Jason is the long lost son of Queen Hippolyta and Zeus, and Princess Diana's twin brothe

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
ThierryD

Jason is the long lost son of Queen Hippolyta and Zeus, and Princess Diana's twin brothe

Post by ThierryD »

Anyone want to take a shot at stating this character up. :D
Bladewind

Re: Jason is the long lost son of Queen Hippolyta and Zeus, and Princess Diana's twin brothe

Post by Bladewind »

This guy seems OP and then some ! If I were to stat him for a game, I'd lose "Zeus Armor." That's almost a Variable Power with removable (*gleep) that lets him emulate the powers of the gods at will. Bummer. He can only emulate one god at a time...

As for the character itself, what were you looking for? A playable version at Pl 10 or 12? or something comparable to the DCA H&V version?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jason is the long lost son of Queen Hippolyta and Zeus, and Princess Diana's twin brothe

Post by Ares »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:26 pm This guy seems OP and then some ! If I were to stat him for a game, I'd lose "Zeus Armor." That's almost a Variable Power with removable (*gleep) that lets him emulate the powers of the gods at will. Bummer. He can only emulate one god at a time...

As for the character itself, what were you looking for? A playable version at Pl 10 or 12? or something comparable to the DCA H&V version?
Based on what I've read, Jason apparently started out as an antagonist, but quickly became a hero, albeit an inexperienced one. He also apparently recently sacrificed himself to get rid of a group of Dark Gods, becoming their vessel as they attempt to breach the Source Wall to find their way home. It's possible he might return, but he might also be gone for good.

Going off of that, I'd say Jason is probably a PL or two below Diana, but overpointed to have similar ability ranks and more versatility at lower accuracy. PL 12 is probably right for him, though again with a lot more power points than a starting character. I see a lot of alternate effects in his write up to save points.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

I agree it would be pretty overpowered, but not that hard to make. Basically take Wonder Woman without her toys, add Insubstantial (yeesh), Weather Control and "Darkseid-level" Divine Blast. The Zeus Armor wouldn't need to be a Variable; you could just make the power of each god a single trait in most cases, so just a big array. Hippolyta's spear can just be a spear that isn't Removable, since he can call it and dismiss it at will.

Honestly the hardest part would be to keep him pegged to one PL with that swarm of powers.
ThierryD

Post by ThierryD »

I was thinking that the armor would be more like Shazam powers. I saw that Hercules has trained him and that he also beat him with a spear. I was thinking STAT wise he would be around his sister except for fighting...
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Sorry, I keep thinking in FASERIP and this guy wouldn't be that hard.
ThierryD

Post by ThierryD »

I was thinking of use viewtopic.php?f=14&t=66&start=1125#p3517 WW build as a baseline by Gamebook
ThierryD

Post by ThierryD »

Str 16 Agl 6 Fgt 12 Awe 5
Sta 14 Dex 6 Int 4 Pre 5

Dodge 11
Parry 12
Fort 14
Toughness 14
Will 10

Deception +6 (+11)
Fishing +6 (+11)
Perception +10 (+15)
Ranged Attack {Spear} +6 (+12)
Vehicles +4 (+10)

162/210

That's what I have so far. What do you think so far? How should I do the powers I have seen (Flight, lighting, wind (to create a tidal wave))
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

It`s a start... :)
Your Spear is going to cause you to have a really high PL - not accounting for the spear itself (assuming strength based) that`s PL 14 minimum.
Note also, a spear is often a close combat weapon as well...

A "cheat" as it were, would be to drop the Strength Score and add "Power Lifting" to keep him in Diana`s strength class. He doesn`t hit as hard (lack of experience/ training) but can still lift the same amount. (Power Lifting is Enhanced Strength, Limited to Lifting.)

I'm actually working on a version as well. I am basing on the WW from H&V, and went with PL 13 as WW is PL 15 IIRC...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Another technique for adding weapons to strong characters without breaking their PL can actually be cribbed from the DCA build of Ares. As the God of War, his whole arsenal is represented by Penetrating on his STR 16, along with Precise and Reach. For the Spear of Hippolyta, you could do likewise with Penetrating and Ranged, or whatever you prefer. Maybe throw an Improved Critical on it, too.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Do NOT take it as gospel. There are plenty of people on these boards with greater Stat-Fu than me...

But... My take on Jason

I really like JDRook's idea of Penetrating, but personally I rarely use Penetrating and Impervious...

My Design Notes from the build:

:arrow: I called him Jason Prince just for my own records. From what I can tell, he was never called anything other than Jason in the comics.
:arrow: I left off the armor - much of it is redundant IMO. He already has Zeus' power for instance. I would imagine, if the situation called for it, power stunting off his weather array and calling it the armor would be suitable.
:arrow: One of his listed powers is Weather Mimicry. I included that/ considered it to be part of the Insubstantial. Speaking of, the way it was described is that he doesn't pass through walls or such, things pass through him... Note, that in the descriptions I've read, he actually has Rank 2 Insubstantial (Gaseous). However, it specifically states that even Darkseid's Omega Beams pass through him in that state, so Rank 4 is more suitable IMO. Making it the second power in the array renders the point moot cost wise...
:arrow: the Check Required on the Force Field was in reference to the "filled with love and compassion." I chose Create to not break PL using Protection.
:arrow: I added Combat Advantages that Wonder Woman lacks - something of an oversight IMO. She can level tanks with a punch but lack finesse. His write-ups talk about Advanced Hand-to-Hand training... so I added it.
:arrow: Due to his inexperience (its highlighted a few times where I read on him), I did not go all out on the Alt Powers of Weather Control. He's a beast as is, and "experience" will make it even worse... :D
ThierryD

Post by ThierryD »

I like your build, I think it is better then what I would have come up with. I am new to this but have been a fan of this website for a while. The only thing I can think of is:

Amazon Bracelets (Removable (indestructible))
. . Deflect: Deflect 15 (Redirection, Reflect; Reduced Range: close)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 15 (Sustained)

Also possible regeneration since he healed very quickly with no scare after a fight with Silver Swan.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

It's not better or worse than what you'd have come up with - just different. ;) Seriously, i pick apart builds for games and have mine destroyed for others.

Reasons I left off those items:

Bracers - didn't see anything in the literature/ summaries to suggest he had them. And I figured that would be strictly an Amazon thing anyway.
Regen - Costwise this was already nuts, and he's already very powerful...
ThierryD

Post by ThierryD »

I see your point. I would like to use this build if I could find a game that would allow me to use him as is.