WAIFU WARZ - MISC. BUILDS - THE INCREADIBLE (NON)SHRINKING MAN

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
squirrelly-sama

Re: WAIFU WARZ - ANIME TEMPLATES - Mecha Pilot Ready To Launch!

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:04 am Yep- largely agreed. Even in the very early days (how long have you been playing, btw? Were you on the old forums?), I noticed Dex & Pre were highly weak Abilities, and you were far better off just buying the components. I only used Presence because I didn’t feel I needed to stick to keeping them cheap on points on a PC-level, and because of the aforementioned “look at them at a glance” you mentioned. If you look at a Captain America or Batman build and see low Presence, you’ll think something is off.

But I was once famous in my thread for a hatred of Dexterity in particular:).
COMRADE!

I've been playing with the system since the old site but only joined just before the archive closed, I think a few months at most so I didn't have too many posts before it moved to a new place.

Unfortunately I happen to stick to the pp limits, even if I may stretch them a bit I stay within the general limits you normally find in starting PCs. There's a few reasons for this, one is that I do want to make PC builds that can be used as is in a normal campaign, another is that to me it feels like removing PP limits makes it too easy to break the game even unintentionally with the amount of options and how high you push skills or other attributes, it is also something I wouldn't personally allow in anything other than a 1 or 2 shot since it basically removes a major means of showing character progress as the character will likely have everything they'll reasonably be able to do already built in and nothing to improve on over time.

Though probably the biggest reason is... I just like the challenge of it. There's a sort of satisfaction to be gotten in finding a way to shape the character you want despite this limiting factor and seeing how trying to get around this shapes things. Like how censorship turned calling one character a mother fucker into a giant musical number going into explicit detail about how one of the character screws their uncle in the south park movie I think the limit does wonders for creativity.
RainOnTheSun

Re: WAIFU WARZ - Thoughts on The System - Abilities

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Oh boy oh boy, my favorite thing to complain about
squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 am The core idea of them is to exist as a prepackaged list of traits, a 1-1 purchase with them occasionally being used purely for checks but where buying the component parts would lead to an advantage in the rare tied opposed check.
For me, this is hands-down the weakest part of Mutants and Masterminds. There are other little things I disagree with, where I'd charge more or less for a trait or power, but the way abilities and skills overlap is the big one. Is Presence overpriced because you can buy everything it does with three skills, or are the three Presence skills underpriced because they can do everything an attribute can do? If there's ever a 4th edition of Mutants and Masterminds, I really hope they make some changes here. Too many skills are easily made redundant, and that also devalues the abilities they're attached to.

(I really want to bring Backgrounds from 13th Age into Mutants and Masterminds, to make skills more flexible and useful. One day I'll playtest that.)
squirrelly-sama

Re: WAIFU WARZ - Thoughts on The System - Abilities

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:17 pm Oh boy oh boy, my favorite thing to complain about
squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 am The core idea of them is to exist as a prepackaged list of traits, a 1-1 purchase with them occasionally being used purely for checks but where buying the component parts would lead to an advantage in the rare tied opposed check.
For me, this is hands-down the weakest part of Mutants and Masterminds. There are other little things I disagree with, where I'd charge more or less for a trait or power, but the way abilities and skills overlap is the big one. Is Presence overpriced because you can buy everything it does with three skills, or are the three Presence skills underpriced because they can do everything an attribute can do? If there's ever a 4th edition of Mutants and Masterminds, I really hope they make some changes here. Too many skills are easily made redundant, and that also devalues the abilities they're attached to.

(I really want to bring Backgrounds from 13th Age into Mutants and Masterminds, to make skills more flexible and useful. One day I'll playtest that.)
That's just a conceptual side effect and probably can't be removed without fundamentally changing how the system is designed. The game is point buy, effect based, and made to cover just about anything and so has few specific rules. Divorcing Abilities from skills or effects basically makes them entirely worthless, giving them more stuff makes it so people likely won't purchase parts over just the abilities to over the component parts making it so that these components may just get ignored (like, what is the point of X being separate if everyone only ever buys it as part of Y?").

Probably the best way to handle it would be to cut down a couple Abilities and rearrange the skills then make sure they're all treated equally.

Strength, Stamina, Fighting, Finesse (Agility and Dex), Mind (Int and Awareness skills), and Presence (Pre skills and Will).
In this case, Fort and Will are changed to Skills, Athletics is moved to Stamina, There is no distinction between ranged and melee Defense or attack so Fighting covers both at 1 pp for both (defense and Attack). mind covers Insight, Perception, and new skills Ingenuity and Knowledge which cover creativity, problem solving, and general knowledge/memory. Pre covers the normal skills it does with perhaps some rearanging of things they can do to make them all distinct such Diplomacy on Persuasion to allow one to sort of entrance/compel with that skill similar to intimidation own demoralize. And all of them should probably be allowed to be used for AEs.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Putting every type of expertise into a single Knowledge skill feels like a really drastic step, and from an emotional (game feel?) standpoint I don't like it at all... but if every expertise skill is part of a mental ability score, then that's what you have to do, and probably what M&M 3e should have done from the beginning. I like the idea of skills that can be applied to any ability check better, but this looks like a system that would work just fine. You should try it out if you get a chance and see what your players think.
squirrelly-sama

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 am Putting every type of expertise into a single Knowledge skill feels like a really drastic step, and from an emotional (game feel?) standpoint I don't like it at all... but if every expertise skill is part of a mental ability score, then that's what you have to do, and probably what M&M 3e should have done from the beginning. I like the idea of skills that can be applied to any ability check better, but this looks like a system that would work just fine. You should try it out if you get a chance and see what your players think.
The thing is that Knowledge is basically just renamed Expertise, only it's not locked behind investment. Remember Expertise is Intellect based and defaults to being 1/4 of Intellect's 2pp per rank investment. If you had Eideditc memory you not only had the ability to use pretty much any expertise you got almost always got +5 on it too. But in the system I'm theory crafting Knowledge is basically just trivial general knowledge, your ability to recall and recite information. With circumstance bonuses and penalties based on how likely the character is to have learned about a given subject. Actual expertises would be functionally different, taking the place of Treatment, Technology, Investigation, and other subjects that would have more "meat" to them, like actual skill in execution or checks other than "can you recite this from memory?", rather than default skills these are custom ones you make along with basic checks it'd cover and perhaps feats if the GM allows them. It has the bonus of no longer needed to double up on adding "experience: job related to primary skill" like Doctor, Detective, or Scientist.

And the issue with swapping out ability bonuses for skills is that due to how builds are made in MnM it force investment in abilities the character won't use except for that particular expertise or skill check or else you wind up with very wonky checks. For example a doctor with Treatment/expertise doctor with an Int score of say 8 has a skill bonus of 2 but since he's doing surgery his bonus to the check is 4 because he didn't invest in dex and if he wants to be able to perform surgery at a level befitting the character he now has a medical knowledge bonus of 16 which would be ludicrous. Tying a skills to a single ability streamlined and simplified the process to prevent either unneeded forced investment and the complications that would arise otherwise.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:46 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:04 am Yep- largely agreed. Even in the very early days (how long have you been playing, btw? Were you on the old forums?), I noticed Dex & Pre were highly weak Abilities, and you were far better off just buying the components. I only used Presence because I didn’t feel I needed to stick to keeping them cheap on points on a PC-level, and because of the aforementioned “look at them at a glance” you mentioned. If you look at a Captain America or Batman build and see low Presence, you’ll think something is off.

COMRADE!

I've been playing with the system since the old site but only joined just before the archive closed, I think a few months at most so I didn't have too many posts before it moved to a new place.
Haha, wow, you go WAY back, then. You seemed new to Ronin Army, but your knowledge of the system made me think you couldn't be a newcomer to it. Did you ever read my Design Diaries? I go into a lot of the stuff you have, particularly themed around superhero books.
squirrelly-sama

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 am
squirrelly-sama wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:46 am

COMRADE!

Haha, wow, you go WAY back, then. You seemed new to Ronin Army, but your knowledge of the system made me think you couldn't be a newcomer to it. Did you ever read my Design Diaries? I go into a lot of the stuff you have, particularly themed around superhero books.
I think I had looked into them a bit a while back but I can't recall for sure if I did. I recall learning about the system years ago and started designing, finding that far more appealing than the actual play. I came up with a few ideas and had a few questions I posted on the old site, no builds though since I wasn't confident in them yet as it took me embarrassingly long to really get a good grasp on the system (I actually misunderstood how damage worked for the longest time). I built up a repository of builds of varying quality over the years, on and off again as the system gained and lost my interest. Then my computer killed itself earlier this year so I started posting this online after building some new things because literally everything I made prior was 100% gone with no hope of recovery. There's an acute sort of loss when the results hundreds of hours of work and thousands of hours of thought and consideration are wiped from existence in literally less time than it takes to microwave a hotpocket. I had a several hundred page document going into details about a setting I had hoped to eventually play in with a couple dozen empowered NPCs that was basically a multiverse that suffered an Infinity Wars style disaster but didn't get hit with the reset button so all worlds are now mashed into a single ever changing plane of existence in an infinitely deep city, only with Magical girls and anime style characters over western comics style. I still remember a lot of it but it was filled with details and stuff over the course of years and I can't recall it all (one of the reasons I wrote it down in the first place).
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - Overwatch - Calamity Ashe (PL8)

"My business my rules. I'm the one calling the shots here!"

Elizabeth "Calamity" Ashe - PL 8
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6" | Weight: 142lbs | Hair: White | Eyes: Red
Role: The Gunslinger, Bad Girl, The Girl Ya Don't Take Home To Mom, The Outlaw, Villainous Reflection (McCree)

Waifu Stats
Division - Light Weight
Series - Overwatch
Focus - Mid-Long Rage Damage, Area Control, Minion User
Waifu Typing - Femme fatal, Noble Rose, Lady of War, Madame

Strength 2/0, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 4/2

Advantages
Benefit, Status: Gang Leader, Defensive Roll 4, Dual Wielding, Equipment: Motorcycle 2, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2: Firearms, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon 3, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Sidekick 24, Skill Mastery: Ranged Combat: Fire Arms, Tactical Maneuvering, Trick Shot: Precise on Firearm attacks

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Insight 2 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Fire Arms 2 (+6)

Powers
Call Bob: Feature 1 (Notes: Spend Hero Point to Instantly call BOB to location)

Fluff
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 24 (Traits: Close Combat +6 (+8), Expertise +6 (+8), Strength +2 (+2), Presence +2 (+4), Advantages: Benefit, Status: Gang Leader, Equipment: Motorcycle 2, Improvised Weapon 3, Leadership, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery, Tactical Maneuvering)
. . Sucker Punch: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Improved Critical, Penetrating 4; Limited: Surprise Attacks)

Guns (Easily Removable)
. . Back Blast: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Coach Gun (Stun): Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Alternate Resistance: Toughness, Extra Condition, Feature 2: Noisy Cricket: Controled Self Knockback and visually non-threatening, Increased Range: ranged, Triggered: 1 use - Manual; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . . . Coach Gun (Disrupt): Nullify 6 (Alternate; Counters: Effects That Can Be Nullified By Damage, DC 16; Broad, Simultaneous; Uncontrolled)
. . . . Coach Gun (Knockback): Move Object 6 (Alternate; 3200 lbs., Advantages: Improved Disarm; Feature 2: Noisy Cricket)
. . The Viper: Damage 6 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Aim, Power Attack; Increased Range: ranged)
Dynamite (Alternate Device; Removable)
. . Dynamite: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Custom: Heavy Damage: Deals extra bruises, Increased Range: ranged, Secondary Effect, Triggered: 1 use - Fuse; Limited: Can Self Damage if in AOE, Unreliable (5 uses))

Offense
Initiative +8
Coach Gun (Disrupt): Nullify 6, +10 (DC Will 16)
Coach Gun (Knockback): Move Object 6, +10 (DC 16)
Coach Gun (Stun): Affliction 6, +10 (DC 16)
Damage: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Sucker Punch: Strength-based Damage 2, +2 (DC 19)
The Viper: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Throw, +8 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Complications
Honor - Family: Ashe grew up in a life of privilege but was plagued by the loneliness that came from parental neglect. To her a family is always there for you, always supports you, always protects you, and will not accept anyone or anything that betrays those simple rules.
Motivation: Greed: Ashe is a criminal mastermind and gang leader who enjoys her life of crime, she especially enjoys and is quite good at robbing banks and trains.
Relationship - BOB: Ashe's Omnic butler, she has known him since childhood and was the only constant in her life. She values him incredibly.
Relationship - McCree: A former partner and one of the founders of her gang. Ashe does not quite forgive him for leaving the gang and the two tend to bicker and fight when together. While they never dated they act like bitter exes. Ashe keeps a picture of McCree... on a dartboard in her hideout.
Responsibility - Deadlock Gang: Ashe's self-made family. Ashe will do everything she can to protect them and lead them all to glory.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 52 + Advantages 37 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

--------------------

B.O.B. - PL 8

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Improvise Weapon, Improved Initiative

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+6), Expertise: Butler 4 (+6), Insight 2 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 4 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+4)

Powers
Gattling Arms: Damage 6 (DC 21; Accurate 4: +8, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack; Diminished Range)
Growth: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size rank, +6 mass ranks)
Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
Omnic: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Biological and Physiological Effects)
Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [8 extra ranks])

Offense
Initiative +4
Gattling Arms: Damage 6, +8 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Complications
Disability - Mute: BOB does not speak.
Prejudice - Omnic: BOB is an Omnic and will have to deal with those hateful or fearful of his artificial nature.
Responsibility - Butler: BOB is butler to Ashe, following her even after she left her family behind.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 72 + Advantages 3 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 120
-------------------
Notes:
"Ashe quickly fires her rifle from the hip or uses her weapon’s aim-down sights to line up a high damage shot at the cost of fire-rate. She blasts enemies by throwing dynamite, and her coach gun packs enough punch to put some distance between her and her foes, or gain some air to leap to hard to reach places or for an aerial shot. And Ashe is not alone, as she can call on her omnic ally B.O.B. to join the fray when the need arises."

Born to a wealthy family in the midwest Ashe grew up with every advantage in life. However she was completely ignored by her parents, left only in the care of her Omnic butler BOB. With so little social interaction, as she had no friends outside of BOB, Ashe had a troubled childhood. She got into fights, started trouble, and commited small crimes. During this time she developed an interest in firearms, practicing on her Family's range eventually earning increadible skill with all manner of ranged weapons from guns to sling-shots. In her teens she was incarcerated for a time but while there met Jesse McCree and the two quickly became partners in crime and eventually founded the Deadlock Gang. Ashe quickly discovered she had an amazing talent in crime, and grew to enjoy the thrill of it all. Over time Ashe set up a criminal empire, convincing the other major gangs to work together and ally themselves to become even greater. Eventually though McCree was captured by Overwatch and eventually joined them.

Haven't played the game, even though I do have it for console. But man, I just love Ashe's design. Mmm, there's just something about western cloths that just looks so classy but badass. And the white hair, gotta love white hair. She has some really good art for her too, personally I enjoy the 2D official art more than her 3D model it seems to fit her aesthetic better. Though young Ashe is criminally adorable.

In terms of mechanics Ashe is a strong ranged figher, her Dual Weilding lets her combine her Coach Gun's attack with her other Viper attack as needed. She has a powerful attack in her Dynamite, probably to the point of being a bit game breaking if not given a limit on how many times it can be used (a limit not in overwatch), it's a strong explosive that deals a lot of damage (more bruises due to the custom extra) and deals secondary damage due to lighting the victims on fire as well. Ashe has has her battle butler as well, Bob is a useful sidekick in battle and also functions as a serviceable butler to help Ashe in daily life as well. Ashe has a 1pp feature to spend an HP to summon him from elsewhere as needed.
Last edited by squirrelly-sama on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: WAIFU WARZ - OVERWATCH - Clamity Ashe Steals The Show

Post by Jabroniville »

oh wow, sorry you went through all that data loss. I myself had a hard drive wipe this September, but I'm thankfully fairly diligent in dumping all my writing into e-mails (and discovered Google Drive after a computer guy told me "your hard drive's on its way out" after an unrelated issue brought me to the shop). In Jan. 2017, I had a MAJOR scare as tons of reviews and things I'd written were in danger of being erased after another computer-disaster (is it me, or are computers WAY worse for that now than they used to be?), and that kind of forced me to be more careful about the stuff I was writing that couldn't be replaced.
squirrelly-sama

A fanmade Ashe themesong made by Ozzaworld, who does a lot of creative covers of songs for videogames. It's the reason that I made this build in the first place.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ah, so that's how Ashe stats out. Given I didn't want to stat her yet, this will give me something to look at later :). I'll probably stat up my own version, then check yours to see if I missed anything, lol.

She really does have a neat design. I've noticed the "2D Art" thing you have with almost ALL of the Overwatch characters- the problem is, 3D art just isn't as good as 2D stuff is in picture form. It's easier to animate than Traditional Animation, but almost every character in everything works best in a 2D format. You can get away with more style, better lighting, and better colors. The composition is almost always better, too.

Apparently the character's design is taken a bit from ANOTHER character named Ashe, from some other game.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:37 am Ah, so that's how Ashe stats out. Given I didn't want to stat her yet, this will give me something to look at later :). I'll probably stat up my own version, then check yours to see if I missed anything, lol.

She really does have a neat design. I've noticed the "2D Art" thing you have with almost ALL of the Overwatch characters- the problem is, 3D art just isn't as good as 2D stuff is in picture form. It's easier to animate than Traditional Animation, but almost every character in everything works best in a 2D format. You can get away with more style, better lighting, and better colors. The composition is almost always better, too.

Apparently the character's design is taken a bit from ANOTHER character named Ashe, from some other game.
Which, in turn, was pretty much a rip-off of a Blizzard character... what goes around.

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, THAT's the pic I was thinking of. I'm not sure what game the other one is from, since I don't play video games anymore.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:59 pm ah, THAT's the pic I was thinking of. I'm not sure what game the other one is from, since I don't play video games anymore.
Pretty much it goes like this: the first MOBA game was Defense of the Ancients, a fan-made map for Warcraft 3, where each player controlled a single hero within a team. The characters were, of course, the heroes of the main campaign. While this was all well and good, the remained trademark of Blizzard.
Several members of the DotA team later for Riot Games and published one little black ball of hatred called League of Legends, many of the initial heroes were based on their DotA work and, as a result, were essentially Warcraft characters reskinned. The LoL Ashe was initially based on Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft's original elf ranger).
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - The Young Hunter (PL8)

squirrelly-sama wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 am Image
“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open..."
The Good Hunter - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 8, Agility 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attack Flurry, Benefit: Athletics Based on Agility, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dual Wielding, Equipment 4, Evasion, Follow Up Strike: Can launch second attack after landing a critical hit., Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Trick Weapon, Improved Defense, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Athletics 2 (+10), Expertise: Hunter 8 (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Firearms 4 (+6)

Powers
Blood Rally: Healing 5 (Action 2: free; Limited: Self Only, Limited: Only Damage Suffered That Round, Source: Blood)
Eyes On The Inside: Senses 2 (Counters Concealment: Insight)

Hunter Tools (Array)(Removable)
. . Augur of Ebrietas: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Multiattack, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.; Limited Degree)
. . Beast Roar
. . . . Deflect: Immunity 10 (Linked; Common Descriptor: Projectiles; Affects Others, Sustained; Concentration, Limited: Only Once Per Turn)
. . . . Knock Back: Move Object 10 (Linked; 25 tons; Limited: Shoving Away, Reduced Range: close)
. . Blood Vials: Healing 10 (Action: move; Distracting, Limited: Self)
. . Call From Beyond: Damage 4 (DC 19; Accurate 4: +8, Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack; Diminished Range 2, Distracting, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Choir Bell: Burst Area Healing 5 (Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 15; Distracting)
. . Empty Phantasm Shell (Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Alternate Resistance: Will)
. . Madara's Whistle: Damage 8 (DC 23; Custom: Can Attack Multiple Adjacent Targets, Feature: Static location, Indirect: fixed point, directed away; Side Effect: on failure - User Must Dodge As Well)
. . Messanger's Gift
. . . . Easily Overlooked: Concealment 10 (Linked; All Senses; Partial, Passive)
. . . . Messanger Form: Morph 1 (Linked; +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Limited: Passive)
. . Old Hunter's Bone (Advantages: Enhanced Feint, Improved Feint:, Skill Mastery, Sneak Attack: Feint With Stealth Skill)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Stealth +4 (+12))
. . . . Teleporting Dodge: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Visible Until Attacked)
. . Tiny Tonitrus: Line Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 15; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 15)

Left-hand Pistol (Array)(Easily Removable)
. . Blunderbus: Cone Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, Impaired, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Disabled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Toughness, Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 18, Extra Condition; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . Evelyn: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, Impaired, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Disabled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Parry, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)

Never Ending Nightmare: Immortality 7 (Return after 8 hours; Feature: Transported to Hunters Dream; Limited: While Under Contract)

Trick Weapons (Array)(Easily Removable)
. . Blades of Mercy: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Accurate 2: +4, Multiattack [2 extra ranks])
. . Burial Blade (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Burial Blade
. . . . . . Scythe Blade: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Feature: Detatchable Blade, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
. . . . . . Spinning Attack: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18 [2 extra ranks]; Distracting [2 extra ranks], Quirk: Only along a single plane)
. . Chikage (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Chikage: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 23; Penetrating 8; Activation 2: standard action, Side Effect 2: always - Self Damage [4 ranks only])
. . Ludwig's Holy Blade (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Ludwig Holy Blade: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 23; Improved Critical, Variable Descriptor: close group - Slashing / Bludgeoning)
. . Reiterpallasch (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Reiterpallasch
. . . . . . Firearm Mode: Damage 4 (DC 19; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
. . . . . . Rapier Mode: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Accurate: +2, Improved Critical, Precise)
. . Saw Cleaver (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Saw Cleaver: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 23; Feature: Serrated, Feature: Extending Blade)
. . Threaded Cane (Alternate; Easily Removable)
. . . . Threaded Cane: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Accurate 2: +4, Feature: Hidden, Feature: Serrated, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)

Equipment
Tool Belt
Antidote: Nullify 5 (Counters: Status Effects, DC 15; Broad; Reduced Range: close)
Bolt Paper: Feature 1 (Notes: Adds Bolt Descriptor Weapon)
Bone Marrow Ash: Feature 4 (Notes: Improves Fire Arm Damage by 2 ranks)
Fire Paper: Feature 1 (Notes: Adds Fire Descriptor to weapon)
Hunters Mark: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Hunters Dream 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Distracting)
Lanturn: Feature 1
Molotov: Damage 4 (DC 19; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2)

Offense
Initiative +8
Antidote: Nullify 5, +12 (DC Will 15)
Augur of Ebrietas: Affliction 8, +12 (DC Will 18)
Blades of Mercy: Strength-based Damage 2, +16 (DC 19)
Blunderbus: Cone Area Affliction 8 (DC 18)
Call From Beyond: Damage 4, +14 (DC Will 19)
Chikage: Strength-based Damage 6, +12 (DC 23)
Evelyn: Affliction 8, +6 (DC Dog 18)
Firearm Mode: Damage 4, +6 (DC 19)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 12)
Knock Back: Move Object 10, +12 (DC 20)
Ludwig Holy Blade: Strength-based Damage 6, +12 (DC 23)
Madara's Whistle: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Molotov: Damage 4, +6 (DC 19)
Rapier Mode: Strength-based Damage 4, +14 (DC 21)
Saw Cleaver: Strength-based Damage 6, +12 (DC 23)
Scythe Blade: Strength-based Damage 4, +12 (DC 21)
Spinning Attack: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 25)
Threaded Cane: Strength-based Damage 2, +16 (DC 19)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Tiny Tonitrus: Line Area Affliction 5 (DC Will 15)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 17)

Complications
Relationship - The Doll and Gehrman: The Doll is the curious minder of the Dream and one of the few comforting presences in the life of the Hunter. She offers solace, strength, and unconditional love to the Hunter and will support them regardless of any actions they perform. Gehrman is the mentor of the Hunter and the one who acts as a guide and leads the Hunter to where they want to go and offers clues about the nightmarish world the Hunter has found himself in.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/8, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 45 + Advantages 28 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 165

Nots
The Player Character and protagonist of Bloodborne.

The Good Hunter is a man who came to Yharnam seeking Pale Blood and accepted a contract with the Hunters Dream and a Blood Ministration to become a Hunter. As the one who holds the contract with the Hunters Dream the Good Hunter will return to the dream upon death until he once again is able to return to the waking world.

Hunters are those who Hunt beasts and seek to rid the world of the scourge of blood. They however must be wary of becoming drunk on blood and becoming a best themselves. These mad Hunters are the pray of the Hunter of Hunters such Eileen and the Good Hunter himself.

The Good Hunter seeks to fulfill his contract and leave the dream behind. To do so he must enter nightmares and seek forbidden knowledge to slay the Kin that first infected man with the Old Blood.

GAMEPLAY: The Good Hunter is very balanced offensively and Defensively and relies on his Advantages or weapons to alter his checks to better suit a foe. However the Hunter favors a more defensive approach, but one that only lasts until it's time to deliver a decisive and final attack. The Hunter has a few custom advantages, Enhanced and Improved Feint allow him to feint as a move action without suffering a penalty and grants him small circumstance bonus to feints. Dual Wielding (From 2E) lets him link both his Trick Weapon and his left hand weapon, and Follow Up Strike (from 2E) allows a second attack to be done as the bonus granted from making a critical hit.

The Hunter has a wide array of special tools and weaons to choose from, each greatly altering how he can approach combat. Some favor greater aggression while others allow him to attack safely from a distance.

The Hunter's Gun is not one that is meant for damaging opponents but rather a weapon that is made to create openings. It both lowers defenses and impairs resistance, mimicking the repost system from the game.

Lastly the Hunter has a form of regeneration, able to quickly regain his health through the blood of his foes. By immediately retaliating against an opponent he can activate the regeneration for a short while, the bonus only last as long as he is spilling blood.

It was a fun and challenging build to do. I wanted to get as much of the game as I could into the build without just sacrificing bits as fluff for Power Attacks or Extra Effort or such. A lot of his equipment is pretty much unneeded in a build and a lot of his advantages can be dropped to focus on a particular type of combat rather than a open style. It wouldn't be very difficult to cut the unneeded parts to make him an even 150 points and a normal PC build. One of the biggest difficulties was trying trying to figure out how to handle Reposts and trying to get across just how fast paced and frenzied combat can get in Bloodborne. It's a great action game, both in the atmosphere and the actual game play, while similar to Dark Souls it is incredibly quick and everything about the mechanics of this encourages an unrelenting offense. You cannot block attacks, instead using your gun to parry and open up an opponent to a devastating follow up, you regain health quickly and much more often than in Dark Souls, the default healing item being much faster to use and always being able to recover a percentage of recently lost health regainable by attacking opponents quickly after being damaged.

The Hunter - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 6, Agility 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attack Flurry, Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dual Wielding, Equipment 4, Evasion, Follow Up Strike: Can launch second attack after landing a critical hit., Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Trick Weapon, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Expertise: Hunter 6 (+6), Insight 2 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Firearms 6 (+8)

Powers
Blood Rally: Healing 5 (Action 2: free; Limited: Self Only, Limited: Only Damage Suffered That Round, Source: Blood)
Healing: Healing 6 (Removable; Distracting, Limited: to Self, Source: Harvested from Slain Infected)
Lefthand Pistol (Easily Removable)
. . Blunderbus: Cone Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Toughness, Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 18; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . Hunter Pistol: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Parry, Increased Range: ranged; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
Never Ending Nightmare: Immortality 7 (Return after 8 hours; Feature: Transported to Hunters Dream; Limited: While Under Contract)
Antidote: Nullify 5 (Counters: Status Effects, DC 15; Broad; Reduced Range: close)
Bolt Paper: Feature 1 (Notes: Adds Bolt Descriptor Weapon)
Bone Marrow Ash: Feature 4 (Notes: Improves Fire Arm Damage by 2 ranks)
Fire Paper: Feature 1 (Notes: Adds Fire Descriptor to weapon)
Hunters Mark: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Hunters Dream 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Distracting)
Lanturn: Feature 1
Molotov: Damage 4 (DC 19; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2)
Trick Weapons (Easily Removable)
. . Hunter's Ax: Damage 6 (DC 21; Improved Critical, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.; Quirk: Reach requires move activation)
. . Saw Cleaver: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Accurate: +2, Feature: Extending Reach, Improved Critical, Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
. . Threaded Cane: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19, Advantages: Takedown; Accurate 2: +4, Improved Critical, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)

Equipment
Binoculars, Tool Belt [Antidote: Nullify 5, Counters: Status Effects, DC 15; Broad; Reduced Range: close; Bolt Paper: Feature 1, Notes: Adds Bolt Descriptor Weapon; Bone Marrow Ash: Feature 4, Notes: Improves Fire Arm Damage by 2 ranks; Fire Paper: Feature 1, Notes: Adds Fire Descriptor to weapon; Hunters Mark: Movement 1, Dimensional: Hunters Dream 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Distracting; Lanturn: Feature 1; Molotov: Damage 4, DC 19; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2]

Offense
Initiative +8
Antidote: Nullify 5, +8 (DC Will 15)
Blunderbus: Cone Area Affliction 8 (DC 18)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Hunter Pistol: Affliction 8, +8 (DC Dog 18)
Hunter's Ax: Damage 6, +8 (DC 21)
Molotov: Damage 4, +2 (DC 19)
Saw Cleaver: Strength-based Damage 4, +10 (DC 21)
Threaded Cane: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 19)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Complications
Relationship - The Doll and Gehrman: The Doll is the curious minder of the Dream and one of the few comforting presences in the life of the Hunter. She offers solace, strength, and unconditional love to the Hunter and will support them regardless of any actions they perform. Gehrman is the mentor of the Hunter and the one who acts as a guide and leads the Hunter to where they want to go and offers clues about the nightmarish world the Hunter has found himself in.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 24 + Advantages 18 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 120

Notes
For reasons even I don't understand I decided to revisit this build. I didn't see anything really wrong with it, but instead thought to create a "starter" version of the character. This is the Hunter as he started near the beginning of his adventure, 2 PL lower and 45pp shorter. He hasn't amassed his large arsonal of tools and weapons to deal with any situation yet and is a bit more squishy due to a lack of bloodleveling. I'd place him as around the time you face Vicar Amelia or when first entering Old Yharnam.