Hope for Roninarmy or least archive of good stuff from it

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Horsenhero

Re: Hope for Roninarmy or least archive of good stuff from it

Post by Horsenhero »

greycrusader wrote:I must agree with Ares and PsiStrike on this topic (sorry, Horsehero); I think publicizing someone's real name and contact info is over the line, even if said individual doesn't take great care to conceal said knowledge on the web. Simple politeness also comes into play her. As well, if the person's partner/spouse was formerly subject to doxing and anonymous threats, simple decency suggests avoiding even the appearance of enabling such harassment again in the future.

All my best.
No need to apologize, I'm all good with being on the losing end of a debate.

Y'know as long as that debate isn't "should we draw and quarter HnH?"
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oh, and Jab convinced me to change the page so F's real name is no longer in it. I changed it this morning.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
XeroKhan

Post by XeroKhan »

I'VE GOT BREAKING NEWS FROM GREEN RONIN!

According to this post, certain threads will NOT be shut down and will continue to exist, but only after some time and after establishing an updated Code of Conduct, Posting Guidelines, and updated plan for their moderation and infraction system. This should be taken with a grain of salt, and this is not to push everybody back to Ronin Army.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jack of Spades wrote:Actually, I'd like to see a "no doxing" rule formally part of the board's rules. I go t some lengths to keep my online and offline identities separate, and seeing that a place respects that enough to put it formally off limits makes me feel better about that place.
I go to paranoid lengths to keep my online and offline identities separate. This is necessary due to the nature of my Real World career not being especially compatible with pretending to be a cartoon vigilante on the Internets, alongside other concerns such as family, children, and just being a private person.

I never thought that a formal "no doxing" rule should be necessary for a forum for talking about a game where we all pretend to be superheroes. But, well, the internet of 2016 isn't the internet of 2006.
XeroKhan wrote:According to this post, certain threads will NOT be shut down and will continue to exist, but only after some time and after establishing an updated Code of Conduct, Posting Guidelines, and updated plan for their moderation and infraction system. This should be taken with a grain of salt, and this is not to push everybody back to Ronin Army.
I would be most appreciative if someone could ask Green Ronin to include my Character Thread in the list of ones to be archived. Not to blow my own horn, but I've gotten a lot of feedback from people who found my Ready to Play Builds to be very useful, everyone seemed to really enjoy my Cape Rules, and dagnabbit, I'd just really miss Doctor Marvel. Unfortunately, I cannot access my old thread to copy these things myself.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote:
Jack of Spades wrote:Actually, I'd like to see a "no doxing" rule formally part of the board's rules. I go t some lengths to keep my online and offline identities separate, and seeing that a place respects that enough to put it formally off limits makes me feel better about that place.
I go to paranoid lengths to keep my online and offline identities separate. This is necessary due to the nature of my Real World career not being especially compatible with pretending to be a cartoon vigilante on the Internets, alongside other concerns such as family, children, and just being a private person.

I never thought that a formal "no doxing" rule should be necessary for a forum for talking about a game where we all pretend to be superheroes. But, well, the internet of 2016 isn't the internet of 2006.
XeroKhan wrote:According to this post, certain threads will NOT be shut down and will continue to exist, but only after some time and after establishing an updated Code of Conduct, Posting Guidelines, and updated plan for their moderation and infraction system. This should be taken with a grain of salt, and this is not to push everybody back to Ronin Army.
I would be most appreciative if someone could ask Green Ronin to include my Character Thread in the list of ones to be archived. Not to blow my own horn, but I've gotten a lot of feedback from people who found my Ready to Play Builds to be very useful, everyone seemed to really enjoy my Cape Rules, and dagnabbit, I'd just really miss Doctor Marvel. Unfortunately, I cannot access my old thread to copy these things myself.
OK, I've asked in the thread of "Please Archive This". If not, we can just cut and past, even if it IS a pretty long thread.

Did you not have everything backed up in a word file or anything?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Secret identities stay.. secret?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote:Did you not have everything backed up in a word file or anything?
I had most of it, but not all, backed up on a computer that experienced sudden existence failure a few months back. I wasn't worried, because I had everything nice and safe in my Character Thread. What could go wrong?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote:OK, I've asked in the thread of "Please Archive This". If not, we can just cut and past, even if it IS a pretty long thread.

Did you not have everything backed up in a word file or anything?
Batgirl III wrote:I had most of it, but not all, backed up on a computer that experienced sudden existence failure a few months back. I wasn't worried, because I had everything nice and safe in my Character Thread. What could go wrong?
Yea, I was talking to Jab about that the other day. I was able to get through the first 50 pages of your old thread and copy the build's I found. It's just saved in a notepad file and it's far from pretty looking, but I'm hoping it'll be able to help you out.

P.S. Welcome back Batgirl!
Formerly luketheduke86
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I may be missing something in the way that I backed my game up. Or maybe this will help other folks?

Go in as a guest. I can't log in as myself.

Go to thread tools, choose 'show printable version'
(Optional) choose show 40 post(s)...
Right click anywhere on the page- choose 'save as' or ctrl-s in Chrome
Save it to a folder of your choosing.
That should create an html and a folder with the connected images.

Hopefully that works for everybody.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.