When there are a few more members

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Horsenhero

When there are a few more members

Post by Horsenhero »

When there are a few more people present, I'll start recruiting for a game. I can't "port" any over from RA and since I left those boards with a PM to the staff that politely, but unequivocally burns that bridge (I pretty much dared them to give me a lifetime ban) I can't return to invite folks over.

When things are hopping more here, a game or two will come.
Ken

Re: When there are a few more members

Post by Ken »

Well, did they take you up on your dare? You might still be able to get in.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I think they'll take me up on that dare. I made my feelings pretty clear. I managed to avoid using profanity, but just barely. Besides, with an art thread up and the ability to kibitz on build threads, I can wait for a few more people to arrive before I give running a game serious thought.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Horsenhero wrote:When there are a few more people present, I'll start recruiting for a game. I can't "port" any over from RA and since I left those boards with a PM to the staff that politely, but unequivocally burns that bridge (I pretty much dared them to give me a lifetime ban) I can't return to invite folks over.

If there's anyone you'd like to contact or invite over, I can try and get the message to them if you want.
Formerly luketheduke86
Grollick

Post by Grollick »

Hi. Would this game be play by post and if not what time zone are you in?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Grollick wrote:Hi. Would this game be play by post and if not what time zone are you in?
PBP. It's way easier for me to run games pbp, because my schedule isn't regular enough to do a game by skype.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

L-Space wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:When there are a few more people present, I'll start recruiting for a game. I can't "port" any over from RA and since I left those boards with a PM to the staff that politely, but unequivocally burns that bridge (I pretty much dared them to give me a lifetime ban) I can't return to invite folks over.

If there's anyone you'd like to contact or invite over, I can try and get the message to them if you want.
Thanks, but I think I can wait a few days, especially since I'm thinking about doing something "non-MnM" and have to look at some of the old rule sets I've got to see what might be appealing (L5R 3e, D&D 3.5, Scion or something). I mean sure, I might just default to MnM, but since I've got the freedom to think about something different I'm at least mulling it over.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Horsenhero wrote:
L-Space wrote:

Thanks, but I think I can wait a few days, especially since I'm thinking about doing something "non-MnM" and have to look at some of the old rule sets I've got to see what might be appealing (L5R 3e, D&D 3.5, Scion or something). I mean sure, I might just default to MnM, but since I've got the freedom to think about something different I'm at least mulling it over.
I would love to do something different from M&M with you guys.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've had experience with a handful of other systems, and I could always see about learning another too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Well then, hmmm. So that's what BW meant :idea:

Gots to respect a man expressing an honest heartfelt opinion ;) Hoping you're still in to the Legion game :?:

.... can't think of a good excuse to use a fourth icon :D (ha there it is)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote:Well then, hmmm. So that's what BW meant :idea:

Gots to respect a man expressing an honest heartfelt opinion ;) Hoping you're still in to the Legion game :?:

.... can't think of a good excuse to use a fourth icon :D (ha there it is)
Oh yeah, when the Legion game gets fully ported over I'm still planning on playing. I'm very glad to see it's making it's way over here because I'm somewhat unwelcome over at RoninArmy.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Their loss
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

No sweat off my brow. In fact after the big blow up and all the drama they tried (unsuccessfully) to erase, I'd rather not be there.

Plus I managed to find a stack of old D&D 3.5 books (my favorite version of the system) and while I don't have all of them, I have enough to run a game if I can find enough people who are familiar with the system and still have rulebooks. I've even got a couple old Eberron source books (again...not all), so I wouldn't have to completely homebrew a setting. Life here at EotM is good!

And if that proves to be a hassle, I'm still capable of running a MnM 2e game, so I'm swimmin' in gravy!
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Heh, I have a book self with the books stacked on top of each other instead of upright side by side, plus a plastic bin with even more books all from different rpg books. Have all the basic and some other books for 3 and 3.5 D&D in there.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmmm, never played 3.5 specifically, or any edition of DnD asside from 5e really. But, I'm sure the rulebooks are around here somewhere... We have a few bookshelves full of stuff, more in old milk crates. Andnif all else fails, perhaps we have the pdfs somewhere. My dad's a bit of a hoarder when it comes to tabletop material... not that it's necessary a bad thing. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."