Palladium/Rifts into M&M

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Batgirl III

Re: Palladium/Rifts into M&M

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:31 am See, that shit? That shit right there? THAT'S why I love Rifts.
There’s a reason that so many gamers have a fondness for RIFTS, despite its archaic rules, schizophrenic editing, and incomprehensible layout... When it comes to sheer balls-to-the-wall crazy hijinks, nothing on the market really matches RIFTS.

Gamma World is a distant, distant second place... and it has PCs gaining new mutations from one combat round to the next.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Like I said, you can tell how awesome Rifts is as a setting of goofy, over-the-top stuff, because you could come up with ten different "Iconic Things" about the RPG from the Main Rulebook ALONE.

You wanna advertise it to other gamers? "You can play a Dragon as a STARTER CHARCTER."
You wanna make it distinct from other Sci-Fi/Post-Apoc RPGs? "Juicers- Steroid-Using Action Junkies."
You wanna draw in people who are fans of stuff that's already out there? "Cyborgs like in Ghost in the Shell, losing their humanity and stuff."
Mekton or Robotech fans? "SAMAS Fighter Pilots."
Power-Geeks? "The Glitter Boy- 770 MDC and a 3D6x10 M.D. Gun."
D&D Wizard players? "The Ley-Line Walker for spells."
Cthulhu fans? "The Shifter calls forth Cthulhu like it's a f*ckin' Pokemon."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I think you’d be better off snaring the Robotech fans with the prospect of playing honest-to-Minmei Robotech pilots.

Jabroniville

Dragons

Post by Jabroniville »

DRAGON HATCHLING R.C.C. (Baseline)
Role:
Emblematic Rifts Craziness, The Tank
PL 11 (196)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+9)
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 5 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Dragon Physiology"
"Actually Kinda Slow" Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]
"Fueled By Magic" Immunity 3 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst) [3]
"Draconic Senses" Senses 11 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Counters Concealment 4, Ley Line Awareness- Ranged 2, Dragon Awareness- Ranged 2) [11]
"Family Matters" Features 1: Insantly Recognize Parents, Children & Siblings on Sight [1]
"Intuitive Magic" Features 1: May Use Any Techno-Wizard Device, Read Magic, etc. [1]

"Metamorphosis" Morph 3 (Any Living Being) [15]
Teleport 2 (Extras: Accurate, Extended +2) (Flaws: Unreliable) [8]

"Draconic Combat"
"Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 8) [10]
"Dragon's Scales" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 11) [12]
Regeneration 8 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Claws +9 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Rivalry (Other Dragons)- Dragons have an automatic dislike and distrust of other Dragons.
Prejudice (Creatures of Magic)- Dragons are killed on-sight in Coalition or New German Republic territories, among others.
Responsibility (Hatchlings)- Dragon Hatchlings are very intelligent, but quite young, and may be quite ignorant to the ways of the world.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 73 / Defenses: 9 (196)

-There's one thing that defines the "Kitchen Sink" setting of Rifts better than any other. Not the Juicers, though those are iconic. Not the 'Borgs- the '80s and '90s were FULL of Killer Cyborgs. Not even the Glitter Boys or SAMAS guys. If you're gonna describe Rifts to somebody, you tell them "You can play a DRAGON as a STARTER CHARACTER. And it FITS!". Dragons are iconic to the Fantasy Genre, of course, which is why they work so well in the Sci-Fi Hodgepodge of portals, Demons, Aliens & Eldritch Abominations of Rifts. And they aren't even that over-powered! I always sort of ASSUMED they were, until I actually played one, and found him struggling to do killer damage against some Xenomorph rip-offs from the Rifts South America book. I was like "... that's all he can do?".

-Essentially, a Dragon in Rifts is a super-heavyweight, but he doesn't usually match the damage output of a killer suit of Power Armor. He's more akin to a high-MDC, fast-flying, VERY well-rounded character- overpowered largely through insane versatility as much as anything. And of course because Rifts is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL setting, there is a character class based around using Dragon Blood to make yourself a Suicidal Steroid Warrior.

-I actually rip off the Rifts Dragons more than the D&D variety in some ways- they're dimension-hopping, highly-magical creatures with a ton of smarts, and a lot of distinct cultural traits (I keep the concept that Dragons can recognize each other's heritage on sight, and even copied the "father/son rivalry" thing.

There are four types laid out in the Main Rulebook, which I'll post tomorrow- I had to look up Psionic Powers for them as well :).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Dragon Hatchlings are most nerfed, IMHO, by their absolutely terrible O.C.C. Skills... To be fair, they’re literally between a hours to a few days old at Character Generation, so the lack of skills is explained narratively, but it still makes it very hard to do anything with them other than breathe fire and claw people.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:02 am Dragon Hatchlings are most nerfed, IMHO, by their absolutely terrible O.C.C. Skills... To be fair, they’re literally between a hours to a few days old at Character Generation, so the lack of skills is explained narratively, but it still makes it very hard to do anything with them other than breathe fire and claw people.
One of the weirder things just looking at it now, was their Skills can include tech-stuff. That and Mages having tech-gear are things I hadn't even considered, largely because my P.C. Dragon character was reduced to doing low-level attacks (both of a Great Horned Dragon's attacks do 2D6 Mega-Damage), and I assumed he'd have to be naked. Granted, Dragons ARE naked to start, but over time, I could have totally been adding MDC armor and Rail Guns to him- no reason HE can't suddenly start blasting dudes with 6D6 M.D. hardware!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:53 am
Ares wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:31 am See, that shit? That shit right there? THAT'S why I love Rifts.
There’s a reason that so many gamers have a fondness for RIFTS, despite its archaic rules, schizophrenic editing, and incomprehensible layout... When it comes to sheer balls-to-the-wall crazy hijinks, nothing on the market really matches RIFTS.

Gamma World is a distant, distant second place... and it has PCs gaining new mutations from one combat round to the next.
I should really introduce you to Imagina. It's a little game created by one of my friends who was sick to death of having players coming to his table and saying "my character is like Wolverine/Superman/Lara Croft". So he designed a game that allows to play exactly those characters and where a character power depends on how many adaptations he/she was into.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 am
I think you’d be better off snaring the Robotech fans with the prospect of playing honest-to-Minmei Robotech pilots.

and of course it is fully compatible with Rifts! Ah, Palladium...my first RPG love. Anyone going to knock out some Robotech/M&M stuff?

-STS
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

THE MINION OF SPLUGORTH
Rifts Character
Power Level 12 ( 245 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 2
Dexterity 3
Fighting 7
Intellect 0
Awareness 5
Presence -2

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+14), Deception 10 (+8), Expertise [Techno-Wizardry] 4 (+4), Intimidation 10 (+10), Ranged Combat [Techno-Wizardry Weapons] 6 (+12), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (10), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Minions [Four Blind Warrior Women] (32), Ranged Attack (4), Startle

POWERS
Armor of Ithan Deflect 12 (E: Subtle [1]) [ 13 PP ]
Armored Hide Protection 8 (E: Impervious [7]) [ 15 PP ]
Eye-Spheres Senses 12 (Visual: Awareness [Magic], Counters Illusion, Extended [3], Low-Light, Radius [All Visual], Ranged Detect [Magic], Ultravision) [ 12 PP ]
Large Size Growth 4 (+4 Strength, +4 Stamina; +4 Mass; +2 Intimidate; -2 Defenses; E: Innate) [ 9 PP ]
Mind Block Enhanced Defense 5 (+5 Will; E: Impervious [5]; F: Limited to Telepathic Descriptor) [ 5 PP ]
Tentacles Extra Limbs 8 (E: Reach [3]) [ 11 PP ]
Semi-Aquatic Immunity 2 (Suffocation Effects; F: Sustained); Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]); Swiming 2[/b] (2 MPH) [ 5 PP ]
Smell Blood Senses 9 (Olfactory: Detect Blood: Accurate, Analytical, Extended [3], Ranged, Tracking) [ 9 PP ]
Telepathy Communication 2 (Mental, Short Range; E: Area, Rapid [1], Selective, Subtle [2]) [ 15 PP ]
AE: Mind Reading 10 (E: Cumulative, Subtle [2], Split [2]; F: Feedback) [ 1 PP ]

Splugorth Eye-Staff (10 Base; E: Indestructible; F: Easily Removable) [ 7 PP Total ]
Allows Spellcastung Enhanced Advantage 1 (Ritualist) [ 1 PP ]
Acts as an Eye-Sphere Senses 10 (Visual: Awareness [Magic], Counters Illusion, Low-Light, Ranged Detect [Magic], Ultravision) [ 9 PP ]

Forearm Blaster (25 Base; F: Removable) [ 20 PP Total ]
Plasma Bolt Damage 12 (E: Ranged, Split [1]) [ 25 PP ]

Head Laser (20 Base; F: Removable) [ 16 PP Total ]
Damage 9 (E: Accurate [1], Improved Critical [1], Ranged) [ 20 PP ]
Splugorth Slave Barge
Equipment Rank 10 ( 50 EP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Huge [ 2 EP ]
Strength: 8 [ 0 EP ]
Speed: 0 [ 0 EP ]
Defense: 10 [ 12 EP ]
Toughness: 14 [ 5 EP ]
Features: Autopilot, Communications [ 2 EP ]
Powers:
Anti-Grav Flight 5 (60 MPH; E: Aquatic [1], Subtle [1]; F: Quirk [500' maximum altitude]) [ 11 EP ]
Barge Blasters Damage 3 (E: Area [120' Cone], Reaction, Selective) [ 18 EP ]
DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 8
Parry: (8) Base 3
Fortitude: (8) Base 4
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (8/13) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 14 Effect: 4 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 12 Total: 24 (Forearm Blaster)
Attack: 14 Effect: 9 Total: 23 (Head Laser)
Attack: —— Effect: 3 Total: 3 (Barge Blasters)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Deflect: 12 Tough: 12 Total: 24
Fort: 8 Will: 8/13 Total: 16/21

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 21 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 53 pp ] +
POWERS [ 123 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] =
245 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability (Blind): The Minions of Splugorth are naturally blind, if their Eye-Spheres and Eye-Staff are destroyed or disabled, they cannot see.
Duty (The Slaver Enslaved): The Minions of Splugorth are notorious slavers, but they are in turn enslaved by their own harsh masters.

Background:
Most people think that the monstrous, multi-tentacled creatures seen commanding the Splugorth Slave Barges are, in fact, Splugorthians. They are not. If the slobbering mammoths have a true name of their own, it is not known to humans. Even the few who have visited the haunted spires of Atlantis know them only as "the Minion" or as "The Minion of Splugorth." This has lead to some rather unflattering and silly nicknames such as Sloogs, Sploogies, Minnies, Sploogie Minnies and Sploog Slaver. But since most think of the Minion as being the Splugorth, they are most commonly called by the misnomer, Splugorth or Splugorth Slaver.

Many humanoids believe the Minion of Splugorth to be demons from the rifts or demonic slaves of the monstrous true Splugorth. Without doubt, the visage of the Minion is quite demonic. The creatures stand 10 to 12 feet (3 to 3.6 m) tall, possess a pair of large, powerful arms and eight tentacles (suggesting that they may be aquatic in origin). The large, elongated head shares nothing in common with humans. Its mouth is huge and filled with three to six inch canine teeth, the jaws are more powerful than a wolf's, the nose is large and flat, and the head is mounted on a thick, short neck. If the beast ever had eyes, they have been replaced by the artificial sensors that band the head. The normal body of the Minion is serpentine, like a thick snake or eel, adding an additional eight to twelve feet to its overall size/length. The additional length of body is not apparent on the slave barge Minion who are built into the barge itself (bionic like).

Notes:
Okay, so maybe these guys are the most iconic. I mean, it is one of these guys on the cover of the main book, right? Although (in)famously, not only are no stats given for RIFTS cover-model creature in the core rulebook, they aren't even named in that book. You need to pick-up RIFTS: Sourcebook One to get the game stats and basic background info on them and pickup RIFTS: World Book Two: Atlantis to learn their real name and background.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

slade the sniper wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 pm

and of course it is fully compatible with Rifts! Ah, Palladium...my first RPG love. Anyone going to knock out some Robotech/M&M stuff?

-STS
I will before too long I ran a full year long campaign twice with Robotech that extended with all 3 seasons and the sentinels
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

BLIND WARRIOR WOMEN
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

Jabroniville wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:47 am"Well, our artist drew it, so..."
ABILITIES
Strength 3
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat [Techno-Wizardy Weapons] 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+13), Expertise [Demon & Monster Lore] 4 (+4), Expertise [Techno-Wizardy] 3 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Techno-Wizardy Weapons] 9 (+11), Stealth 3 (+5), Survival 5 (+5), Technology 3 (+3), Treatment 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Attractive (2), Equipment (5), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (2), Lionhearted, Takedown (1), Teamwork (2)

POWERS
Heightened Senses Senses 5 (Auditory: Extended [2]; Olfactory: Analytical, Tracking; Tactile: Acute) [ 5 PP ]
Mind Block Enhanced Defense 5 (+5 Will; E: Impervious [5]; F: Limited to Telepathic Descriptor) [ 5 PP ]
Psionic Senses Senses 2 (Mental: Awareness [Magic], Danger Sense) [ 2 PP ]
Radar Sense Senses 6 (Radio: Accurate, Distance Sense, Radius, Ranged Radio Sense) [ 6 PP ]

Armor of Ithan Talisman (8 Base; F: Removable) [ 6 PP Total ]
Deflect 6 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 8 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 25 EP )
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
Lightly Paded M.D.C. Armor Protection 4 (E: Impervious [4], Subtle [2]) [ 10 EP ]
Magic Net-Gun Affliction 5 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Will; Conditions: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; E: Extra Condition, Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1], Limited to Two Degress) [ 9 EP ]
AE: Mental Incapacitator Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed, Stunned; E: Area [120' Cone]; F: Limited to Two Degress) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Wrist Laser Blaster Damage 5 (E: Ranged; F: Diminished Range [1]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Splugorth Sword Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 4
Parry: (6) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 2
Toughness: (6/10) ——
Will: (3/8) Base 0

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Net-Gun)
Attack: —— Effect: 4 Total: 4 (Mental Incapacitator)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Wrist Laser)
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Sword)
Dodge: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Parry: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Deflect: 6 Tough: 6/10 Total: 12/16
Fort: 8 Will: 3/8 Total: 11/16

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] +
POWERS [ 24 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 6 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability (Blind): The Blind Warrior Women are naturally blind and cannot see.
Duty (The Slaver Enslaved): The Blind Warrior Women are notorious slavers, but they are in turn enslaved by their own harsh masters.

Background:
Four Blind Warrior Women accompany every Splugorth Slave Barge. Each is an exceptional fighter with heightened senses and martial art skills. Some have speculated that they are juicers or crazies but there is no evidence to support such conjecture. Others have speculated that the are psychics. Still other have suggested that the women are the ultimate example of how humans can be trained, controlled, and augmented for other, inhuman masters. Nobody knows.

What is known is that they are apparently loyal slaves, perhaps raised as slaves for generations and taught the ways of combat since childhood. They are general silent, although they can speak, talking on when absolutely necessary. They obey the orders of the Minion without question or hesitation (to hesitate means death). It is they who capture and herd the Splugorth's captive humanoid slaves. Much like the warrior women an the Minion themselves, nobody really knows what the Splugorth do with their human captives. But it is said that a captive of the Splugorth is never see on this earth again.

Notes:
Premium, Grade AAA, Undiluted, High-Octane Fetish Fuel.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My RIFTS crew(which consisted my Mercenary self,my brother the Vagabond Murder Hobo-that's LITERALLY what he named his PC,fyi-one buddy the Cyber-Knight dubbed Ser Goddi-Goodae,and a Runaway CS Dogboy called Stupid) managed to kill one of these Splurgoth Slavers and freed the girls with him.The GM ruled that since they apparently had no will of their own(as far as he could find out),they "imprinted" on the person who dealt the killing blow.I'll give you a free guess who got the last blow.....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun May 20, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Funny thing is, I posited that Juicers and Glitter Boys were the two "Icons" of Rifts. But Batgirl has posited the Slaver, the 'Borg and the SAMAS. And y'know?... they're all pretty much right. Like I said, there is a LOT of iconic stuff just in that first book! The Line Walker, Dragon R.C.C. and Cyber-Knights, too!

The only issue with the Cyber-Knights is that their baseline art is pretty bad. They look WAY cooler in later books. Especially once a couple of their new artists took over the majority of the art- the "Scratchy Lines" guy (his work is all over New West) and the "Rounded Armor" guy (mostly in Juicer Uprising, Coalition War Campaign and Rifts Japan).

Looking at some stats, I finally started picking up on the "Number of Attacks" stat, which is of great importance, given how that's a decider in a lot of battles. Coalition Grunts may have twice the armor of a Juicer, but the Juicer has +2 attacks, meaning he'll probably wear down one pretty easily in a firefight.

Finally found a chart for "Supernatural Strength" (the Titan Juicer includes the chart). Which seems to indicate that a Dragon of sufficient strength should be doing MUCH more than "2D6 Claw Damage" with unarmed strikes. A... contrary rule in a Rifts book? That seems unlikely.

* I think one of my favorite Rifts Trivia Notes is that Kevin Siembieda actually has a goddamned old-school printing press IN HIS HOUSE. ie. he actually prints the books himself! The OLD way! This explains so, SO much of the layout of the books. Why it's always "two lines" on a page, and why certain errors are unable to be fixed, and certain images are just stuck into random gaps. Why stuff is haphazardly put down- because he probably didn't realize until the other pages were done that he'd left something out.

I bet that's why the Xiticix aliens are all the way in the back of the main book.
Jabroniville

Rifts Dragon Types

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

GREAT HORNED DRAGON HATCHLING R.C.C.
Role:
Emblematic Rifts Craziness, The Tank
PL 12 (232)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+11 Size)
Perception 5 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Dragon Physiology"
"Draconic Senses" Senses 11 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Counters Concealment 4, Ley Line Awareness- Ranged 2, Dragon Awareness- Ranged 2) [11]
"Family Matters" Features 1: Insantly Recognize Parents, Children & Siblings on Sight [1]
"Intuitive Magic" Features 1: May Use Any Techno-Wizard Device, Read Magic, etc. [1]
"Draconic Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

"Draconic Combat"
Regeneration 8 [8]

"Great Horned Dragon"
"Fire Breath" Blast 9 (Extras: Penetrating 4) (22) -- [31]
  • AE: "Astral Projection" Remote Sensing 5 (All Senses) (Flaws: Visible to Invisible & Astral Beings) (20)
  • AE: "Detect Psionics" Senses 2 (Psionic Awareness- Ranged) (2)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 6 (12)
  • AE: "Telepathy" Mind-Reading 6 Linked to Communication (Mental) 1 (16)
  • AE: "Mind Block" Immunity 10 (Psionics) (10)
  • AE: "Clairvoyance" Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaws: Unreliable) (2)
  • AE: "Excorcism" Immunity 5 (Possession) (Flaws: Check Required) (3)
  • AE: "Psychometry" Senses 4 (Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to The Pasts of Objects) (2)
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Extras: Accurate, Extended +2) (Flaws: Unreliable) (8)
Immunity 12 (Heat, Cold, Heat & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claws +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Dragon's Fire +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +9

Complications:
Rivalry (Other Dragons)- Dragons have an automatic dislike and distrust of other Dragons.
Prejudice (Creatures of Magic)- Dragons are killed on-sight in Coalition or New German Republic territories, among others.
Responsibility (Hatchlings)- Dragon Hatchlings are very intelligent, but quite young, and may be quite ignorant to the ways of the world.

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 110 / Defenses: 12 (232)

-As a kid, this seemed like the "Obvious" choice. The biggest, strongest Dragon, it had more health (+50 MDC!), more mental stats, better Psionics, etc. It's only later that I really gained the full picture- it's sort of the "Tank" of the group, being the toughest & smartest, but doing the least damage. It's maximum output is 2D6 per attack- about equivalent to the standard-issue guns of the universe. So they're PL 12s, but only because of their durability.

FIRE DRAGON HATCHLING R.C.C.
Role:
Emblematic Rifts Craziness, The Blaster
PL 11 (231)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+9)
Perception 5 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Dragon Physiology"
"Draconic Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

"Draconic Combat"
Regeneration 8 [8]

"Fire Dragon + Minor Psionic"
"Fire Breath" Blast 13 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (32) -- [39]
  • AE: "Astral Projection" Remote Sensing 5 (All Senses) (Flaws: Visible to Invisible & Astral Beings) (20)
Immunity 6 (Heat, Fire Damage) [6]

Offense:
Dragon's Fire +8 (+13 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 118 / Defenses: 11 (231)

-The Fire Dragon is the REAL damage-dealer of the group, sporting a Breath Weapon akin to a SAMAS Pilot's Rail Gun- 6D6 damage! It and the Ice Dragon are both pretty similar.

ICE DRAGON HATCHLING R.C.C.
Role:
Emblematic Rifts Craziness, The Blaster
PL 11 (229)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+9)
Perception 5 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Dragon Physiology"

"Draconic Combat"
Regeneration 8 [8]

"Ice Dragon"
"Dragon's Icy Breath" Blast 12 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (30) -- [37]
Immunity 6 (Cold, Cold Damage) [6]

Offense:
Dragon's Fire +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 116 / Defenses: 11 (229)

-A curious one, the Ice Dragon is very similar in stats to the Fire Dragon, just doing a bit less damage. Rifts, unconcerned with balance issues as always, doesn't bother giving it anything to compensate. It's just a tiny bit worse.

THUNDER LIZARD HATCHLING R.C.C.
Role:
Emblematic Rifts Craziness, The Suckier One
PL 12 (236)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+9)
Perception 5 (+8)
Treatment 2 (+6)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Dragon Physiology"

"Draconic Combat"
Regeneration 8 [8]

"Thunder Lizard + Minor Psionic"
"Poison Breath" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Area- 15ft. Cloud) (40) -- [47]
Immunity 12 (Heat, Cold, Fire & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [6]

Offense:
Poison Breath +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +8

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 121 / Defenses: 11 (236)

-Wingless and sporting an undamaging Breath Weapon, this is probably the worst one of the four, but is just as tough as the Great Horned Dragon.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Sorry, I've tried and I'm sticking to my Mekton Z. :P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)