Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Princess M'Krell and Singularity from Golden Heroes!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (Holy Crap, new stuff - Hawk the Slayer)

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, those effects are so bush-league it's hilarious. They literally just duplicate the "firing" footage so it looks like multiple shots are fired, even though the same motions are replicated everywhere else in the picture! And the "fog of war" simply to cover up the poor fight choreography and how few extras they actually have! My god!
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (Holy Crap, new stuff - Hawk the Slayer)

Post by proditor »

DROGO

"My blood is forever on the move, it needs excitement!"

"I am no messenger. But I will give you a message..a message..of DEATH!!"

Drogo - PL 6
Role: Scenery chewing son of the overlord, Canon fodder, Mini-boss fight
Portrayed by: Shane Briant

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit, Status 3: Son of Voltan, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Equipment 3, Fascinate (Deception)

Skills
Close Combat: Knife 2 (+8), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: Politics 3 (+4), Intimidation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+3), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+5), Sleight of Hand 4 (+5)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Knife, Sword, Whip

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 11)
Knife, +8 (DC 17)
Sword, +6 (DC 19)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 16)
Whip, +6 (DC 16)

Complications
Fame: Well known son of Drogo.

Motivation: Power: Much like his father, Drogo wants all of the power.

Motivation: Recognition: Drogo will go out of his way to gain the recognition he feels he so richly deserves.

Obsession: Drogo must chew the scenery while engaging in ongoing deception at pretty much all times.

Rivalry: Seeks to outdo his father.

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 5, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 0 + Advantages 9 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 59

-Drogo is the adopted son of Voltan, evil overlord and enemy of Hawk the Slayer. He feels that he doesn't get proper recognition for his abilities from his adoptive evil pop, and so launches a scheme to slay Hawk, snag the money, and impress his old man. Along the way he cheerfully murders informants, and chews the scenery all while twirling an imaginary mustache. Then he runs into Hawk and his bunch of murderhobos and dies in like, a second. His role is to be a speed bump for Hawk on his way to the finale. He is a competant warrior with an emphasis on being a sneaky git, but that still means he barely slows down anyone in Hawk's crew.

-Shane Briant played Drogo, and I gotta wonder if the direction for this flick wasn't "Okay, pretend you are the evil version of the sugar plum fairy. Wait, no, that's not it either...here, just do this entire eight ball of coke." Cuz...yeah. Look, here's a greatest hits video for Drogo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuErL7vmwc (Fair warning, someone phone recorded his TV, but still). Shane has been in like, everything ever made in England, and has been steadily acting since 1971.
scc

Post by scc »

Amazing battle scene. That one guy is better than the Green Arrow. :P
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Jesus Christ- Jack Palance's sword BENDS when it touches that guy at 1:48!! These effects!! I'm dying :)!
Emerald_Flame300

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

<sits... drooling....>

Err....

Wow... I remember watching that. I always thought it was done to be tongue-in-cheek. Only now do I see that they actually took themselves seriously.
proditor

Post by proditor »

You all ain't seen nothin' yet... ;)
proditor

Post by proditor »

SPED THE HUNCHBACK

"Welcome! Welcome friends! Welcome, good to see you! I have many fine slaves for you to buy today."

"Play square with me, and I'll play square with you, that's what I say."

Sped the Hunchback - PL 7
Role: Minor boss fight, Slovenly Villain, The most glorious bastard in Fantasy films.
Portrayed by: Declan Mulholland

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Equipment 2, Improved Smash, Startle

Skills
Close Combat: Warhammer 1 (+7), Expertise: Slaver 5 (+5), Insight 3 (+3), Intimidation 4 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+5)

Powers
Slabs of "Muscle": Density Growth 1 (+1 STR, +1 STA, +1 mass rank; Density, Innate)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Warhammer

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +0 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)
Warhammer, +7 (DC 22)

Complications
Disability: The Hunchback is very heavy, and has a hunchback. This results in him having difficulties with normal things others take for granted.

Disability: Blinded on his right side - Sped is missing his right eye and wears a patch to cover it. (-2 to depth perception, or checks involving his right side)

Fame: The Hunchback is a well known slaver.

Motivation: Greed: All he wants is the money baby.

Temper: Sped has a bad temper and this can lead to rash actions. Like maybe yelling when your teeth are the only thing holding your club from crushing your head.

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 7, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 3 + Advantages 6 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 49

-Sped the Hunchback is THE slaver on the river skell. Well known for his viciousness and fierce ability in battle, none dare cross him and most stay well clear to avoid becoming part of his wares. But Hawk the Slayer and his band of murderhobos are not most. They are heroes, and when they encounter Sped, they disable his slaver ring, and take his money so that it can be used to ransom the Abbess that has been kidnapped by the evil overlord, Zoltan.

-The Hunchback is a capable fighter, he just gets over-matched MASSIVELY by Hawk and the murderhobos. His guards are annihilated by the fully automatic bow and crossbow action, and by the time he turns around, there's a sword at his gullet. He's tough, can take a hit or two, and might last a little while against the lower-tier fighters, but against the full force of Hawk's band, it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to lose. Badly.

-Ho. Ly. Shit. Okay, let's get right to the video on this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9e_TXiAb5I Now that is straight up glorious. The actor playing Sped is Declan Mulholland, and he has sadly passed. He acted from 1962, right up to the end of his life, with his last credit in 1997. He was in Time bandits, Doctor Who, and The Land That Time Forgot. He was also the original Jabba the Hutt. Bam. Mic drop.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Holy crap, I found a behind the scenes special for Hawk the Slayer. 9 minutes of awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23Ur8-FTKU
proditor

Post by proditor »

RANULF

"What manner of man are you?"

"Will of God?! I know this man, I've seen what he can do, he'll take great pleasure in your ladies' death!"

Ranulf - PL 5
Role: The everyman, Machine-gun toting crossbowman
Portrayed by: William Morgan Sheppard

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Equipment 3, Improved Critical: Fully Automatic Crossbow: Damage 3, Teamwork

Skills
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+4), Expertise: Military 4 (+4), Expertise: Politics 4 (+4), Insight 2 (+2), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Fully Automatic Crossbow: Damage 3 4 (+6)

Powers
Fully Automatic Crossbow: Damage 3 (Removable, DC 18, Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Fully Automatic Crossbow [Fully Automatic Crossbow: Damage 3, Removable, DC 18, Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack]

Offense
Initiative +2
Fully Automatic Crossbow: Damage 3, +6 (DC 18)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 17)

Complications
Disability: Ranulf only has one hand.

Motivation: Justice: Ranulf believes in protecting those weaker than himself.

Motivation: Responsibility: Surviving the destruction of his own town has charged Ranulf to make sure that doesn't happen to anyone else.

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 0 + Advantages 4 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 50

-Ranulf is the survivor of a raid by the evil overlord Voltan. his village is destroyed, and he is saved by a group of nuns in a local convent, but at the cost of losing his hand. When Voltan arrives at the convent, he kidnaps the Abbess and demands a huge ransom. Ranulf goes out to seek the hero of legend, Hawk, and persuades him to save the Abbess and stop Voltan. Along the way, he battles valiantly alongside the other murderhobos, until he is struck down while trying to get to the Abbess in the final battle against Voltan and the forces of evil.

-Ranulf is really just an elite fantasy soldier with one hell of a gimmick. His repeating machingun crossbow is amazingly effective, but it also could be used by anyone who knows how to use a crossbow really. I wrote it up as equipment bought as a device, as again, there is nothing magic or truly unique about it. He could theoretically make or get another one if his current one was destroyed. Oh right, obligatory movie clilps for this ongoing monstrosity. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUWJ6tXwY6w

-William Morgan Sheppard has been acting since 1961 and on IMDB he has over 180 acting credits to his name, and as recently as this year. He was an Associate Artist with the Royal Shakespeare Company for 12 years. Digest that for a minute, and we'll move on. He's been in movies like Mysterious Island and Star Trek, and on TV shows like Doctor Who, Mad Men, Dexter, Seaquest 2032, Babylon 5, Legend of the Seeker, and all of this doesn't count his voice work as Dum Dum Dugan in the Iron Man cartoon, or his multiple characters from Gargoyles and Biker Mice from Mars. He's been a solid character actor for the last sixty odd years, and shows no signs of slowing down yet.
proditor

Post by proditor »

BALDIN OF THE IRON HILLS

"Here I am about to roast, and I sit upon enough water to put the very fires of Hell."

"I am sorry not to be with you for the final fight. I die as I wanted, among my friends."

Baldin of the Iron Hills - PL 7
Role: The rogue, Sarcastic realist
Portrayed by: Peter O'Farrell

Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 2, Improved Critical: Whip, Luck, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+6), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 2 (+4), Stealth 2 (+6)

Powers
Shrinking: Shrinking 2 (-1 Intimidate, +2 Stealth, +1 active defenses), Innate, Permanent

Equipment
Club, Leather Armor, Whip

Offense
Initiative +2
Club, +7 (DC 18)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)
Whip, +7 (DC 16)

Complications
Disability: Baldin is a dwarf and requires specialized equipment and facilities.

Motivation: Greed: Baldin is in it mostly for the money. It can get him in trouble.

Prejudice: Baldin is discriminated against as the last of the dwarves. He is either regarded poorly, or tied to a raft as a sacrifice.

Relationship: Baldin will come at Hawk's call at a moment's notice.

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/3, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 5 + Advantages 7 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 80

-Baldin is one of the last Dwarves of the Iron Hills. An adventurer who is quick of eye and wit, he starts the movie about to be sacrificed to some unnamed god by a bunch of chanting acolytes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9XdsQbna4). He is rescued and joins Hawk in his quest to stop Voltan. Along the way, he contributes mightily to the band of murderhobos as they battle against Sped and Drogo. He meets his end while a captive of Voltan, but in the process, he manages to set the escape of the heroes in motion so that they are finally able to confront and defeat Voltan.

-Baldin is a lower tier hero with a lot of versatility. He employs either a whip of a Mace, depending on the range of combat. He is shown to be equally adept with either, and only the multiattack of the bowmen is able to convincing outscore his capabilities. He doesn't mow through minions like the Giant and Hawk, but he is a very capable fighter.

-Peter O'Farrell has a lot of the bit parts you'd unfortunately expect for a little person. He's been in some decently big movies though, including Legend, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Santa Claus the Movie. Not a lot of detail unfortunately, and while the movie is arguably a giant steaming pile, you really can see most of the British actors giving it their all. It's vaguely reminiscent of Flash Gordon in that respect.
proditor

Post by proditor »

GORT THE GIANT

"Consider this the luckiest day of your life toad."

"Since last I fought by your side, time has hung heavy. And it's not the only thing that hangs heavy" *jostles stomach* "I yearn for the old days. I'm with you."

Gort the Giant - PL 9
Role: The unstoppable bulwark, Sentimental softie
Portrayed by: Bernard Bresslaw

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Equipment 1, Improved Smash, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 2 (+7), Expertise: Military 4 (+4), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 3 (+3), Technology 4 (+4)

Powers
Steel Breastplate: Protection 4 (Removable, +4 Toughness)
Gigantic: Growth 1 (+1 STR, +1 STA, -1 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +1 mass rank; Innate; Permanent)
Maul: Strength-based Damage 4 (Easily Removable, DC 24)

Equipment
Breastplate [Steel Breastplate: Protection 4, Removable, +4 Toughness], Maul [Maul: Strength-based Damage 4, Easily Removable, DC 24]

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Maul: Strength-based Damage 4, +8 (DC 24)
Throw, +0 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 20)

Complications
Disability: Gort is huge and requires specialized clothing and equipment.

Motivation: Greed: Gort has a big heart, but he also has a big stomach that requires a lot of food, and that means he needs some cash to pay for it.

Relationship: Gort will always stand by his friend Hawk.

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 9, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 3 + Advantages 6 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 67

-Gort is the last of the Giants. He has adventured with Hawk in the past, and when called upon again to help him against Voltan, Gort readily agrees. Joining with the rest of the murderhobos, Gort provides a solid melee backup to Hawk and basically tanks for his group as they advance to the final boss fight. In fact, he tanks so well, they have to undermine him with a hostage situation to keep him occupied as they take out some of the other murderhobos and try to kill Hawk. But he gets freed when Hawk distracts Voltan with a dagger/cross, and then cleans up the trash mobs as Hawk solos the boss. While Baldin wasn't able to keep playing, and Ranulf ragequit in the final fight, Gort and Hawk decide to go off in search of another raid.

-In terms of Combat, Gort is the second most capable fighter in the murderhobos. He is reasonable accurate, and hits harder than anyone else. He can also soak damage like a sponge. He has a high parry, but can't dodge all that well. That said, boy is he tough! Adding in the breastplate takes him to superhuman levels of resistance, and keeps him in the fight.

-Our lovable Giant is played by Bernard Bresslaw, who we'll be seeing again in our next conversion (hint, hint). He sadly passed in 1993 at the age of only 59. He was a damn near real life Giant at 6' 7". He had a very long and prestigious career including a turn as the Doctor Who villain Varga, multiple appearances in the "Carry on" series of movies and TV shows, as well as a lot of stage work. He was a Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts Scholar, and a dedicated actor who went so far as to learn several phrases in Swahili for a passing bit in a movie. He was also a poet, privately publishing his own work as "Ode to the Dead Sea Scrolls".
proditor

Post by proditor »

CROW

Nun: "You should have given him the gold. He would have returned the abbess, and left us to live in peace."
Crow: "The peace of the dead."

*THWACKA* *THWACKA* *THWACKA* *THWACKA* *THWACKA* (Crow firing his bow)

"We have sat waiting, like this, many times before. Sometimes I tire of the fighting, and the killing. At night, I can hear the call of my race. They wait for me. Once I join them, we will be forgotten."

Crow the Elf - PL 7
Role: The emotionless Spock/Elf, Machine-gun super archer, Mary Sue's older brother
Portrayed by: Ray Charleson

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3: Bow, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 2 (+3), Expertise: Archery 4 (+6), Expertise: History 4 (+6), Insight 1 (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Bow 4 (+9), Stealth 2 (+6)

Powers
Rapid Fire Super Bowman (Advantages: Improved Disarm, Power Attack; Multiattack, Penetrating 3; Limited: Bows Only)

Equipment
Bow, Leather Armor

Offense
Initiative +8
Bow, +10 (DC 18)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +6 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)

Complications
Prejudice: Crow is not treated well as one of the last elves in the land of the humans.

Quirk: Crow has an odd, stilted style of speaking that can be grating and make you want to punch him in the face.

Relationship: Crow will come at Hawk's call in a moment.

Rivalry: While not overly prideful, Crow will seek to outshine archers that try to step to him.

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5/2, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 6 + Advantages 17 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 95

-Crow is the last of the Elves. (Anyone else noticing a theme here?) He has adventured with Hawk in the past, and when called upon again to help him against Voltan, he readily agrees. Hawk finds Crow in the middle of an archery contest, and ensures that it is kept fair so that Crow can win the contest, and then murder the idiot who thought he was better than an elf at being an archer-murderhobo. At every step of the way, Crow is the heavy artillery. He cuts down minions non-stop, in every single encounter. In the final boss fight, he gets wounded, but is clearly seen in the nun's care as Hawk and Gort ride out for more adventure at the end of the movie.

-Crow is a minion death machine. The only person who comes close to his body count in the movie is Ranulf with his fully automatic crossbow, and Crow is far more versatile than the one handed human warrior. He is the most accurate (alongside Hawk, specifically using his magic beat stick) and his rate of fire defies comprehension. Add in all of his advantages, and he is a one man murder army.

-There's not a lot of info about Ray Charleson out there. He's been in a ton of things, but all of them as supporting or minor roles. He's been in United 93, Empire of the Sun, and the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but really, that's about all I can tell you about him. It looks like he was working the convention circuit for a while when they were trying to raise money to Hawk the Slayer 2. Yes, that was a thing, and we are sadder that it did not happen.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Seven minutes of Crow killing everyone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3JEXOWNZY

I dare you not to laugh at the Jet Li moment at roughly 5:00.
proditor

Post by proditor »

SORCERESS

"With the help of my powers, I will conjure you to where each man is, and if he is willing, he will return here with you."

Sorceress - PL 5
Role: The Deus Ex Machina, Walking Plot Device
Portrayed by: Patricia Quinn

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 0, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Artificer, Ritualist, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+7), Expertise: History 4 (+7), Expertise: Magic 6 (+9), Insight 1 (+5), Investigation 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Magical Spells 5 (+6)

Powers
Magical Spells
. . Arctic Ping-Pong Gale
. . . . Air Blast: Damage 5 (Linked; air pressure, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Blinding Gusts: Shapeable Area Affliction 4 (Linked; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 14; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Shapeable Area 2: 60 cft., DC 14, Triggered: 1 use - Only functions after the Blast; Limited: Vision)
. . Concealing Mist: Environment 6 (Visibility (-2), Radius: 900 feet)
. . Mystic Passage: Teleport 10 (Carry 50 lbs.; Extended: 1000 miles in 2 move actions, Portal; Limited: Portal can only be used by target to return to the sorceress, Limited Location: set of loctions - Only to where subject can visualize, Limited to Extended, Transit Time 4: 30 seconds)
. . Witch Sight: Remote Sensing 15 (Affects: Visual Senses - Visual, Range: 120 miles; Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Extended Searches)

Offense
Initiative +1
Air Blast: Damage 5, +6 (DC 20)
Blinding Gusts: Shapeable Area Affliction 4 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 14)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +1 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Doing Good: The Sorceress seeks to motivate others as well, and provides support for the heroes she enables.

Prejudice: She's a witch! Probably weighs about the same as a duck.

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 2, Toughness 1, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 22 + Advantages 3 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 74

-The sorceress is a plot device with legs. She exists to allow Hawk to gather the murderhobos, and to make some of their missions a little easier. That's really about it. She helps them when they attack Voltan's forces both times, and then sort of disappears. She's not in the final battle at all. I guess she cast her Arctic Ping-Pong Gale spell and then said "And I am OUTTA HERE!"

-Patricia Quinn. So in the interview thing I posted earlier, Patricia states that she was originally credited as "Woman", but was now "Young Woman" since they cast the evil sorceress as "Old Woman". Ah the casual disregard of the 80's. Anyway, Patricia was in the original cast for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" as Magenta, she was in the sequel "Shock Treatment", and has had a steady career in horror and sci-fi B movies and TV. Obviously Hawk must be considered the Apex of her career. I kid, I kid.
proditor

Post by proditor »

HAWK THE SLAYER

"The shortest route my friend is often the most dangerous."

"Beyond those gates shall be as dark as night, but the Mind Sword shall light our way."

Hawk the Slayer - PL 9
Role: Super-warrior, The Good brother
Portrayed by: John Terry

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Benefit, Status 4: Prince in self-imposed exile, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat: Mind Sword 1 (+10), Deception 1 (+4), Expertise: Military 2 (+4), Expertise: Politics 4 (+6), Expertise: Popular Culture 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Stealth 2 (+4)

Powers
Mind Sword (Removable (indestructible))
. . Shed Light: Environment 1 (Light, Radius: 30 feet)
. . Sword Blade: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 23; Dangerous 2, Penetrating 8, Personal, Reach (melee) 6: 30 ft., Notes: The sword may be thrown, and it will return to Hawk's hand via the power of the Mind Gem.)
Missile Reflection: Deflect 10 (Alternate; Redirection, Reflect; Reduced Range: close; Limit: Thrown Weapons/Arrows only)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Knife

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 13)
Knife, +9 (DC 19)
Sword Blade: Strength-based Damage 5, +10 (DC 23)
Throw, +7 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 18)

Complications
Enemy: Voltan. His brother and arch-enemy!

Fame: Hawk is a known hero and good-doer.

Honor: Hawk has a strong code of personal honor

Motivation: Doing Good: Hawk is motivated by helping others.

Relationship: Hawk has many friends, and he will go out of his way to help them.

Secret: He's the secret prince!

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 9, Fortitude 5, Toughness 7/3, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 29 + Advantages 26 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 133

-Hawk is our story's hero. A young prince that was set to be married to his true love, he was betrayed by his brother Voltan, who wounded Hawk, and killed his true love. Hawk raced back to seek out revenge, but his brother had not been idel. Voltan had killed their father, and run off into the night. Hawk was gifted with the mind stone, which was bonded to a special blade, creating the Mind Sword. Presumably he also got the kingdom, but he ran off doing adventuring stuff for the next few years, meeting and teaming with his band of murderhobos. They reunited when Ranulf was rescued by Hawk, and the group confronted Voltan to free the abbess he had kidnapped. They clashed with Voltan repeatedly, until the in the final fight, Hawk used the magic of the Mind Sword to make sure he could fight Voltan on equal footing. Defeating his brother and freeing the abbess, he rode off into the sunset to seek new adventure with Gort.

-Hawk is our hero, and his sheet reflects that. He can slaughter minions like no one's business, alter his caps, has the highest accuracy and second highest damage in the group, and is the second toughest as well. On offense or defense, he's a terror in this setting, and no one, not even his brother, the main bad guy, is really a match for him. I mean, watch this final fight. Does this look even close to you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWuaFbbENJg

-John Terry has had a long and pretty successful B level career. I mean, that's Jack's father from fucking Lost folks. He's been on Trauma, Into the West, Las Vegas, 24, and ER. Oh, but no movie credits, right? Wrong. He was in "Full Metal Jacket" and played Felix fucking Leiter in "The Living Daylights". Sorry for all the cursing, but I'm honestly just stunned that a guy who was so bad as Hawk went on to a pretty solid career, and turned into a decent actor. I've seen him in most of those roles and I had NO IDEA he was Hawk.
Last edited by proditor on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proditor

Post by proditor »

And we're done! I have two more movies on tap, but I'll take a quick poll to see which people want more. If no one responds, it's dealer's choice.

Movie choices:

Krull
The Keep

I am currently leaning towards the latter.