[Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Iori is the NG Greater Diety of Unity, Love, and Peaceful resolutions. Her planet has an even mixture of volcanic badlands and pleasant meadows with the general resemblance of a taijitu, and is orbited by both a molten rock and a garden-like moon. They are all inhabited by a variety of races and species appropriate for their general terrain, but dragons seem to play the most prominent roll.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Dragon Imperium is a mysterious organization of dragon-worshipping aberrations, found in deep space, well beyond The Cradle. Not a star-nation, the Dragon Imperium is more a brotherhood than a kingdom.

Composed entirely by aberrations and led by half-outer dragon aberrations, the Dragon Imperium has become utterly FASCINATED with The Cradle. The Dragon Imperium has sent a will'o'the'wisp ambassador (Emkaei [CN genderless half-time dragon will'o'the'wisp, diviner 9]) and its pair of hired wychwyrd bodyguards (Nor [N male wychwyrd, gunslinger 10] and Noth [N male wychwyrd, evoker 7]) for reasons as yet unclear.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Over Two billion years old, and evolved from a reptilian species on Terrakugh, the Dragons and their anthromorphic Descendants were quite possibly the most intelligent life in the universe at one point. Once having their own powerful universe spanning empire, they ended up splitting up due to different technological philosophies-as opposed to moral ones-with the Chromatic ones having developed powerful, purely biological tech, and Metallic ones developing powerful Magitek.

While not nearly as prominent anymore, Dragons and their ancient technologies are still found all over the universe.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Synthesis archetype summoners are a dime-a-dozen, with a huuuuuge number of them multiclassing into the technomage prestige class. For these 'sephira' ('worlds'), their eidolons take the form of cutting-edge power-armor!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's no such thing as an "inner plane" within this universe. Instead, summoners who call upon forces normally native to the inner planes are instead conjuring beings from the Primal Worlds, a solar system rumored to exist at the heart of the universe. The mana that should be involved in such a vast teleportative distances should in theory be immense, but results prove otherwise for reasons unknown.

Solar System Layout
Vita, The Sun: Represents the plane of Positive Energy.

lacuna, Space: Represents the plane of Negative Energy.

Flamma, The First Planet: Represents the plane of Fire.

Terra, The Second Planet: Represents the plane of Earth.

Aqua, The Third Planet: Represents the plane of Water.

Aeris, The Fourth Planet: Represents the plane of Air.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

People are not 'planestouched', they are 'primalized'. This refers mostly to beings that have ties to the Primal Worlds but the term has been adopted for all forms of humanoids modified by Outsider sources. A being of any sapient species may become primalized, showing traces of both heritages. The most common of these primalized beings are ifrit, oread, undine, and sylph.
------------
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

The 'Star of Yolla-Sha' is not a star, but rather the Cradle's largest and most multi-racial Conglomerate, made up of over 100 companies. The Star of Yolla-Sha does trade all over the cradle, including every planet and moon, and even on at least a few Gods. They're lead by the Male High Elf, Alzyr Solria, President, CEO and Owner of the Conglomerate parent company, Yolla-Sha Incorporated. Y-SI's main headquarters is a massive formerly Elven space station that Alzyr grew up on.

While The Star of Yolla-Sha is the Cradle's strongest economic power, said power also seems to allow them to pursue more immoral methods of business in the Cradle's blackmarket...
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

...What, too sci-fi, or too modern, or-?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nah, things are jusr a bit slow because of the holidays I suspect
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

zackepic22 wrote:...What, too sci-fi, or too modern, or-?
Reading some Kindle books, personally.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The pneumatics are mechanical men---warforged---created by advanced magic stolen from the Outermost---the edge of the known universe, where reality breaks down and everything freezes. These pneumatics are a skilled workforce.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Outermost is the unpoetic name for the outer edges of the known multiverse, far from the Prime Ignition, and a frozen hell. Full of dimly lit dying suns and planets so ancient as to be tens of billions of years old, even journying to the Outermost takes decades of ship-based travel.

In the Outermost few races/civilizations have endured the long billions of years; those that have are decadent, savage and cursed with remnants of once-great magics. What little life is here left its glory days behind a billion or more years ago, and now sits and rots in the carcass of a region past its prime.

Wandering the Outermost is the Geomantic Operant Drive (G.O.D.), the oldest still-functioning starship in existence. The G.O.D.'s crew no longer know they're aboard a spaceship, instead believing it to be a world. Consisting of aberrations of some unknown kind, the crew worships the ship's unraveling AIs as 'gods'. They no longer know how to pilot or even maintenance the G.O.D., and the ship may well be beyond any repair at this point.

The G.O.D.'s king, or qipitin, is Aqsrur biloOxeateyu (CN hermaphrodite brethedean, aberrant bloodline sorcerer 1/expert ['cleric'] 1/scroll duelist wizard 6).
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Charybdis, planet of the dead:
Many planets are given over to epic-scaled cemeteries, but none are more infamous than Charybdis. Once a place sacred to all races and religions, desolate Charybdis was overrun countless hundreds of millennia ago by undead.

A dead world to begin with, Charybdis is covered entirely by miles-wide mausoleums, city-sized temples celebrating death and forlorn palaces containing dead monarchs stabbing miles into the grim ash-filled skies.

Long ago, the undead rose up and seized Charybdis in a year-long orgy of destruction. Defiling every single tomb with the curse of undeath, this Blackened Host of rotting abominations has since become something even more tumorous than 'mere' necromancy: Charybdis itself has become undead.

Ruling over black, dead Charybdis is King Ausiric the Dead (CR19 CE male human, necroborg 10/necromancer 2/steamborg 7), a 'necrocyborg' of incredible powers and a smattering of genuine necromancy, too!

(NOTE: The necroborg prestige class and the steamborg core class are from the extremely excellent DragonMech setting, by Goodman Games. Much gratitude to the guys at Goodman Games for cooking up something as weird and wonderful as DragonMech!)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ok, 'prettied up' my deity entries! So...to infinity...and beyond!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, now that You've done that, I kinda have to put more. ;p Right, hold on a tick... I'll go back and edit my own dieties later as well.
------------