World of Freedom 3.2 Setting Detail

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
FuzzyBoots

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 Setting Detail

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Voltron64 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 pmDidn't know they were making an adventure about it.....
It's a definite maybe. Omega Girl indicated (in a podcast, I think), that the original plan was an adventure path, which led to the hints in the Cosmic Handbook, but tepid sales of Emerald City Knights dissuaded them. There's some hope in the form of a Kickstarter campaign, but even that requires resources, so they have not pushed forward yet.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wha' he seid. I'd back that Kickstarter in a second, but I'd honestly settle for the release of the outline so I can decide what happened.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Shock

Re: History Marches On

Post by Shock »

Sweet! I've been looking forward to this. So it's 2016 "now"?
Davies wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:58 am 2010
July: Robin Greyfaulk and Hercules have a brief romance.
Romance is probably overselling it a bit ;} Probably more like a series of one-night stands.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 am Sweet! I've been looking forward to this. So it's 2016 "now"?
Romance is probably overselling it a bit ;} Probably more like a series of one-night stands.
Cynic. :P
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Little late to the response, but can I throw in my own suggestions for Centuria?

Because I'd throw in a little nod to Freedom's Most Wanted and have her be Centurion's granddaughter instead, with her father being Centurion's son Gladius.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:10 pm Little late to the response, but can I throw in my own suggestions for Centuria?

Because I'd throw in a little nod to Freedom's Most Wanted and have her be Centurion's granddaughter instead, with her father being Centurion's son Gladius.
You can throw in any suggestions you like, I'm not necessarily going to act on them.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Davies wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 am
Shock wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 am Sweet! I've been looking forward to this. So it's 2016 "now"?
Cynic. :P
I somehow missed this last week while away on vacation but guilt as charged ;}
Davies

Post by Davies »

To answer your original question ...
"Now" is around the start of November 2015. Hopefully, I'll be able to move that date forward a bit sometime in the next few months ...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Added some details about when the various Next Gen teams formed and disbanded to the timeline. More will be added as I add more relevant characters to the character sheet folder.
Davies

Anti-Earth Counterparts

Post by Davies »

These are only some of the alternate versions of characters from Earth-Prime who reside on Anti-Earth.

Crina, Daughter of Eurybia: One of the many lesser known daughters of Zeus, by the titaness Eurybia, she was raised in the image of her late half-brother Pallas and eventually condemned to Tartarus for various misdeeds. However, she recently escaped during a dimensional cataclysm and has settled on the east coast of Anti-Earth's North Columbian continent, far from Empire City, where she has built a small empire for herself in the shadow of the chaos of Viridian City. She is often accompanied by her pet mortal, Kikuyu Kimura. [As Minerva and Yuuki Yukimura, respectively.]

Doctor Video: The Tyranny Syndicate's resident mad doctor, a sadistic medical savant who is often given free reign to experiment on those members of the Syndicate who fail in their operations. [As the TV Doctor.)

The Enforcers: A group of super-villains who rule over the city of San Francisco (named, in this case, after Saint Francis Prelati) and have a non-aggression pact with the Tyranny Syndicate. Their leader, Zenith, is also the Gatekeeper of this world.[As the various members of the Champions, though use the Gatekeeper's stats from Atlas of Earth-Prime instead of Solitaire's.]

Yelena Adamov: ... yeah, no, I suspect that Ares would heavily edit this post if I went into any sort of detail about how this mad scientist and femme fatale keeps control over her four wild children. Let's just say Toxic's mom would be appalled. [As Andrea Atom, but add Attractive and increase Deception to 12 ranks.]

Raquel Bauduin: Heir to the Bauduin fortune and notorious party girl in Empire City, secretly driven by memories of having been spared when her entire family was murdered after a falling out between the Adamov Family and her father, Protiuz in the early 80s. She has managed to keep her matter manipulating powers a secret, and is plotting to overthrow the Synidcate. [As Toxic.]

Dwimmerlaik: Brother and sister team of dark generating villains, lesser known members of the Tyranny Syndicate. [As the Beacon, but substitute Ranged Weaken Stamina for Healing and drop Morph.]

Freddy Zahn: Ostensibly one of Daedelus' most loyal lackeys, he hides his telepathic abilities as well as his plotting against the Syndicate, which has recently led him to ally with Raquel Bauduin. [As Zane, but replace all telekinetic abilities and force field with a low powered battlesuit.]

Kathy Malis: Extremely powerful kinetic manipulator studying at -- really imprisoned in -- the Academy. Utterly unaware of her heritage as the only daughter of one of Johnny Speed's enemies, long dead. [As Donnie Benis.]

Jasper Solomon: A mad cyborg scientist trapped on Verecia, briefly encountered by Project Freedom on their journey there.

Graham Carls: Recently installed puppet ruler of the isolationist nation of Ultima Thule, dependant on support from the Tyranny Syndicate to enforce his will on the powerful but cowardly people of the city state.

Gigantea: Recently installed head of the Academy after she stepped on Beaumont Fletcher II. [As Titaness.]
Davies

Help Me To Entertain You

Post by Davies »

So here's the deal. The Freedomverse is kind of lacking in anime and manga influence, which is odd given that it had a character whose high concept was 'anime and manga influence as a supervillain'. (Or maybe not so odd, I suppose, but let's move on.) There was an opportunity to redress this in the East Asia atlas entry but ... well, it was passed up. So I'm going to try and redress it myself, and already have done so.

But what sort of manga and anime influenced characters would you the reader like to see represented in my thread? I am throwing this thread open to suggestions on that front. Suggest the series or even the specific characters you'd like to see Captain Ersatz versions of, and I'll see what I can do to come up with a character or characters like that.

Now, you know that there are going to be a few conditions on that invitation, right?

* No hentai. Goes without saying.

* No magical girls. Already got them!

* No Death Note. Already got it, the screwy detective, and the really evil kid. (He's in an insane asylum.)

* No Old Boy. (Yes, it was a manga first.)

... what? No, this isn't a pathetic attempt to bump this thread's reply count. How dare you suggest that, you cad?
Jabroniville

Re: Help Me To Entertain You

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, I've got a--
Davies wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am
DAMN! Never mind.

Only other anime I'm into right now is Hajime no Ippo, which is a boxing anime. Maybe... a Shonen-esque Fighting League, but with super-humans? Showing different techniques in super-battles and the like. Have some champions, while other guys are up & comers.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:29 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:57 pm heh- neat. So there's Master Vampires, AND there's "Elder Evil"-type Vampires?
Blame Kevin Siembieda, but I like the idea of a vampire as a Cthuloid menace that will tax even mighty superheroes. It also draws a bit from the idea of the Antediluvians as being these thousand and million year old beings that no longer even resemble humans.
Think I missed this the first time around. I actually remember that from Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms now.
Davies

Re: Help Me To Entertain You

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:53 am Oh, I've got a--
Davies wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am
DAMN! Never mind.

Only other anime I'm into right now is Hajime no Ippo, which is a boxing anime. Maybe... a Shonen-esque Fighting League, but with super-humans? Showing different techniques in super-battles and the like. Have some champions, while other guys are up & comers.
... I believe I can work with this.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

How about a team of teen heroes ala Gatchaman(Battle Of The Planets over here)? Or maybe even Kinnikuman(Ultimate Muscle over here)......