Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Princess M'Krell and Singularity from Golden Heroes!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Frankenstein Jr.)

Post by proditor »

Thanks guys! I should be around a bit more often, and hopefully with a slow trickle of sheets as well.

Ares: I was actually talking about the idea of making sure everyone knows that a hero is something (Straight/Gay/Minority, what have you) before telling the story, or just letting the hero be that something and having it come out organically in the tale, and which we think works better. We agree that there is absolutely a time and a place to put that status first. But in general, that's because the story you're trying to tell is linked to that status. So like a story about a man circumnavigating San Francisco in the early 70's as an out and proud gay man, yeah, you probably really need that info and you need it near the beginning of the story.

But superheroes? I think you go back to organic. My reasoning is simple: None of the other stuff "matters". Anyone can be a superhero. You just need two things: Powers (and sometimes not even that), and the will to intervene so that others don't suffer. Should it come out as we find out more about the character and their life? Absolutely! The interactions and relationships help cement the base of the character. Yes, you can make compelling stories that don't feature that, but the characters tend to not stick around. Anyway, I'm rambling.

I agree that FQ handles it so nonchalantly that it makes the book a joy to read.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Frankenstein Jr.)

Post by proditor »

DR. LINDA-KIM CONROY

Dr. Linda-Kim Conroy - PL 4

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 8, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Benefit, Security Clearance 5: Top Secret, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 6, Inventor, Luck (Edit Scene), Luck (Instant Counter), Sidekick, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Science, Skill Mastery: Technology, Well-informed

Skills
Expertise: Current Events 2 (+10), Expertise: History 1 (+9), Expertise: Law Enforcement 2 (+10), Expertise: Politics 1 (+9), Expertise: Science 6 (+14), Insight 3 (+4), Investigation 2 (+10), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion 3 (+4), Technology 6 (+14), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone), Dr. Conroy's Secret Lab, Multi-tool

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 15)

Complications
Enemy: F.E.A.R. The organization will go to some pretty extreme lengths to get her work and cooperation. They've already tried to kidnap her son, and they continue to send brain washed agents after her.

Motivation: Doing Good: Linda absolutely wants to make the world a better place. She makes things that are, or could be weapons, but everything is aimed at the ultimate goal of improving the lives of everyone in the world.

Relationship: Buzz Conroy. Linda is obsessed with her work, but that falls a very distant second to her love for her son.

Relationship: Inter-Nation. Thery provide Linda with funding, security, and facilities to do her work. This support is extremely strong, yet mostly hands off. She is allowed to go where the Science leads.

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fortitude 2, Toughness 1, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 0 + Advantages 23 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 84

-Dr. Linda Kim-Conroy, along with her husband Ted, were part of an international group of scientists working together to try and find a way to end warfare as part of project Zarathustra. A tragic terrorist attack resulted in the death of Ted, and Linda went into seclusion as she tried to find a way to change the world for the better. She left with her son, Buzz, and built a bodyguard in the form of Frankenstein Jr. While Buzz and Frankie went on adventures, Linda continued perfecting a much larger bodyguard for the world in the form of Project Gargantuan. During this time, she butted heads with F.E.A.R. as they tried to coerce her to come over to their side. But Inter-Nation was able to protect her and Buzz with the help of Frankenstein jr., albeit at the cost of Frankie's body.

-Dr. Linda Kim-Conroy is a new character created for Future Quest. Apparently some people see her as a Mary Sue, but seriously, I'm not buying. She's presented as being as competent as Quest and Zin, and that's fine. It's not like she shows up and rides intellectual roughshod over the other two super geniuses, they are a meeting of equals, and honestly, it was pretty awesome. The main issue was apparently that she invented the Spider Sentires, and Zin copied the design In the FQ setting, she's a roboticist, and Zin is a physicist/chemist. So it makes perfect sense that she made the sentires, as that's her thing. Also, Zin's drones are bigger and pack more of a punch, so I'm really not sure what the kerfuffle is about. Anyway, back ot the new character. She's a single mom and super scientist, sort of the mirror image to Quest, as she also has a son, and also has a bodyguard in the form of Frankenstein Jr. I think she's a great addition to the story, and I'm waiting patiently for the Frank family to get their shot in the FQ continuing comics.

-Remember my comments about Zin and Quest? Yeah, they basically apply here as well. Linda is the third of the super scientists in Future Quest, and her impact is felt through her creations and the legacy of Buzz. Linda has access to any ridiculous sort of thing she could want through Inter-Nation, as well as the protection of her A.I. equiipped super robot: Frankenstein Jr.

DR. CONROY'S SECRET LAB

Dr. Conroy's Secret Lab - PL 7

Toughness 14, Size Awesome

Features:
Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Hangar, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 2, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 16 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 26

SPIDER SENTRIES

Spider Sentries - PL 7

Strength 5, Stamina -, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Skills
Perception 8 (+8), Ranged Combat: Blast: Damage 5 6 (+9)

Powers
Armored: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
Blast: Damage 5 (DC 20; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Comm Unit: Radio Area Communication 1 (Area, Subtle: encrypted)
Growth: Growth 3 (+3 STR, +3 Tough, +1 Intimidate, -3 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +3 mass ranks)
Immunity: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Sensory Eye: Senses 6 (Darkvision, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultravision; Limited: Only one vision type at a time.)
Skitter Speed: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +3
Blast: Damage 5, +9 (DC 20)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +3 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 20)

Complications
Disability: The drones have little to no manipulative capabilities.
Monstrous: They look like robot spiders. Ick.

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 7, Will None

Power Points
Abilities -4 + Powers 72 + Advantages 0 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 83

-These are smaller, faster, and armed with a lighter repeating blaster. Overall, Zin's are tougher and slightly more capable. Still, like Zin's, these are sidekicks so they takes some killin'.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Frankenstein Jr. and Dr. Linda Kim-Conroy)

Post by proditor »

I've been taking this week off as I hit my half century mark, and frankly, I decided to be a lazy spud. :)

I should have some more stuff cranking out by mid-week of next week. Keep my place by the fire warm while I'm away.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Frankenstein Jr. and Dr. Linda Kim-Conroy)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

From one Pentagenarian to another, happy birthday! Only 5 more years until that sweet McDonald's discount! 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
proditor

Post by proditor »

BUZZ CONROY

Buzz Conroy - PL 3

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Equipment 1, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck, Luck (Edit Scene), Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+3), Expertise: Science 2 (+10/+6), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+3), Technology 4 (+8)

Powers
Child-size: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size rank; Innate; Permanent)
Robotics prodigy: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Expertise +4 (+10); Limited: Only with Robotics)

Equipment
Cell Phone, Multi-tool

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +1 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Curiousity: Buzz is constantly looking to understand and learn new things. This can get him in way over his head and require his robotic buddy to intervene.

Motivation: Helping Others: Buzz works with his Mom to create a robot to help humanity. He has a deep sense of protecting others.

Relationship: Frankenstein Jr: Todd is devoted to his friend and companion, and relies on him implicitly.

Relationship: Dr. Linda Kim-Conroy: His Mom and Mentor, Buzz is very close to her and works alongside her in the lab.

Relationship: Team Quest: Buzz is fast friends with the Quest brothers, and they remain dedicated to helping one another when needed.

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 2, Toughness 1, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 10 + Advantages 6 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 53

-Buzz is the son of Drs. Linda Kim-Conroy and Dr. Ted Conroy. He was part of the family group that was involved with Project Zarathustra, and grew up alongside the world of science and invention. After his father's tragic death, Buzz's mom sequestered herself and her son in the lab to process their grief and to find a way to help humanity now that the project had collapsed. The time spent on these robotics projects was so involving, that Dr Kim-Conroy built a bodyguard, babysitter, and best friend for Buzz in the form of Frankenstein Jr. And it was a good thing as Buzz's impetuous nature led him into constant adventure and trouble. Time and again, o9ne of their cheif adversaries was F.E.A.R. as they wanted to force Dr. Kim-Conroy to work for them.

-Buzz is an upgraded charater in the Future Quest universe. Admittedly I've only watched a few of the old Frank cartoons, but oh man, Buzz was...well, he was there for Frank to rescue most of the time. In the comic, he is staggeringly capable in his specialized field of Robotics, and no slouch in general science. He's less physical than the other kids, but that makes sense since each kid is basically yhe "lite" version of their parents, and Buzz doesn't have the physical influence that Jonny and Hadji get from their Dad's hertereo life partner Race. Still, being a world class roboticist in training has it's advantages, like being able to operate a gigantic mecha in the form of the upgraded Frankenstein Jr.

-Like all of the other kids, Buzz is built like a junior grade future adventuring super-scientist. And ya know, the concept that this could even be a thing is part of the reason I LOVE this series. Yes, they all have a metric ton of luck, but if you read the comics or watch the old cartoons, it's pretty evident really. Buzz currently isn't much in a fight, and in general, I'd put odds on any of the other kids on settling his hash in short order. But that's not his gig, so I'm actually pleased with the build.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 am From one Pentagenarian to another, happy birthday! Only 5 more years until that sweet McDonald's discount! 8-)
Thanks, very much appreciated! I was more bummed by the medical hallmark of 50.

Colonoscopy.

*shudder*

Okay, on that note, back to the builds hopefully. :D
Egyptoid

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Future Quest - Race Bannon)

Post by Egyptoid »

Skaramine wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:18 pm *gets the popcorn*

Awww yiss!
It's good to be back in superhero games.
Glad to see Skaramine and Proditor still alive.

Proditor: see this - - - SLOTHS http://gameroid.blogspot.com/2013/05/ep ... ngers.html
<<<<< <<<< MARVEL SUPERHEROES :arrow: Thunderfury Comics >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Skaramine

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Buzz Conroy!)

Post by Skaramine »

Heyy! I haven't been here in a while.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Egyptoid

Post by Egyptoid »

Tried to contact Proditor, no joy.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

That's disappointing, but from what I understand he keeps pretty busy. He's apparently still poking his head in every now and then, just doesn't seem to have much posting time these days.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Egyptoid

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Race Bannon & Dr. Quest)

Post by Egyptoid »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm Hadji is so famous that his name is given by American & Canadian forces to enemy units in the Middle East, the way "Charlie" was to North Vietnamese in the '60s :).
Alternatively, it can mean wise man
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajji
proditor

Post by proditor »

LADYBEARD

Ladybeard - PL 8

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 1, Fighting Style: Karate, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Inspire 3, Instant Up, Languages 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Deception 2 (+6), Expertise (PRE): Singer 4 (+8), Expertise (PRE): Wrestler 6 (+10), Expertise: Pop Culture 7 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Sonic Resonance 5 (+9), Sleight of Hand 2 (+6), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Sonic Resonance
. . Deafening Shriek: Cumulative Affliction 7 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Hearing)
. . Subharmonic Overload: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, DC 15; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Perception Area: DC 15 - Hearing, Cumulative)

Equipment
Nunchaku

Offense
Initiative +4
Deafening Shriek: Cumulative Affliction 7, +9 (DC Fort 17)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Nunchaku, +11 (DC 20)
Subharmonic Overload: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 5 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 15)
Throw, +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 18)

Complications
Fame: Richard Magarey, aka: Ladybeard, is a decently well-known professional wrestler and thrash metal singer.
Motivation: Recognition: Ladybeard wants to be world famous and also to be an ambassador for cross-dressers in combat sports and entertainment
Motivation: Thrills: Richard wants to protect others, but since gaining his powers, it's also a rush to take a chance in real combat stopping baddies.
Prejudice: Ladybeard is a crossdressing, muscled Australian who splits his time in Japan and Hong Kong.

Languages
Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 16 + Advantages 19 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 139

So what exactly is going on here? Well, I like music. Pretty much all music, and usually, the more esoteric, the better. I mean, I try not to be a hipster asshole about it, but I did once catch myself saying "They're this little alt rock band from Canada, you probably haven't heard of them" to my wife. She laughed, I was mortified and apologized for being a douche.

ANYWAY...Ladybeard is one Richard Magarey, a martial artist, wrestler, and death metal singer who also discovered that he liked wearing his sister's dresses when he was a teenager. He embraced the myriad aspects of his life and tried to figure out how to make them all work together. He decided that professional wrestling, especially in Asia, would be the way to go. He'd be able to train harder, and also look for work as a Stuntman and movie star. He's doubled a few people, and starred in two kawaii/death metal fusion bands so far. He's an absolute trip, and genuinely seems to be a super nice dude with one hell of a gimmick.

So this was my weird "Huh, it would be interesting if he was like a Daredevil level street hero..." musing. In this version, he gets up-powered in his martial arts, moving to top tier fighter level, and some mysterious accident turns his death metal growls into sonic powers. I just couldn't get the idea out of my head, so here ya go.

His common costume is probably either Sailor Moon or Chun-Li, as long as no one sues him for it. If they do, he'll switch to a generic Lolita style outfit with ruffles and bows, as long as there is somewhere to carry his Nunchaku. The build is fairly balanced, with a slightly higher emphasis on not getting hit. His offense is disorientation based sonics, or laying a serious smackdown on you with hand to hand or Nunchaku.

Oh, and here's my introduction to Ladybeard: https://youtu.be/M8-vje-bq9c
Last edited by proditor on Sun May 03, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Ladybeard!)

Post by Ares »

Proditor, my man! Long time no see! You doing okay?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Heya bossman! Ya, as well as can be expected, thanks.

Last few...months? years? have been a lot busier than expected. I also had my supers group fall apart, and it removed a lot of my mojo.

Right about the same time, I started hanging out with a seedy group of malcontents who got me hooked on...28mm GI Joe Tabletop wargaming.

I know, I'm so ashamed... ;)

The basic facts are accurate though, and boy do I have a lot of 3d printed tanks now! How's by you and yours?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

No worries man, we're all here for fun. I just worry when a regular vanishes for a stretch. Glad to have you back for as long as you're around.

A G.I. Joe tabletop wargame actually sounds like a lot of fun. Heck, I remember an old G.I. Joe board game that was basically that.

I'm doing okay, things are overall remarkably well on my end regarding this whole global crisis, so I can't complain. I'd say overall busy, but productive, and most importantly, healthy.