to spurn Doom’s overtures, but you never know what could set him off and change that. Amanda Waller knows that, too, and she also knows that peace is not always a good thing people in her line of work...

Characterization: Adam has an old-fashioned and militant ideals of justice, and an officious and strongly opinionated attitude. His stubbornness is legendary and once he has decided on a course of action, there is no changing it.

Friends and Foes: While he and Shazam and his family have had numerous conflicts, they have at times worked together due to their shared magical connection to the wizard Shazam. Adam is closest to his wife, Isis, and her brother, Osiris.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Black Adam: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Kahndaq no longer has a ruler. She has a protector, once again. - Black Adam

BLACK ADAM
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [14], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2 [7], PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+2/+14), Deception (+0), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7), Insight (+7), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception (+7), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status – Ruler of Khandaq), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Great Endurance

POWERS:
S - Stamina of Shu: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 19 pts
H - Swiftness of Heru: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
Flight: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr), Quickness 10; 1 pt
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt
Mystic Lighting Strike: Line Area Mystic Lightning Damage 10 (Extra: Indirect [from sky only], Flaw: Side Effect [Changes Marvel Family to normal identity if struck]); 1 pt

A - Strength of Amon: Enhanced Strength 12; 24 pts
Z - Wisdom of Zehuti: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory), Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 6 pts
A - Power of Aton: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Earth/Rock of Eternity); 2 pts
M - Courage of Mehen: Enhanced Awareness 5, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Fearless); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Special Attack [SHAZAM! +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +14 (+14 without Defensive Roll, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Marvel family (sometimes), Shazam, anyone who is against Khandaq.
Power Loss: Black Adam loses his powers and reverts to his mortal form when he speaks the magic word “Shazam.” His stats drop to STR 3, STA 3, FGT 5.
Relationships: His wife, Isis (Adrianna Tomaz).
Temper: Black Adam is infamous for his towering rages.

Abilities 52 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 87 + Defenses 4 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Black Adam as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Black Adam: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Black Adam: Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

For sure
Thorpocalypse

Black Adam: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Black Lotus: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for another BLACK HISTORY MONTH Special! This one is getting stocked on Aisle 2!

If only she were as valuable as this Black Lotus...

BLACK LOTUS
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 8; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 128
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Team Affiliations: The Nail; The Hand

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 6 (+8), Deception 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Fans, Unarmed), Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, Mandarin, Base: Cantonese), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Twin War Fans: Slashing [Open]/Piercing [Closed] Strength-Based Damage 2, Feature 1 [+2 Feint checks] or Enhanced Parry 1, Feature 1 [+2 Sleight of Hand checks to keep hidden], Double); 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20; War Fans +4]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 (+11 with War Fan) [DC20/DC21]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Greed and enhancing her reputation.
Rivalry: Colleen Wing.

Abilities 48 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 98 / 98

Build Comments: I was looking for some more jobber martial artists to throw at my street level folks and I across Black Lotus and she seemed perfect. She was originally part of the Femizons, then took on Black Widow and got pwned, then a couple of years ago she showed up in Shadowland. I probably overpowered her a bit, but I wanted my eventual Colleen Wing and others to have to work a little bit at least before pwning her.

Secret Origins: Her origins are unknown, only that she is a very well trained martial artist and assassin.

The Story so Far: Black Lotus' is an assassin of some repute. When she was first seen, Black Lotus had been hired, along with several other assassins, by Damon Dran to capture the Black Widow. Black Lotus helped to initially subdue the Widow with a kick to the head. However, she along with the other assassins, were defeated by the Black Widow after she came to her senses.

Later, Black Lotus was one of the costumed "super-women" recruited by Superia to come to Femizonia Island and join her all-female army, the Femizons. While en route to Femizonia, the heroes Captain America and Paladin located them, but were discovered by the Femizons. Black Lotus participated in the en masse assault that resulted in the capture of the two heroes.

Characterization: Black Lotus is quite confident in her abilities and does not hesitate to let her opponents know. She strikes quick and hard and always fulfills her contacts.

Friends and Foes: While she has worked with other villains, she generally works alone and it is unknown if she has an allies in her profession.
Thorpocalypse

Deathwing: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It's time for some TEAM WRECKER SPECIALS! Check out this first entry ever from our World of Warcraft line!

Pain... Agony... My hatred burns through the cavernous deeps. The world heaves with my torment. Its wretched kingdoms quake beneath my rage. But at last... The whole of Azeroth will break... And all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings - Deathwing

DEATHWING THE DESTROYER
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 10; DPL: 15; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 65-0
Weight: 9000
Eyes: Red
Hair: NONE
Skin: Black
Race: Dragon
Team Affiliations: The Black Dragonflight

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+20), Deception (+7), Expertise [Abzan Lore] 6 (+12), Insight (+6), Intimidation 6 (+13/+20) [Forceful Intimidation, Startle], Perception 5 (+11), Persuasion (+7), Stealth (+2/-12)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Claws/Bite, Lava Bite), Benefit (3) (Status 3 – Black Dragon Aspect), Diehard, Forceful Intimidation*, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Draconic), Power Attack (1) (Claws/Bite), Startle

POWERS:
Deathwing Size: Growth 14 (+14 Str, +14 Sta, -7 Dodge/Parry, -14 Stealth, +7 Intimidation, Speed +1 [4 mph/60 fpr], +14 Mass, Reach 3 [15 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 29 pts
b]Dragon Senses:[/b] Senses 9 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Ultrahearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking]); 9 pts
Dragon Aspect Traits: Immunity 24 (Aging, Fire Damage/Effects, Disease, Sleep, Poison [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Senses 4 (Precognition, Flaw: Limited [to Weather]); 28 pts
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes or around their person, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
Adamantine Dragon Scales: Protection 9, Impervious Toughness 19; 28 pts
Dragon Speed: Speed 2 (8 [16] mph/250 [500] fpr); 2 pts
Dragon Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr; Flaw: Wings); 7 pts
Frightful Presence: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Compelled [to flee], Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-Dependent [Visual], Limited [Once opponent has made a successful resistance check they cannot be affected by power again that day]); 10 pts
Cataclysm: Reaction Line Area Damage 15 (Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Reaction [when Flying at least 30 mph], Flaw: Limited to Directly Behind Deathwing); 60 pts
Natural Weapons: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Tail Swipe: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 15 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 30 pts
Claw/Claw/Bite: Multiattack Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Split, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]); 1 pt
Lava Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Secondary Effect [Fire Damage 16], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

Magma Breath: Cone Area Fire Damage 15 (Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone]); 45 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +15; Claws +17, Critical 19-20; Lava Bite +17]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Magma Breath +15, Cone Area; Cataclysm +15, Line Area; Tail Swipe +15, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +23 (+23 without Defensive Roll, +10 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Deathwing hates pretty much everyone and everything, particularly human races.
Rivalry: He seems to have a great enmity for Medihv, almost bordering on fear.
Vulnerable: Due to his transformation, he is in nearly constant pain.

Abilities 74 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 251 + Defenses 17 = 363 / 363

Build Comments: So I am probably one of the few geeks in the world who has never played one second of WOW. But I did try to dabble in Heroes of the Storm, which threw together a bunch of characters from Blizzard’s properties into a co-op game. I really sucked, so it was short lived but I got introduced to Deathwing and I became a fan.

This is all Wiki fueled and I probably missed stuff but I was going for a team wrecking threat and he seemed to fit the bill. I'm probably short changing him so I am open to moving him up in PL.

Secret Origins: Deathwing the Destroyer, formerly known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Ages ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Pantheon with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients, eventually abandoning his title of Aspect of Earth in favor of being the Aspect of Death.

The Story so Far: Becoming one of the greatest terrors of the known world, his name too became one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt among both mortals and dragons. He was perhaps the most powerful servant of the Old Gods.

The black Aspect involved himself in the Second War, adopting the form of the human Lord Daval Prestor in order to destroy the Alliance from within. As a human, Prestor was said to be tall, with a slim figure, black hair and clean-shaven hawklike features that were the subject of gossip among the ladies of King Terenas' court. He also had a quick mind and a friendly, engaging manner that endeared him to all involved in the Alterac crisis. It was said that he even got a smile out of Genn Greymane, the normally dour king of Gilneas.

Deathwing also managed to turn his greatest enemy, Alexstrasza, into a slave of the Horde, with which he later allied himself. After a series of setbacks culminating in his defeat at the hands of the other Aspects, Deathwing retreated to Deepholm in the Elemental Plane to recuperate. From there, he observed his former mate Sintharia's experiments with the twilight dragonflight in Grim Batol, and later continued his late consort's work.

Though believed dead by many, Deathwing returned in spectacular fashion after the fall of the Lich King. Entering Azeroth through Deepholm fractured the World Pillar, causing the Elemental Plane to start collapsing onto Azeroth. This Cataclysm reshaped the entire world of Azeroth and unleashed widespread destruction. As the world reeled, he appeared and brought flame to various regions of Azeroth. His ultimate goal was to bring about the Hour of Twilight - the liberation of the Old Gods and the end of all life on the planet. Deathwing was aided by powerful allies also minions of his masters, such as the warped ogre-mage Cho'gall and his Twilight's Hammer cult, the powerful Elemental Lords Al'Akir and Ragnaros, and the Neferset tol'vir of Uldum.

Uniting their powers, the remaining Dragon Aspects sent adventurers to brave the unstable paths of the Caverns of Time to retrieve the Dragon Soul, an ancient artifact crafted by Deathwing himself 10,000 years earlier and destroyed shortly after the Second War, for it was believed to be the only means of defeating him. With the weapon secured, the Aspects took the battle to their corrupted brother, with the orc shaman Thrall as the wielder of the Dragon Soul, now imbued with Deathwing's essence - the very essence of the earth itself. After the siege of Wyrmrest Temple and unleashing his most powerful minions, Deathwing took to the skies until he was blasted with the Dragon Soul into the Maelstrom. His body at last giving way to the corruption within, Deathwing made his final stand in the raging torrent of the Maelstrom, when he was at last destroyed by the combined powers of the Aspects and the Dragon Soul.

Or was he...?

Characterization/Friends and Foes: While Deathwing was once a benevolent entity, he is now completely evil. He hates all mortal races, and wishes to kill them all. He's also utterly insane, most notably shown when he had the Demon Soul. Deathwing was attached to it, such that even when warned by the goblin alchemists who made his first armor that the Demon Soul's energies would kill him if he kept it with him too long, it wasn't enough for him to let go of it, and was only willing to part with, temporarily, when reminded that it would likely be stolen from him if he was dead.

In spite of his insanity, Deathwing does display a degree of cunning. Although he hates mortals, he is apparently willing to tolerate them if it can prove of any help in his plans, though inevitably he will do away with them when they have outlived their usefulness.

Despite Deathwing's overall loathing of mortals, he has respect for, and perhaps even a fear of, Medivh, stating in Day of the Dragon, that he would never willingly face Medivh in combat, though this might have technically been fear of the portion of Sargeras that was locked inside Medivh.
Thorpocalypse

Deathwing: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I might give it a shot for the heck of it.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Black Adam, Black Lotus, Deathwing

Post by Jabroniville »

Always love Dragon characters. They mean so much more than simple wizards, no matter how powerful. Such an epic, primal force of nature.
Thorpocalypse

Despero: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL is hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

DESPERO
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 9; DPL: 14; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 8-1
Weight: 850
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: None
Skin: Red
Race: Kalanorian
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception 4 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+13), Insight (+8), Intimidation 6 (+11/+12), Perception (+8), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+4/+2), Technology 7 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Diehard, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Despero Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Flame of Pytar Enhanced Physiology: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting), Immortality 3 (1 week), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 13, Regeneration 5 (1/every other round); 44 pts
Telekinetic Flight: 28 pt Array; 29 pts
Flying: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr); 28 pts
Movement: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt

Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 5 pts
Telepathic Mastery: 50 pt Dynamic Array; 56 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 50 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 14, Area Communication 4 (Mental; Worldwide; Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Hallucinations: Illusion 9 (All Senses, Extra: Dynamic, Selective, Flaw: Limited [one subject], Resistible [Will]); 2 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 12 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Mental Blast +12, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +19 (+19 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Justice League has stopped Despero from conquering Earth, and other planets, on many occassions. As such, he has a great desire to deal them a permanent defeat.
Motivation: Despero is driven to conquer all worlds and prove his superiority over everyone.
Power Loss: There are times where the Flames of Pytar have, or can be drained from him. If this happens, he loses his Growth and Flame of Pytar based powers and his stats drop to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 6.

Abilities 134 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 139 + Defenses 9 = 297 / 297

Build Comments: Despero is a longtime foe of the Justice League. I think he should be used more but I think that about a lot of villains...

Secret Origins: Despero first appears when in pursuit of two rebels from the planet Kalanor, which he rules as a tyrant. They are attempting to create a weapon to defeat him. The rebels make contact with the Justice League of America with JLA member Flash accepting Despero's challenge after he places the rest of the group in a hypnotic trance, but the Flash is defeated in a game similar to chess due to Despero cheating using his third eye's mental powers, and along with the rest of the JLA sent to different worlds. Despero found out about this by reading the mind of one of the rebels he had tracked down and teleported, though her father and Flash were protected by the dimensional traveller's 'blue glow'. However, the JLA are able to escape all the dangers on the worlds and return to Earth using a dimensional traveler one of Despero's henchmen possesses after the Flash defeats him. Despero has found the rebel and plans to use the energy-absorbing weapon they hoped to use to disable his weapons to conquer Earth, but Snapper Carr uses it to weaken the villain after pretending he has been hypnotized, though the 'blue glow' protected him. Despero is then imprisoned and Kalanor is freed.

The Story so Far: The villain has his third eye surgically removed, making him lose his hypnotic powers. Eventually it grows back, he fakes his death in an explosion at a lab and in revenge ages half of the Justice League and banishes the remainder to three other worlds, where he has caused reptile, insect, and marine life to become intelligent, planning to conquer the worlds later. When Despero attempts to deceive Wonder Woman by disguising himself as an aged Superman, she overpowers the villain with her Lasso of Truth, realizing the energy should not have affected Superman, and forces him to undo his actions. Despero is thwarted again when the Justice League intervene in his intergalactic plans of conquest, save member the Martian Manhunter who is being forced to play in a life and death chess match

Despero eventually returns with even greater abilities, and a new body (now physically enhanced by the "Flame of Py'tar", a remnant of the nuclear energy responsible for creating his race), and completely destroys the Justice League Satellite. After defeating the Justice League, Despero reshapes Gotham City to suit his purposes. Taunted by Batman, Despero is eventually distracted, allowing fellow member Vibe to extinguish the Flame of Py'tar. The villain's form is immediately dispelled and reality restores itself.

Despero eventually reforms, and has continued to target the Justice League on many occasions.

Characterization: Despero has gone through virtually as many transformations as the League itself. Initially appearing as a physically weak, mind-controlling tyrant with a penchant for playing chess for the fates of his enemies, he later surfaced to be a physical powerhouse fueled by his burning, all-consuming hatred of the Justice League.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.