Owen Stephens post on Ronin Army

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
FuzzyBoots

Owen Stephens post on Ronin Army

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I doubt it will stick around for long, but anyone have insight on what this guy is training around?
Dear Green Ronin,
Please be aware your sterling reputation is soon to be marred by your association with your Freeport writer, Owen Stephens. Paizo will be firing him soon, due to accusations he has misused Kickstarter funds, and used his position of great power within the game industry to take advantage of minorities and trannies.
Please save yourselves from going down with his sinking ship.
A concerned fan.
He posted this to three threads.
Psistrike

Re: Owen Stephens post on Ronin Army

Post by Psistrike »

I've checked on RPGnet forums, searched for anything on Owen Stephens and any such rumors and nothing, nothing from Paizo at all themselves. It seems this is just someone trying to ruin his reputation by spreading false information. The fact the poster only has 5 posts over on Roninarmy and only showed back up to post this seems almost like a new form of spamming to me.
Ken

Post by Ken »

What "sterling reputation"?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:09 am What "sterling reputation"?
In all fairness, Green Ronin does have a pretty good reputation. The releases have gotten slower, and further in between, but that's partly because the gaming industry is feeling the blow of the recession still, which makes it harder to keep staff up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I was referring to their handling of their fans, and what led to this place opening.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 pm I was referring to their handling of their fans, and what led to this place opening.
Ah. Yeah, that was a bit of an ugly chapter, although I still feel like it was basically one incendiary employee and everyone else being too stressed out to deal with it.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:31 pm I doubt it will stick around for long, but anyone have insight on what this guy is training around?
Dear Green Ronin,
Please be aware your sterling reputation is soon to be marred by your association with your Freeport writer, Owen Stephens. Paizo will be firing him soon, due to accusations he has misused Kickstarter funds, and used his position of great power within the game industry to take advantage of minorities and trannies.
Please save yourselves from going down with his sinking ship.
A concerned fan.
He posted this to three threads.
According to MULTIPLE professional peers of Mr. Stephens, there are no truth to the allegations about his character whatsoever, and the man is essentially being targeted/cyber-stalked by a solitary kook who has some grudge against him. I imagine the particular accusations about him were tailored to GR's well known embrace of LGBTQ creators.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

This smell fishier than an entire barrel of Surströmming.

Although this kind of situations are more common that we know having them written down by a forum user looks exactly like a case of pure cyber-bullying.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It's good to hear that there is no substance. I figured that was the case, given this was the only mention I'd seen, but I'm also not the most well-informed.
proditor

Post by proditor »

I oddly wonder if this has anything to do with the delayed to death "Warlords of the Apocalypse"?