[Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
zackepic22

[Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Post by zackepic22 »

Alright, so, who knows if any new people are actually going to jump in here, but, check out the first post of the first collab thread Hoid made, and, just sort of think of maybe similar rules applying here?

The System
Divinity and the Races Evolution all the way.
The system itself Six Planets, twelve moon, and three suns.
Terrakugh The Planet of Dwarves
Bursu The Main Human planet
Elsyarin and Elven Space stations The main cities of the Elves

The Gods
Arrival of the first God

The Races
Aberrations Technology rich, yet magically weak aliens
Dwarves Inhabitants of Terrakugh, and builders of the 'Mountains'.
Elves From former slaves, to magitek-making marvels.
Humans Once mighty, now not as mighty
Last edited by zackepic22 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zackepic22

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaborative world-building thread number two!

Post by zackepic22 »

The name of this world? Well, it's not just one planet, but, six planets and twelve moons in the same system around three magical suns. At least a good chunk of races in the system are capable of using magical vessels-and, even some magitek vessels-for travel around it. All of the gods in the universe are descended from a single divine True Neutral Greater deity mother in one way or another.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The divine had no hand in the creation of the mortal races that inhabit the universe, and as such all races evolved in some way or form.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

One of the six planets is Terrakugh, a planet prosperous in life, with multiple biomes, yet vicious wild life. Multiple Dwarven Species evolved on this planet, descended from a stout, semi-sentient ape-like race named the Dwaree. Dwarves are responsible for much of the tech on the planet, including the 'Mountains', giant mobile tanks, that essentially function as both giant bases and large cities for most of Dwarfkind.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The gods of this reality... did not come from this reality. Indeed, this universe was completely goddless until a near two hundred thousand years prior when the Nyshisa, the True Neutral greater diety of Travel and Illusions arrived and integrated herself.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Aberrations are literally aliens, coming from planets in distant galaxies and have technology on an astonishing scale---bizarre technology, but technology. Aberrations aren't quite as good at magic as a consequence.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Humans have been in existence for a long, long time. They are an extra-galactic species, who once had a powerful spacebourne empire... 500 million years ago. Today, they exist as remnants, their empire long collapsed from things nobody remembers. They exist in the primary system of the setting, on several of the worlds, but primarily Bursu.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Elves were actually genetically engineered modified Humans from 300 million years ago. They were made for the purpose of being a magically gifted slave race to the human empire. However, the first elves rebelled, and quickly gained their freedom. Almost all Elven races possess advanced magitek, and, while they may set up outpost 'villages' and 'towns' on the planets and moons of the system, most live in giant space station cities, with the most populated Elven city being the Magitek Dyson Sphere 'Godcity' of Elsyarin, named after the magical sun it surrounds, which is also the smallest of the system's three suns.
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

...So, wait, is my post about the Elves being Genetically Engineered contradictory to what you said about all races having been evolved in some way or form, or-?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I would say, probably not, as I had listed that to broadly indicate that the gods didn't create anyone... because the gods werent there to do so!
------------
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:I would say, probably not, as I had listed that to broadly indicate that the gods didn't create anyone... because the gods werent there to do so!
Ah. XD
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The aboleth are, as a whole, a race of benevolent perfectionists. Their origins are obscure, but they are likely this galaxy's eldest original inhabitants. Their actions within The Cradle are diverse, and range from the uplifting of various species to the clensing of threats. In recent times there has been a split of ethics, with the extremists taking root in terrible myths and legends, while the traditionalists remain true and seek to help from the sidelines.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A magicaly enhanced nano-plague wracking the galaxy was what brought about divine intervention at last, as untold billions prayed for something to come about and save them. Their collective prayer energy summoned the goddess of travel from another universe, but it was almost too late. She was only capable of protecting a single solar system from the untold devestation, while the rest of the galaxy soon sat empty and lifeless.

This solar system is known as The Cradle, home to a great number of new and strange species she gathered from across the cosmos and transplanted there.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Gods are planets, actually being spherical Colossal+ outsiders with the 'elemental' and 'giant' subtypes. Originally memetic sentiences, they curved space/time and accumulated mass. They shortly thereafter became manifest in the Material Plane.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There are eighteen "True-Gods" who exist in equal numbers of alignment, and exist as eighteen exo-planets that orbit outside of The Cradle. Some are home to life of their own, but most are inhospitable. They may have differing alignments, personalities, and goals, but all of them swore to protect The Cradle from the nanoplague. They are also the only beings classified as being "Greater Dietys".
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------