Abilities of Superboy/Miss Martian's child

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Doctor Malsyn

Abilities of Superboy/Miss Martian's child

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was invited to a game that would rake place in the DC animated continuity, where we're making legacy characters of fallen league members. I was thinking of taking up J'ohn's mantle, and the GM was giving me a few sugestions. One of which was the following: The child of superboy and Miss Martian.

I'm wondering, what sor tr a abilties would such a geneticly outa whack child have? Quarter human, quarter krptonian, and half white martian. Having a hard time figuring that out. Tips, ideas?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
badpenny

Re: Abilities of Superboy/Miss Martian's child

Post by badpenny »

Super-Strength, Leaping, Super-Senses and "Invulnerability" for Superboy.
Morph, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Invisibility for Miss Martian.

Who a kid looks like, takes after, etc. is left to you, so really, it's what do you want to play?

To me, Morph stands out as a key power. I think a morphing powerhouse would be unique.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Thanks, Badpenny!

I think I've adapted things as well as I could with my build, which was 2e by the way. I made his natural strength and stamina built in directly, and then things get a little more finicky. He's primarily martian, so Megan's abilities play the largest role in his "Powers section", and Morph is indeed the top dog so to speak. I'm not using metamorph for things, but I've added three alternate effects which represent him focusing his genetics to "be more kryptonian". His senses, invulnerability, and pure lifting strength are things he must actively switch between using his shapeshifting abilities.

In the end, he's much more a Superman legacy then a Martian Manhunter one, being a "morphing powerhouse" as you said, but I'me pleased.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If you look at builds of Hulkling for ideas, I think you will see a way to make it as much about the shapeshifting as about the powerhouse.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ever since Gardner Fox and Julie Schwartz declined to do the research on J'onn J'onzz back in the '60s, Martians have basically been telepathic, shape-shifting Kryptonians anyway.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I'm also reminded of the Matrix Supergirl - the original version...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document