roll20, etc. interest?

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Unbeliever

roll20, etc. interest?

Post by Unbeliever »

This sort of thing got posted on the ATT from time to time. I'm not really into pbp, it just doesn't do it for me (that's not a criticism, just a personal preference). But, I have enjoyed my online role playing experiences, mostly on roll20, which is basically just a fairly lightweight web-based tabletop.

So, I figured I'd mention it here in this community. I love M&M and would enjoy playing more of it (I also dig Icons, too, though I prefer M&M), as well as Savage Rifts, Deadlands, Star Wars ... yada yada. You can probably guess the rest.

Roll20 has its own dedicated forums, and I'm sure the similar services do, too. But, they're a hurly burly environment where games other than the most popular ones easily get buried. I don't have the time to GM regularly, but I'm happy to run a bit.

Let me know if you might be interested in something, or just want to kibbutz about games.
Flynnarrel

Re: roll20, etc. interest?

Post by Flynnarrel »

I have a player for my home game (who moved hundreds of miles away) that uses roll20 to connect to the game happening in my living room for the sharing of maps and figurines. There's a second computer she connects to with Skype to allow her to see many of the other players.

Sometimes clunky but It's passable.
"Something pithy this way comes."