The Forever Tree/M&M2e

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Hoid

[Earth-L]The Swimmer of Deepnothing and his companions!

Post by Hoid » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:00 am

[Earth-L]the Swimmer of Deepnothing and his associates!
the Swimmer of Deepnothing
Crunch Writeup: KORE has her barbs in him...
Originally named Arthur Karen, the Swimmer of Deepnothing is over a hundred and thirty years old, but physically is still a fit and Hale man in his twenties. As an Ogremagus, his body only begins to fail a few days before old age claims him—-and that, clearly, has yet to happen!
He and Qishshut were an elderly gay couple, that married as soon as American law allowed such a thing. Their dedication to each other was evident. They’d been together over fifty years, by that point.
Then, the Day If Ogrefalling happened. Snatched up by the jaws of Urizen and infected with Ogresymbiosis, the Swimmer of Deepnothing became an Ogremagus, just as his husband became an Ogresymbiont. Shortly thereafter, the Swimmer budded off an Ogre Doll he named Ramsey.
The Swimmer of Deepnothing was one of the pioneers in the establishing of a global Demiogre civilization. Furthermore, he was one of Earth-L’s first Demiogre oneirkinetics, and could even physically enter the Hibernating Realms (the Prime Dream-Resonance of Earth-L).
Unfortunately, it was while exploring the Hibernating Realms that the Swimmer of Deepnothing met his doom, in the shape of KORE. KORE, an oneiric cosmic entity desiring transformation into a higher-order intelligence, decided to hollow out the Swimner of Deepnothing to ‘wear’ him as a meat-puppet.

Ramsey, the Swimmer’s Ogre Doll
Crunch Writeup: ...and even Ramsey is in KORE’s unknowing service.
An Ogre Doll, Ramsey began life as a literal tumor on the side of the Swimmer of Deepnothing. The tumor kept growing, and, eventually fell clean off. A few days later, Ramsey hatched, ready to serve his ‘greatersourceself’.
Placeholder.

Qishshut
Crunch Writeup: Another pawn of KORE.
Originally named Robert Karen, Qishshut is over one hundred and twenty years old, but physically is still a fit and Hale man in his twenties. As an Ogresymbiont, his body only begins to fail a few days after old age claims him—-and that, clearly, has yet to happen!
He and the Swimmer of Deepnothing were an elderly gay couple that married as soon as American law allowed such a thing to happen. It wasn’t needed, as the two’d been together for over fifty years, but, the symbolism of it all mattered to both men.
Then, the Day of Ogrefalling happened. Snatched up by the jaws of Urizen, Qishshut was infected with Ogresymbiosis and became an Ogresymbiont, just as his husband became an Ogremagus.
Qishshut, along with the Swimmer of Deepnothing, is one of the founders of modern Demiogre culture, language and spirituality. Furthermore, he eagerly helped his husband literally physical map out Earth-L’s Hibernating Realms. It was a marriage full of excitement and adventure.
Then, both men met KORE, and Qishshut’s cowardice damned the Swimmer of Deepnothing to non-sentience. KORE, an oneiric cosmic entity desiring transformation into a higher-order intelligence, decided to hollow out the Swimner of Deepnothing to ‘wear’ him as a meat-puppet.
Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoid

[Multiverse-wide]The Tlolkku Obserr Generals, I of III.

Post by Hoid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:06 am

[The Forever Tree’s parallel-Earths]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals Part I of III.
Here’re the Tlolkku Observer-Generals of the parallel-Earths of the Forever Tree.
Crunch Writeup: BEHOLD...!

Earth-A: Sollune.
Placeholder.

Earth-B: Metamorphilosopher.
A fervent user of the Tlolkku drug metamorphilosophy, Metamorphilosopher is a shapeshifting of limited power, but great versitility. A great-granddaughter of the previous Earth-B Observer-General, Metamorphilosopher gained her position in the traditional Tlolkku manner—-namely, assassinating the old codger and pinning the blame on someone else.

Though born female, Metamorphilosopher has switched genders so many times that gender has become meaningless to her.

Metamorphilosopher is obsessed with capturing and vivisection the Dream Moth—-and giving herself his IMMENSE power. Lirunaur is aware of this plan of hers, and has covertly acted to ensure each attempt by Metamorphilosopher to successfully carry through this agenda fails miserably—-all without implicating Lirunaur in the least.

Earth-C: ELL.
Placeholder.

Earth-D: Bloodywulf.
Placeholder.

Earth-E: Cipher.
Placeholder.

Earth-F: Raptor.
Placeholder.

Earth-G: Deiphyla.
Placeholder.

Earth-H: She Who Comprehends.
Placeholder.

Earth-I: Osseus Shell.
Placeholder.

Earth-J: Skiesserene.
Placeholder.

Earth-K: Gigantomorph.
Placeholder.

Earth-L: Owtsydr.
We are the supreme form of life, the Tlolkku tell themselves, and all other living things exist only at our sufferance. Other beings are but motes, here and gone, while we endure forever. Despite this being a frankly false belief, it nevertheless pervades Tlolkku culture and civilization. They even view the Sunsphinx as mere pretenders to Tlolkku glory. It’s why Tlolkku hate Starvampires so much—-the only equals the Tlolkku accept are their undead cousins, and this is a blight they cannot accept.

Owtsydr, therefore, has committed the ultimate sin: he has more than accepted a non-Tlolkku as his equal, he’s her mate. While Tlolkku lack marriage as humans understand it, mated pairs are something sacred to them. It acknowledges someone else as being more than just your equal, but as a trusted equal. And, in the academic viper-pit that is Tlolkku society, this is a powerful statement. Placeholder.

Earth-M: Morphean.
Placeholder.

Earth-N: Romularus.
Placeholder.

Earth-O: der Hexengeist.
Placeholder.

Earth-P: 4-Saykinh.
Placeholder.

Earth-Q: Nemesis/Sun.
Placeholder.

Earth-R: the Manichaean.
I am a loyal son of my people, the people. i am afloat. help me i’m drowning. I have advanced science greatly with my daring researches into previously forbidden territory. its worming it’s way inside now i can’t find my way out help. I am celebrated by all—-which is why I am appointed Observer-General of Designate-R. i can feel it’s jaws in my brain. It is a great honor. EEEEEEEEE I am well-pleased by these accolades. let me go let me go let me go! My life is exactly as it should be. phthaghn. Nothing is amiss. help me. Everything is fine, thank you for asking.gods of my ancestors i am not as i am as i am not. I am overjoyed at the benevolence shown me by Supreme Scientist Lirunaur. STOP STRUGGLING AND THE PAIN WILL CEASE. Happy. yes. no. no! Yes. YES. Happy. FHTHAGHN.

Earth-S: Gargant.
Placeholder.

Earth-T: Hydra.
Placeholder.

Earth-U: Antaeus.
Placeholder.

Earth-V: That Which Stands Apart From all the Others.
That Which Stands Apart From All the Others is actually TWO entities, puppetted from afar by one hostile non-Tlolkku Intelligence, which has effortlessly infiltrated Tlolkku civilization and society. Placeholder.

Earth-W: Bahamoath.
Placeholder.

Earth-X: the Runesmith.
Placeholder.

Earth-Y: He Who Devours Thoughts.
Placeholder.

Earth-Z: Udaeus.
Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 43 times in total.

Hoid

[Multiverse-wide]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals, Part II of III.

Post by Hoid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am

[The Forever Tree’s Perpendiculars]The Tlolkku Observer-Generals. Part II of III.
Here’re the Tlolkku Observer-Generals of five of the six Perpendiculars of the Forever Tree. Placeholder.
Crunch Writeup: Here—-...!

Perpendicular-1: ’Copperbones’.
Placeholder.

Peroendicular-2: sUt.
Crunch Writeup: ...here, O traveler, is the answer to thy questions!...
SUt is dealt with, elsewhere.

Perpendicular-3: Ixion.
Ixion, Ixion,
Flew too close to the sun.
Ixion, Ixion,
Nowhere left to run.
Ixion, Ixion,
Leader of the pack.
Ixion, Ixion,
Never coming back.
Ixion, Ixion,
Slit his own damn throat,
Ixion, Ixion,
When he tried to fly that boat.
Ixion, Ixion,
Killed everyone of them.
Ixion, Ixion,
Exiled to the realm of men.

Placeholder.

Perpwndicular-4: Necronaut.
Once, I was like you: alive. Vibrant. Happy, even. I had ambition and intelligence and the will to succeed.

Then, I died. Then, I came back, changed.

Among the True People, the soul, even the very concept of the soul, is considered a dangerous myth. One...simply ceases to be, upon death. One just...winks out, gone. Forever. Resurrection technology has never been our forte. The worthy lived; the unworthy died: why resuscitate the unworthy? Tlolkku never sought such knowledge, for, we thought, there was no knowledge to gain in the FIRST place.

Oh, how we were wrong.
Placeholder.

Perpendicular-5: the Forsaken Disciple.
Never Let It Be Said That Kknowledge Comes Without It’s Due Share Of Suffering.
In My Hubris, I Looked Into The ABYSS And The ABYSS Tore Out My Soul And Replaced It With A Tainited, Empty Core. Placeholder.
Last edited by Hoid on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hoid

[Multiverse-wide]A Tlolkku missive!

Post by Hoid » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 pm

[Multiverse-wide]A pair of Tlolkku communications.
”To our lord, mighty Lirunaur,
“Our research into cosmic prognostication has reached a most final conclusion. All our test-subjects are dead. Making contact with our counterparts below burnt out their brains and rendered them vegetative. No attempt at neural regeneration has succeeded.

“But our project has also been successful. It is my pleasure to announce a successful First Contact with what we refer to as Multiverse-2. We sent a series of messages, and received a series of coherent replies:
Querry: Can you understand us?
Reply: We hear you. Little cousins. Little reflections. Pure images of a warped mirror. Yes, we hear you.
Querry: Is it possible to have a face-to-face meeting? We are most eager to see how you...we...have progressed.
Reply: Yes.
Querry: Weve marked a location of the dimensional map we sent you. Is this spot agreeable for our historic summit?
Reply: To stand in the light is agreeable. Wherever you choose is agreeable. We are most eager to see what you have, up there amidst the brilliance.
Querry: We have little in the way of professional diplomats. Do you find it agreeable if we send a diplomatically programmed robot along with our own people?
Reply: Send whomever you wish. It is all the same, to us.

“They have agreed to a meeting! How fortuitous! We await your commands before proceeding further.
For the glory of the True People!”

—-

“This is Supreme Scientist Lirunaur, to Project: MIRROR-IMAGE,
“We are most pleased by this turn of events. Do not proceed any further until my negotiators arrive. They’ll be arriving via diplomatic ark. You are to extend the diplomats a warm, friendly welcome. They will be essential to the next step in the process.

“Promotions for everyone involved are assured. Lock down the facility, enter quarantine protocols. The diplomats will be bringing news of reassignments for all non-essential personnel, as is customary.

“We expect great results from further exploration and exploitation of this mission.
For the glory of the True People.”

—-

”It is done. Tlolkku base firebombed. No survivors. No distrsss call was sent; the deception worked perfectly. Recommend further observation of the Tlolkku’s involvement in the Roots.”
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hoid

Re: The Forever Tree/M&M2e

Post by Hoid » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:14 am

I’ll be touching up a huge number of these posts, fleshing out a lot of material that is essential to the setting but I was too lazy to work on ‘til now. Tomorrow, that is.