[Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Hoid

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Hoid wrote:
zackepic22 wrote:Don't forget about Guruggish.
You might want to tone that one down. If he skyrocketed to power even after being defeated and slain, then why isn't he ruling the multiverse?
Indeed, especially with him almost a way challenging The Dark Mistress's dominion over fiends, by merely existing. Personally, I'd keep him as a lesser deity at the most, as I did the same with Dawn as the god of undeath. Didn't feel right having a mortal-turned-god any higher then that, unless one of the deities willingly allowed for it.
Urtarin doesn't seem like the 'sharing' type, anyway!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, after working on this for so long, I found myself wanting to actually play in it now...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:You know, after working on this for so long, I found myself wanting to actually play in it now...
You're not the only one! However, it still needs a lot of more work, before its 'test-run ready'.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The constellations: what are they, in reality? As the Unfiltered Void is too vast and sanity-shattering for mortals to directly gaze upon, the gods, led by Tinto, spread a conceptual 'cloth' over the sky---giving mortals a beautiful ocean of light, rather than the terrifying nothing filled with horrors that it really is.

Each god has a constellation of their own, put there by Tinto at that god's request. (However, demigods and quasigods don't possess constellations.) This constellation is used by that god's followers to discern their deity's desires.

Each constellation has mythology associated with it, keyed to the deity in question. As they are a window to what the gods are planning, casting divination spells under the clear night sky increases or decreases (whichever is favorable to the caster) the spell's DC by either +1 or -1.

Unfortunately, entities native to the Unfiltered Void don't have their destinies writ in the stars; the above-mentioned bonus doesn't apply to any entity listed as originating physically within the deep Unfiltered Void. (Beings native to the sun and moon, however, are part of astrological destiny.)
Last edited by Hoid on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ohh, I like that.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Ohh, I like that.
Thanks! I'm just building on pre-existing material.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mishin-shapir is a humongous giant steading, inhabited by hill giants and lorded over by an ogre mage with the 'advanced' and 'giant' simple templates (Wizardking Lonurautu [CR22 LE male advanced giant ogre mage, slayer 12]). The Wizardking has three cloud giant concubines who act as shield-maidens in battle.

Found in the Eastern Continent, Mishin-shapir is far from any civilized kingdom, located in the heart of the Primeval Forest.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Midnight Reavers are a Thought-Spun pirate fleet, consisting of seven ships, each captained by either a drow or some nightmarish dream-spirit.

The captain of Her Majesty's Armor is Gnarlbone the Withered (CR17 NE 'male' wyrwood, magus 7/technomage 10), who is obsessed with the Green Teardrop, on the Material Plane. His entire crew---all androids---were captured and brainwashed during Gnarlbone's frequent trips to the area! Gnarlbone the Withered worships only his own power; his crew is mostly atheistic.

The captain of Her Majesty's Arrows is the monstrous Lil Darkvoid (CR21 CE female ancient void dragon, disciple of Ashardalon 3), who is masquerading so successfully as a drow that even her primarily drow crew has been fooled. Lil Darkvoid worships Ashardalon (CE male great wyrm red dragon, disciple of Ashardalon 12), the draconic quasigod of the selling of one's soul.

The admiral of the Midnight Reavers and captain of Her Majesty's Blade is Green (CR15 CE male animate dream, swashbuckler 7). Her Majesty's Blade is crewed entirely by other animate dreams, and is constructed at impossible sanity-bending angles. Green fearfully prays to Toron.

The captain of Her Majesty's Cudgel is the mysterious Black Mask (CR11 NE gender-uncertain tiefling, vigilante 11). 'His' crew consists entirely of jann bound to his will by a VERY powerful series of VERY complicated enchantments Black Mask bought at DEAR price!

The captain of Her Majesty's Morningstar is the wild-eyed Sunrisen Wormtongue (CR10 LE male nephilim, fighter 6/warpriest 4 of Toron), and his ship is crewed by deeply insane derro 'starsailors'.

The captain of Her Majesty's Poisons is the extraordinarily lethal and beautiful Areila Moonsickle (CR12 CE female drow, illusionist 2/infernalist bloodline sorcerer 10), and her ship is crewed by drow just as bloodthirsty and elegant as she is. Areila Moonsickle worships Mesektet, as does her crew.

The captain of Her Majesty's Whip is Lord Fangbane (CR18 NE neothelid, occultist 3), who is obsessed with gaining as many occult relics as it can. Her Majesty's Whip's crew is an uneven mix of animate dreams and skum.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Found existing coterminously on both the Western Continent, the moon and the Mistforest, the Shifting Ivory Labyrinth is an enigma. Constructed a million years ago by some unknown hand---it bears no resemblance to any other structure anywhere---this massive stone maze is ever-shifting by way of the VERY most sophisticated mechanisms. (How these mechanisms still function after all this time is a great mystery.)

The halls are covered in Infernal lettering that seems to spell out gibberish. Faint magic can be detected, but this magic's function is unclear.

Drow long ago learned to leave the Shifting Ivory Labyrinth well alone. Inside are white and eyeless horrors, skin cracked like chipped porcelain: strangely smooth, beautiful and alien minotaurs known as mazecreepers. These mazecreepers hunt by scent and can hear with echolocation. Organized, mazecreepers ruthlessly hunt down and drag off any interlopers they may catch.

What fate awaits those the mazecreepers capture is anyone's guess, and no rescue attempt has ever been successful.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Where as Animated Dreams are born from the strange and vivid, Animated Nightmares are born from the grotesque and terrifying. Oddly, in spite of the names given to either race, Animated Dreams are usually evil whereas Animated Nightmares are generally good. The two are considered at war with one another, and on occasion will manifest within dreams to fight their battles face to face to the confusion of the dreamer.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yes yes, I know that Animate Dreams are essentially nightmares already, but I wanted to add to it. Thought-Spun is getting crowded with wicked things, needs a few heros.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Yes yes, I know that Animate Dreams are essentially nightmares already, but I wanted to add to it. Thought-Spun is getting crowded with wicked things, needs a few heros.
I propose a temporary ban of new Dream-realm stuff: Dreamingfolk, Thought-Spun etc., so that other aspects of the multiverse get some love and attention.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That certainly makes an amount of sense, I seccond that notion
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

A wonder of now-lost magics, Sevencity is seven city-states that slowly grew together and became one. Now a single massive city-state with seven districts in the Western Continent, Sevencity is world-famous for its Anyportals.

Anyportals (of which there are seven) are found only in Sevencity, and are the remnants of prehistoric elf divine magic on an epic scale. Though the location of an Anyportal is fixed and cannot change, an Anyportal can take you anywhere in the Western Continent, so long as the destination is not warded or otherwise sealed off. Unfortunately, Anyportals only lead away from Sevencity.

Because of this, Sevencity does a massive amount of trade. Wealth flows in from all over the Western Continent. Sevencity is mostly human, but with a large number of wood giant tribes in the surrounding foothills as 'client-states'.

A monarchy with the same dynasty for the last 900-some years, Sevencity is currently ruled by Sevenking Loom Esthoro XI (CR3 LG male human, aristocrat 2/expert 1/fighter 2) and his wife, Sevenqueen Loom Auria I (CR5 LN female human, aristocrat 6). Both Sevenking and Sevenqueen are advised by Hees the Prognosticator (CR5 CN female gnome, time mystery oracle 5 of Mad Mab), as well as by Archlector Shanulu (CR16 LN male human, enchanter 16).
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

One of the chief advisers to the king and queen of Sevencity is the seemingly kind and weathered halfling man by the name of Heao Torntir. But little do they know, was that the real Heao was killed in his sleep ten years ago and has been impersonated by Jorlu Twendlefoot (CR12 NE Old Male Halfling Ninja 7, Master Spy 5)! He has been carefully manipulating the citystate's trade for years, funneling gold towards his family in Rackspur through various devious methods. If something isn't done to stop him soon, then Sevencity might become another part of the Twendlefoot's secret empire!
------------