The Forever Tree/M&M2e

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
MacynSnow

Re: The Forever Tree/M&M2e

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:13 am I can't wait to read 'bout this one,hoid!

Quick q;is this the same luthor that was part of the original game?
Yes, yes it is. The formation of this school would’ve been a major plot-point. Simon Luther.
Ever thought to re-start it over here?You'd have at least one original member..... :D
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 am
Hoid wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:13 am I can't wait to read 'bout this one,hoid!

Quick q;is this the same luthor that was part of the original game?
Yes, yes it is. The formation of this school would’ve been a major plot-point. Simon Luther.
Ever thought to re-start it over here?You'd have at least one original member..... :D
Nope. I have too many games going on in real life. I’ve got a Marvel FASERIP game every Tuesday, an M&M2e superheroic game (NOT set in the Forever Tree, but a much more traditional setting of my own design) every Thursday, and, depending on who can show up, either an ‘everything and the kitchen sink, too’ omni-genre Tri-Stat dX game OR an M&M2e epic fantasy game every Saturday. Yeah, my hands are full.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 pm
Nope. I have too many games going on in real life. I’ve got a Marvel FASERIP game every Tuesday, an M&M2e superheroic game (NOT set in the Forever Tree, but a much more traditional setting of my own design) every Thursday, and, depending on who can show up, either an ‘everything and the kitchen sink, too’ omni-genre Tri-Stat dX game OR an M&M2e epic fantasy game every Saturday. Yeah, my hands are full.
Wow,and i thought i ran alot of setting heavy games for GREED-E in real life!
I run them through the Emerald City Knights MnM 3e campaign game on Teusday,a Dungeons & Dragons 5e game (which is our Original game universe that we switched over from 3.5e) every Thursday,and i just started running them through a Star Trek Adventures(2d20) game last Saturday.....
Hoid

[Earth-N Resonances]the House of the Wolves!

Post by Hoid »

[Earth-N Resonances]The House of the Wolves.
RESONANCES:
—————What is a Resonance?

See HERE...

—————How many Resonances does Earth-N have?
Hundreds, many, many many hundreds. These are but a few: Alphawolves’ Den; Omnimaximum the Sapient Cosmology; the Sidhe Forest; the Technarchy; the dual Resonances of Wasteland-East and Wasteland-West; and WOLFHOME.

THE HOUSE OF THE WOLVES, OVERVIEW:
—————What’s the House of the Wolves and what’s it function?

The House of the Wolves is a series of seven linked Earth-N Resonances designed to serve as a cosmic weapons-locker. Protected by a security system called the Five Stations of Warding—-each Station guarded by seventeen Sunsphinx-built psi-capable AI-equipped robot soldiers—-the House of the Wolves contains non-Euclidean weaponry that even the House of the Wolves’ creators deemed unacceptably dangerous.

—————Who built the House of the Wolves?
The Sunsphinx, or to be more precise, a Sunsphinx, a ‘lycanthropic’ space god calling herself Fenris. Note, please, that Fenris is a renegade of her people. She stole the House of the Wolves’ impressive array of weaponry and, using space god technology, built these seven Resonances and linked them together.

Fenris chose Earth-N to house the House of the Wolves out of simple pride, viewing spiritwolves as ‘little brothers and sisters’. Fenris admires spiritwolves’ savage determination to do as they please, an instinct that is echoed in Fenris’ own feral heart.

—————Tell us about Fenris.
Fenris is a Sunsphinx from Perpendicular-6: many millennia old, Fenris is a ‘werewolf’—-or rather, the closest to that mythological monster as anyone in the Forever Tree can get. She’s not the progenitor of the spiritwolves, and nor does she claim as such. However, spiritwolves revere Fenris as a divine apex predator and fearfully listen to her words—-even if they do not obey they still take time to listen.

Though explicitly not the mythical ‘First Werewolf’ (assuming such a thing ever even existed in the first place), Fenris styles herself as such, and greatly enjoys the terrifying prestige the claim shrouds her in.

—————Who can access the House of the Wolves?
Though spiritwolves believe only they can access the House of the Wolves, in this they’re completely incorrect. ANY wolf-feral superbeing, human or otherwise, can be taught the meditative techniques required to shift there. Spiritwolves currently have sole access, but this will change, as time goes past.

This is because, while Fenris deeply admires and respects spiritwolves, the renegade space goddess recognizes other ‘little brothers and sisters’ exist on nearly every universe in the Forever Tree. Fenris would be a poor big sister, she reasons, if she hogged all this weaponry for only ONE of her siblings.

—————...interesting. Are spiritwolves aware of that loophole in their security?
Not in the least bit. They even believe Fenris is a Sunwolf! But, Fenris intended for her House of the Wolves to be for all her ‘less evolved’ kin, not just spiritwolves.

THE HOUSE OF THE WOLVES, SPECIFICS:
—————What type of weapons can be found, in this mysterious House of the Wolves?

Dangerous weapons that damage reality, itself, are stored in the House of the Wolves, non-Euclidean Devices and Gadgets dredged up from the foulest regions of the multiverse—-a few were even stolen from the Infinite Roots! The Sunsphinx gathered these dangerous implements of death and hid them away on Perpendicular-6. Fenris later absconded with most of these weapons and the rest, as they say, is history.

—————What are the Five Stations Of Warding?
Security checkpoints, the Five Stations of Warding are Sunsphinx fortresses co-existing within and along all seven Resonances of the House of the Wolves.

Each Station is guarded by a superhuman implicitly trusted by Fenris. They are chosen for their monomaniac obsessiveness, not any moral quality.

—————With specific regard for the House of the Wolves, what are ‘princes’?
A gender-neutral term when used in conjunction with the House of the Wolves, a ‘prince’ is a spiritwolf permitted to travel, unrestricted, across the Five Stations of Warding. Each Prince is chosen carefully by Fenris. Currently, every single Prince is a Sunwolf spiritwolf.

Other ‘lycanthropes’ can pass the Five Stations of Warding, but these beings are subjected to tests and ritual combats at each Station.

THE SEVEN VAULTS OF THE HOUSE OF THE WOLVES:
—————Tell us about the first Resonance of the House of the Wolves.

Known as the Vault of Devouring Knives, this Resonance contains spatial-distortion weaponry, Devices and Gadgets that either destabilize distance as a concept, or else ‘eats’ physical reality to achieve a destructive effect.

The Vault of Devouring Knives is overseen by Luna (PL10/150pp; female Moon spiritwolf/Sunsphinx hybrid), a daughter of Fenris and a hulking brute of raw destruction.

—————Tell us about the second Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Consuming Oblivion, this Resonance contains weapons that ‘negate’ certain aspects of reality: eliminating gravity and causing cities to fall into the sky, negating height to turn others into protoplasmic goop, wiping out time to freeze someone in place for eternity and so forth and so on.

Guarding the Vault of Consuming Oblivion is...nothing. Using these weapons is as dangerous to the user as to anyone else, and, without any sort of instruction in their usage, merely ACTIVATING one by accident is usually a spectacular form of suicide.

—————Tell us about the third Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Searing Iron, this Resonance contains incinderiary weaponry. No frills, no bells, no whistles—-just weapons that burn other things and beings. The Vault of Searing Iron is the ‘tamest, most mundane’ Vault of the House of the Wolves.

Guarded by the Final Winter (PL12/161pp; male cyborg Sunsphinx), a Demimachine cyborg cryokinetic Sunsphinx, as well as the son of Fenris.

—————Tell us about the fourth Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Falling Skies, this Resonance contains weaponry that distorts gravity to catastrophic effect: rayguns that reduce the target to two dimensions forever, gauntlets that allow you to punch with a weight of a moon behind you, poisons that cause your intestines (and ONLY your intestines!) to suddenly weigh five and a half tons and even worse things.

Guarding the Vault of Falling Skies is Vargr (PL17/150pp; male cyberkinetic Sunwitch), an Earth-A Sunwitch able to seize control of every piece of electronics on a planet at once. (Rather than let the Starvampires eat him or lobotomize him, Fenris ‘rescued’ Vargr and put him to use.)

—————Tell us about the fifth Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Endless Ice, this Resonance contains hideous anti-chronal weaponry, able to slow time, tear open rifts in time, cause a parallel timeline from the Beyond to overlap present reality and other flagrant offenses against the flow of linear time.

Guarding the Vault of Endless is the mysterious Shadow of the Werewolf (PL12/188pp; female telepathic Sun spiritwolf), a clone of Earth-N’s Matriarchwolf given the brain of a powerful alien telepath. Shadow of the Werewolf is deeply insane and often cannot be reasoned with.

—————Tell us about the sixth Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Endless Fire, this Resonance contains weaponry that generate and control liminescence and radioactivity. Examples include: miniaturized sealed supernovae, psychically contained gamma ray burst fragments, EMPs that can knock whole planets’ power grids down, and so on.

The Vault of Endless Fire is guarded by Ionwolf (PL10/100pp; male Sun spiritwolf), a Sunwolf whose beauty was annihilated by exposure to massive amounts of radioactivity! He wields several weapons from the Vault of Endless Fire.

—————And finally, tell us about the seventh Resonance of the House of the Wolves.
Known as the Vault of Final Destruction, this Resonance contains Doomsday weaponry, extinction-level events in Device format: miniaturized black holes and magnatars, bottled antimatter, nanites that devour dark matter—-if it could destroy entire planets, it’s here, in the Vault of Final Destruction. No one is allowed inside the Vault of Final Destruction other than Fenris, herself.

Guarding the Vault of Final Destruction is Mhouhg Mhauhg (PL15/297pp; male wolf-like New Kaiju mutant), a ‘pet’ Fenris stole from Earth-B. (On Earth-B, Mhouhg Mhauhg is listed as dead, and is believed to have been annihilated by a Purity-based team of Sentries and Thralls.)
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The House of the Wolves is done! Plus, I’ve done more work on earlier entries!
Hoid

[The Infinite Roots]A message.

Post by Hoid »

[The Infinite Roots (as a whole)]A message.
Your worlds are so... bright...that they are blinding to gaze upon. Your worlds have such abundance, so much life, that it is almost impossible to endure. We are not accustomed to such shining bounty. Sometimes...sometimes we forget who we are, staring up at your happiness. It can be infuriating to see others live such blessed lives, while we suffer here, below the floorboards of infinity.

We look up. We see you dancing and feasting and warring. You think your petty wars
mean something. That your suffering is somehow unjust. You do not know what suffering is. But be at peace. For we will instruct you. You think giants falling from the sky or wars over petty genetic enhancements makes you... special. Elevated. Remarkable. You are mistaken.

We saw your little ship, come down to our murky depths. It’s crew lost their minds, seeing
our lives, our sufferings. You made us curious. So...we looked up. And we saw you, up in your bright realm, with your amazing abundance and your trivially small tragedies. And we wept in raw envy at what we beheld.

We are no longer content to squat amidst ruins. We will no longer hibernate uneasily, unaware of the
merriment echoing through your lush worlds, full of promise. You descended. Now we will ascend. You think your...imperiex...can save you. They cannot save you. We have broken gods watching over us, Majestoi who guide us with gibbering wisdom ripped from the half-formed souls of smashed worlds, dead before their time. They will awaken, and lift us up through the misty place of your dead and up into paradise. We will walk your shores and we will sample your lives and burn it all to the ground.

We are coming. Be ready.
MacynSnow

Re: [The Infinite Roots]A message.

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm [The Infinite Roots (as a whole)]A message.
Your worlds are so... bright...that they are blinding to gaze upon. Your worlds have such abundance, so much life, that it is almost impossible to endure. We are not accustomed to such shining bounty. Sometimes...sometimes we forget who we are, staring up at your happiness. It can be infuriating to see others live such blessed lives, while we suffer here, below the floorboards of infinity.

We look up. We see you dancing and feasting and warring. You think your petty wars
mean something. That your suffering is somehow unjust. You do not know what suffering is. But be at peace. For we will instruct you. You think giants falling from the sky or wars over petty genetic enhancements makes you... special. Elevated. Remarkable. You are mistaken.

We saw your little ship, come down to our murky depths. It’s crew lost their minds, seeing
our lives, our sufferings. You made us curious. So...we looked up. And we saw you, up in your bright realm, with your amazing abundance and your trivially small tragedies. And we wept in raw envy at what we beheld.

We are no longer content to squat amidst ruins. We will no longer hibernate uneasily, unaware of the
merriment echoing through your lush worlds, full of promise. You descended. Now we will ascend. You think your...imperiex...can save you. They cannot save you. We have broken gods watching over us, Majestoi who guide us with gibbering wisdom ripped from the half-formed souls of smashed worlds, dead before their time. They will awaken, and lift us up through the misty place of your dead and up into paradise. We will walk your shores and we will sample your lives and burn it all to the ground.

We are coming. Be ready.
Yahoo,we're getting Cthulu stuff now!Yimir's mild paranoia's pain off,thanks hoid! :D
Hoid

Re: [The Infinite Roots]A message.

Post by Hoid »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:31 pm
Hoid wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm [The Infinite Roots (as a whole)]A message.

We are coming. Be ready.
Yahoo,we're getting Cthulu stuff now!Yimir's mild paranoia's pain off,thanks hoid! :D
This is a ‘response’, so to speak, from this. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the Cthulhu Mythos. And, as to the “Majestoi” mentioned by our mysteriously malevolent narrator, they’ve been mentioned in my imperiex writeup, here, but have yet to be explained. However, each imperiex has a ‘inverted mirror image’ copy of themselves in the Infinite Roots—-these are the Majestoi! You’ll be hearing much more about the Majestoi as time goes on...
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

And, it should be noted, that while the Cthulhu Mythos exists in the Forever Tree, the Infinite Roots are distinct and separate from the Great Old Ones. The Infinite Roots has horrors all its own...!
Hoid

[Earth-B]A Message and It’s Reply!

Post by Hoid »

[Earth-B]A Message and Its Reply.
To my old...friend?,
I bid you a cautious salutations. I know things between us have been...less-than-cordial, but I wish to have a moment of your time. So please, I beg you to finish reading my plea and send me a reply as fast as is possible. I would rather not pester you—-considering our regrettable past interactions—-but my need is dire and you are the only one I trust enough to turn to.

I have recently been alerted by our ‘traveling friend’ that your, shall we say, benefactors?, have managed to ‘discover’ an entirely heretofore ‘unknown’ source of energy—-and, so too have The Purity. Our Father has sent a Thrall killteam into this otherdimensional abyss, and have returned bearing a ‘strange’ inky nothingness your benefactors refer to asUseful Oblivion’.

Let us cut right to the chase. I know our split was acrimonious, and I acknowledge it was entirely my fault. I acknowledge I hurt you deeply in my grab for power. I have apologized countless times. But, you know exactly what Useful Oblivion is. We both do. We are some of the rare few who do: it is the very stuff of divine creation, a proto-energy shapeable in any fashion imagineable.

If The Purity has Useful Oblivion, they will use it, likely to build some horrific new weapons systems, designed explicitly for use against your children. If you are the caring father you portray yourself to be, then you’ll take my warning seriously.

Thank you for your time.
Jason.

—————

Jason,
Thank you for the heads up. I’ll have this looked into. Should The Purity have what you claim they possess, this is a matter I’ll handle personally. You’re correct: I don’t wish The Purity to have the manufacturing abilities Useful Oblivion could give them.

As to my benefactors, Jason, you theoretically answer to them, too. Or has your great folly blinded you to that, too? Jason, you nearly destroyed an entire universe. That’s not regrettable; it’s reprehensible. For the love of God, Jason, go and make your report already, instead of burying your head in the sand. It’s not like they can take your position from you. Once they select you, you are what they made you for eternity.

My personal issues with you remain. I have no desire to communicate with you. I have no desire to begin again what we once had. The past is dead, along with most of your universe.

Let me make this abundantly clear, Jason, one last time: do not contact me. I have nothing to say to you.
Joshua.”
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ooohhh,i love me some Nefarious Undertakings....
Hoid

[Resonances]The Overworldlabyrinth!

Post by Hoid »

[Resonances]The Overworldlabyrinth!
—————What’s the Overworldabyrinth?
A Resonance attached to Earth-H, the Overworldlabyrinth shares some superficialities with the Mythsphere—-but, these similarities are surface-only. Whereas the Mythsphere is the embodiment of the collective imagination of fairytales, folktales, mythologies and stories, the Overworldlabyrinth is an alien extrusion into Earth-H from Somewhere Else.

Exactly where this Somewhere Else is is a mystery. The Cthulhu Mythos and the Overworldlabyrinth are most definitely not! the same place. The Cthulhu Mythos is from the Beyond, where reality breaks down and madness reigns—-the Overworldlabyrinth, meanwhile, is a wound in reality leading someplace fundamentally broken, but entirely within the multiverse.

—————What inhabits the Overworldlabyrinth?
For the most part, Things That Should Not Be, but of a more comprehensible nature than the Cthulhu Mythos. Whereas the brood of the Outer Gods are gibbering madness personified and thus are beyond human comprehension, the twisted, mutated inhabitants of the Overworldlabyrinth are all-too-familiar. They represent human fears, human anxieties and dementias.

Consisting mostly of ectoplasmically cancerous thoughtforms, the Overworldlabyrinth has a great hunger to attain physicality, to experience the vagaries of evil in a more concrete form. They are much more ephemeral than normal thoughtforms, however, and they CAN’T sire Nephilim offspring.

—————Tell us about The Tenebrous Ghost.
Among the tumorous malignancies of the Overworldlabyrinth, one thoughtform stands above the rest: the Tenebrous Ghost, the broken, diseased memetic core of a long-dead prehistoric Earth-H imperiex that became trapped here after its death. Given over to a world-devouring hunger for mortal sufferings, it rose up after death and conquered in prison, like an indestructible titan.

The Tenebrous Ghost seeks to enter Earth-H and gain revenge on a universe it feels betrayed it. Mostly, though, it desires to consume the Dancer at the Gates, The CURRENT Earth-H imperiex. If the Tenebrous Ghost cannot unwind time, then it will settle for turning reality into a hell of utter despair.

—————Who is the Heavenly Beast?
A gorgon superhuman with a phoenix godform...or, so people believe, for, in reality, she is the intended avatar of the Tenebrous Ghost. If the Tenebrous Ghost will inhabit this proxy and bring Somewhere Else to THIS level of reality.

—————Can The Tenebrous Ghost exist OUTSIDE of a host mind?
The short answer: no, no it can’t.

The long answer: no, no it can’t, and the reasoning is quite simple—-the Tenebrous Ghost, like most thoughtforms native to the Overworldlabyrinth, has so little physicality to them even the Affects Insubstantial power feat can’t touch them. Both a blessing and a curse, this limitation prevents the Tenebrous Ghost from simply following a Dimensional causeway to Earth-H. It could easily do so, but, without a host mind to nest within, it would have no power to affect corporeal reality.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

[Earth-C]other types of superhumans!

Post by Hoid »

[Earth-C]other types of superhumans native to Earth-C!
Gods, demigods and monsters make up 98% of Earth’s superpowered population, but other, rarer kinds DO exist. FIVE kinds; but, to be specific: APSU’s Brood, cataphractoi, Lotus-Eaters, nephilim and TIAMAT’s Brood!

APSU’s BROOD:
—————Who is APSU?
Located within the very Sea of Apsu he spins out every moment of his existence, APSU (Aberrant Parasitic Sentient Universe) is a universe that almost was—-a failed parallel-Earth that collapsed in on itself and became a cosmic entity. He drifted for billions of years, until finally coming to rest inside an empty Resonance attached to Earth-C. There, APSU began to spin out the Sea of Apsu, creating a home for himself, in which to recover from his long terrifying ordeal.

A cosmic entity-level gravikinetic/telekinetic, APSU has ensnared entire exoplanets in his gravitywell and thieved them across the dimensional boundary into the much more protean Sea of Apsu. These captive worlds he bombards with a form of telepathic radiation, twisting the natives’ flesh like wax and instilling bizarre motivations/impulses onto them.

APSU later went on to create TIAMAT, at the behest of Marduk. He forced Marduk to pay an enormous price for his service, but APSU and Marduk alike have never revealed what that price was, exactly.

—————What are APSU’s Brood?
Exoplanets are not the only things APSU chooses to meddle in. Following Marduk back to Earth, APSU saw malleable humanity, and decided he wanted some playthings, too. Gathering up 616 humans, of all ages, ethnicities and genders, APSU grafted onto them purely memetic ‘implants’—-turning them into ‘hybrids’ and ‘cyborgs’ with illusionary-but-permanent ‘enhancements’. Ranging from ‘cybernetic limbs’ to ‘prehensile tails’ to faux ‘alien physiologies’, all of it phantasmal, APSU’s Brood has been slowly increasing in numbers over the last thousand years. Now, nearly a thousand of his Brood can be found, both in Mesopotamia or in remote locations around the globe.

—————Can another type of superhuman become one of APSU’s Brood?
In theory...yes. It has yet to happen, though. It’s only a matter of time, however, before APSU’s curiosity gets the better of him, and he decides to experiment.

CATAPHRACTOI:
—————What are cataphractoi?
Not all superhumans are necessarily found in Mesopotamia. In the lands that will eventually be called Greece, a tiny brood of Device-melded warriors—-the cataphractoi—-make their homes, fighting and inspiring legends that will eventually formulate into Ancient Greek religion.

Created by Sunsphinx and Tlolkku scientists working at cross purposes, each cataphract is a cyborg, with Demimachine implants granting them various powers...but, in addition, each cataphract has psychically/symbiotically bonded with a single Demimachine weapon, a Device that embodies who each cataphract is.

The Sunsphinx built their base on Mt. Olympus—-their cataphractoi being called Olympians; meanwhile, the Tlolkku’s installation—-Tartarus—-is deep under the surface of the earth, and it’s cataphractoi have come to be known as Titans. The Olympians possess a wide array of incredibly useful abilities, but only number twelve. The Titans are also twelve in number, but they only possess enormous size and strength—-there’s no variety to Titan powers!

Cataphractoi are sterile, but they’ve essentially stopped aging. They fight as proxies in the billion-year-long war between Sunsphinx and Tlolkku...

—————Can another type of superhuman become a cataphract?
In theory...yes.

It has yet to happen...but both sides plan on experimenting in this regard very soon.

LOTUS-EATERS:
—————What are Lotus-Eaters?
Another breed of superhuman found in what will one day be named Greece, Lotus-Eaters are mundane humans who achieve temporary psychic powers by ingesting a rare species of flower found only in Greece—-at the cost of a HIDEOUS addiction!

Though the origins of this Black Lotus seems entirely terrestrial, Annunaki is highly suspicious of it and has forbidden his ‘children’ from ingesting it. To Annunaki, Black Lotus metaphorically smells to high heavens of Tlolkku interference. Placeholder.

—————Can another type of superhuman become a Lotus-Eater?
Sure. Annunaki’s human ‘children’ are a willful lot, and often openly defy his edicts. Several gods and demigods eat Black Lotus.
APSU’s Brood often use Black Lotus, as do Tiamat’s Brood.
Many cataphractoi do as they please, and Black Lotus offers a substantial edge.
Nephilim avoid Black Lotus, as, being half-thoughtform, the psychic herb induces wildly catastrophic mutations in them. Few are crazy enough to try, anymore.

NEPHILIM:
—————What are nephilim?
See here for more detail.

Almost all nephilim dwell in Canaan.

TIAMAT’S BROOD:
—————Who is TIAMAT?
When Marduk conquered the proto-Sumerians early in Annunaki’s stay on Earth, he reached out to various Resonances (‘heavens’) for ‘gods’ that could help him. One such ‘god’ was APSU, heart/generator of the Sea of Apsu. After many months of negotiations, Marduk paid a heavy price he refuses to discuss and, in return, APSU created a thoughtform mega-weapon: TIAMAT.

Like her creator APSU, TIAMAT (Technologically Intelligent Aberrant Mutated Automated Triptych) is a gravikinetic/telekinetic, but, she’s even larger than her maker and has three heads—-each head has a different sort of power.

TIAMAT worked as promised and, when done, as a display of his ‘benevolence’, Marduk sent TIAMAT back to the Sea of Apsu, with orders to never again march forth under the banner of war. To a thoughtform-machine built for war, this order was utterly unacceptable.

Peace was anathema. Something had to be done.

—————What are TIAMAT’s Brood?
Like APSU, TIAMAT found modifying the human body extremely simple. Unlike APSU, however, TIAMAT’s Brood were nothing resembling subtle. Given cybernetic implants and biotech grafts that turned them into draconian horrors, each of these five ‘dragons’ was then released back to Earth.

There, they gather human worshippers and wait for mother’s command to attack.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:50 am Ooohhh,i love me some Nefarious Undertakings....
Well, ‘Jason’ was once a very important person, multiversally-speaking, buuuut, like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun and his wings melted off. Unlike Icarus, however, when Jason plunged into the sea, a metaphorical tsunami erupted that sank most of his realm. He’s been hiding and licking his wounds, ever since.

As for ‘Joshua’, well, he’s got his hands full with events unfolding in his own metaphysical backyard.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I have added:
other superhumans native to Earth-C;
a missive from one imperiex to another about Earth-B’s The Purity;
Earth-L’s strange Resonance called the Overworldlabyrinth;
Earth-N’s Resonance the House of the Wolves;
a message sent up to the Forever Tree from the Infinite Roots.

As well, I’ve done quite a bit of work on fleshing out:
the individual dream-Resonances of the Forever Tree.

I cleaned up some things:
I brought the Majestoi as described in my NPC thread more into line with the Majestoi described in this very thread.

So, check it all out!