Planet Mercenary RPG

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
FuzzyBoots

Planet Mercenary RPG

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I received my KickStarter product of the Planet Mercenary RPG, based on the longrunning Schlock Mercenary webcomic. It definitely looks interesting (although I was, for some reason, thinking that it was more of a HeroQuest kind of game with a board and all). Anyone else have a copy? Interest in playing a game?
MissRo

Re: Planet Mercenary RPG

Post by MissRo »

That looks neat! Gave me Paranoia vibes. I'mma look into it.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Planet Mercenary RPG

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I've had an opportunity to play this twice with my friends with whom I do Mutants and Masterminds. I'm still processing it all. It can be an incredibly lethal game. Even with heavy armor, and good stats, players are one bad dice roll away from getting plastered with just one or two shots, which is where the Ablative Meat rules come in, allowing them to sacrifice one of the grunts, who interpose themselves to save you, possibly at the cost of their own lives. I don't know if it's a good fit for my players, who get very attached to their characters, and don't want to accept the possibility of dying.