Con of Champions May 23-25

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Spectrum

Con of Champions May 23-25

Post by Spectrum »

I just got this in my email, thought that it might be of general interest.

Con of Champions
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
saint_matthew

Re: Con of Champions May 23-25

Post by saint_matthew »

Can someone give me the TL:DR version?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

saint_matthew wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am Can someone give me the TL:DR version?
The company named Tabletop.events makes their money by organizing convention events. Not only do they not have any income coming up, since all of the conventions are getting canceled, but also they're having to refund money they already received, which puts them in a bad place finance-wise. So they're organizing an event where people donate an amount of money from token (about $2) to large (a few thousand dollars) to run or play a VTT game in this event they're organizing.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:06 pm
saint_matthew wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am Can someone give me the TL:DR version?
The company named Tabletop.events makes their money by organizing convention events. Not only do they not have any income coming up, since all of the conventions are getting canceled, but also they're having to refund money they already received, which puts them in a bad place finance-wise. So they're organizing an event where people donate an amount of money from token (about $2) to large (a few thousand dollars) to run or play a VTT game in this event they're organizing.
Thanks, I just spent the day doing technical reading on 3d printing & now my brain has turned to mush, so I appreciate the TL:DR.