Novelty Concepts

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
EpicEclipse

Novelty Concepts

Post by EpicEclipse »

This is a thread for everyone to post in if they want to share.

The topic is pretty much what the thread is here to share; concepts that either have a very narrow setting range, have complex mechanics no GM wants to deal with or for some other reason is unlikely to see play.

This thread is not for builds of canon characters, plenty of threads for things like that. This thread is for the interesting novelty character concepts that just don't quite fit in anywhere, where they can at least see the light of day and have their novel charms shared.

Why? Because maybe some GM will come by this thread and be inspired with the ideas to run something where these characters might fit in.

Rules:
Be respectful. These are concepts that are being posted, not to try and make it into a game, but to share the novelty of the concept. There is nothing to be gained by being critical of someone's concept. By all means be constructive about flaws in mechanics or rules, or even maybe ideas that might improve a concept, but I must stress being constructive. Don't just bash someone's concept then peace out. That's rude and disrespectful.

That's about it. Concepts have mechanics attached obviously, but you're not submitting for a game, so feel free to post any PL on any PP budget. If you are using any house rules, just list them so people know and aren't pointing out that you built something wrong. Any character creation house rules you want to use are preference-based, regardless of how controversial they are amongst the community. We're not here to discuss how valid a house rule is or is not.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Re: Novelty Concepts

Post by EpicEclipse »

*Reserved to link to characters*
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So for my first submission, I am working on a character whose ability is to become stronger and faster as they take damage by feeding off the entropic energy.

With PL caps being a thing, the trick of the build is trying to simulate growing stronger without breaking caps, which I am still puzzling on how to work the mechanics to even correlate damage to power.

Right now I am mainly considering one of two options; either a quirk where certain powers are only available while damaged, or using the energy absorption power construct, except the reaction is simply taking damage.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sure. Why not. I’ll be slow as hell, posting things, but...these WILL be M&M2e builds, so be warned.

Hoid’s builds!
Fantasy builds.
Creatures
The Mothtribe. A tribe of precognitive goblins who worship a giant turned into a Huge moth millennia ago.
Placeholder.
People
Eireath the Fungal Knight. An arrogant elf paladin wearing living fungal armor. Seeks to slay the Mothgoddess.
The Mothgoddess. A giantess turned into a Huge moth countless thousands of years ago. Worshipped as a goddess by the goblins of the Mothtribe.
Placeholder.

Horror builds.
Creatures
The Salmon of Wisdom. Mythos horrors hidden in the bodies of salmon, waiting to be eaten.
Placeholder.
People
Wilbur Whately. Backwoods conjuror in league to Yog-Sothoth.
Placeholder.

Sci-fi builds.
Creatures
Placeholder.
People
Primarchon Sage. An intergalactic priest spreading utter pacifism through relentless mind control psibernetics.
Placeholder.

Superheroic builds!
Creatures
Fractals. Mindless otherdimensional beings summonable by Doctor Cataclysm.
Placeholder.
People
Doctor Cataclysm. A power-armor villain with a slice of woven space/time continuum as a cloak.
Placeholder.

Weird stuff that fits nowhere else.
Creatures
Bewilderbeasts. Neuroses given wildebeest form. Progeny of the Sainted Devotee.
Garmourners. When sorrow overwhelms all else, Garmourners creep forth. Progeny of the Sainted Devotee.
People
Fenristocrats. The Seven Heavenly Virtues, in lupine shape! Progeny of the Sainted Devotee.
The Phoenix That Breathes Forth the Many Rivers. An avian cosmic entity on a surreal, MS Escher-like flat universe. Mentor to the Sainted Devotee.
The Rat That Poisons the Heart of the World. A humanoid, diseased rodent seeking to undo his bizarre flat universe. The ghost of the prior Sainted Devotee.
Torturtles. The Seven Deadly Sins, in turtle shape! Progeny of the Sainted Eevotee.
Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm in too,as i 've got a...Unique Hero for MnM that i could never get into a game.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:13 am I'm in too,as i 've got a...Unique Hero for MnM that i could never get into a game.
That kind of thing is precisely what this thread is for, sharing such characters. :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:17 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:13 am I'm in too,as i 've got a...Unique Hero for MnM that i could never get into a game.
That kind of thing is precisely what this thread is for, sharing such characters. :)
Cool.I'll be introducing the world to the most ORDINARY hero in the world; Mr. Hero ASAP.Fair warning,he's the only stated-up BYSTANDARD in the entirety of MnM that actually did something useful in the RL game i ever ran him in....
Hoid

Bewilderbeasts and Garmourners

Post by Hoid »

Bewilderbeasts:
The Sainted Devotee knows all things, for all things are inside his mind, amid the cranial lobes of heaven and the many hells. Pierce the electron-cloud paradises of his higher cognitive function...be at awe. He dreams. We are his dream. He calls to the lizard hindbrain nothing, and we emerge, ready to play our parts.
Let incomprehension reign! Let confusion fill our ears! To forget is to learn! I am by forgetting I am. The sound of one hand clapping is, because it is. Be free! Sanity, fall away!
One day, the Sainted Devotee will be free of the overworld prison other gods placed him in. The Sainted Devotee will awaken...and
we shall ASCEND! Now, let us meditate on lucid dreaming, madness and the utter lack of rational thought...

Kept under lock and key, the Sainted Devotee lies dead and dreaming, his mind ablaze as his body rots. When the Sainted Devotee gives in to his madness, Bewilderbeasts come into being. They exit through the Perceptual Gates of Horn and Ivory, and’re feared and reviled by all.
PL6/55pp. (Neuroses given form [evil?].)
Attributes: Strength 14 (+2), Dexterity 10 (+0), Constitution 14 (+2), Intelligence 6 (-2), Wisdom 6 (-2), Charisma 6 (-2). [0pp.]
Combat: BAB (melee +2/ranged +0) melee +2/ranged +0, Defense (10) 12. [4pp.]
Saves: Toughness (+2) +7, Fortitude (+2) +3, Reflex (+0) -4, Will (-2) +2. [6pp.]
Feats: Benefit 1 (reputation 1 [SERIOUS troublemakers]), Equipment 1 (weird assortment of nonsensical objects 1), Fearless, Ninja Run, Rage 1, Taunt, Teamwork, Withstand Damage. [8pp.]
Skills: none. [0pp.]
Powers: [37pp.]
Embodiments of Confusiom and Neuroses: Adaptation 1 (Flaws: Uncontrollable). [8pp.] Anatomical Separation 5. [5pp.] Color Control 1. [1pp.] Nemesis 1 (Flaws: Uncontrollable). [8pp.] —- [22pp.]
Progeny of the Sainted Devotee: Communication Link 9 (the Sainted Devotee). [9pp] Features 2 (longevity, naturally buoyant). [2pp.] Transmit 4 (medium: mummified corpses [yes, really]). [4pp.] —- [15pp.]
Drawbacks: Disability (-0pp; the only sounds Bewilderbeasts can make are atonal shrieks and distorted laughter and hysterical weeping).
Complications:
Craaaaaaaaaazzzzyy!
FatheRisSicKyesFatheRLeTusOuTtoProtecTHimselFFroMHimselFasheAlwaySDoeSyesyesyes
Nonsensical Goals
Square t circle! Square t circle! Yesyesyesyes
Utterly Irrational
Thnlythngtfrsfrtslf
Quote:
-_—-/>_-This is a completed generic Bewilderbeast writeup.

Garmourners:
The Sainted Devotee knows all things, for all things are inside his mind, amid the cranial lobes of heaven and the many hells. Pierce the electron-cloud paradises of his higher cognitive function...be at awe. He dreams. We are his dream. He calls to the lizard hindbrain nothing, and we emerge, ready to play our parts.
Nothing we do will prevent the disasters of tomorrow; no effort will soothe the pains of the past.
One day, the Sainted Devotee will be free of the overworld prison other gods placed him in. The Sainted Devotee will awaken...and
we shall ASCEND! Now, let us meditate on despair, false hope and shattered visions...

Kept under lock and key, the Sainted Devotee lies dead and dreaming, his mind ablaze as his body rots. When the Sainted Devotee feels despair, Garmourners are born. They exit the Perceptual Gates of Horn and Ivory and’re pitied and avoided by all.
PL5/55pp. (Sorrow given form [neutral].)
Attributes:
Combat:
Saves:
Feats:
Skills:
Powers:
Embodiments of Sorrow: Color Control 2 (Flaws: Limited [dark colors ONLY]). [1pp.] Emotion Control 5 (Extras: Aura; Flaws: Limited (despair and grief and sorrow ONLY]). [10pp.]
Progeny of the Sainted Devotee: Communication Link 9 (the Sainted Devotee). [9pp.] Features 2 (longevity, naturally buoyant). [2pp.] Transmit 4 (medium: mummified corpses [yes, really]). [4pp.] —-[15pp.]
Drawbacks:
Complications:
Despair is Your Shield From an Uncaring Universe
Its All So Pointless, So Why Even Try?
Nothing You Do Amounts to Anything
Quote:

This generic Garmourner is currently at 26pp out of 55pp total.
Last edited by Hoid on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

(Put Harpoon's costume on this poor Slob and give him Night Vision Goggles)
MR.HERO ID=Chance Harper Occupation=Private Eye/Sewer Worker/Handyman
STRENGTH 1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+2)
Expertise (Handyman) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+2,+6 w/attractive)
Expertise (Tactics) 9 (+9)
Investigation 4 (+4,+8 w/attractive)
Perception 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Harpoons,knives +1,other stuff), Cunning Fighter, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw,Attractive 2, Improved Crit(harpoons), Headquarters(W.T.F.A.:Abandoned Apartment Complex in Hell’s kitchen-Typical Building Stats w/NO add-on's),

Equipment:
"Harpoons" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 7) (Drawbacks: Diminished Range- 10/20/50) (8)
“Modified/Stolen Harpoon’s Costume” Protection +2

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Harpoon +10 (+6 Close/Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Knife +3 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Motivation (Doing Good)-Chance is a Nice guy that just want’s to go about his day without any hassles,but can’t seem to say no to anyone asking for help…
Enemy(Harpoon)-everyone’s favorite villainous eskimo, Kodiak Noatak,has a good reason to hate Chance(Considering he Killed him with a big rock during the “Morlock Massacure” thing…and then stole his Harpoons&Cloths!)..
Responsibility(Morlocks)-After “saving”(re:just yelling at them to “Run this way!” and leading them out of the Sewers) as many as he could,he couldn’t just let them live on the Streets and he DID own that apartment complex….
Relationship(Callisto)-After Healer practically forced the Former Morlock leader to train Chance a little,he started to “Arrange” for them to meet fairly often(Even though they get along like an old married Couple and won’t admit their attracted to each other)…
Realtionship(Daredevil,The Kingpin)-these are really weird,as Chance has NO IDEA that the rather Dumpy rich guy that agreed to help him set everything up Legally with the Morlock’s is THE KINGPIN OF CRIME…Meanwhile,Daredevil “hired” him as the Nelson&Murdock Law Offices Investigator and they’re pretty decent friends…

MACYN'S NOTES:
As much as I loved Chance,I could never get him into any games other than the one I made him for(Classic MSHRPG).This is the best translation I could come up with for MnM3e…