Question about a Strength Feat

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Ares
Site Admin

Question about a Strength Feat

Post by Ares »

Wanted to get an idea where everyone would place a strength feat, either in Mutants and Masterminds terms or in a general superhero comic/film/tv series comparison.

This comes from a Kamen Rider TV film, so the budget isn't huge and you need to use your imagination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvETkEAB7hw

The short version is, a newly transformed superhero is fighting monsters, and gets pinned by a rather large bulldozer. After a pep-talk from his daughter, he forces the bulldozer blade up off of him, and then kicks the thing hard enough to send it rolling away from him, hard enough to make impact sparks from what it crashes into.

Without more modern TV effects or a bigger budget, it's not as impressive as I get the feeling they wanted it to be, but it's still a really decent strength feat.

My question is where would you guys place this kind of thing? Is this more of a Spider-Man strength feat, higher, lower, etc.?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Chris Brady

Re: Question about a Strength Feat

Post by Chris Brady »

Enhanced Attribute: Strength, Limit: Needs encouragement (?) 1 point per rank
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm not asking how to replicate the feat mechanically. There's nothing there that can't really be covered with Extra Effort, a Hero Point or a decent dice roll.

My question is more where people would peg the characters strength rating based on said feat, or what kind of heroes they'd feel would have comparable strength based on that scenario. To use a Marvel Cinematic Universe comparison, it's beyond what I'd expect Captain America to be able to accomplish, would be trivial for someone like Thor or the Hulk, but would be about right for a Spider-Man feat.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 am I'm not asking how to replicate the feat mechanically. There's nothing there that can't really be covered with Extra Effort, a Hero Point or a decent dice roll.

My question is more where people would peg the characters strength rating based on said feat, or what kind of heroes they'd feel would have comparable strength based on that scenario. To use a Marvel Cinematic Universe comparison, it's beyond what I'd expect Captain America to be able to accomplish, would be trivial for someone like Thor or the Hulk, but would be about right for a Spider-Man feat.
Above early Luke Cage and right in line with Spidey pr one of the wrecking crew.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Seems a little high for a normal Spiderman move, but a "digging deep" moment sounds just right
Ken

Post by Ken »

Aquaman level.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Depends on the weight of the bulldozer mostly
most bulldozers cna weight between 8-104 tons presuming this is one of the smaller ones will say 8-12 tons in order to kick it off him he has to push himself to a casual strength where the bulldozers weight is less then half his max so it cna be tossed

ok watched the clip and he basically pushes the blade off himself, then kicks it hard enough to shove it back a few feet.

so bulldozers a solid rank 9 weight class needs at least a 10 strength to reliably push against so if the rider gets that hero point boost from his daughters promise yeah id say he could push himself to a solid 10 strength maybe a bit of power lifting.

So yeah given the Clip id say a solid Spiderman or early Luke Cage level of strength maybe low level Jessica Jones. Auqaman is also a good one
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories