[Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Hoid

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Post by Hoid »

The largest temple in Kor is the House Re-Magnified, a huge cathedral to Anqu. The high priestess of the House Re-Magnified is Gravestone Mother Daeleae (CR16 NE female zombie lord dwarf, bones spirit shaman 5 of Anqu/master of shrouds 6/undead bloodline sorcerer 4), and she oversees the hold's funerals and graveyards. (In Kor, Anqu is more worshipped for her dominion over gravestones than earth, itself.)
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Lensman is an Ind cloudship famous world-'round for its treyukafeekulu (Elven for 'farcasting magic tree'): a great glass lens, salvaged from one of the oldest elves ruins to be found within a thousand miles of Ind, that amplifies occult magic cast through it.

(In game terms, an occult character may cast an additional spell per spell level per day, so long as the treyukafeekulu is used as a focus.)

Captained by Anderoas the Silver (CR16 CG male human, air kineticist 16) and crewed entirely by low-level occult characters, the Lensman is world-reknowned for its exploratory missions. The Lensman at the frontier of any new frontier.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Less then a dozen years after the first cloudship, rumors began to filter from crewman about a strange monster that roamed the skys, using clouds as cover. How it would wait untill people change shifts at night, let their guard down with a drink, distracted by a game, and then like a flash it would strike. There
wouldn't be a scream, no indication of anything at all, but they would suddenly be several men short. Grounded folk consider this to be a tall tale, and even most newer cloudmen doubt them. But the veterans know there's something out there...

...And out there it is! The R'ktthckk'Xx, translated as "The sky will burn", is living cloudship created by the aboleth. It was in fact grown from an aboleth, one who volunteered themself for the project. They now roam the sky in search of victims, but whatever is done to them is a mystery...

He is a CR 15 NE colossal Aberration with uncanny stealth capabilities, and is limited to sustaining themself using leylines like all cloudships. Clouds are his playthings, and he uses them to his advantage. R'ktthckk'Xx is nocturnal and only hunts at night, resting in the upper cloud layer durring the day.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Fleshed out more of Kor, It just needs me to write a history for it... which I may get around to, eventually. I've used your idea for gargoyles in the Iron palace and created a leader I thought might be interesting, using a class we hadn't yet implemented, and I included an udaeoi refugee center within the undercity (There's about 5000 of 'em there).
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While they may have been created by older races in the past, Golems have long since become trademarks of dwarven magic. Typically constructed of stone or metal, their golems also exist as works of art. Iconography, scripture, or sculptures are all common trademarks of a dwarven golem. Many people can purchase or lease them from specialty stores, a worthwhile investment despite the hefty prices. They are a common site in dwarven cities, often used in place of beasts of burden when one can afford it. A traveler of the deep-roads might also spot a lone golem performing tasks for their master, a barely notable encounter so long as you don't interfere and incur their wrath.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Seraphim Wheels:
Seraphim Wheels are the culmination of Ind's long association with the vast array of quasideities---in this case, Good quasideities! Celestial machines of exquisite make, Seraphim Wheels are mechanical forges capable of consuming wood and mass-producing celestial wyrwoods ('skytreees') and half-celestial wyrwoods ('heaventrees').

Known as the Sessile Legion, these heavenly constructs normally stay rooted in the ground and disguised as the outermost ring of the Möbius Woodlands. But, when Ind marches to war, the normally immobile Sessile Legion animates and falls into line.

Operating the seven Seraphim Wheels are cloistered clerics and qinggong monks, both devoted to Turug, led by Prime-Artificer Nami (CR13 LG female human, cloistered cleric 11 of Turug/warpriest 2 of Turug).

Leading the Sessile Legion is the Most Ancient Mane'd Oak (CR14 LN 'male' wyrwood, lion shaman druid 7 of Turug/monk 7).
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I 'prettied up' some of my old entries!