Palladium/Rifts into M&M

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Jabroniville

Re: Palladium/Rifts into M&M

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, like Batgirl said, they just don't tend to come out evenly when I stat them- I just sort of add stuff to reflect the game, and watch what happens. Palladium has a tendency to pile on the mechanics for characters, even adding pretty superfluous stuff at times, making them cost a lot more in a "point-buy" system. My Headhunter actually ended up at PL 9 (135), but that was more of a happy accident.

Otherwise, a lot of side characters end up with permanent Cybernetics, vast arrays of weaponry and equipment (Palladium actually details "kits" down to the length of rope you're carrying to start with), and even the occasional likelihood of Psioinics! I actually leave that off most builds except the Operator (since they're said to have a 40% chance), since it's less "iconic" to the class, but it's certainly possible.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

NETHERBEASTS
RIFTS Character
Power Level 16 ( 245 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 18
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect -2
Awareness 6
Presence 0

SKILLS
Athletics 9 (+15), Close Attack [Claw/Claw/Bite] 17 (+25), Intimidate 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+12)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Claw/Claw/Bite] (2), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (2), Lionhearted, Move-By Action, Takedown (2)

POWERS
1,200 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 18 [ 18 PP ]
30' Long Behemoth Growth 8 (+8 Strength, +8 Stamina; +8 Mass, +1 Speed; +4 Intimidate; -4 Defenses; E: Innate) [ 17 PP ]
Swift Predator Leaping 1 (15'); Speed 4 (60 MPH; Note: Included +1 Speed from Growth) [ 5 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless; E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 16 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]

Claw/Claw/Bite Damage 7 (Strength-based; E: Multi-Attack, Penetrating [3], Reach [1], Split [1], Variable Descriptor [Pierce/Slash (1)]) [ 20 PP ]
AE: Tail Slap Damage 5 (Strength-based; E: Area [15' Cone], Penetrating [2]; F: Quirk [diminished area;-1); linked to: Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Agility/Acrobatics; Condition: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone; E: Area [15' Cone], Extra Condition; E: Limited to Two Degrees, Quirk [diminished area; -1) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (14) Base 18
Parry: (14) Base 10
Fortitude: (18) Base 0
Toughness: (18) ——
Will: (14) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 25 Effect: 7 Total: 32 (Claw/Claw/Bite)
Attack: —— Effect: 11+5 Total: 11+5 (Tail Slap)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Horror Factor)
Dodge: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Parry: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Fort: 18 Will: 14 Total: 32

ABILITIES [ 56 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 18 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 14 pp ] +
POWERS [ 121 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 36 pp ] =
245 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: As demonic steeds, Netherbeasts are essentially mute, able to growl out maybe a single intelligible word or extremely short phrase with difficult and deliberate effort. Growls, terrifying roars, and enraged shrieks are their preferred means of communication.
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve a Netherbeast's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, a Netherbeast's Toughness is not Impervious against them.

Background:
Netherbeasts are used as riding animals by Death, War, and Famine. All three are very similar in size, appearance, and ability and are believed to be indigenous to the dimension where the Apocalypse Demons originate. The giant monstrous animals are powerfully built and resemble a cross between a savage pit-bull and a dinosaur. Netherbeasts have a high animal intelligence and can be quiet cunning. They feed on the flesh, blood, and bones of other creatures, living or dead. Netherbeasts range in color from grey or tan to pale pink and white, with red eyes and ivory colored teeth and horns.

Famine's Netherbeast is named Cyno, and appears more emaciated than the others. Cyno has large horns swept to the back of the head. It is white or pale grey in color. This particular beast feeds on rotted food and plants, as well as meat, blood, and bones. Its horns and teeth are grey and decayed looking.

War's Netherbeast is named Carnage, it has curled ram's horns, is grey in color, and clad in metallic red body armor. Carnage is said to be the fasted, most powerful, and aggressive of them all. Like its demonic master, Carnage kills for the sheer pleasure of it. It feeds only on freshly killed meat, blood, and bones.

Death's Netherbeast is named Bones, which is kind of adorable... But since Netherbeasts cannot talk and Death never speaks (communicating with his mount telepathically) your guess is as good as mine as to how anyone would ever learn its name.

Pestilence rides a giant alien beetle, named Raid, rather than a Netherbeast.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Try this one weird trick to lose weight!

Post by Batgirl III »

FAMINE
Rifts Character
Power Level 16 ( 480 PP )

Revelation 6:5-6 wrote:When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”
ABILITIES
Strength 6
Stamina 18
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 10
Intellect 2
Awareness 6
Presence -1

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+17), Expertise [Agriculture] 13 (+15), Investigate 5 (+7), Perception 9 (+15), Stealth 13 (+15), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Sidekick [Cyno; (49)], Takedown (2)

POWERS
6,753 M.D.C. Impervious Toughness 18 [ 18 PP ]
Aura of Hunger Affliction 5 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Fatigued; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Limited to One Degree, Permanent) [ 10 PP ]
Demonic Resistance Immunity 20 (Fire Descriptor; Life Support) [ 20 PP ]
Demonic Sight Senses 4 (Visual: Counters Invisibility, Darkvision) [ 4 PP ]
Diving Water Senses 6 (Mental: Ranged Detect Water, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended [2]) [ 6 PP ]
Horror Factor Affliction 10 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless); E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 20 PP ]
Knows Lots of Magic and Has Lots of Psychic Powers Variable 10 (E: Move Action) [ 80 PP ]
Putrefy Food, Drink, and Water with a Touch Transform 12 (3,200 lbs; Broad Group to Single Result; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 72 PP ]
Rapid Regeneration Regeneration 10 (-1 Penalty Every Round; E: Persistent) [ 20 PP ]
Sense Other Horsemen Feature 1 (Mentally sense if the other Horsemen are alive and on the same world/plane of existence.) [ 1 PP ]
Starvation Touch Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Will; Conditions: Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; E: Reaction, Continuous; F: Permanent) [ 20 PP ]
Ten-Foot Tall and Gaunt Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +3 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate, Reduce Mass Gain [1]) [ 10 PP ]

The Staff of Decay (20 Base; E: Indestructible; F: Removable) [ 17 PP Total ]
Damage 14 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [5], Reach [1]) [ 20 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (14) Base 14-2
Parry: (14) Base 6-2
Fortitude: (18) Base 0
Toughness: (18) ——
Will: (14) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 17 Effect: 6 Total: 21 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Aura of Hunger)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Starvation Touch)
Attack: —— Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Horror Factor)
Attack: 10 Effect: 20 Total: 30 (Staff)
Dodge: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Parry: 14 Tough: 18 Total: 32
Fort: 18 Will: 14 Total: 32

ABILITIES [ 74 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 55 pp ] +
POWERS [ 298 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 28 pp ] =
480 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability: Magical fire, magic weapons, and weapons made from silver cause extra damage, halve Famine's Impervious Toughness against them; Weapons made from the Millennium Tree inflict massive damage, Famine's Toughness is not Impervious against them.
Power Loss (Banishment): A slain Apocalypse demon must recuperate, remaining in their hellish dimension for 1,000 to 6,000 year. Even after that period of time, they cannot return to the place of their defeat (in this case, Earth) for at least 50,000 years.

Background:
The monster known as Famine looks like a skeleton with a withered, malnourished body, pale complexion, swept back ram's horns, and a malicious expression. He is sinister, cunning, and treacherous, using sneaky tactics to hurt and injure others. He is obsessed with the destruction of all life forms and delights in the suffering and destruction of all life forms and delights in the suffering and destruction inflicted by his hand. Unlike most of the others, Famine frequently strikes quietly from the shadows or at a distance. If he is careful, his control over the weather* and power to spoil food are often mistaken as natural disasters. He also likes to instigate trouble by manipulating others, such as destroying one village's food supply and then somehow letting them know that a neighboring village has plenty, but won't share. These kinds of tactics can lead to theft, vandalism, and war, which means more suffering and death. Famine loves these games.

His favorite partner of the other three Horsemen is Pestilence. Their power complement each other perfectly and together they have wrought incredible amounts of starvation, turmoil, and slow death.

*I left this set of powers out of his build, they can be covered by his Variable 10. Basically, Famine can make the local weather really nasty in ways that harm crops: droughts, monsoons, hail storms, flash floods, whatever will ruin the local food supply.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Regarding character balance, the Fatal and Friends Rifts: Ultimate Edition had a comment on that, including a quote from Kevin Siembied on game balance that . . . actually makes some sense. And of course, it's in the Glitterboy section.
Fatal and Friends wrote:The Glitter Boy, in many ways, is emblematic of RIFTS. It's a ridiculous suit of robot armour, most certainly the most powerful combat class in the core book, though not in the entire system (Ask a long time RIFTS player about the Cosmo-Knight some time, I dare you), and despite being ridiculous and stupid, has a certain allure. It does look cool and the helmet is distinct, as is the mirror plating. And there is a certain appeal to running around as a ten foot tall railgun wielding doom machine.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. First off, a brief background lesson. According to most denizens of RIFTS Earth, the Glitter Boy was invented by the Neemans, heroic supermen who fought against the incursions of the rifts, and the Glitter Boys were their greatest weapon, left behind to aid mankind when it needed defending. What actually happened is that the Glitter Boy (Official model designation: USA-G10 "Chromium Guardsman") was invented by NEMA, the Northern Eagle Military Alliance. They did indeed fight to protect the earth from the rifts, and the Glitter Boys were indeed their greatest weapon. Let's take a look as to why.

Remember the Full Conversion Combat Cyborg? And his maxed out main body armour of 520 MDC? The poor little Crazy and Cyber-Knight couldn't really compare. Well, the Glitter Boy rocks up to the party with a main body armour of 770 MDC. Oh yeah, and because of the shiny shiny mirrorlike finish? It takes half damage from laser beams, just cuz.

But surely the combat cyborg wins out in terms of damage? That particle cannon that he could scrimp and save for was doing 6d6+6 MD per shot! And hell, the Cyber-Knight could wander around with 2 6d6 MD weapons at level 15. The Boom Gun, the huge shoulder mounted cannon that our boy is posing with up there? It's a rail gun that fires 200 flechettes at a time at Mach 5, doing 3d6 x 10 MD per shot. That's an average of about 90 rounding down, enough to take out a cargo freighter with room to spare. Each time it fires, the suit fires pistons into the ground and activates rockets mounted on its back to compensate for the recoil, otherwise it flies backwards 30 feet. Oh yeah, and this shot also generates a sonic boom that deafens everyone within 200 metres for a short time. And you can fire it as many times per combat round as you have melee attacks, no need to let it cool down or anything. With the bonuses you get to combat as a Glitter Boy Pilot, you can easily squeeze off 6 shots a round at level 1 when most people who've maxed out combat ability have 4 attacks. And it has a belt feed with 200 rounds, and the fluff section says that most settlements will donate you ammo free of charge, as Glitter Boys are universally regarded as heroes (and most of them really are).

There is helpfully a designers note at the end, which opens with this gem:
Kevin Siembied wrote: At some point, someone somewhere in game-design-land must have decreed, "All characters must be equal" and a bunch of game companies jumped on the bandwagon to even out the power level of every character. How tragic. That's like expecting every opponent in a video game to offer the same level of difficulty. Talk about boring.

Of course, there has to be game balance, but complete equality for all characters, never. Every character in RIFTS is deliberately designed to have unique abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Those unique abilities may be awesome and powerful under one set of circumstances or environment, or a liability under another. That emulates real life and, in game terms, is deliberately designed to encourage creativity, ingenuity and role-playing.
I want this done up in fancy calligraphy on vellum and mounted on my wall. The ideas are sound, even if he misunderstands what most people mean whey they say "Equality for all characters", but the fact that this is put in the Glitter Boy section comes with a huge dose of irony. The section goes on about how players have come to him over the years saying that Glitter Boys are too powerful or too weak. It says that yes, Glitter Boys are walking powerhouses, but this is balanced by low speed (Top running speed: 60 MPH) and poor manuverability (Jumping distance: 80 feet with rockets, short term hover capabilities, bonuses to parry and dodge). They can also be ambushed (suit comes with built in radar with a 40 mile range, a ten mile range targeting computer, and assorted vision modes including thermographic, night sight, ultraviolet and infrared) and can't give hot pursuit (maximum range of gun: 2 miles, projectiles travel at Mach 5)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Glitter Boy

Post by Jabroniville »

GLITTER BOY O.O.C.
Role:
The First Game-Breaker, Ultimate Mechs
PL 12 (175)
STRENGTH
2/8 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+5, +6 Suit)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 6 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+4)
Vehicles 6 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Assorted Gear), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Glitter Boy Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [54]
Growth 2 (Str & Toughness +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) (5)
Enhanced Strength 4 (8)
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 13) (25)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Vacuum, Suffocation 2) (7)
"Laser Resistant" Immunity 10 (Laser Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) (5)
Senses 8 (Infravision, UV Vision, Extended Vision 2, Distance Sense, "Radar"- Ranged Radius Radio Sense) (8)
Speed 5 (60 mph) (5) -- (6)
  • AE: Leaping 3 (60 feet) (3)
Features 1: Food Compartments (1)
Immunity 4 (Visual & Audio Dazzles) (4)
Stealth -4 (-2)
-- (67 points)

"Boom Gun" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Features: Limited to ST 5+) [47]
"Rail Gun" Blast 15 (Feats: Improved Critical, Ranged 2) (Extras: Penetrating 12) (Quirks: Requires Planting in the Ground) (44)
Linked to
"BOOM!" Dazzle Hearing 8 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range) (32)
-- (76 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Glitter Boy Punch +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Boom Gun +9 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (+8 Armor, DC 18), Parry +8 (+7 Armor, DC 17), Toughness +2 (+16 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Coalition States)- All Coalition military personell are expected to uphold the virtues of the CS, and are subject to "reorientation", or worse, if they stray.
Enemy (Tolkeen)- The Magic-heavy state is anathema to the Coalition States.
Hatred (D-Bees, Psychics, Magic)
Power Loss (Flight- High Altitudes)- The SAMAS flies with less skill and capability at above 1000m.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 101 / Defenses: 15 (175)

-Probably the most iconic "Game-Breaker" thing in all of Rifts is the Glitter Boy. One of many icons of the setting, these things look AWESOME- giant, gleaming robot suits standing ten feet tall and sporting the most ridiculous gun in the entire Main Rulebook. It sports a higher MDC than any other Robot Suit, too- 770 MDC!! The game was originally going to be called Boomers, in fact- a sign of just how big a deal these things are. The stereotype of the typical "Glitter Boy Player" is a guy so afraid of getting outside his suit that he "camps out" in it, even eating the "Flavor Paste" said to be within the thing. My friend's campaign consisted of a lot of that, apparently- since ANY bullet could kill you outside of your suit, you were wise to stick to it.

-In the setting itself, Glitter Boys are "Pre-Rifts" technology, making them rare and wondrous creations. Emblematic of the society of "Free Quebec", they're outlawed in the Coalition States, giving them a very "Robin Hood" sentiment elsewhere. The O.C.C. bio indicates that their pilots are combat-loving travellers, earning "just under those of a crazy" (WHAT?), or simply being a champion of the right cause.

-For stats, the Glitter Boy is nearly unsurpassed- the only stuff better is usually found in space or in a Giant Robot piloted by numerous people. The stats of the pilot are pretty ordinary and unimpressive.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat May 26, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Interesting take on the Glitter Boy and a neat contrast to my own. But I have a few questions...

Why such a high Strength? Where's his Universal Translator and Radar? And why only Growth 2?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:53 am Interesting take on the Glitter Boy and a neat contrast to my own. But I have a few questions...
Excellent questions, all!
Why such a high Strength?
I kind of just gave up on Palladium's weird system of "three weights for one value", so I just started eyeballing it. They do 1D6 unarmed, so I was thinking around ST 7 or 8. Around what a Borg (ST 7 in my way) has.
Where's his Universal Translator and Radar?
Y'know, I was copying off of your build for stuff I missed, and couldn't find them at all! I scoured and scoured both the O.C.C. and the Armor and couldn't find a HINT of the Translator! Dunno if it's missing from my edition (the black hardcover) or what. The Radar I didn't see until you pointed it out, under "Robot Vehicles". I still can't find the Translator.
And why only Growth 2?
They're said to be 10 feet tall, and Growth 4 is 15 feet in my rulebook. My own system has Growth 1 at 8 feet, 2 at 10 feet, 3 at 12 feet, etc. I kind of put incremental levels between the weights.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Fun fact: I always assumed these things were gold-colored because of the way they shaded the black & white pics. I was a bit stunned to see SILVER Glitter Boys on the covers of books. So yes, I missed the part where it said they were "chrome".
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I based my build on the Ultimate Edition, which had a lot of little retcons to classes*, hence the translator and more explicitly detailed sensor suite.

I based their growth ranks on their weight more than their height, as I tend to assume the listed Length on Ye Olde Ranks & Measures Table is meant to be approximate. No one expects you to take Growth because you decide the athletic paragon Captain Hero, All-American Do-Gooder is 6’6” or put Shrinking on the svelte petite 5’3” Lady Ninja, Femme Fatale... and Glitter Boys are heavy suckers.

Likewise, I base my Strength Ranks mostly on lifting capacity. Which RIFTS is actually remarkably conservative with from my perspective (warped as it is from years of superhero gaming).

* Cyber-Knights got hit with the Power Creep Bat hard enough that it must have inflicted Giga-Damage; Suddenly having all these Zen Combat techniques and Anti-Technology powers. These were first added in the Tolkeen books, but then jumped into the new rulebook. Psi-Stalkers gained powers said to have been there all along but “kept secret from everyone,” including the game’s own authors apparently.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:52 am Fun fact: I always assumed these things were gold-colored because of the way they shaded the black & white pics. I was a bit stunned to see SILVER Glitter Boys on the covers of books. So yes, I missed the part where it said they were "chrome".
I grew up in Detroit; Chrome comes in all kinds of colors... So I assumed that Glitter Boys could too. Or at the very least, the PC’s could. Gotta have that customized ride to show your more important than the NPCs.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hm, I wasn't sure how much you really need to count Growth by weight, compared to a normal person. I guess another rank would put you from 800 lbs. to around what a Glitter Boy is, but I often "hand-wave" that part.

And yeah, the lifting values in Palladium's system are insanely weird. I calculated the Juicer's out pretty specifically, and the "snaps necks in one punch" Juicers are only about ST 6 if you roll well and take all of those sweet, sweet, Strength-Boosting Skills. Granted, that's about "strong guy with a sword", which would be fatal in real life, too, but still...

One rule that's really clear to me in terms of "Power Gaming" is "Attacks Per Melee". Most characters get two to start. Juicers get two more, making them dangerous. But POWER ARMOR PILOTS each add two if they're good enough! How does THAT work? Dragons get an extra one as well.

It gets really scary when you look at the Skills, and see how BOXING gives you an extra attack. That turns Boxing into a mandatory "get", never mind the boost to Strength and SDC. Granted, those mean more in TMNT- high strength & SDC in Rifts is about as useful as binoculars for Daredevil.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Automatic Dodge and Automatic Parry are the hidden “God Stats” of RIFTS. If you can get ahold of one (or both) and have even a moderate number of Attacks per Melee you will shred anyone else, even if they have double or more your number of Attacks per Melee... Since you don’t need to give up one of your actions to Dodge or Parry and they do.

These are actually pretty hard to come by traits, in my experience, as most O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s don’t offer them. But, hot damn, if you can get a hold of them by hook or by crook, do it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:16 am Automatic Dodge and Automatic Parry are the hidden “God Stats” of RIFTS. If you can get ahold of one (or both) and have even a moderate number of Attacks per Melee you will shred anyone else, even if they have double or more your number of Attacks per Melee... Since you don’t need to give up one of your actions to Dodge or Parry and they do.

These are actually pretty hard to come by traits, in my experience, as most O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s don’t offer them. But, hot damn, if you can get a hold of them by hook or by crook, do it.
Oh yeah? Where are those hidden? I know I saw some stuff with the Juicers about "cannot be surprised" or something about dodging, but I was speed-reading to get their stats down for when I do a big "Juicer Set".
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

mostly in ceritan occs Juicers or crazies, some super powers Enhanced speed enhanced Physical prowess, and sonic speed as well as others. and a few psionic powers allow auto dodge.

Auto aprrys a given because you get a parry for every melee attack but dodges cost you an attack. Auto dodge though is as BG said the Holy Grail of defenses because that boomgun shot that should mustard you all over the bread of life just became a flying onion thanks to auto dodge ;)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

“[M]ustard you all over the bread of life,” is now officially being added to my euphemism arsenal.