[Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Hoid

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Post by Hoid »

I'll be getting back to this tomorrow! Feel free to keep posting here, guys!
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Soooooooo, do you guys think we should do class-based posts for both this thread and the second one?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

zackepic22 wrote:Soooooooo, do you guys think we should do class-based posts for both this thread and the second one?
Sure!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Warriors of Sarith are known for giving into the primal barbarism of Witch Hunting, skills honed to hunt casters specifically. While magic can't exist within it's borders, mages nonethless poke and prod outside, are take out their anger on Sarith's neiboring allies. But within Sarith, there exists an order higher and far more controlled, who have learned to accept The Deadzone within their own souls and channel it through their martial prowess.

This Prestigue Class, the Knights of the Dead-Zone, is a ten level class which grants the Knight increasingly prominent abilities to combat and stave off the effects of magic. Their strongest are rumored to be able to channel their inner Deadzone around themselves in for form of a powerful anti-magic field, and are an all around nightmare for casters and those that rely upon magical items.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Arcanium
Raw Power

When the Neolithids stole half the divine grace from the Sorcerer Twins, they began using it to created a tangible form of energy in which to power their strange arcane devices. They were never able to fully implement their plans before they faced their defeat, but not all of the godly power found its way back to it's owners.

Arcanium is understood by mortals to be crystalized mana, and remain ignorant to it's true origin. It does, however, now proceed to grow naturally with the ambient magic. The supply of 'naturaly occuring Arcanium' almost trippled in frome the time of their creation to it's rediscovery by early dwarves.

The material is of course, a very potent material capable of channeling and amplifying magical ability as well as absorbing it. Arcaknights were once known to all possess entire suits of the material, but this practice fell out of fashion as the mines went dry. Only the highest members of the order possess such things, and they largely exist as relics rather then newly forged.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Icefolk
Ethnic Heritage of the Elves and Humans of the Chilled

Known collectively as the Icefolk, this ethnic background originated within the frozen wasteland of the Chilled. The Elves are sometimes independently refered as "Snow Elves". Both are usually of darker skin tones, dark hair and eye color, and posses strong and thick builds. Humans of the Chilled, strangely, seem to have longer lifespans akin to dwarves perhaps due to arctic magic. They colecticly tend to have an increased tolerance for the cold, and are adept at tracking.

The Icefolk maintain no permanent settlements, and exist in migratory tribes composed of roughly equal numbers of elves and humans. Their half-elves are always concieved on the winter solstice, when the artic magic is at it's highest to allow for strong binding rituals. They move with the seasons, in constant pursuit of migratory heards of Mammoth or other artic animals.

Their names are general of three parts, a first name, a family name, and the name of their tribe. They are heavy and rough like they are, and aside from the suffix '-uit' for men, there are no real difference between male and female names.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

In the Antarctic icecap there squats a lonely citadel, crafted by tireless rime golems obeying inscrutable orders from an unknowable master: the Magespine.

The Magespine is able to amplify arcane magic and occult magic, allowing the free application of one Metamagic feat, for free, per spell. Guarding the Magespine are the very rime golems who crafted it, now Awakened after centuries of magic-saturation. Calling themselves the Chosen of La, they refuse to answer any questions as to who ordered them to create the Magespine, or even why. They are led in defending the Magespine by Skyrime (N genderless advanced air-infused awakened giant rime golem).

What they will do, however, is give arcane spellcasters and occult spellcasters access to the Magespine's amplification effects, albeit for a king's ransom. The rime golems merely store their coin in a dimensionally 'larger-on-the-inside-than-on-the-outside' bank vault and sit on it. They've been doing this for centuries, and now have a hoard beyond imagining...!
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

At the North Pole sits the Doorway to the Sun and the Moon, an aboleth-built portal that, well, leads to the sun and the moon. Entering the doorway doesn't work quite the way you'd expect, though: enter it while the sun is in the sky it will send you to the moon---enter it at night and you will be sent to the sun.

The Doorway is a huge stone archway covered in eldritch aboleth runes, and more recently carved in elf-runes---drow-runes, to be more accurate. Drow detest the notion of having only way down to the earth---Thought-Spun---and so, when they found the Doorway by accident, they immediately seized it and suborned its antediluvian magic to their own needs.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Order of the Arcanium
Cavalier order for Arcaknights

Cavaliers of the Order of Arcanium are True Dwarves, respectful of master craftsman, architects, and smiths of all colors even if not of their own race. They all ultimately answer to the Grand Arcaknight and King of their nation, but must also respect their own leaders in the order. Within dwarven communities, they command an air of respect, even in nations foreign to Kor-Tun.

Each Arcaknight is not only a warrior, but an artist in their own right. They strive to prove the might of dwarvenkind both through their art and their martial prowess, and fight with honor. If the strength of their race is challenged, then a member of this order is duty-bound to prove them wrong.

The highest of their order are given the chance to become Full Officers of the Court, where they are granted a suit of Arcanium. They must prove themselves in battle against a foe of the court's choosing, and must show their true strength as a dwarf in order to ascend to the court rankings.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Order of the Arcanium
Cavalier order for Arcaknights

Cavaliers of the Order of Arcanium are True Dwarves, respectful of master craftsman, architects, and smiths of all colors even if not of their own race. They all ultimately answer to the Grand Arcaknight and King of their nation, but must also respect their own leaders in the order. Within dwarven communities, they command an air of respect, even in nations foreign to Kor-Tun.

Each Arcaknight is not only a warrior, but an artist in their own right. They strive to prove the might of dwarvenkind both through their art and their martial prowess, and fight with honor. If the strength of their race is challenged, then a member of this order is duty-bound to prove them wrong.

The highest of their order are given the chance to become Full Officers of the Court, where they are granted a suit of Arcanium. They must prove themselves in battle against a foe of the court's choosing, and must show their true strength as a dwarf in order to ascend to the court rankings.
Hyperlinked it!
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Don't forget about Guruggish.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

zackepic22 wrote:Don't forget about Guruggish.
You might want to tone that one down. If he skyrocketed to power even after being defeated and slain, then why isn't he ruling the multiverse?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoid wrote:
zackepic22 wrote:Don't forget about Guruggish.
You might want to tone that one down. If he skyrocketed to power even after being defeated and slain, then why isn't he ruling the multiverse?
Indeed, especially with him almost a way challenging The Dark Mistress's dominion over fiends, by merely existing. Personally, I'd keep him as a lesser deity at the most, as I did the same with Dawn as the god of undeath. Didn't feel right having a mortal-turned-god any higher then that, unless one of the deities willingly allowed for it.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoid wrote:
Hyperlinked it!
Awesome! Don't forget the prestige class I made, for Sarith. Oh; I saw you added the Chilled to the elves, but not humans as well. It's a collective ethnicity of both races.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Hoid wrote:
Hyperlinked it!
Awesome! Don't forget the prestige class I made, for Sarith. Oh; I saw you added the Chilled to the elves, but not humans as well. It's a collective ethnicity of both races.
Ok!