J-Mart Earth-J217: Reopening! Brainiac, Darkseid

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Razor-Fist

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ok, again how does he wipe with those things?!?!?!?!

RAZOR-FIST
PL7

OPL: 7; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 260
Eyes: Blue
Hair: None
Skin: Olive
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Assassin's Guild

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8 INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (2), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Razor Fists), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Smash, Power Attack (2) (Razor Fists, Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Razor Fists: 5 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pts); 4 pts
Hand Blades: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Split); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Razor Fists +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He had his hands replaced with the Razor Fists so…he has no hands…not the best career move IMHO, but so be it…And wearing the Razor Fists makes it hard for him to do any fine manipulation.
Enemy: Shang-Chi, Iron Fist.

Abilities 46 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 4 + Defenses 9 = 87 / 87

Build Comments: Another fine jobber, Razor Fist has gotten beaten up by some of the best in the Marvel U. I hope to continue that tradition her on Earth-T1.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

The Chechen

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Clown's right, we have to fix real problem; Batman. - The Chechen

THE CHECHEN
PL4

OPL: 4; SPL: -; DPL: 4; FWPL: 4; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 180
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: The Russian Mob

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+7) [Well-Informed], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+4), Stealth 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (5) (Status 2 [Crime Lord], Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Light Undercover Vest: Protection 1, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 9; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +4 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +4 against ballistics), Fortitude +4, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money and power.
Relationships: He is quite fond of his dogs.

Abilities 32 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 0 + Defenses 7 = 70 / 70

Build Comments: I’m going to build a few low level mob bosses from various mediums to fill out that role in my setting and I figured I’d start with one in Gotham. Out of all the mob bosses in The Dark Knight, it’s between Chechen and Gambol as my favorites. His acceptance of The Joker and Gambols’ immediate dislike drove that part of the movie. Plus, Chechen loves his dogs and who can’t identify with that?

Secret Origins: Born in the Russian federal republic of Chechnya to a mother and father he believed were a pair of weaklings and fools who deserved the squalor they lived in, the boy who would grow up to be known as "the Chechen" witnessed many atrocities during the First Chechen War that started with his small nation's breakaway from Russia in 1994. He grew up realizing that the chaos gripping Chechnya could be turned to his advantage as it came to an end two years later, and obtained a lot of guns abandoned by fleeing Russian troops that enabled him to get followers and become one of the most feared and powerful men in his region. The Chechen was sure nothing could stop him, but was proven wrong when the Second Chechen War broke out in 1999, this time ending with the Russian's victory. Since that was fine with him because they seemed to have plenty of guns and rockets, the young dominator moved on into a career of supplying drugs to Russian troops because to him, money could be made out of such items despite authorities outlawing them.

The Story so Far: One night, however, while he and his hireling delivered cocaine to a major general, the police caught wind of the deal and arrived at the general's quarters to arrest them all. The Chechen, who was waiting in his car when the hell broke loose and his driver was killed in its midst, was able to escape by rolling out the car door with a machine pistol found under his seat in hand and ran into an alleyway, shooting and killing the four cops chasing after him as he turned around. After hiding in a culvert beneath a roadway for an hour until he was sure nobody was looking for him, the famed drug-seller hiked to a nearby airfield, where he made use of a computer to access bank accounts in the Bahamas. He obtained a private aircraft through a bribe and flew within a week to Mexico City, booking himself into a luxury hotel with doubt that the Russians would ever find him there. But because the Chechen still liked doing business in the drug trade, he sought to re-establish his his life's somewhere in the United States. At first, he found it difficult to difficult to decide where in the country he could start in until he learned about the situation in Gotham City. He has since risen to being the leader of the Russian mob in Gotham.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart II - What's Up Danger?...Spider-Man

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 am
Ares wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 am
When I debated making my own build threads I had something of a similar design philosophy, where PL scale maxed out as 12 and the differences between heroes weren't so pronounced. PL 12s were the top tier Superman/Thor types that combined a lot of raw power and experience, PL 11s were for the above average, highly competent heroes which could range from Batman and Captain America to Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc. PL 10 was what an experienced hero of average power and competence would be, encompassing pretty much everyone else. PL 9s would be the average powered rookies or the less powerful heroes, PL 8s would be for "action movie" who are just normal guys operating on action movie physics, etc. The big differences would then come in how the trade offs worked. I feel this might have helped not give the high damage/toughness guys such an edge over the accuracy/dodge types.
One, you should make builds. It's what all the cool kids do. :)
Maybe after I wrap up a couple of other projects. Though once said projects are done, I'd likely be using a completely different system for said builds. ;)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Jace Beleren

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I have a plan. Actually, I have three. - Jace Beleren

JACE BELEREN
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 6; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 165
Hair: Brown
Race: Human Planeswalker
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Ravnica
Team Affiliations: The Gatewatch; The JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 7 (+11) [Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Arbiter] 4 (+8), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+11) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Multiverse] 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Favored Foe (Telepaths), Improved Defense, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Ritualist, Second Chance (1) (Opposed Will checks vs. Mental Effects), Speed of Thought*, Taunt

POWERS:
Illusory Guise: Feature 1 (You can project an illusion that you are wearing a costume or uniform, allowing you to “change” instantly [as a free action] without any need to carry other clothing); 1 pt
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Planeswalking: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2 [Magical Multiverse]); 4 pts
Mind Shield: Enhanced Impervious Will 3 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 3 pts
Predictive Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: not against opponents immune to mental powers); 4 pts
Aura Reading: Senses 3 (Detect Emotional and Physical State [Visual, Mental], Ranged); 4 pts
Mental Awareness: Senses 1 (Awareness [Mental]); 1 pts
Telepath Unbound: 46 pt Dynamic Array; 60 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 11 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic, Subtle); 46 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Hallucinations: Illusion 10 (All Senses, Extra: Dynamic, Selective, Flaw: Limited [one subject], Resistible [Will]); 2 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 11, Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation); 2 pts
Mind Sculpting: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Mental; Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable; 2nd: Defenseless and Stunned; 3rd: Transformed [Mentally/Memories], Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition); 2 pts
Send to Sleep: Cloud Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Cloud Area x2 [30 ft radius], Dynamic); 2 pts
Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Which One Is the Real Jace?: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses, Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Decoy Images); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Special Attack [Mental Blast +11, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +11, Perception; Send to Sleep Affliction +11, Cloud Area; Mind Sculpting Affliction +9, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+9 with Predictive Defenses) [DC17/19] Parry +7 (+9 with Predictive Defenses) [DC17/19]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +10 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Some of Jace's bad decisions have made him enemies across the Multiverse, including Tezzeret and Nicol Bolas.
Guilt: Jace has great guilt over using his powers to destroy the mind of his master even though it was justified. He has gone so far as to mindwipe himself to avoid the guilt. But it hasn't always worked.
Lead Him Not Into Temptation: While he does have a good heart, Jace is easily swayed by temptations and has made a number of bad decisions because of it.
Motivation: Despite his constant battles to resist temptations of power, Jace does want to do what's right and keep the greater forces of evil in the Multiverse at bay.
Power Loss: Planeswalker magic relies on ambient mana to an extent, and without a source of the mana of their specialty, their magic weakens. Jace requires blue mana (generally found in is;ands and watery regions) to maintain his magic.
[Relationships: Despite their confrontations, he does seem to care for Liliana Vess and Garruk along with his allies in the Gatewatch.
Responsibility: Jace is the Living Guildpact of Ravnica, which is a larger responsibility than he really wants but one that could threaten to lead to a plane-wide Guild War.

Abilities 54 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 78 + Defenses 12 = 180 / 180

Build Comments: If Magic the Gathering has a main character right now, it’s Jace Beleren. I will give MTG quite a bit of credit for the past couple of years, not so much for their card development (but it has greatly improved this year since they decided to *shocker* have people who play a lot be involved in development!), but for their new commitment to the story of their new card sets, and fleshing out the characters of their multiverse.

Jace is an interesting character, one of the signature Planeswalkers in the series. He’s got a good “weird kid makes good then becomes snarky antihero” backstory that seems tailormade to appeal to the young male audience Wizards of the Coast wants to reach. I’ve always thought Wizards has done a poor job of creating “THE character” for their merchandise. Jace could be their Mickey Mouse if they really pushed him and I think that’s finally starting to happen. They just need to avoid overdoing it.

In game, he’s a blue mana wielder and he’s had some of the most powerful Planeswalker cards in MTG history. Jace the Mind Sculptor became illegal in Standard play like *snaps fingers* that because it was insane back in the day, and a recent Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy/Telepath Unbound card was a staple in standard play, with most of the top tier decks finding a way to work him in despite the ridiculous (over $100 at one point) cost for the card.

Biggest flaw in the MTG world; He/She who has the most cash wins most of the time. The top tier decks in Standard play average about $600 now which is insane for anyone that is not truly committed to be a professional MTG player, IMHO. Especially considering how fast those cards will rotate out of the format.

Fortunately, my hook to the game is the same hook I have here: building. I love building budget decks, playing them a bit, tearing them apart and building new decks. Just like I love building Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, etc. messing around with them, then going back and rebuilding them. I could probably have 3000 builds up here and a truly competitive standard deck for MTG if I ever really focused but I never will because I keep spending all my time and resources building and rebuilding everything. And that’s just fine with me. To thine ownself be true, ladies and gentlemen.

As a build, Jace is a strong telepath, not Jean or Prof X level but more than power to be a nightmare to pepole in the MTG settings, which are fantasy level settings. But I am having him and some other Planeswalkers get stuck in this setting for a while. And I want to have some Legion of Superheroes characters stuck there, too, just to be fair. The meeting of past, present and future…just the way it should be.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Terrax the Tamer

Post by Thorpocalypse »

TERRAX THE TAMER
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 5; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 2750
Eyes: Grey
Hair: None
Skin: Grey
Race: Landlak Mutant
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Landlak
Team Affiliations: Heralds of Galactus

[ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13 [15], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2 [8], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+13/+15), Deception (+3), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 13 (+14), Insight (+8), Intimidation 9 (+12) [Startle], Perception (+8), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 2 (+10), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (3) (Status 3 – Former Herald of Galactus, Ruler of City State of Lanlak), Close Attack (1), Diehard, Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Axe), Power Attack (3) (Axe Strike, Cosmic Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Startle

POWERS:
Dust Resistant: Feature 1 (You can shed dust and dirt [including mud] at will, keeping yourself and your clothing clean under almost any conditions); 1 pt
Heal the Earth: Feature 1 (You can “heal” damage or upheaval to the ground or earthen construction, simply by smoothing over the damaged surface with your hands); 1 pt
Natural Geologist: Feature 1 (You can determine the type of any stone you encounter simply by touching [or perhaps even tasting] it); 1 pt
Stonework Knowledge: Feature 1 (You can tell if a stone surface is natural or worked with tools [or even shaped by earth powers] simply by touching or looking at it); 1 pt
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); Communication 2 (Mental, 1 Mile); Enhanced Awareness 6; Senses 3 (Cosmic Awareness; Mental, Ranged, Extended); 29 pts
Rocklike Physiology: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 13, Feature 3 (Increased Mass 3), Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Need for Sleep); 32 pts
Tremorsense: Senses 2 (Touch [Ranged, Extended]); 2 pts
Boulder Flight: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr; Flaw: Platform [rock/boulder]); 11 pts
Earth Control: 48 pt Array; 50 pts
Earth Burst: Burst Area Bludgeoning Move Object 12 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Damaging, Flaw: Limited Material [rock/earth]); 48 pts
Chasm: Ranged Line Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Linked [Burrowing, Damage], Flaw: Instant Recovery [the Dazed and Prone conditions only last for a round], Limited [to two degrees]); Line Area Burrowing Attack 8 (16 mph/250 fpr; Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Linked [Affliction, Damage], Flaw: Limited [downward only]); Line Area Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Linked [Affliction, Burrowing], Flaw: Limited [Targets Affected by Second Degree of Affliction]); 1 pt
Earthquake: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Accurate, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Secondary Effect, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees], Limited [opponents/objects touching ground]); 1 pt

Earth Control Mastery: Enhanced Move Object 12 (400,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 12 pts
Power Cosmic: 35 pt Array; 37 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Extended Range 5 [800/1600/3200]); 35 pts
Cosmic Travel: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 1 pt
Cosmic Boost: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Strength 4 (12,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting); 1 pt

Cosmic Axe: 13 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 7 pts
Axe Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 10); 12 pts
Cosmic Energy Control Focus: Enhanced Skills 1 (Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 2 ranks); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +13; Ax Strike +15, Critical 19-20; Cosmic Boost Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +7
Cosmic Energy Control +9 [Cosmic Energy Control +15; Chasm Affliction +8, Burst Area]
Earthquake Affliction +12 [Earthquake Affliction +10, Burst Area]
Special Attack [Earth Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four, The Green Lantern Corps.
Obsession: Conquest.
Reputation: Generally, no one likes to see a current, or former Herald of Galactus. Especially HIM…
Rivalry: The other heralds of Galactus.

Abilities 88 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 184 + Defenses 6 = 305 / 305

Build Comments: For a long time I never saw much of Terrax, then all of a sudden I started seeing him everywhere once Annihilation hit. He kinda became the jobber to the stars for a brief period and then he died. But as most comic characters do, he got better.

Of he’s still grumpin’ around the Thorpocaverse, jobbing to the stars and challenging other Cosmic Thorpocaverse characters.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
BriarThrone

Re: Razor-Fist

Post by BriarThrone »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 am Image
Ok, again how does he wipe with those things?!?!?!?!
Hopefully he can invest in a bidet.
Thorpocalypse

Grendel (Hunter Rose)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

What's wrong? Can't you see? I'm smiling for the camera. - Grendel

GRENDEL (HUNTER ROSE)
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 175
Hair: Black
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+11), Deception 9 (+13) [Daze], Expertise [Business] 2 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+13), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+10), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 7 (+11), Sleight of Hand (+6), Stealth 9 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+8), Treatment (+8), Vehicles (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (5) (Wealth, Status, Resources 5 – New York Crime Lord), Clean* (2), Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Favored Foe (Argent), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (French, Spanish, 8 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Long Blades), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Grendel Mask: Features 1 (Voice Distortion), Rebreather, Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 3 pts
Devil's Fork: (7 pts)
Fork Strike: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (5 ft); 6 pts
Fork Taser: Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +3; Devil's Fork +6, Critical 18-20; Fork Taser Affliction +6] Ranged Attack +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Argent the Wolf.
Motivation: The thrill of challenge and seeing just what he can do.
Relationships: His adopted daughter, Stacy Palumbo.
Secret Identity: In his non-crime boss/assassin persona, he is Hunter Rose, international best selling author and former fencing champion.

Abilities 92 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 0 + Defenses 12 = 180 / 180

Build Comments: I had just cleaned up Grendel for posting at J-Mart I so he was an easy tweak for J-Mart II.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

White Knight

Post by Thorpocalypse »

WHITE KNIGHT
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 200
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Red
Race: Human Mutate
Team Affiliations: The Red Reich; The Sons of America

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Fire Control] 6 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Power Attack (2) (Fire Blast, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Protected by Purity: Protection 6; 6 pts
Fire Flight: Flight 6 (125 mph/1800 fpr); 12 pts
Flames of Hate: 20 pt Array; 24 pts
Fire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 10; 20 pts
Flame Strike: Fire Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 8); 1 pt
Flame Flash: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Flaw: Limited [one sense]); 1 pt
Flame Aura: Fire Damage 5 (Extra: Action [Reaction to being touched]); 1 pt
Flame Burst: Burst Area Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft burst]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +8; Flame Strike +10; Flame Aura +5, Reaction]
Ranged Attack +2
Fire Control +8 [Flame Blast +10]
Special Attack [Flame Flash +6, Perception; Flame Burst +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Just about anyone who's not a white, heterosexual protestant that is not a liberal that sympathizes with the mongrel races
Reputation: The White Knight is well known bigot and many villains don't like working with him and many heroes want to take him down just because of what's done and said

Abilities 52 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 42 + Defenses 17 = 127 / 127

Build Comments: The White Knight is meant to be a fun foe for people to beat up. He should be that for the better heroes of my setting but he is by no means a pushover. At PL9, he’s right in with my experienced heroes and with his versatile powerset, he can cause some problems.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
slade the sniper

Re: J-Mart II - Razor-Fist, The Chechen, Jace Beleren, Terrax the Tamer

Post by slade the sniper »

Good job with Jace! Are you going to do the rest of the Planeswalkers (especially Nicol Bolas or...or...Chandra Nalaar?)

I also like your Joker, the movie version(s) are much better than the comic versions.

Finally, I notice that you seem to be a bit low on the PL's, which is rather similar to the entire genre (which is SUPER heroes, not normal people with powers), but both you and Jab seem to lowball normal folks to the point that it is almost impossible to see how they would ever be able to get larger weapons (like aircraft/mecha) and be still be "competent" except by GM fiat.

-STS
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

slade the sniper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 am Good job with Jace! Are you going to do the rest of the Planeswalkers (especially Nicol Bolas or...or...Chandra Nalaar?)

I also like your Joker, the movie version(s) are much better than the comic versions.

Finally, I notice that you seem to be a bit low on the PL's, which is rather similar to the entire genre (which is SUPER heroes, not normal people with powers), but both you and Jab seem to lowball normal folks to the point that it is almost impossible to see how they would ever be able to get larger weapons (like aircraft/mecha) and be still be "competent" except by GM fiat.

-STS
I'll never get to all of them but I plan on hitting some of the bigger names. Bolas is a definite, the rest of the Gatewatch is a probably.

I did go low on the PLs in this thread for a change of pace. You can my normal scale at J-Mart I or my thread on Ronin Army.

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with a couple of Hero Points, a good roll or two and a little creativity. Us normal folk are scrappier than we look. ;)
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:19 pm
slade the sniper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 am Good job with Jace! Are you going to do the rest of the Planeswalkers (especially Nicol Bolas or...or...Chandra Nalaar?)

-STS
I'll never get to all of them but I plan on hitting some of the bigger names. Bolas is a definite, the rest of the Gatewatch is a probably.

I did go low on the PLs in this thread for a change of pace. You can my normal scale at J-Mart I or my thread on Ronin Army.

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with a couple of Hero Points, a good roll or two and a little creativity. Us normal folk are scrappier than we look. ;)
Well, when you stat up Chandra, make sure you have a lot of pics....

-STS
myway24454

Post by myway24454 »

You either die or you live long enough to become a jobber. It honestly seems inevitable for recurring villains by this point.
Thorpocalypse

Deathstroke the Terminator

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Take me in. I've got lawyers that make Darkseid look like a librarian. - Deathstroke the Terminator

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 8; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Hair: White
Race: Human Mutate
Team Affiliations: Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 10 [12], INTELLECT 2 [4], AWARENESS 5 [7], PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 9 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 8 (+13), Expertise [Assassin] 11 (+15), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 14 (+18), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment, Combat Clarity, Fast Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 9 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+13), Sleight of Hand (+7), Stealth 6 (+13), Technology 6 (+10), Treatment (+4), Vehicles 4 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit () (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Chokehold, Combat Clarity* (1), Connected, Contacts, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (9), Evasion, Favored Foe (Captain America), Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (2), Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (French, Spanish, Farsi, Korean, 6 others, Base: English), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (4) (Guns, Power Staff, Sword, Unarmed), Precise Attack (3) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (2), Tracking, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Variant Super Soldier Serum Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 3 (16 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Regeneration 5 (1/every 2 rounds); 16 pts
Enhanced Brain Capacity: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Eidetic Memory), Enhanced Intellect 2, Quickness 2 (Flaw: Limited to Mental); 6 pts
Enhanced Senses: Enhanced Awareness 2, Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Evasion, Improved Initiative 2, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge), Senses 9 (Normal Vision [Extended, Rapid], Normal Hearing [Extended, Rapid], Scent [Acute], Danger Sense, Darkvision); 22 pts
Promethium Armor: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7; 9 pts
Promethium Sword: 9 pts Traits, Extra: Indestructible, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 6 pts
Sword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5, Smashing); 9 pts
Power Staff: 18 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts); 10 pts
Stunning Blast: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 15 pts
Energy Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 8 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Staff Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Reach [5 ft]); 1 pt
Stunning Strike: Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Restraints: Feature 1 (Toughness 5, DC20 Sleight of Hand); 1 pt
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pt
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Night Vision Goggles: Senses 1 (Darkvision, -2 Perception); 1 pt
Ulti-Tool: Feature 2 (Eliminates penalties for checks requiring Tools); 2 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Uzi: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 12 pts
Arsenal: (25 pts)
Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 20 pts
Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 1 pt
Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250); 1 pt
Throwing Knives: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +12 [Promethium Sword +8, Critical 18-20; Power Staff Strike +8; Power Staff Stun Affliction +8; Knife +7, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +11 [Power Staff Blast +8; Power Staff Stun Affliction +8; Throwing Knives +2, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Guns +13 [Heavy Pistol +4; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 19-20; Uzi +4, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Burst Area; Tear Gas Grenade Affliction +5, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll, +4 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Deathstroke has personal vendettas against Green Arrow, Nightwing and Wolverine. But his greatest foe is Captain America, whom he longs to kill to prove that he is the greatest super soldier of all.
Motivation: Being the best there is at what he does.
Relationships: Deathstroke has had a series of tumultuous romances, first with his wife Adeline, then later with Terra Markov, and former police officer Pat Trayce, the second Vigilante. His strongest ties are to Rose Wilson, the new Ravager, and her brother Joseph, the former Titan known as Jericho, his two surviving children. They are all that remains of Slade’s broken family. Though he tries to manipulate them, Slade cares for his children in his own twisted, obsessive way. They may yet prove to be Slade’s greatest weakness.
Rivalry: As the world's greatest mercenary, he has a rivalry with Deadpool, Deadshot, Bullseye and other top level mercs.
Temporary Insanity: While Deathstroke can regenerate from even the most mortal of wounds, recovering from the Dying condition renders him insane and animalistic for a short period of time.

Abilities 96 + Skills 56 (112 ranks) + Advantages 49 + Powers 67 + Defenses 8 = 276 / 276

Build Comments: Slade Wilson for Earth-J217. I put him at PL10 like Batman, and several other elite fighter builds I have coming eventually. My thought is that there's a group that really should be 50-50 odds against each other in one-on-one combat so I made them all pretty even and I'll let the dice be the decider.

Considering most of my "average" heroes and villains will be about PL8.5, leaning PL9 on either offense or defense, PL8 on the other; a PL10 like Deathstroke will be a considerable challenge.
Gamebook

Re: J-Mart II: Deathstroke the Terminator

Post by Gamebook »

Deathstroke is always a deadly guy, there's a reason he's not only a major villain but one of DC's biggest characters in his own right.

The current comics Deathstroke is an absolute monster, with a super-soldier serum that makes him pretty much Wolverine, along with a special 'Ikon' suit that gives him all sorts of powers and makes him near invulnerable. He can currently almost go toe-to-toe with Superman, and is a match for Wonder Woman. In one recent Justice League comic he got into a fight with the entire league at once and actually started winning. Slade is one of the few villains in comicdom who hasn't slid into jobberdom. Instead he just gets more and more powerful over time, writers seem to like having him as a badass who can defeat the superheroes. I think this is because for a long time he's been not an antagonist, a villain who appears in the heroes titles to be defeated by them, but is a protagonist in his own right with his own comic titles. We see what Slade gets up to when he isn't fighting the Teen Titans, unlike most other villains who just appear when needed to engage the heroes.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart II: Deathstroke the Terminator

Post by Ares »

Slade being a match for Wonder Woman just reeks of cheese to me. Slade has more or less always been an evil Captain America with a kit built around offense rather than defense. Unless he has Batman like prep-time, he should not be holding his own against Diana, or winning against multiple members of the League. I'm reminded of that scene from Identity Crisis where the League jobbed hard to him, and it looked forced as heck.

There was a better example of this kind of thing in a 90s Deathstroke comic where he wound up taking on Green Lantern, the Flash and Aquaman one after another, and he couldn't beat any of them. He tried a spinning flip kick on Aquaman and bounced off of him. So Slade actually fought like Steve or Bruce and used delaying tactics to escape rather than win.

That works way better than him one v one-ing Diana.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.