[Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
zackepic22

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Post by zackepic22 »

Hoid wrote:Androids and robots are major races, in The Cradle, and're given full legal rights. Ironically, disembodied AIs cannot exist without magic to 'buoy' it up. The reasons for this've never been very clear, even to the greatest High Scientists.
Does it have to be /all/ Androids and robots that have legal rights...?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Fiends come from beyond the known galaxy, sailing the deeps between galaxies in vast, miles-long 'world-ships': Ankerok (the CE world-ship), Besht-i-halllid (the LE world-ship) and Cestaxine (the NE world-ship).
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

zackepic22 wrote:
Hoid wrote:Androids and robots are major races, in The Cradle, and're given full legal rights. Ironically, disembodied AIs cannot exist without magic to 'buoy' it up. The reasons for this've never been very clear, even to the greatest High Scientists.
Does it have to be /all/ Androids and robots that have legal rights...?
Of course not!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Lich, Ancient Mist
The eldest of the dead

When the cataclysm was suddenly ended by the True Gods, they began to cull the undead, and while they largely successful there were still some who eluded True Death. Among those that escaped included several of the First Liches. Their power has continued to grow, as has the disease that twisted their bodies continued to progress. In time their bodies crumbled to dust, but that dust remained animate and continued on for millions of years, until some of them heard the call of Nox. They may be older then the god of undeath, but they nonetheless have sworn loyalty unto him and act as his strongest and wisest generals.

There are currently only six of them remaining by now, and they are all very powerful incorporeal undead. The living may easily confuse them with ghosts or wraiths, but the truth is far worse for them.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Marag:
NG 'male' greater deity.
Portfolio: animals, magical beasts, vermin.
Clerics' Alignments: NG, N, CN.
Domains/Subdomains: Animal [Feathers, Fur], Earth, Good [Agathion], Magic [Arcane Magic].
Holy Symbol: a cube coated in blue moss.
Marag is the NG male greater deity of animals, magical beasts and vermin. An Earth-like planet, the only sentient beings on Marag's surface are various magical beasts. Here, sphinxes rule supreme, and are advised by their ki-rin lieutenants and protected by lamassu bodyguards.
Last edited by Hoid on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm, I wonder, do you think having an equal number of all alignments for the Greater Deities is too restrictive?
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Hmm, I wonder, do you think having an equal number of all alignments for the Greater Deities is too restrictive?
Not at all! Moons could be weaker gods.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoid wrote:
Doctor Malsyn wrote:Hmm, I wonder, do you think having an equal number of all alignments for the Greater Deities is too restrictive?
Righto. I should mention then, that the True Neutral slots have been taken up by Nyshisa (Goddess of Travel and Illusions{Might change}) and Dji-Ton-Fū (God of Pacts and Mediation). Marag could probably work well as a NG goddess, though, a counter-balance to Nox in a way.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Hoid wrote:
Righto. I should mention then, that the True Neutral slots have been taken up by Nyshisa (Goddess of Travel and Illusions{Might change}) and Dji-Ton-Fū (God of Pacts and Mediation). Marag could probably work well as a NG goddess, though, a counter-balance to Nox in a way.
Ok!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Cradle
The primary solar system of the setting.

Yolla-Sha (Prime Star) is a Yellow star, and is encircled by the planet Bursu and it's twin moons Cherock and ?. Terrakugh, which has no moons, is the second inhabitable world that orbits the yellow star. Yolla-Sha is also, more distantly, orbited by Tin-Yan(Twin Greater) and Tin-Ban(Twin Lesser)- Elsyarin by the elves, two blue dwarf stars who constantly dance around eachother. The Twins are orbited by the remaining four planets, each with a differing number of moons.

Will update this as more planets and moons are revealed and named
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oorli is the LN Greater Diety of Magic, Order, and Knowledge. She takes the form of a large planet composed largely of carbon, and houses crystals of all shapes and type. Rivers and lakes of liquid magic snake all over her surface, glowing ominously in the black. Oorli asserted herself as the goddess of magic shortly after her emergence, as she marveled at the more subtle influence it played at large. In her spare time she has been delving into the mysteries of mortals and their 'essence', growing ever closer towards unraveling the truth.
------------
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Hybrids are actually fairly commonplace among the Cradle. While Elves, Dwarves, Humans, and etc. are different enough not to be able to directly interbreed, genetically engineered 'True' hybrid babies-As in, between like Elves/Humans, Elves/Dwarves, etc., not different subspecies/races of the same race-are often made for different species couples, and, for the most part, seem to be just as loved as naturally species babies, and, there are interracial couples of many different races and species in the Cradle!

Starkin are Human/Elf hybrids.

Moonkin are Dwarf/Elf hybrids.

Terrakin are Dwarf/Human hybrids.

Expect more 'True' hybrid races to be listed here in the future
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ratfolk were a species that was uplifted by the aboleth some several hundred thousand years ago. They are native to Cherock, one of Bursur's twin moons, and now have a few colonies across the system. They are known as having a real good head for technology, and are prone to an inventive streak.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Planets of the Cradle are linked by a single government known as Sapient Coalition, formed during a war for unification four hundred years ago. They exist as a council of several different 'member-states' that exist on the various worlds. In a way, the idea of them being a unified nation is more of an illusion, as member-states and races still hold tensions even after all this time.

Their official language is an artificial one made after the unification, called General. Everything written is usually published first in General, before it deviates into cultural tongues. Most people are expected to learn it even if it's not their native language.

The capital of the Coalation exists as a large space station between Terrakugh and the Twin Stars sub-system.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Great Obsidian Mass:
CE 'male' greater deity.
Portfolio: EMPs, mutation, radiation, solar flares.
Clerics' Alignments: CN, NE, CE.
Domains/Subdomains: Artifice, Destruction [Catastrophe], Fire, Void [Dark Tapestry].
Holy Symbol: a perfectly black and perfectly smooth sphere.
The Great Obsidian Mass is the CE male greater deity of electromagnetic pulses, mutation, radiation and solar flares. Manifesting as a planet of absolutely black color so close to its sun it may as well be kissing the damn thing, the Great Obsidian Mass is the literally hottest planet in the galaxy. Nothing lives on his surface; nothing is capable of doing so!
Last edited by Hoid on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.