The Forever Tree/M&M2e

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Hoid

[Earth-L]The Swimmer of Deepnothing and his companions!

Post by Hoid » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:00 am

[Earth-L]the Swimmer of Deepnothing and his associates!
the Swimmer of Deepnothing
Crunch Writeup: KORE has her barbs in him...
Originally named Arthur Karen, the Swimmer of Deepnothing is over a hundred and thirty years old, but physically is still a fit and Hale man in his twenties. As an Ogremagus, his body only begins to fail a few days before old age claims him—-and that, clearly, has yet to happen!
He and Qishshut were an elderly gay couple, that married as soon as American law allowed such a thing. Their dedication to each other was evident. They’d been together over fifty years, by that point.
Then, the Day If Ogrefalling happened. Snatched up by the jaws of Urizen and infected with Ogresymbiosis, the Swimmer of Deepnothing became an Ogremagus, just as his husband became an Ogresymbiont. Shortly thereafter, the Swimmer budded off an Ogre Doll he named Ramsey.
The Swimmer of Deepnothing was one of the pioneers in the establishing of a global Demiogre civilization. Furthermore, he was one of Earth-L’s first Demiogre oneirkinetics, and could even physically enter the Hibernating Realms (the Prime Dream-Resonance of Earth-L).
Unfortunately, it was while exploring the Hibernating Realms that the Swimmer of Deepnothing met his doom, in the shape of KORE. KORE, an oneiric cosmic entity desiring transformation into a higher-order intelligence, decided to hollow out the Swimner of Deepnothing to ‘wear’ him as a meat-puppet.

Ramsey, the Swimmer’s Ogre Doll
Crunch Writeup: ...and even Ramsey is in KORE’s unknowing service.
An Ogre Doll, Ramsey began life as a literal tumor on the side of the Swimmer of Deepnothing. The tumor kept growing, and, eventually fell clean off. A few days later, Ramsey hatched, ready to serve his ‘greatersourceself’.
Placeholder.

Qishshut
Crunch Writeup: Another pawn of KORE.
Originally named Robert Karen, Qishshut is over one hundred and twenty years old, but physically is still a fit and Hale man in his twenties. As an Ogresymbiont, his body only begins to fail a few days after old age claims him—-and that, clearly, has yet to happen!
He and the Swimmer of Deepnothing were an elderly gay couple that married as soon as American law allowed such a thing to happen. It wasn’t needed, as the two’d been together for over fifty years, but, the symbolism of it all mattered to both men.
Then, the Day of Ogrefalling happened. Snatched up by the jaws of Urizen, Qishshut was infected with Ogresymbiosis and became an Ogresymbiont, just as his husband became an Ogremagus.
Qishshut, along with the Swimmer of Deepnothing, is one of the founders of modern Demiogre culture, language and spirituality. Furthermore, he eagerly helped his husband literally physical map out Earth-L’s Hibernating Realms. It was a marriage full of excitement and adventure.
Then, both men met KORE, and Qishshut’s cowardice damned the Swimmer of Deepnothing to non-sentience. KORE, an oneiric cosmic entity desiring transformation into a higher-order intelligence, decided to hollow out the Swimner of Deepnothing to ‘wear’ him as a meat-puppet.
Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoid

[Multiverse-wide]The Tlolkku Obserr Generals, I of III.

Post by Hoid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:06 am

[The Forever Tree’s parallel-Earths]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals Part I of III.
Here’re the Tlolkku Observer-Generals of the parallel-Earths of the Forever Tree.
Crunch Writeup: BEHOLD...!

Earth-A: Sollune.
Placeholder.

Earth-B: Metamorphilosopher.
Placeholder.

Earth-C: ELL.
Placeholder.

Earth-D: Bloodywulf.
Placeholder.

Earth-E: Cipher.
Placeholder.

Earth-F: Raptor.
Placeholder.

Earth-G: Deiphyla.
Placeholder.

Earth-H: She Who Comprehends.
Placeholder.

Earth-I: Osseus Shell.
Placeholder.

Earth-J: Skiesserene.
Placeholder.

Earth-K: Gigantomorph.
Placeholder.

Earth-L: Owtsydr.
We are the supreme form of life, the Tlolkku tell themselves, and all other living things exist only at our sufferance. Other beings are but motes, here and gone, while we endure forever. Despite this being a frankly false belief, it nevertheless pervades Tlolkku culture and civilization. They even view the Sunsphinx as mere pretenders to Tlolkku glory. It’s why Tlolkku hate Starvampires so much—-the only equals the Tlolkku accept are their undead cousins, and this is a blight they cannot accept.

Owtsydr, therefore, has committed the ultimate sin: he has more than accepted a non-Tlolkku as his equal, he’s her mate. While Tlolkku lack marriage as humans understand it, mated pairs are something sacred to them. It acknowledges someone else as being more than just your equal, but as a trusted equal. And, in the academic viper-pit that is Tlolkku society, this is a powerful statement. Placeholder.

Earth-M: Morphean.
Placeholder.

Earth-N: Romularus.
Placeholder.

Earth-O: der Hexengeist.
Placeholder.

Earth-P: 4-Saykinh.
Placeholder.

Earth-Q: Nemesis/Sun.
Placeholder.

Earth-R: the Manichaean.
I am a loyal son of my people, the people. i am afloat. help me i’m drowning. I have advanced science greatly with my daring researches into previously forbidden territory. its worming it’s way inside now i can’t find my way out help. I am celebrated by all—-which is why I am appointed Observer-General of Designate-R. i can feel it’s jaws in my brain. It is a great honor. EEEEEEEEE I am well-pleased by these accolades. let me go let me go let me go! My life is exactly as it should be. phthaghn. Nothing is amiss. help me. Everything is fine, thank you for asking.gods of my ancestors i am not as i am as i am not. I am overjoyed at the benevolence shown me by Supreme Scientist Lirunaur. STOP STRUGGLING AND THE PAIN WILL CEASE. Happy. yes. no. no! Yes. YES. Happy. FHTHAGHN.

Earth-S: Gargant.
Placeholder.

Earth-T: Hydra.
Placeholder.

Earth-U: Antaeus.
Placeholder.

Earth-V: That Which Stands Apart From all the Others.
That Which Stands Apart From All the Others is actually TWO entities, puppetted from afar by one hostile non-Tlolkku Intelligence, which has effortlessly infiltrated Tlolkku civilization and society. Placeholder.

Earth-W: Bahamoath.
Placeholder.

Earth-X: the Runesmith.
Placeholder.

Earth-Y: He Who Devours Thoughts.
Placeholder.

Earth-Z: Udaeus.
Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Hoid

[Multiverse-wide]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals, Part II of III.

Post by Hoid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am

[The Forever Tree’s Perpendiculars]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals. Part II of III.
Here’re the Tlolkku Observer-Generals of five of the six Perpendiculars of the Forever Tree. Placeholder.
Crunch Writeup: Here—-...!

Perpendicular-1: ’Copperbones’.
Placeholder.

Peroendicular-2: sUt.
Crunch Writeup: ...here, O traveler, is the answer to thy questions!...
SUt is dealt with, elsewhere.

Perpendicular-3: Ixion.
Placeholder.

Perpwndicular-4: Necronaut.
Placeholder.

Perpendicular-5: the Forsaken Disciple.
Placeholder.