Xeroverse Heroes & Villains

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
XeroKhan

Xeroverse Heroes & Villains

Post by XeroKhan »

Greetings and Salutations to those of you who are reading this! I am making this new thread as a supplement to my setting in this thread. It will take me some more time to build up each character and template I have in store for my universe (especially when I am still building it up from the time of this post). I must note here and now that these builds will be in 2e of Mutants and Masterminds. For those of you who ask why, it is because it is easier to translate the 2e builds into other games like D&D 3.5e or Pathfinder (as examples). If demand is asked for, I will also make an additional 3e build of each character. Criticism for the builds is also welcomed and very much appreciated.

So, now that I have a good number of characters and groups established, it is time for me to make their builds! Here's a teaser of what is to come:

RESIDENTS OF ASGARD

Buri, The One From Before
Odin Allfather
Thor, Guardian of Midgard
Loki, The Trickster

INFAMOUS GIANTS

Ymir, The Primordial Frost Giant
Surt, The Primordial Fire Giant
Utgard-loki, King of The Giants

SUPERPOWERED HUMANS

Celestial
Berserker
The Golden Knight
The Lady Of Persia
Robin Hood
Revenant
Torturaron
Chimera
Alice, Queen of Wonderland
Last edited by XeroKhan on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
XeroKhan

Odin Allfather

Post by XeroKhan »

POWER LEVEL: X

COMPLICATIONS:
  • MOTIVATION- Greed: Odin will always seek greater Wisdom and Knowledge, even if it means fighting for it. This is why he constantly goes on pilgrimages instead of staying in Asgard all the time.

FAME- Among the Magic-wielding community and those who know Norse Myth, Odin is very famous.

OBSESSION- Wisdom and Knowledge: *See "MOTIVATION- Greed" above.

REPUTATION: Odin has a reputation for many things, especially among the Jotuns. These are innumerable.

RESPONSIBILITY: Odin is the Chieftain of the Norse Pantheon. He has always been in Asgard when it needs him the most, but mostly he is always on his pilgrimages.

DRAWBACKS:

DISABILITY- One Eyed: Odin gave up one of his eyes in order to gain most of the Wisdom that he knows currently. As such, so comes the drawback that he is less accurate with his ranged combat.

UNAVOIDABLE DESTINY: Odin will die at Ragnarok by the fangs of Fenrir, the son of Loki. Until then, he is unable to die by any means.

By far, Odin is the most powerful magic user in the Xeroverse. His Wisdom and Knowledge are on par with that of the Game Master, and must only be used for massive Plot Points involving the events leading up to Ragnarok. Not only this, but he is THE War God of the Norse pantheon. This is a brief summary as to why he is Power Level X. He's not necessarily a villain, but he is selfish in his motivations. He has also been known to transform what he looks like, but not to the extent that his blood brother Loki can. He's even been known to be a trickster himself in some regard (making more sense to why he and Loki are blood brothers). He has even loved to involve himself in convenient conflicts from time to time for no reason other than to fight; however, this is only limited to major battles that lead up to Ragnarok.

Normally, Odin is normally seen as an elderly man wearing a large brimmed hat that covers the eye socket that once bore the eye that Odin gave up for knowledge and wisdom. He wears a grey cloak brimmed with a sky blue edge, with a matching hat mentioned before. He bears a long grey beard commonly depicted for elderly wizards.

As a major point of note, Odin's throne, which is known as Hlidskialf (pronounced Lid-skialf), allows one who is sitting upon it to see anything within the universe. This can be a major plot point that can be made with any campaign as long as it fits within the parameters of the setting.

Odin commonly wields his spear Gungnir (commonly believed to be the Spear of Destiny). Odin has never lost it at all in comparison to Thor in losing his hammer Mjollnir. Below is the stats for Gungnir, for the plot purposes of whether a hero or villain wield it in place of Odin. Note, the Feature on the weapon is unique ONLY TO THIS WEAPON. By no means does that mean for any new device to be made can have this feature.
GUNGNIR, THE "SPEAR OF DESTINY"

Device 4
-Easily Removable
=Indestructible*

Damage 6
=Feature: Always hits when thrown, but requires roll to confirm Critical Hit
=Improved Critical 4 (16-20)
=Mighty
+Penetrating 6
=Selective
=Thrown
He does have some pets that he has possession of. Below are the stats for each of his creatures. I must note that I am grouping multiple together as they have the same exact stats (that, and I'm a bit lazy XP). Sleipnir is Odin's steed who is very fast. Huginn and Muninn are Odin's ravens, who scour the entirety of the Nine Realms and relay information back to Odin. Geri and Freki are the guard wolves of Odin's throne.
SLEIPNIR, THE 8-LEGGED HORSE

STR 26
DEX 26
CON 30
INT 2
WIS 12
CHA 6

SAVES:
Fortitude +18
Reflex +14
Will +2

SKILLS:
Notice 4 (+5)

POWERS:
Additional Limbs 4
>8 Legs total

Growth 4
=Innate
-Permanent

Protection 10
+Impervious

Speed 20

Super-Movement 3
>Air Walking 2
>Slow Fall

Super-Senses 2
>Extended Vision
>Low-Light Vision

OFFENSES:
Initiative +8

ATK +6
Grapple +14

Damage:
Unarmed DC 23

DEFENSES:
Defense +6

Toughness +18
Knockback -14
HUGINN AND MUNINN, THE SCOUTING RAVENS:

STR 6
DEX 17
CON 10
INT 10
WIS 14
CHA 4

SAVES:
Fortitude +2
Reflex +5
Will +18

SKILLS:
Notice 20 (+22)
Stealth 6 (+17 for size)

FEATS:
Eidetic Memory

POWERS:
Flight 20
-Wings

Shrinking 8
=Innate
-Permanent

Super-Senses 22
>Accurate, Acute Vision
>Danger Sense (Visual)
>Darkvision
>Direction Sense
>Distance Sense
>Extended Vision 3 (x1000)
>Infravision
>Low-Light Vision
>Microscopic Vision 1
>Tracking 3
>Ultravision
>X-Ray Vision

OFFENSES:
Initiative +3

ATK +7
Grapple +5

Damage:
Unarmed DC 13

DEFENSES:
Defense +7

Toughness -2
Knockback +0

GERI AND FREKI, GUARD WOLVES OF ODIN'S THRONE:

STR 26
DEX 30
CON 30
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 16

SAVES:
Fortitude +14
Reflex +10
Will +6

SKILLS:
Notice 8 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 12 (+15)
Survival 0 (+1)

FEATS:
Improved Trip
Teamwork 3
Truth Sense

POWERS:
Super-Senses 4
>Danger Sense (Olfactory)
>Low-Light Vision
>Scent
>Track

OFFENSES:
Initiative +10

ATK +6
Grapple +14

Damage:
Unarmed DC 23

DEFENSES
Defense +8

Toughness +10
Knockback -5
*EDIT (2/9/2017 @ 2:04 am EST): I added the Indestructible Power Feat to Gungnir to represent not only it's being a Treasure of Asgard, but also it's origins from being a Svartalf-Made Weapon.
Last edited by XeroKhan on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Xeroverse Heroes & Villains

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, an "always hits" weapon- was that part of the original mythology? That's pretty epic. His animal friends are pretty high-end, too. Is Sleipnir PL 11?
XeroKhan

Re: Xeroverse Heroes & Villains

Post by XeroKhan »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 am Wow, an "always hits" weapon- was that part of the original mythology? That's pretty epic. His animal friends are pretty high-end, too. Is Sleipnir PL 11?
Yup. Odin's spear, Gungnir, never misses. It was stated in the story of the Treasures of Asgard (i.e. Gungnir, Mjollnir, Sif's Hair, etc). It was made by Svartalf hands, empowered by magic, but it is nowhere near as powerful as what I'm planning for Mjollnir- one that outshines even Marvel's interpretation. I did nerf the spear, as it never misses when it is thrown.

As for Odin's animals, I had to meet their "heavenly" attributes in a M&M system. Odin's ravens were gatherers of information from all over the Nine Realms, so their flight speed had to be extremely high, as well as their intelligence to relay the information back to Odin. Geri and Freki are meant to guard Odin's throne, so I boosted them to decently high levels and gave them intelligence (they speak in the myth of how the god Frey lost his sword Sumarbrandr to woo a beautiful giantess). Sleipnir is half-Jotunn, as he is the child of Loki (a story that Loki would be embarrassed about, since Loki bore the horse) and it is known for it's super-speed, thus why it's so fast.

I can easily go on, but I think I made my point (I hope). If you need links about each thing, I will supply if asked.
XeroKhan

Thor, the Guardian of Midgard

Post by XeroKhan »

Alright, time for the Guardian of Midgard himself:
STR 22 (28 Raging)
DEX 18
CON 22
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 18

FORT +10 (or +13 Raging)
REFX +8
WILL +7 (or +10 Raging)

Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Climb 8 (+14; +17 Raging)
Concentration 12 (+15)
Escape Artist 8 (+12)
Handle Animal 8 (+12)
Intimidate 12 (+16; +21 to Jotuns)
Know (Earth Sciences) 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+11; +16 to Jotuns)
Ride 8 (+12)
Search 8 (+10)
Sense Motive 8 (+11; +16 to Jotuns)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+12)
Survival 8 (+11; +16 to Jotuns)
Swim 4 (+10; +13 Raging)

Bluff +5

Acrobatic Bluff
All-Out Attack
Critical Strike (Jotuns)
Defensive Roll 2
Dodge Focus 2
Endurance
Evasion
Favored Opponent 5 (Jotuns)
Fearsom Presence 6 (30 ft., WILL DC 16 or Become Shaken)
Improved Initiative
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Prone Fighting
Quick Draw 1 (Draw)
Rage 3 (+6 STR, +3 FORT/WILL, -2 DEF, 10 rnds)
Startle
Takedown Attack 2
Track
Uncanny Dodge (Visual)

Immunity 5
>Weather Effects

Weather Control 10
>Distraction [High Winds, 5000 ft. radius, DC 10]

AE: Air Control 10
>Heavy Load: 12 tons

AE: Blast 10
>Lightning

AE: Dazzle 10
>Thunder (Auditory Senses)
+Burst Area

AE: Environmental Control 10
>Cold [Extreme Cold, 5000 ft. radius, 1/4 Speed]

AE: Environmental Control 10
>Heat [Extreme Heat, 5000 ft. radius]

AE: Obscure 10
>Fog (Visual Senses), 5000 ft. radius]

AE: Obscure 10
>Howling Winds (Auditory Senses), 5000 ft. radius]

=====The Girdle of Grid=====
DEVICE 4
-Hard to Remove

Protection 10
+Impervious
============================

=====The Staff of Grid=====
DEVICE 7
-Easy to Remove

Damage 6
=Accurate
=Mighty
+LINKED: Petrification*
=Ranged

*Petrification 10
+Continuous
=Incurable
-Permanent
-Touch Range

Immovable 10
>+40 vs. Push, Rush, Trip, or Throw
-Concentration
===========================

=====The Glove of Grid=====
DEVICE 2
-Hard to Remove

Feature 1
>Able to hold anything EXCEPT Mjollnir

Enhanced Feats 5
>Throwing Mastery 5
=Accurate 2
=Improved Block
=Improved Throw 2
===========================

Init +8

ATK +8
...w/ Glove +8 (+12 Throwing & Catching)

Grapple +14
...w/ Rage +17

Unarmed DC 21
...w/ Megingjord DC 22-31
...w/ Rage DC 24
...w/ Both DC 25-34
Mjollnir DC 36
...w/ Megingjord DC 37-46
...w/ Rage DC 39
...w/ Both DC 40-49
Staff of Grid DC 27
...w/ Megingjord DC 28-37
...w/ Raging DC 30
...w/ Both DC 31-40
Throwing w/ Glove DC 26
...w/ Megingjord DC 27-36
...w/ Raging DC 29
...w/ Both DC 30-39

Lightning Blast DC 25

+5 Damage vs. Jotuns

DEF +12
...>+5 Flatfooted
...>+10 Raging

TOUGH +8 (+6 Flatfooted)
...>w/ Girdle +18 (+16 Flatfooted)

Knockback -4
...w/ Girdle of Grid +14
...w/ Staff of Grid +14
...w/ Both +24

MOTIVATION- Goodness: Thor fights for Humans, especially the Lower Classes. If anybody is threatened by Jotuns, Thor is there to demolish those Jotuns.

FAME: Thor is THE most famous Norse Myth figure to exist. Even those who never studied the Myth have heard of Thor through some means.

REPUTATION: Thor is HATED by many Jotuns. Not only that, but his Anger is very noteworthy.

TEMPER: Thor has the greatest form of Rage that could ever exist. His anger even terrifies the Aesir. One should NEVER intentionally anger Thor, or it will be their end.

DRAWBACKS:

FATE AT RAGNAROK: Thor can only die at Ragnarok by the venom of Jormungandr, the Midgard Serpent and Loki's Son. Just like Odin, he cannot die before then.
WOW. Craziest character sheet I ever made to date/post. To explain my process, I started with the most simple premise: "What is Thor without ANYTHING including his godly abilities?" He is a simple Barbarian from his actions and capabilities; however, he is not as dumb as one, so he does not have the drawback of being unable to read. After that, I gave him his powers of Weather Control, as he is the Norse God of Storms. After that, I began building up what makes him TRULY the Protector of Midgard- his equipment. I first built up his belt Megingjord (Meg-ing-yord), which increases the actual strength of the wearer, which increases in potency when tightened. Below is Megingjord:
DEVICE 9
-Hard to Remove
=Indestructible

Super-Strength 10
=FEATURE (Adjustable: Can precisely set the bonus from 1-10 while wearing, but requires a Standard Action to change this bonus)
=Innate
+LINKED: Damage 10 (=Mighty)
=Reversible
=Subtle
+Total Fade

After that, I started building up the Legendary Hammer of Thor, Mjollnir (Mioll-near). This Weapon is EXTREMELY powerful and dangerous when unprotected. Below is Mjollnir:
DEVICE 8
-Easy to Remove
=Indestructible
=Restricted (Those wearing Jarngreipr)

Damage 15 (19pp)
=FEATURE: After being thrown, it returns to the Thrower's hand immediately at the end of their turn in Initiative
=Mighty
=Thrown
=Homing 1

Damage 10 (21pp)
+Aura
=Innate
-LIMITED: Only to those attempting to Wield Mjollnir
-Permanent

Now, I know what you are thinking: "Hey, why does Mjollnir have an Aura? Shouldn't it be like any other hammer?" In the actual Myths, Mjollnir IS powerful, but it was also dangerous as it's handle is white hot (I figured it was physical plasma, like a Lightsaber's blade), so, it is represented as such. It is also of note that Thor does, in fact, lose this weapon A LOT; however, none of the Jotuns EVER wield the weapon against Thor because of the handle (I figured), and only used it as a token to trick Thor into coming to them and then kill Thor (spoiler alert, it NEVER worked out for the Jotun). The only way Thor was even able to wield this weapon are his gauntlets, Jarngreipr (Yarn-grape). Below are stats to Jarngreipr:
DEVICE 1
-Hard to Remove
=Indestructible

Immunity 1
>Aura of Mjollnir

(Jarngreipr has no other abilities save for the wearer's immunity to Mjollnir's handle, so I couldn't think of what else to boost it up. Sorry.)

It MUST be noted that ONLY those who wear Jarngreipr can wield Mjollnir, and nobody else. That is why in this setting, this is the only thing that has Immunity to Mjollnir's handle. The only other thing is that Thor has two goats: Tangrisnir (Tan-Griz-near) and Tanngnjostr (Tan-gin-yost), who accompany Thor constantly. Here are their stats (the stats represent both goats):
STR 20
DEX 10
CON 22
INT 2
WIS 11
CHA 4

FORT +10
REFX +4
WILL +1

Notice +4

Endurance 2
Fast Overrun
Improved Overrun
Instant Up
Move-By Action
Takedown Attack 2
Teamwork

Damage 5
=Mighty

Regeneration 44
>Recovery Rate
...>Bruised & Unconscious: Immediately
...>Injured & Staggered: Immediately
...>Disabled & Ability Damage: Immediately
>Resurrection: Immediately
=Innate
-LIMITED: Does not work on Bones/Bone Marrow (They heal normally)
-LIMITED: All bones must be together for it to work
=Persistent
-UNRELIABLE: Only 1/day

Super-Movement 6
>Dimensional Movement 3 (Any Dimension/Realm)
>Air Walking 2
>Slow Fall

Init +0

ATK +3
Grapple +8

Unarmed DC 20
Gore DC 25

DEF +4

TOUGH +3
Knockback -1

These two goats have regenerative capabilities equal to even Deadpool, so Thor brings them along as "Emergency Food." If they are eaten, the come back to life the next morning after they are eaten; however, if one or both of the goat's bone marrow is devoured, the affected goat(s) will be unable to fully restore those specific bones through their Regeneration and must therefore heal them naturally. This is seen in the Myth of how Thor gain his servant and "sidekick" Thialfi.

Once more, back to the stats of Thor, he has other devices on him BECAUSE they are the "back-up" equipment given to him by one of Odin's many wives, Grid (a Jotun), and are thus represented as such. Each item has its use: The Girdle (a shirt that reaches all the way down to the mid-thigh) didn't do anything really, so I gave it high Protection; The Staff which makes one immovable when focusing on staying in one spot safely, as well as it's ability to PETRIFY its foes; and The Glove, capable of holding at the very least a Molten wedge (of possibly iron or some sturdy material).

In the end, Thor came out to be at most a PL 31. The only reason it is this high is only because of Megingjord and Mjollnir combined while Raging. Keep in mind of his Complications, and the other notes I made on Mjollnir, and make sure only a GM uses Thor as a plot device ONLY.