The Merge Universe

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
betterwatchit

Re: The Merge Universe

Post by betterwatchit »

Just updated Griffin's Observations, had to finish off the bit where the UN already had a spare chamber that they now use for dealing with Merge-related matters.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Fixed, but I might be adding something else to the doc so I didn't do a save as PDF yet.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Been racking my brain trying to come up with a slang term for those nitwits who come to the conclusion that evil, the Dark Side, Chaos, Cthulhu etc. are still 'cool' and can't wait to put on their spiky armor and seek out some source of dark or infernal power, no matter how dumb that might be....any ideas?

Because, let's face it, there will be those people. There always are.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Pawns, perhaps? Coming from the fact they are all just disposable pawns in the games their dark masters play.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Snacks? Tidbits? Canapes? :lol:

For those that follow the dark side and aren't sith: Darksiders are a common slang term.
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Appetizers? :P
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy calls would be chaos worshippers: Wannabe chaos cultists, those chaos pukes, f-ing morons...

Battle Init
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Griffin's response to finding a known Chaos cultist is... memorable, to say the least.

The Hospital District, New Mechanicsburg...

Outside the Great Hospital, a team of armed police pointed several guns at Griffin, yelling "Freeze, City Watch!"

Griffin put his free hand up, saying "I thought you were never going to show." The other hand was holding an unconscious man.

The lead officer asked "Why did you lay him out, Griffin? You know as well as I do that Lady Heterodyne's direct orders are that if you can't explain any act of violence you commit in New Mechanicsburg, you'll be taken in as well."

"Can't blame her for that rule. I beat him up because I found that he's a f**king PAWN! The glyph on his left hand ring is that of Nurgle, Daemon Prince of disease and corruption. Knocked him out in one blow to reduce the risk of his diseases bleeding out into the wild. I'll be fine, but you'll need serious healing magic to avoid coming down with whatever's inside him."

Then a popping sound came from the pawn's mouth.

Griffin's hand started to glow with holy light. He touched the man on his forehead, going "No, death won't let you off the hook, traitor! You're staying here!" He then said "There, he's conscious now and his contagion's been cured and defused. He won't be infecting the Hospital."

Yeah, he's got no chill when it comes to making sure that humanity doesn't weaken in the face of Chaos. And in making sure that anyone who betrays Earth pays the price as hard and as publicly as possible to show everyone else what happens to traitors on that scale.

And since Chaos worship often falls under anti-terrorism laws since the Incursion, few people argue with him on that point.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Just spelunked the lexicons of various RPG's on my shelf and hard drive...
  • Rabble Rousers?
    Orphans
    Familiars
    Minions
    Fausts
    Bleaters (from the sound a sheep makes...)
    Wannabes
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

In Aggie's town, chaos cultists are usually called 'executed'. :twisted:

Battle Init
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

And it does help that a lot of Chaos cultists who have been caught very proudly boast about being willing servants, which means there's little doubt that they actually had it coming to them.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Probably, probably.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aggie does make sure they aren't under any spells or other forms of coercion before letting the troops use them for target practice though. If they are under coercion and innocent, she'll break the coercion, clean them up mentally and physically and offer them a job.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Pawns sounds good. Bleaters, too.

Especially since it'd mightily piss off anyone who fancies themselves a big bad blackguard or the like...

On a related note...is anyone surprised that unwarded Warhammer figurines depicting chaos sigils go for A LOT on the Dark web these days?
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Not really.

Also, mages have been looking at RPG books (paper and PDF) for ideas for magical items. Particularly sought-after are the d20 Modern corebook, Urban Arcana setting book, GURPS Technomancer and any Mage: The Ascension book to do with the Technocracy, Society of Ether or the Virtual Adepts, as all the aforementioned books give descriptions of magical items that are considered practical to modern life.

And not a few people who've read Urban Arcana post-Merge saw the parts about how Shadowkind (basically, anyone from the fantasy-like world where elves, dwarves and so on came from) crossed over and started thinking "What if this isn't the first time the Merge has happened?"