[Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Pathfinder]Collaberative world-building exercise...

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The whole "gnomes are living dreams" seemed a lot more special four dreamfolk ago... Ah well, this is what happens when you make it canon that souls are literally formed within the dream realm of Thought-Spun.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

....this...isn't going well. *sigh*
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoid wrote:....this...isn't going well. *sigh*
What's up, Hoid?
------------
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:The whole "gnomes are living dreams" seemed a lot more special four dreamfolk ago... Ah well, this is what happens when you make it canon that souls are literally formed within the dream realm of Thought-Spun.
Well, at least they were the ones descended from the dreams of the first sentient mortal race, right?
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Hoid wrote:....this...isn't going well. *sigh*
What's up, Hoid?
Yeah, what is up?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

zackepic22 wrote:
Doctor Malsyn wrote:The whole "gnomes are living dreams" seemed a lot more special four dreamfolk ago... Ah well, this is what happens when you make it canon that souls are literally formed within the dream realm of Thought-Spun.
Well, at least they were the ones descended from the dreams of the first sentient mortal race, right?
I speak only in jest. ;P
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ok. Everything's cool. Proceed as normal.
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

While most other races don't know this, Dreamfolk of different races-except Brownies-can reproduce with each other, with seemingly no genetic problems occuring at all! However, while they can, it can be a bit more of a rarity among most Dreamfolk of the World, except for certain skilled female Kitsune Oneiromancers, some of which have had relations with either Oneirofauna or Noctfauna.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

If we have magic sorting hats, then we can damn well have over a dozen or more Dreamingfolk. Go, flumphs!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoid wrote:
If we have magic sorting hats, then we can damn well have over a dozen or more Dreamingfolk. Go, flumphs!
My own argument, used against me-!?

Totally asked for it.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Rick and Irontusk, "The Battlemage"
An unlikely duo

Rick was the only one to be born into his family of sorcerers, to have no magical talent. At all. Instead, he had fallen in love with the way of sword and shield to feel powerful in his own right. This however further solidified his title as the black sheep of the family, sticking out like a sore thumb.

So it was to the family's pleasant surprised when he came home as a powerful eldritch knight, wearing fullplate and capable of casting spells like no tomorrow, following up magical attacks with blows of his prized longsword. But what they don't know, that the odd horned helmet he wears is the one that's actually casting spells.

Rick is a NG human male fighter (armor master) 8, and is accompanied by Irontusk, the NG Wunderhüte 'Female' Wizard 8. He found Irontusk by chance in an old ruin, and was surprised to learn that his new helmet could talk! They formed an agreement with one another, Irontusk wished to see the world, and would become his spellcasting companion if he would replace his current helmet with her. The young human foolishly agreed to the bargain, and was lucky to have stumbled upon a Wunderhüte with actual good intentions.

They now travel and quest together, with Rick totting himself as "The Battlemage" and nobody the wiser.
------------
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I fired off two PMs. My apologies, guys. A crap day offline manifested in crap behavior from me online. I humbly apologize.
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Guruggish the Fiends' Lord, is a NE Greater Deity of Fiend-related Magic and Rituals. A First generation Male Ogre, Guruggish was born in a union inbetween a Powerful Drow Witch Coven Mistress, and a Mighty Higher Oni Daimyo. However, this Extremely powerful Drow Witch didn't watch just a union and half-Oni children. With her powerful magics combined with those of the rest of the coven, she was able to trap the Daimyo in a nigh unescapable cage. While she trained Guruggish's twin sister into a full witch, Guruggish had many tutors, who were able to draw out a large amount of his potential. Then, once he was powerful enough, his mother brought him before his father. Giving her son a powerful artifact, she told him to completely drain all of his father's essence out. While this revelation allowed the Oni to become mad enough to break out of the prison, Guruggish was able to drain the fiendish essence of his father and transfer it to himself with ease. By the time his father got within even five feet of him, it was too late: The Daimyo was no more, and, Guruggish had become even more than other Ogres of his generation.

After that, he was a nightmare to the enemies of the Drow and the Ogres, almost a completely unstoppable force! It was said he could control even the mightiest of Non-Archfiends with ease! However, after he had managed to destroy the powerful and ancient Elven city of Byrlien, he was defeated by a mythical Elven hero. But, less than a week later, he had ascended to quasideityhood. Only a year later, he became a demideity. He managed to become a Greater Deity many a millenia before the modern era, many a fiend-summoning cultist or fiend-worshipper considering him the greatest fiend summoner of all time, thus granting his godly title of 'The Fiends' Lord'.
zackepic22

Post by zackepic22 »

Hmmmmm...So, if we're starting to slow down a bit here, mind if I start up a second collab setting thread, and, three of us could start on a whole new world?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

zackepic22 wrote:Hmmmmm...So, if we're starting to slow down a bit here, mind if I start up a second collab setting thread, and, three of us could start on a whole new world?
I'm gaming offline today, which is why I've been quiet, today. However---go for it!