G-Core Prime?

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
danelsan

G-Core Prime?

Post by danelsan »

Anyone here got this game? It is supposed to be a modernized-yet-pretty-much-fully-compatible version of the faserip system from the old Marvel RPG (which I never played, but have heard good things about).

It is damn cheap at $2,50 for the pdf, but even so I'm hoping to get some opinions on it (especially since there is a free neo-clone of of the marvel game engine, very creatively named Faserip) before deciding to buy or not.
drkrash

Re: G-Core Prime?

Post by drkrash »

Can't help much, but I've skimmed it. I like that it's well-supported and I like some of the ideas. The art and layout are ugly and I found the rules very badly organized. I'd consider it a potential diamond in the rough, but it likes polish right out of the box.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
MisterB

Re: G-Core Prime?

Post by MisterB »

danelsan wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 am Anyone here got this game? It is supposed to be a modernized-yet-pretty-much-fully-compatible version of the faserip system from the old Marvel RPG (which I never played, but have heard good things about).

It is damn cheap at $2,50 for the pdf, but even so I'm hoping to get some opinions on it (especially since there is a free neo-clone of of the marvel game engine, very creatively named Faserip) before deciding to buy or not.
I have it, and used it for a while.